Prove there's a god.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#772802 Aug 23, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Distance is not an abstract extension. Distance is a quantity of measurement yielded by physical properties.
Your closed loop offered as an actual physical infinity either (a) must be rejected because it is imaginary, or (b) must conform to physical properties like distance.
If required to conform as in (b), then one revolution of the loop is an infinite distance because you are proposing an infinite total distance.
If the total of travel in the loop is infinite, as you propose, then any portion is infinite.
Where "i" is infinity, i/N = i.
Yours is the special pleading. You want your loop to be proof of a physical infinite, but not conform to physical properties.
Awww isn't that cute, Bucky is pretending to be a girl of science. Its so adorable when children play act.

Let me know when you get to high school and study physics, math, geometry and pre-calculus. Then we can have a grown up discussion about the universe and concepts like infinity

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#772803 Aug 23, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever been to the Fifth Wheel? TJ's? O'Hickey's? Big John's?
I was a state inmate, never actually went around any particular place. They had guidelines, I also worked at Taylor County road department. I worked for KDOT, made $10 a day, plus get to sneak a smoke.
State inmates here leaving compound are not allowed to interact with the public, seen a lot of Bourbon country and warehouses, but I seen all of Marion and Taylor county.
The Adjustment Center was at St. Mary's, small town, it was an old catholic school.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#772804 Aug 23, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it.
Didn't realize it myself until Jeff made mention of it during one of the shows. Upon googling "Jeff Dee art"... all sorts of childhood memories resurfaced. Jeff supplied a substantial portion of the artwork for D&D/AD&D rulebooks and manuals. I didn't really play all that much; That didn't stop me from procuring all the manuals though. I was never into comics or action figures or anything like that, but those books were too freggin' cool for little Hukt to not invest in.
<quoted text>
I'm aware of Atheist Eve... never really keep up with it.
Tracie's a former fundamentalist... and thus, knows a thing or two about that mindset and how to deal with it when a caller gets all righteous'n'fuddy-duddy like they sometimes do.
When dealing with the personality that embraces fundamentalism of any stripe there is the worry that they are just as extreme when they reverse course.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#772805 Aug 23, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
http://i.imgur.com/xeMH9oP.jpg
"Upon his release from Emory Hospital, after weeks of intensive care and receiving an experimental serum that cured him of the deadly Ebola virus, Dr Kent Brantley proclaimed; "god saved my life"...
If that is the case, allow me to suggest that next time you contract a deadly disease, that you simply pray about it and prove it..."
I find it quite amusing. Most conservative evangelical Christians deny Global Warming/Climate change, evolution, the Big Bang theory and other sciences.

Yet when they get sick, they rely on modern medicine and science to cure them.

They then turn around and praise the Lordy Jesus for saving them.

What that saying

There are no Christians in the ICU.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#772806 Aug 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>
Most atheist feel life has let them down ...
You're LYING again crazy Sue

Why do you xians LIE so much
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#772807 Aug 23, 2014
Leonardo wrote:
<quoted text>
You should consider pulling your head out of your ass.
You must be christian!

www.evilbible.com

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#772808 Aug 23, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I have my lights on, appliances plugged in, and computer on, but no coal or oil is used to power them. My electric power comes from the sun.
I realize that that is only possible for those who live in sunny areas and who can afford the up front outlay (my system pays for itself in 7 years, but you have to have $10,000-30,000 free for this purpose). Governments that can afford to could do the world a great favor by subsidizing that expense for qualified home and business owners. I'm talking about loans that could be paid off in power bil- sized installments, or maybe even outright grants.
I've heard that somewhere between 1% and 10% of the sunlight impacting the earth could power it. There are huge tracts of undeveloped, sunny land that could be fitted with solar panels to power the world.
Apparently the production of solar panels also produces a toxic sludge which then must be dealt with.Multiply the panels and you multiply the sludge.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#772809 Aug 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>You state none of you are a poster child yet you force all Christians in the same category. We are individuals just the same as you all. We may have similarities, but we are unique at the same time. When a poster make a proclamation that many of you disagree with, what happens? I’ll tell you, first name calling, then education bashing, and some even go so far as to suggest worse things. I will be the first one to admit when the slandering starts, I give it right back, but I never start that kind of attack. I feel it is the only defense these people understand. I do not need anyone to tell me I am or am not amusing; I know I am witty and feisty. I do not think it is a character flaw either; not that I do not have one, but that is not my flaw. To me, this is not integrity, or personal freedom. In fact I think it is the opposite.
The biggest mistake many of you make is underestimating the intellect of a Christian. It seems like some of you try to bully Christians and when they become “that person” you brought out, then low and behold.. the whole double standard starts..
I have seen some really… hummm.. stupid comments made by atheist.. and yes, some really stupid comments made by believers. However, almost every atheist has this idea that Christians only believe because they have not been educated. You know that is a falsification, yet you have said it before. Maybe you did so in a time of deep frustration with a poster who you feel is badgering you, but none the less this is an untruth. There more educated believers than educated atheist. 38.9% of Americans have a college degree. Only 5% are atheist which suggest a larger percent of educated people are believers. I understand we have to take this one step further, 43% of atheist have a college degree while only 36% of Christians, but still, that does not suggest Christians are not educated.
Your post is completely correct.

