Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#772789 Aug 23, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Distance is not an abstract extension. Distance is a quantity of measurement yielded by physical properties.
Your closed loop offered as an actual physical infinity either (a) must be rejected because it is imaginary, or (b) must conform to physical properties like distance.
If required to conform as in (b), then one revolution of the loop is an infinite distance because you are proposing an infinite total distance.
If the total of travel in the loop is infinite, as you propose, then any portion is infinite.
Where "i" is infinity, i/N = i.
Yours is the special pleading. You want your loop to be proof of a physical infinite, but not conform to physical properties.
Solid bone, did your head fossilized, or were you born this way? lmao

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#772790 Aug 23, 2014
feces for brains, dude, Seriously!

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#772791 Aug 23, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is not presumed to be infinite.
Who told you that?
Time is finite. Infinite time is impossible.
As it continues, it continues to be finite.
Your tautology is to theorize infinite time in order to support infinite distance of expansion.
It's absurd.
Tell us when the end of time is then Buck.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#772792 Aug 23, 2014
"A Catholic priest and a rabbi are walking down the street one day when they see a pair of angelic-looking 12-year-old boys playing football in the park.

The priest turns to the rabbi, nudges him in the ribs and says:

"I tell you what; let's go and screw those boys"

The rabbi looked at him curiously and answered:

"Out of what?""

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#772793 Aug 23, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "my" definition. It's the definition.
Atheism cannot be defined as "a lack of a god belief" because atheists have a god belief - the belief that there is no god.
If it is not your belief that no god exists, you are not an atheist.
My experience with you is that you believe no god exists, making you an atheist.
If you do not hold that view of the matter, you are likely an agnostic.
That's the whole problem, you do have your own daffynitions in some cases.
: extending indefinitely : endless <infinite space>
: immeasurably or inconceivably great or extensive : inexhaustible <infinite patience>
: subject to no limitation or external determination
a : extending beyond, lying beyond, or being greater than any preassigned finite value however large <infinite number of positive numbers>
b : extending to infinity <infinite plane surface>
c : characterized by an infinite number of elements or terms
Days( subject to no limitation) <infinite number of positive numbers>extending to infinity- infinite number of elements(days)
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inf...

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#772794 Aug 23, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher is quite accomplished. He graduated from a great two great universities. He is a Hall of Fame athlete at one. He graduated from perhaps the most prestigious law in the nation school with honors. He is has also distinguished himself in professional sphere, where besides being a practicing attorney, he is also known as an author, lecturer and panelist. He has also chaired state committees. He is also a world traveler and bon vivant.
Why do you think a man like that has posted over 20,000 times on Topix over the last four years? It's not because he doesn't have a life.
Thanks, compadre.

I'm sure that Susie will henceforth treat me with utmost Christian respect.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#772795 Aug 23, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Did you guys hear about the Jewish pedophile?
He approaches children and says, "Want to buy some candy?"
The Redneck will love that one.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#772796 Aug 23, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
It was not an apology. I stand the same as before on the apology bit. It was only an admission that I had not been recently acting in the ways of God and Jesus wishes me to.
I guess you don't see what you're saying about yourself or your character. You know that you have behaved inappropriately, but would wouldn't dream of apologizing. You just mutter a few words to your ceiling fan and imagine yourself forgiven. See item [19] below.

Horrible Ideas Taught To Christians By Their Church

[1] Christian misanthropy (man is an inherently sick and defective thing that does mostly harm
[2] Christian antiscientism (don't believe or trust scientists)
[3] Christian anti-intellectualism (the wise are fools)
[4] Christian misogyny (the war on reproductive freedom)
[5] Christian atheophobia (unbelievers are morally unfit and infested with demons)
[6] Christian homophobia (gay people are an abomination to the god, and so should be persecuted)
[7] Christian infantilizing (self-actualization is arrogant pride, magical thinking is appropriate, submission and obedience are virtues)
[8] Christian sexual guilt (shame on you for having reproductive instincts!)
[9] Christian psychological terrorism (threats of eternal torture beginning in childhood)
[10] Christian alienation ("the world" is bad, you don't belong there)
[11] Christian love (blood sacrifice, damnation, scapegoating)
[12] Christian easy self-forgiveness
[13] Christian anhedonia (pleasure is bad)
[14] Christian slave ethics (be meek, submit)
[15] Christian exceptionalism (the sense of self-goodness and other-badness that assumes that when A Christian says Merry Christmas, it’s an act of good cheer, but when a non-Christian says Happy Holidays, he’s a demon waging war on Christmas .)
[16] The revenge and punishment model (the disobedient deserve to suffer even if to no benefit, as in hell)
[17] Christian self-victimhood (the most persecuted majority ever)
[18] Christian xenophobia and tribalism [Deut 18:9-14:“When you enter the land which the LORD your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate the detestable things of those nations.”]
[19] Cheap self-forgiveness (available on demand)
[20] Christian bodily self-loathing/self-alienation - the concept that a soul is a prisoner in an inferior vessel that it struggles to resist until it can be free of it.
[21] Christian ingratitude (when somebody does you a favor, you thank your god for sending them

