<quoted text>You are what you eat.
So you eat nuts? Explains a lot :)

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#772557 Aug 22, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Christianity does not teach that stuff.
If you disagree, you'll quote Scripture to demonstrate that you are correct.
Christianity teaches all that Christians learn from other Christians and Christian artifacts that is distinctly Christian.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#772558 Aug 22, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Like claiming an infinite universe would mean we would have had noses infinite in length. Yeah... Your level is a unique one
My claim is accurate.

Any portion of an infinite distance is also infinite.

If that screws up your theory, then your theory is wrong.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#772559 Aug 22, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>

God isn't doing anything. God doesn't exist.
It is impossible to know what you claim here to know.

There is a term for that:

"Lying"

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#772560 Aug 22, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, some people today are really sick and savage. I cannot stand watching/listening to the news because of the awful things that happen today. I just cannot understand it. It is not hard to understand why, though. It is clearly, for the most part, that this world has no morality or common decency for others. What would you say you or I could do to be part of the solution?
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about whats going on in the Middle-East or Missouri?
I don't know what you are talking about. What in the Middle East? What in Missouri?

I was responding to DWB's post (the strangulation of a woman who was left in the street like a dog - I think he said and the beheading of women and children - I think is what he said), but I am talking about the awful things that happen in general also.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#772561 Aug 22, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Ugh, are you saying people much better of in atheist China? China is a third world county? Why do you suppose it is being a economical giant? The government starves its people, they do not allow them freedom or choice!! So we would all be better off living like China?? hmmm... Maybe you should travel outside Asia.. I mean, you have been there every year of your life except when you were in Nam?? Another atheist country...
Put down the sauce, drunkard. You've every confused.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#772562 Aug 22, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
<quoted text>
The first bit of evidence for a multiverse is there's the argument that it may have been possible for the universe to have had different fundamental constants inhospitable to life, the so called fine tuning argument for gods, a teleological argument basically the same as Paley's found watch argument. If it's true that universes can be other than this one, then the likelihood of such a thing happening the first and only time it ever did is sufficiently small that we are asked to consiider specified complexity and intelligence as the solution - a conscious creator god.
If, however, the same thing could be accomplished by an unconsicous entity generating uncountable numbers of universes of all tunings, then we can arrive at the same place without intelligence. The multiverse hypothesis much more parsimonious than the conscious creator god hypothesis, and our preference for it is in compliance with Occam's Razor. There is nothing less likely to exist undesigned and uncreated than a conscious, all-knowing, all-powerful god capable of design and creation. If we need to posit the existence of something eternal or self-creating outside of our universe to account for it, the multiverse is our best bet. That's a compelling argument for a multiverse.
Then there is this, which appears to be an umbillical scar in the universe - a hilum if you will - perhaps indicating a mother multiverse from which our universe arose.
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2010...
I have heard this argument hefore, whete they glimpsed flashpoints and considered it to be Big Bangs. Plural. Would change a lot of if it is indeed so.

I hear you on the multiverse. Yeah, it would nullify the idea of a god to is, but to most religiois folks? Would just roll right off their backs, Im afraid. Methinks they would just incorporate it. "Our god is soooo great, he created more than one universe"

There is no god as powerful as he who dwells in the gaps
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#772564 Aug 22, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you eat nuts? Explains a lot :)
Yep, Christian insanity knows no limits.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#772565 Aug 22, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
The monster you refer to doesn't exist. God does not put people in hell for eternity.
Born-again Christians will live in Heaven for eternity, people that have rejected God will die. The same death you atheists think will happen to everybody, you just turn off like a broken radio.
That's why your question is irrelevant.
It's relevant because many Christians believe that their God puts people in hell for eternity to suffer.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#772566 Aug 22, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Ugh, are you saying people much better of in atheist China? China is a third world county? Why do you suppose it is being a economical giant? The government starves its people, they do not allow them freedom or choice!! So we would all be better off living like China?? hmmm... Maybe you should travel outside Asia.. I mean, you have been there every year of your life except when you were in Nam?? Another atheist country...
They even have KFC and McDonalds in China.

And tell us: Are you a guy?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#772567 Aug 22, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil is a subjective term.
For example; I think it's evil to sodomise little kids, christians don't think it's evil to sodomise little kids.
http://i.imgur.com/w8cA2pt.jpg
You are demented.

Here's one of your crew doing what he likes best.

http://www.examiner.com/article/duke-universi...
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#772568 Aug 22, 2014
atheism is destructive wrote:
<quoted text>
Why , when you claim that you know for a fact God doesn't exist? Based on your rationality, you are looking stupid.
Now you're lying for Jesus. I never made that claim. So, you can't escritoire the exact nature of your god. Check.

#772569 Aug 22, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I just happened to be in the courtroom.
My clients never get sentenced to more than 99 years.
I'm good at what I do.
Which is the more challenging: prosecution, or defense?

In my own humble opinion, the stakes are opposite, yet equal.

Long Beach, CA

#772570 Aug 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about?
Every word I said is truthful and factual.
The 7th Circuit declared atheism a religion. I posted the ruling.
Do you need someone with legal training to read it to you?
The Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, citing previous decisions, stated:
"The Establishment Clause also prohibits the government from favoring one religion over another without a legitimate secular reason."
"The First Amendment does not allow a state to make it easier for adherents of one faith to practice their religion than for adherents of another faith to practice their religion, unless there is a secular justification for the difference in treatment.'); Berger v. Rensselaer Cent. Sch. Corp., 982 F.2d 1160, 1168-69 (7th Cir. 1993)"
"We Vacate the grant of summary judgment in favor of the defendants on Kaufman's Establishment Clause claim..."
You little incompetent snot-nose punk, the next time you want to call me a fraud, you better know something about what the hell you are talking about.
I know that you know that I know that you're full of it.