"The biggest mistake many of you make is underestimating the intellect of a Christian. It seems like some of you try to bully Christians and when they become “that person” you brought out, then low and behold.. the whole double standard starts."

Exactly!!

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#772810 Aug 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
I am sure I am going to get a whole lot of backlash from both sides for this but here is my take on God. Does God love us perfectly, Yes, I think so. Is God an angry God? Yes, at times. What do you expect? His own creation He formed from love rejects Him, and then cries foul when things do not go their way. They demand proof of Him and when they get it, they cry foul. Do I think God is a murderer? By human standards, yes; by God’s standards, NO!
Now, what does that mean? We are His creation and He holds are life in His hands and it is up to Him what path to take concerning our life. He is a jealous God and He is not going to make people love Him. Why not when He can? Well, that would not be real love, but rather forced love and that is why we have freewill. He wants us to choose Him. Does God understand us? Yes, especially now that Jesus came. Do I think God, who loves His children, is going to punish us for all eternity? I don’t know. I have a hard time thinking that way. We are his creation and as much as I love my children, my Father loves me more. Could I punish my own children for all time? No, so I cannot believe that is God’s plan for our lives.
Enter Jesus, He is not jealous and He came to save us from ourselves basically. Sins can be washed away. Jesus died so that I may live. Jesus talks about a lot of things we should do as humans to live life fully, with happiness and joy, and without hurting others in our path. I think Jesus understands more about us than God might; Jesus became one of us and went to the Father on our behalf. Is Jesus the Church, no. Do I have to follow the teachings of “The Church” to be a Christian? Absolutely not! Jesus and the Church teach two very different things. I follow what I believe Jesus wants. Am I always right, probably not. But I do not let church guide me. I allow Jesus to take the wheel. Do I let Jesus steer at all times? Heck no or I would not have half the messes and problems that come into my life. Am I always Christ like? No, but I desire to be and I am a work in progress. Now, that basically sums it up! So enough with the silly questions about God and if I think He is this or that.
I agree. Great post!!

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#772811 Aug 23, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is completely correct.
"The biggest mistake many of you make is underestimating the intellect of a Christian. It seems like some of you try to bully Christians and when they become “that person” you brought out, then low and behold.. the whole double standard starts."
Exactly!!
I find it difficult to underestimate the intellect of a Christian.

And I am compelled to point out your "low and behold".

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#772812 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Agreed. It is insincere to point to a scripture that most Christians neither respect nor embody, and claim that, "This is what Christianity teaches." I agree with you. If you want to know what Christianity teaches, look at Christians, not their book.
Christianity does not teach love or the Golden Rule. It teaches scapegoating (homophobia and atheophobia), tribalism, magical thinking, anti-intellectualism, self-loathing (hamartiology), misanthropy, nihilism, and lying for Jesus.
Aint no love in the churches. That's what I found.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#772813 Aug 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>About 66% of atheist was once Christian, so by that standard alone I can suggest what you think is impossible. My statement also goes along with what I said earlier. Many atheist turn from Christianity because of a significant life experience that caused pain or suffering. Possible death, child abuse, and maybe some may have been harassed for being gay. So in the “end” they resort back because what they really feel is anger rather than denial of god. Naturally this does not hold true for every atheist, but I do think it is true for the majority.
Man has been on earth how long now and God has always be present.. God has always, someway and somehow been an integral part of our world. This belief has withstood time; long after the fear of nature dissipated. I believe we were created to know something was above us and it lives on today. I do not think it will just go away because science says so. You see, science is not meant to alleviate God; it is not a tool that can or will. That is not to say less people will eventually believe, but many always will because of grand design.
You write:
"Man has been on earth how long now and God has always be present.."

200,000+- years, and until about 1500+- BC there was no indication at all of a Hebrew God. Writing
was introduced in the Middle East about 3500-3100 BC. Well over 1500 years of writing ability before Yahweh is wrote about

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#772815 Aug 23, 2014
...assigned you TO?

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#772816 Aug 23, 2014
Backtoreality wrote:
<quoted text>
100% mental arobics and or mental masterbation and 0% evidence.
That's about right.
On this basis for defining existance i can prove harry potter and spiderman are real too. I mean they have stuff written down about them right? Good nuff for yall right?
I think it is more like 100% mental abuse on a keyboard. I am the first one to say I do not use spell check, and we all make mistakes, but this is ridiculous.
Can you define the word “arobics?” Is it anything like the word aerobics? Maybe you should stop all that preverbal mental “masterbation” and give mind masturbation a nice go at it. I was not trying to prove the “existance” of anything in my post. Not sure what “existence” supposed to mean anyway?? Moreover, I nor anyone else can prove the existence of God just like no one can prove the nonexistence of God. Most people beyond 5th grade learnt to capitalize (I) in a sentence and proper nouns such as "spiderman." I still have no clue where you were going with all of this…:/