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#772797 Aug 23, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually met the turtleman, when I ran a chainsaw for Marion county road department. I was actually serving time at Marion Adjustment Center.
turtleman was a crazy mf'er!
He would come by the garage and drink coffee with them dudes..
Ever been to the Fifth Wheel? TJ's? O'Hickey's? Big John's?

Location hidden

#772798 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>I guess you don't see what you're saying about yourself or your character. You know that you have behaved inappropriately, but would wouldn't dream of apologizing. You just mutter a few words to your ceiling fan and imagine yourself forgiven. See item [19] below.

Horrible Ideas Taught To Christians By Their Church

[1] Christian misanthropy (man is an inherently sick and defective thing that does mostly harm
[2] Christian antiscientism (don't believe or trust scientists)
[3] Christian anti-intellectualism (the wise are fools)
[4] Christian misogyny (the war on reproductive freedom)
[5] Christian atheophobia (unbelievers are morally unfit and infested with demons)
[6] Christian homophobia (gay people are an abomination to the god, and so should be persecuted)
[7] Christian infantilizing (self-actualization is arrogant pride, magical thinking is appropriate, submission and obedience are virtues)
[8] Christian sexual guilt (shame on you for having reproductive instincts!)
[9] Christian psychological terrorism (threats of eternal torture beginning in childhood)
[10] Christian alienation ("the world" is bad, you don't belong there)
[11] Christian love (blood sacrifice, damnation, scapegoating)
[12] Christian easy self-forgiveness
[13] Christian anhedonia (pleasure is bad)
[14] Christian slave ethics (be meek, submit)
[15] Christian exceptionalism (the sense of self-goodness and other-badness that assumes that when A Christian says Merry Christmas, it’s an act of good cheer, but when a non-Christian says Happy Holidays, he’s a demon waging war on Christmas .)
[16] The revenge and punishment model (the disobedient deserve to suffer even if to no benefit, as in hell)
[17] Christian self-victimhood (the most persecuted majority ever)
[18] Christian xenophobia and tribalism [Deut 18:9-14:“When you enter the land which the LORD your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate the detestable things of those nations.”]
[19] Cheap self-forgiveness (available on demand)
[20] Christian bodily self-loathing/self-alienation - the concept that a soul is a prisoner in an inferior vessel that it struggles to resist until it can be free of it.
[21] Christian ingratitude (when somebody does you a favor, you thank your god for sending them
http://i.imgur.com/xeMH9oP.jpg

"Upon his release from Emory Hospital, after weeks of intensive care and receiving an experimental serum that cured him of the deadly Ebola virus, Dr Kent Brantley proclaimed; "god saved my life"...

If that is the case, allow me to suggest that next time you contract a deadly disease, that you simply pray about it and prove it..."

Location hidden

#772799 Aug 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes, there are sound reasons to be legally married.

It can affect one's rights under the law.

Later, I'l give you a concrete example.

But I'm late for the gym.

Off.
Alright.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#772800 Aug 23, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 100% sure of the love, the woman and the commitment.
I don't need the government's blessing. I've only been to Australia a couple of times and only for a couple of days. If your government employees are anything like the ones in the U.S. then you should want them as far away from your personal life as they can get.
That's just me.
That is awesome!!
I agree. It's just a piece of paper. It obviously doesn't mean that you will stay together. The commitment is what matters. Interesting take. Once again I agree. The less the government has control of your personal life, the better. But, what about benefits like insurance and such? Do you think those kind of benefits should be granted without the requirement of marriage? I believe so. If you are a couple, shouldn't those benefits be allowed?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#772801 Aug 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
Yet, I bet you have your lights on as we speak and all your appliances plugged in. There is also the fact your computer is on and the internet company uses electricity. Those miners work hard so you can sit there and gripe. If life in China was so great, why are you in the US now?
I have my lights on, appliances plugged in, and computer on, but no coal or oil is used to power them. My electric power comes from the sun.