But what's the point, asks the snot-nose punk?

#772571 Aug 22, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
If we assume the "vessel" is self-contained and doesn't rely upon an external energy source, then its mass would start out infinite.
Uh oh!
<quoted text>
Yes sir... that's the gist of it. Mass is a scalar quantity. "Weight"... or resistance... arises when a vector force acts upon mass. It would be a never-ending push to an unachievable upper speed limit.
<quoted text>
Yep... from a traveler's perspective, nothing would seem to change about himself. To him, meters and seconds in his reference frame would still seem like meters and seconds. Somewhere along the way, the rest of the universe would become rather interesting... and eventually very boring. Does the universe "flatten" toward a plane perpendicular his line of travel, or does it contract toward brilliant point directly ahead? Well, in a way, both... which is another mind-boggling paradox arising from SR... but that it also prevents us having to contend with.
It would be fun to actually perceive Terrell rotation, angular aberration, spectral Doppler shift, and all the other things arising from that sort of velocity... but, alas... for now we're pretty much stuck near the other end of the speed scale... thanks to our non-zero mass.
<quoted text>
Yeah!
Not too long ago, Hukt got himself a Nexus 7. It's quite the useful little gadget for many things. Reading Topix is one of them... posting to Topix definitely ain't.
Don't be so hard on us, we are mere infants. Soon,.we will take the next step: the ability accelerate in space, using an independant power source. An from there? Sky is the limit.

If we can travel a significant fraction of C, say, 0.1, that would mean that a flight from Earth to Neptune would last about two days. Two days! Imagine the mining we could do. Imagine if we could mine on the billions of asteroids in the asteroid belt. Or in the Oort Cloud. Forget coal and oil, go fetch Helium 3

Long Beach, CA

#772572 Aug 22, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The universe is a scary place.
The universe is a scary place.

But you gather your strength and take it on.

Or you grasp the crutch of religion instead.

That's the choice.

I made mine.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#772573 Aug 22, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody wants to see it. Keep it covered.
Geez, I meant my previous post content, not that. You would never get that pleasure. Ewwwww, never for someone like you.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Evolution is true.....

#772574 Aug 22, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>Christian killings is just as much of an atrocity as atheist killings.
Jesus came and that made the difference. WE now have grace.
The baby bashing happened after the so-called Jesus was dead and the Christians were out proselytizing and bashing and killing anyone who didn't believe in their vision/version of God. After a while they had killed or maimed all the disbelievers, or scared them so much they wouldn't show themselves for centuries.

This of course was all pulled off under the banner of a loving Jesus Christ and God. You believed or a loving Jesus would have you killed.

We know for a fact how the Christian religion was formed and promulgated, we know how evil the people (missionaries) were who took the religion to foreign countries, we know how they treated natives. We know how they (natives) were fckd over....very very badly in some places.

So we have to admit the religion was founded (all the way back to the Hebrews) on evilness, immorality, malice, injustice, and plunder. Only after a thousand years and mounting secular pressure does the church deign to start cleaning up it's act.

Christians today like to ignore the religions early beginnings and make believe they are now, and always, soooo holy....well, I call Original Sin on them. Any religion that has such inauspicious beginnings is not to be trusted...ever.

" Millions of the indigenous people were killed, tortured, marginalized and relegated to the level of slaves, all in the name of the Catholic Church. As Latin America was colonized and “civilized,” the rich European landowners were recognized as the default economic and political leaders by the Vatican." http://web.stanford.edu/class/e297a/Oscar%20R...

Remember the Protestant denominations are offshoots of the Catholic Church, and the Catholics and Protestants killed each other, back and forth, over doctrine, for many many decades. Not to mention they both sanctioned slavery for hundreds of years....a sure sign that their 'God is phony.

Taking into account all I know about the Christian religion and its long dismal history, I not only find it repulsive, but find it hard to believe that the religion is real.

Your 'Grace' is in your head only

“Jesus came and that made the difference.”

Remember, there was no Adam and Eve as written in the Bible. This impacts Jesus quite a bit.

Long Beach, CA

#772575 Aug 22, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is the more challenging: prosecution, or defense?
In my own humble opinion, the stakes are opposite, yet equal.
Trial practice, and especially criminal practice, is quite challenging no matter what side you're on.

It all breaks down to the individual. Some people are naturally driven to prosecution; others are born defense attorneys. The former get satisfaction from protecting the community from lawbreakers. The latter are fulfilled with the knowledge they are protecting an individual's rights as afforded by the Constitution and the laws.

The big money is in civil practice. The high-end bankruptcy lawyers, these days, are making up to US$5 million a year or even more.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#772577 Aug 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
What is the largest finite range before the range becomes infinite?
Why can't we add "1" to that finite range?
And that one?
There is no completed infinite. Do you know what this means?
It means there is no infinite.
How could you possibly know? You're too busy looking behind you to see the infinite expanse before you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 min Burke Devlin 6,401
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 min sangili karuppan 1,837
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 min sangili karuppan 7,475
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 min Ajay 446
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 min MUQ2 835
The Christian Atheist debate 8 min BenAdam 1,939
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min pusherman_ 599,406
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 272,403
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,892
More from around the web