“I love Jesus”

#772817 Aug 23, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I proclaim such nonsense? I'm only as smart as a stone, bro.
http://i.imgur.com/7Ww5k80.jpg
"church history
Gloating stories of those who triumphed by cruelly suppressing minority viewpoints."
Ya stuffed it again, I won't debate you now but here is a lovely image for your perusal:
http://i.imgur.com/9AwZHiC.jpg
Hey girl hey, I agree, people sure have done some suppressing and horrible things.. Sad to think of how many children Alfred Kinsey abused.. Napoleon Bonaparte caused 6 million deaths in Europe..Kim Jon II killed 4 million.. You have the Rev Jim Jones, he killed 909 women and children.. He stated, "Off the record, I don’t believe in any loving God. Our people, I would say, are ninety percent atheist." ~ Rev. Jones

suppression.. aggression :(

“I love Jesus”

#772818 Aug 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, compadre.
I'm sure that Susie will henceforth treat me with utmost Christian respect.
I will give you the exact same amount of respect you have given me.. Now we can be besties..
BFF Always
I Party over at curioslu's.. since were all such good friends now..

“I love Jesus”

#772819 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>
I have my lights on, appliances plugged in, and computer on, but no coal or oil is used to power them. My electric power comes from the sun.
I realize that that is only possible for those who live in sunny areas and who can afford the up front outlay (my system pays for itself in 7 years, but you have to have $10,000-30,000 free for this purpose). Governments that can afford to could do the world a great favor by subsidizing that expense for qualified home and business owners. I'm talking about loans that could be paid off in power bil- sized installments, or maybe even outright grants.
I've heard that somewhere between 1% and 10% of the sunlight impacting the earth could power it. There are huge tracts of undeveloped, sunny land that could be fitted with solar panels to power the world.
hat would be ideal, but like you said..$10,000-$30,000 and I also agree the gov shoul help fund this project, but that will never happen.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#772820 Aug 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
Actually I do get it more than you could ever know. You have been convinced by life that God is not real. Some of the most dedicated atheist used to be believers; that is the truth. I understand that perfectly well and I can see why. We all have our moments and if we are honest even the most dedicated Christian questions life.
Most atheist feel life has let them down and it is not a science book that steers them in that direction either,(although this is what they suggest) but rather the suffering life causes. And honestly I can see why someone would feel that way; life is painful at times. People do horrible things and we want answers; how can all this evil exist?
Life throws some shyt at us, but you have to rise above it. Some people can and some people cannot. Some rise above the pain and happen to be atheist and some happen to be believers. Some wallow in their pain, and again, some of these people are atheist and some are believers. Most of the time, we all blame God, but atheist who used to be believers usually become angry they turn away from their faith, but true believers find understanding. Not all believers rise above the pain either even though they still have faith. They turn to drugs, alcohol or other means to find just a moment of comfort.
The right path is always the hardest to travel and the most painful. The right way to deal with pain usually causes the person to FEEL the pain fully without dulling factors. These people become strong even though their pain is felt deeply. The weaker people assume they have more pain because they dwell in it and they cannot see beyond their own suffering. Strong people, well they rise above their circumstance even though they FEEL more than weak people who cannot handle the pain. Strong people feel and rise rather than wallowing; they probably feel more. Wallowing will not heal the wounds; it only hides the pain and causes all kinds of problems.
Sadly, we will all fall to our knees if we live long enough, but standing up and facing things takes courage and strength and you may fall every day for a long time, but you still have to stand daily and overcome the pain and anger. I am actually sorry life caused you so much sorrow regardless of whether you are atheist or not. I hope you heal and find strength.
I don't know what any of that has to do with me, Ramblin' Sue.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#772821 Aug 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give you the exact same amount of respect you have given me.. Now we can be besties..
BFF Always
I Party over at curioslu's.. since were all such good friends now..
But be forewarned, Curiouslu's parties are clothing optional.

“I love Jesus”

#772822 Aug 23, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"Man has been on earth how long now and God has always be present.."
200,000+- years, and until about 1500+- BC there was no indication at all of a Hebrew God. Writing
was introduced in the Middle East about 3500-3100 BC. Well over 1500 years of writing ability before Yahweh is wrote about
Do you really think I believe God aka Yahweh did not reveal Himself until the writing of the Hebrew Bible? Are you serious when you say that? If I am a true believer, then I also believe in the creation and the first man and first woman.. So yeah, God from the beginning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min old_moose 15,684
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min PadMark 683,630
gay guys for fun on skype (Jan '13) 1 hr Dave Matthews 4
USA Today, says Jehovah's Witnesses is the fast... (Feb '08) 1 hr BORN AGAIN PAST JW 63
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr REBUKING EVIL 19
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 2 hr andet1987 85
food lion employee abuse 3 hr panther81 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr harsh rebukes evi... 619,688
More from around the web