Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#771711 Aug 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Buck gets that fine.
What you don't understand is that has nothing to do with infinite distance.
If it is physical distance, it is not infinite.
Double Fine tried to split the difference because he didn't want to say Buck is right and Aura is wrong, for personal reasons most likely. I think he knows better.
Sorry Buck, it is you who is wrong. I have carefully told you the physical distance is calculable.
The distance to travel to it, is infinite. The same goes for the cosmological event horizon,
and light faces the same problem trying to escape a black hole.
The distance becomes infinite , even if it is only 1 mile you have to travel faster than c to get to it.
It would be like running on a treadmill turning faster than you can run, you will see the mile become greater and greater distance, instead of moving toward the destination , you will be falling away from it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#771712 Aug 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
and man is a product of God....circular argument....... UNLESS of course you can prove that you came from a primordial slime accident that happened over 13 billion years ago. BUT, in order to do so you of course would have to have over 13 billion years of evidence. BUT all you have is your lil toy chemistry set that's less than 100 years old but which you claim can go back in time over 13 billion years

does anyone else here get a big kick out of it when these guys pretend to be smart? LOL!!!!
I just did.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#771713 Aug 21, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You've got it backward. There's a difference between "That's offensive" and "That may be offensive" but not between "That's offensive" and "That offends me."
Do I? Care to elaborate?

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#771714 Aug 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's not a completed infinity, it's not infinity.
Which makes sense, since a completed physical infinity is impossible.
Are you not understanding that what Aura is saying is absurd?
This whole argument started with my challenge that there is no completed infinity.
Aura gave this example as a completed infinity.
He's wrong as hell, and you don't have the balls to tell him.
He claimed no such thing.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#771715 Aug 21, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
A measured quantity can never ever be infinite.
Teacher, sir, you are going to fail your own test! Oh noes!
You are half right.

No quantity can be infinite, measured or not.

Physical quantity and infinite are contradictory terms. A physical quantity that is infinite would mean any portion of the quantity is also infinite.

This would mean "equal to", "less than", and "greater than" are non-contradictory terms.

No universe can have such an arrangement of features.

Infinite quantity is impossible.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#771716 Aug 21, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness. I have not heard more twisted logic in years.
"Infinity" is not a value. You won't ever count to infinity. You would never travel an infinite distance or travel at an infinite velocity. Why? Because it is not a value.
Forget Buck school and go back to middle school. Was "infinity" on your list of integers? If yes, go ask your money back
You want to hear "real twisted logic". These guys here sound like geniuses compared to Jimbo over the "should religion be taught in high school" but of course that subject hasn't been discussed in months.

One way or another wrote:

Seeing other galaxies as soon as we look in the eyepiece.
You know how when you look into a telescope you see everything that the telescope is focused in on right away, there's no wait at all. However, science claims that it takes billions of light-years for the light from those distant galaxies to get here. If the light takes so long to get here, how come when we look into the telescope, we see those galaxies as soon as we look in the eyepiece? Even if the light does get here from distant galaxies, those galaxies can't send pictures on just lightwaves. Science is full of fiction and sensationalism. Only the truth and the children suffer from such.
Meanwhile, there is hope for the next generation:

Now, see what I mean?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#771717 Aug 21, 2014
There is more than one type of continuously diminishing function, and the don't all hit zero. For example, consider [ y = 1/x ]
y continuously decreases as x continuously increases from zero, but never reaches zero however high x gets. And there are mathematical infinities on the axes, where either x or y = 0.
That makes sense. I garFed up the calculation, didn't consider the "1/" part, can't divide by zero.

DF wins another round.

Location hidden

#771718 Aug 21, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't GR that breaks down inside a black hole. I mean, it's GR that predicts a breakdown.
Within an event horizon (old school "ideal")... all durations are equal, as are all distances. All spacial and temporal scalars are rendered null and meaningless. What are we left with? >>> A single vector... or an infinite set of vectors, all leading to the same point.(?)
In a "timeless" realm of "effectively infinite" spacial extent, interaction can't occur. An event is an interaction. Interaction requires (and gives rise to) discrete space-time. Inside a black hole, events can't take place... or at the very least, can't be said to take place... which is why the term "event horizon" was chose for the envelope separating "that side" from "this side".
All that goes hand-in-hand with why nothing can escape from the interior. Not even light, traveling at c, can traverse an infinity... which is what every distance and duration effectively equals within an event horizon.
It's QM that breaks down, as it deals strictly with discretes... and within the an event horizon... discretes don't exist... or can't be said to exist.
I know...
Way below your pay grade.
I'm just yappin'.
That's horse shit writ large.