I realize that that is only possible for those who live in sunny areas and who can afford the up front outlay (my system pays for itself in 7 years, but you have to have $10,000-30,000 free for this purpose). Governments that can afford to could do the world a great favor by subsidizing that expense for qualified home and business owners. I'm talking about loans that could be paid off in power bil- sized installments, or maybe even outright grants.

I've heard that somewhere between 1% and 10% of the sunlight impacting the earth could power it. There are huge tracts of undeveloped, sunny land that could be fitted with solar panels to power the world.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#772802 Aug 23, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Distance is not an abstract extension. Distance is a quantity of measurement yielded by physical properties.
Your closed loop offered as an actual physical infinity either (a) must be rejected because it is imaginary, or (b) must conform to physical properties like distance.
If required to conform as in (b), then one revolution of the loop is an infinite distance because you are proposing an infinite total distance.
If the total of travel in the loop is infinite, as you propose, then any portion is infinite.
Where "i" is infinity, i/N = i.
Yours is the special pleading. You want your loop to be proof of a physical infinite, but not conform to physical properties.
Awww isn't that cute, Bucky is pretending to be a girl of science. Its so adorable when children play act.

Let me know when you get to high school and study physics, math, geometry and pre-calculus. Then we can have a grown up discussion about the universe and concepts like infinity

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#772803 Aug 23, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever been to the Fifth Wheel? TJ's? O'Hickey's? Big John's?
I was a state inmate, never actually went around any particular place. They had guidelines, I also worked at Taylor County road department. I worked for KDOT, made $10 a day, plus get to sneak a smoke.
State inmates here leaving compound are not allowed to interact with the public, seen a lot of Bourbon country and warehouses, but I seen all of Marion and Taylor county.
The Adjustment Center was at St. Mary's, small town, it was an old catholic school.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#772804 Aug 23, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it.
Didn't realize it myself until Jeff made mention of it during one of the shows. Upon googling "Jeff Dee art"... all sorts of childhood memories resurfaced. Jeff supplied a substantial portion of the artwork for D&D/AD&D rulebooks and manuals. I didn't really play all that much; That didn't stop me from procuring all the manuals though. I was never into comics or action figures or anything like that, but those books were too freggin' cool for little Hukt to not invest in.
<quoted text>
I'm aware of Atheist Eve... never really keep up with it.
Tracie's a former fundamentalist... and thus, knows a thing or two about that mindset and how to deal with it when a caller gets all righteous'n'fuddy-duddy like they sometimes do.
When dealing with the personality that embraces fundamentalism of any stripe there is the worry that they are just as extreme when they reverse course.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#772805 Aug 23, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
http://i.imgur.com/xeMH9oP.jpg
"Upon his release from Emory Hospital, after weeks of intensive care and receiving an experimental serum that cured him of the deadly Ebola virus, Dr Kent Brantley proclaimed; "god saved my life"...
If that is the case, allow me to suggest that next time you contract a deadly disease, that you simply pray about it and prove it..."
I find it quite amusing. Most conservative evangelical Christians deny Global Warming/Climate change, evolution, the Big Bang theory and other sciences.

Yet when they get sick, they rely on modern medicine and science to cure them.

They then turn around and praise the Lordy Jesus for saving them.

What that saying

There are no Christians in the ICU.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#772806 Aug 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>
Most atheist feel life has let them down ...
You're LYING again crazy Sue

Why do you xians LIE so much
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#772807 Aug 23, 2014
Leonardo wrote:
<quoted text>
You should consider pulling your head out of your ass.
You must be christian!

www.evilbible.com

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#772808 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>
I have my lights on, appliances plugged in, and computer on, but no coal or oil is used to power them. My electric power comes from the sun.
I realize that that is only possible for those who live in sunny areas and who can afford the up front outlay (my system pays for itself in 7 years, but you have to have $10,000-30,000 free for this purpose). Governments that can afford to could do the world a great favor by subsidizing that expense for qualified home and business owners. I'm talking about loans that could be paid off in power bil- sized installments, or maybe even outright grants.
I've heard that somewhere between 1% and 10% of the sunlight impacting the earth could power it. There are huge tracts of undeveloped, sunny land that could be fitted with solar panels to power the world.
Apparently the production of solar panels also produces a toxic sludge which then must be dealt with.Multiply the panels and you multiply the sludge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Just Think 685,857
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min arrr 26,948
Most likely scenario in Mayweather - McGregor f... 8 min Doctor REALITY 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 41 min Siva 8,524
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Here For Now 619,751
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 5 hr Downlowinfo42069 4
Snitxh 10 hr Downlowinfo42069 1
More from around the web