Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#772277 Aug 22, 2014
Ranger Ruth wrote:
"Their is a eternal hell,for eternal suffering for all sinners."
Can you support that biblically?

I can provide you scripture from the Bible that says you're wrong, eternal suffering is not for sinners, it's for Satan and his demons.

Jesus said:

"...you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels"

---

He also said:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

"…and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing."

They perish, they do not suffer for eternity. Those who choose not to believe in Jesus will not burn in hell forever, they will perish - exist no more.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#772278 Aug 22, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
eta kooram nah smech
It's just a game, dear.
*THUD*

And, unless I'm mistaking the character for another one looks just like it but means something entirely different, I might translate your subscript as "Wild Child"...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#772279 Aug 22, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in the 4th grade a teacher told my class that 1,000,000 was such a huge number, that if we started counting from 1 at that moment, we'd never be able to count to 1,000,000 before we died.
I thought about it, ignoring her as she went on to something else, and came to the conclusion that she was wrong... and abruptly said so.
She told me I was being silly, and the rest of the class laughed at me.
I pressed the issue and was sent to the corner to think about it.
That didn't help.
She was still wrong.
This one's apocryphal - but that doesn't make it wrong.

http://www.snopes.com/humor/letters/hilliker....

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#772280 Aug 22, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to what they have been taught that Gods law means, yes. I was taught about God and the Bible too, but I don't believe that what they are doing is Gods wishes, just because others have different beliefs. I don't think we should go out and kill or strangle people because they have different beliefs. There is a great difference there, but I was taught from the same Bible about the same God. Exactly, different culture, same God. So, wouldn't you say that it is the culture to blame, not the God/Bible? I believe that it is the culture and evil of this world that makes it okay or right to them. Yes, God is the tool that they name as their purpose in doing such things and the many churches that have reinforced this idea are to blame for hurting the true purpose of Christianity/religion. So, I will change my question. What can you or I do to bring Christianity/religion to a place where it is not used as a tool for these atrocities?
Joy, I believe the people were of Islam that strangled that woman, it is an Abrahamic religion, Just as Christianity. You have heard of Ishmael right? and Issac?
The God of Islam is OT, Christianity is NT, Jesus.
What makes Christians belief any better than Islam?
If you were raised in that culture, you as well as I, would have been cheering on dude also.
Their culture beliefs are Just as Ingrained as ours. They, IMO, are OT God worship, Christians worship a Lie.
I am not religious..
Deuteronomy 6 : 15 speaks of a Jealous God, << He doesn't seem willing to share Glory

Location hidden

#772281 Aug 22, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to what they are taught about the Bible, God, and those laws, yes. Teachings, culture, and environment are the culprits.
Well yes you could say that, but it's really irrelevant when a certain way is all you've known.
Them people over there have been throwing rocks at each other for millenia, long before Christianity, descendants of OT God and Ishmael.
I think they are the 2 biggests religions in the world.
If so it is brother against brother still.
IMO anyway.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#772282 Aug 22, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Joy, I believe the people were of Islam that strangled that woman, it is an Abrahamic religion, Just as Christianity. You have heard of Ishmael right? and Issac?
The God of Islam is OT, Christianity is NT, Jesus.
What makes Christians belief any better than Islam?
If you were raised in that culture, you as well as I, would have been cheering on dude also.
Their culture beliefs are Just as Ingrained as ours. They, IMO, are OT God worship, Christians worship a Lie.
I am not religious..
Deuteronomy 6 : 15 speaks of a Jealous God, << He doesn't seem willing to share Glory
What lie to Christians worship?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#772283 Aug 22, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop calling me redneck and I'll stop suggesting you pray, deal?
OK, deal.

I will no longer call you Redneck, as your name.

However, if you express any specific views which I consider to be the views of rednecks, I'll call you on it.

How's that?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#772284 Aug 22, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a Hell. People that reject God will burn to death in Hell, there's no "eternal burning" like some people think.
Seems to me that a deity which would torture and kill the people it created for what they think or believe isn't worth respecting, much less worship.