Nonsense on stilts.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#771719 Aug 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's not a completed infinity, it's not infinity.
Which makes sense, since a completed physical infinity is impossible.
Are you not understanding that what Aura is saying is absurd?
This whole argument started with my challenge that there is no completed infinity.
Aura gave this example as a completed infinity.
He's wrong as hell, and you don't have the balls to tell him.
No you are changing it now doofus, you said infinite is impossible.
There is no such thing as a completed infinity. Infinity can exist a completed infinity is a oxymoron, since infinity is forever ...you can't have a completed forever.
But a forever can exist.

Location hidden

#771720 Aug 21, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness. I have not heard more twisted logic in years.
"Infinity" is not a value. You won't ever count to infinity. You would never travel an infinite distance or travel at an infinite velocity. Why? Because it is not a value.
Forget Buck school and go back to middle school. Was "infinity" on your list of integers? If yes, go ask your money back
Correct. Infinite is not a value. It is an idea.

You are agreeing with me and you don't know it.

Every word I typed is impeccably logical.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#771721 Aug 21, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:

I disagree. There will never be any fellowship of understanding with each other, because the unbelievers here do not want that. All they want is to bully, attack, and denigrate. I understand that doing what they are will accomplish nothing, but neither will speaking kindly. You and I have seen that clearly. They have done it since I came here. I was returning their BS and sometimes I do believe that is warranted and necessary. Not bothering with this place today. God bless.
Trolls don't want fellowship of anything, they just want to vent. They need to be ignored (see VIKING or Pomona).

The rest of us really don't mind it and I think a lot of us really do try to get along.

Open your mind, open your heart. Be patient, be kind.

Ask yourself, what would Jesus do?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#771722 Aug 21, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ah crap. I totally misread it. I understand now.
OK.

Off to the gym.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#771723 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
And there it is again - the Christian church speaking through our little princess - the one Stligar says teaches love and fellowship. THIS is what Christians that are receptive are actually taught. Some reject the message in part or wholly, but all are exposed to it.
Please find my post where I said she teaches love and fellowship, as you've now claimed. Do it.

Location hidden

#771724 Aug 21, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, so it can never reach the horizon retreating away faster than c.
And that does not make the horizon distance infinite.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#771725 Aug 21, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear.... it's happening again.
Find something to hide behind, cause something is fixing to hit the fan and we need to be ready to dodge.

Location hidden

#771726 Aug 21, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
IF an object is retreating away from you at c, then the distance between you and it is *effectively* infinite.
IF that rate of retreat is maintained or exceeded, an infinite duration WILL be required to traverse the distance between you and the object.
Traversing the distance would be impossible. The object is not accessible.
That the distance to the object isn't actually ever realized as infinite is because, for all applicable purposes, it is.
It's not infinite, but you want to call it "infinite".

At least that's honest.

Because some are saying it is infinite.

I want to call it "8 inches".

I'm more correct than you when you call it "infinite".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#771727 Aug 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
OK.
Off to the gym.
oTay

Off to the Jim.
jfc

United States

#771728 Aug 21, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No you are changing it now doofus, you said infinite is impossible.
There is no such thing as a completed infinity. Infinity can exist a completed infinity is a oxymoron, since infinity is forever ...you can't have a completed forever.
But a forever can exist.
Buck does not understand perspective when it comes to looking at anything, he's simply a night/day kinda guy. He thinks god exists because he thinks he's god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#771729 Aug 21, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Oh noooo!!!! You better answer him in a satisfactory way RR. Hurry please!!!! Hahahaha
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
All you're doing with this kind of post is stirring up drama and instigating conflict. Knock it off.
Seriously? Nice post.

It's becoming evident that that is her intent. She provokes discord, then plays the part of victim fending off evil bullies in self-defense.

There are obviously issues in this woman's life - anger at something. I doubt that abandonment by her children's fathers can account for all of it.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#771730 Aug 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I say it disqualifies the model from any use?
You failed this question, too.
What it says is the model is inadequately constructed, and needs rethinking.
General relativity doesn't support black holes anyway.
Whut? GR does not support Black Holes?

You may want to read through that again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Drumpf Disaster 2,205
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min nanoanomaly 118,654
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr worthless crap 678,643
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 184,825
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr worthless crap 46,208
The Catholic and Moslem debate 2 hr worthless crap 3
white supremacist freemasons 2 hr worthless crap 6
More from around the web