San Francisco

#772285 Aug 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't.
You have become trivial.
Your grasp of the subject will not allow you to discuss it on my level.
Don't you ever burn-out on pigeon chess?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#772286 Aug 22, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>This one's apocryphal - but that doesn't make it wrong.
http://www.snopes.com/humor/letters/hilliker....
Probably a private Christian school.

A lesson in quiet obedience and acceptance of the dogma.

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#772287 Aug 22, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you support that biblically?
I can provide you scripture from the Bible that says you're wrong, eternal suffering is not for sinners, it's for Satan and his demons.
Jesus said:
"...you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels"
---
He also said:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
"…and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing."
They perish, they do not suffer for eternity. Those who choose not to believe in Jesus will not burn in hell forever, they will perish - exist no more.
All sinners,will suffer in Eternal hell.,read: MATTHEW 5:29,30. 25:41." A place of indescribable horrors." Hebrew word for hell mean eternal punishment." That,in turn means SUFFERING! You are suffering,as your punished!!."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#772288 Aug 22, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, deal.
I will no longer call you Redneck, as your name.
However, if you express any specific views which I consider to be the views of rednecks, I'll call you on it.
How's that?
Not good enough, let's pray.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever.

Amen.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#772289 Aug 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:

Seems to me that a deity which would torture and kill the people it created for what they think or believe isn't worth respecting, much less worship.
Well as soon as you create a universe and life, then you get to dictate on what requires respect and worship.

San Francisco

#772290 Aug 22, 2014
Ranger Ruth wrote:
<quoted text>
All sinners,will suffer in Eternal hell.,read: MATTHEW 5:29,30. 25:41." A place of indescribable horrors." Hebrew word for hell mean eternal punishment." That,in turn means SUFFERING! You are suffering,as your punished!!."
What would be the point of eternal punishment?

San Francisco

#772291 Aug 22, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Well as soon as you create a universe and life, then you get to dictate on what requires respect and worship.
It sounds to me as if you agree that might makes right. Is that correct?

Location hidden

#772292 Aug 22, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
What lie to Christians worship?
Apparently Christianity ( NT )
God said to worship no other Gods before him.
Christianity worships " Jesus " Idolize even..
Jesus, in all effect, has become "God of the earth".

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#772293 Aug 22, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand all that, but you're limiting spaceflight by some kind of engine pushing us forward.
I was directly addressing something YOU said.

What YOU said was completely INCORRECT.

If you actually did understand any of my response, you wouldn't have said what you said in the first place...

... Ya li'll ninny!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#772294 Aug 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you ever burn-out on pigeon chess?
Do you never tire of being completely inept?
henry

Wünnenberg, Germany

#772295 Aug 22, 2014
V for Vendetta wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you need proof that there is a God? What's the point? Would you live your life differently if you had indisputable proof? It's like asking whether there is proof that wind exists. If you were struck by lightning and lived, would you believe in God then? I doubt it. If He stood in front of you and said, I am the real deal, you would probably say you were hallucinating or having a flash-back. When you can only think with a logical mind, it is nearly impossible to believe in someone greater than us who could have no beginning or end. People in general scoff at that which they cannot comprehend. You either believe or you don't--it's a choice. I think the universe is too large for anyone to know for sure who or what "God" could possibly be. How does not believing make one's life better? To me, it's pretty depressing to believe that "man" is the best thing this universe has to offer.
No god, no devil, no hell, no angels, no heaven and so on.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#772296 Aug 22, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. You know what's sad, though? She will go down in infamy but Clinton will go down a hero.
Yep. Liberals do the 'war on women' thing much better than conservatives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Aura Mytha 119,267
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min kent 679,299
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,843
Any mature gay men wanting to Skype? (Jul '12) 2 hr Byscotty69 11
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Patriot 286,325
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 2 hr real 33,217
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr democrat punisher 2,784
More from around the web