Prove there's a god.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#771447 Aug 20, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away pest. Nothing you say is believed or wanted. Everyone knows you for the lying, deceptive, evil snake/serpent that you are. BuhBye. God bless.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record, you are wrong.
I hold IANS in high regard for honesty and integrity.
And I know of many others here who feel the same way.
So speak for yourself.
Yeah. You know I've become so accustomed to those types of accusations from Christians(as we all have experienced) they barely register and I just skim on by, but I agree with what you say concerning IANS.

I've been posting on Topix since May 18, 2009 alongside IANS, and I have never seen him lie, obfuscate, or exhibit any behavior that you could call dishonesty by any stretch of the imagination.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#771448 Aug 20, 2014
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
Now moving toward eight hundred thousand comments.
Has anyone come up with anything more substantial than "Prove there I no God"?
And only about 7.5% of them are from Stilgar Frifawi, formerly AKA ProxyQueen AKA Cheetah AKA RiversideRedneck.

He single-handedly rushed the count over 700K, and is going warp speed to 800.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#771449 Aug 20, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
CORRECTION
*forced rape / forced anal sex*
That seems harsh, Dildar ar.

Have you ever just grounded them or implemented some other type of correction? Maybe talk to them in a stern voice, have you tried that?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#771450 Aug 20, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems harsh, Dildar ar.
Have you ever just grounded them or implemented some other type of correction? Maybe talk to them in a stern voice, have you tried that?
Lol

Shu'up.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#771451 Aug 20, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
And only about 7.5% of them are from Stilgar Frifawi, formerly AKA ProxyQueen AKA Cheetah AKA RiversideRedneck.
He single-handedly rushed the count over 700K, and is going warp speed to 800.
You forgot Rodny, Buck and Joy. I guess I'm all of them, too.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#771452 Aug 20, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
That's based on the current model of the visible universe. You think we an see the entire universe already?
Also, you're assuming a few things with that.
1. The universe is isotropic.
2. It's homogenous.
3. The Gauss flux theory is correct based off of 1 & 2.
1&2 have been confirmed 3 has virtually nothing to do with General Relativity and E=mc2

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#771453 Aug 20, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yeah, sure. The more advanced the telescopes become, the more we see how ignorant we were. You don't know that lightspeed is impossible. You just don't.
General relativity is confirmed again and again , so yes we do know the speed of light is unattainable for massive objects.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#771454 Aug 20, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered this, my post # 771823 regarding your post# 770727:
----------
"My bad. I wasn't Lu that you sided with, it was Ben.
Your post #770727
BenAdam wrote:
The number of people murdered, tortured and abused in the name of Christianity since 100 AD is easily numbered in the billions:
http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm
The entire history of Christianity has been one of atrocities committed in the name of Christ.
Catcher1responded:
Right you are.
Your post #770727
So how are we supposed to take that "right you are", as a disagreement?"
----------
Luci's post is irrelevant, as I already acknowledged my error that you were agreeing with Lu when it was actually Ben.
There was more to your post but it was irrelevant to the topic (billions of people murdered, tortured and abused by Christians). You talked about your recent trip and the things you saw there.
If you don't like my answer, I can't help you. There's nothing dishonest, pedantic and there's no wordplay in quoting you verbatim, then supply the quote AND supplying the relevant post numbers.
It's not about agreement or disagreement, it's about what I agreed with.
I said "right you are" to Ben's last sentence--I agreed with Ben's statement that the entire history of Christianity has been one of atrocities.
And I didn't follow up with things I saw my trips, jumbler. I specifically referred to the atrocities committed by the Spaniards (the Conquistadors, whom I didn't see because they are all dead) as examples of the evils of Christians in the name of their god, and added that they stole the gold.

If you didn't read it that way, now you should understand.

If you insist on accusing me of agreeing with something about billions, then you and I still have a problem.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#771455 Aug 20, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh noooo!!!! You better answer him in a satisfactory way RR. Hurry please!!!! Hahahaha
It's up to the Redneck, but you may soon learn some lurid stuff about him.

Stay tuned.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#771456 Aug 20, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be a dick. I never forced anything on my wife.
My point was that the way we define sodomy today is very different from how it was defined in the Bible. In Biblical times, sodomy referred to forced rape. In today's terms, sodomy refers to anal sex and oral sex, forced or not.
So you agree that, in today's terms, you are a sodomist.
Right?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#771457 Aug 20, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Because zero is nothing, nothing is impossible as a measured infinity.
Nothing is as impossible as a "realized" infinity, or a "completed" infinity.

You are claiming the distance of the expansion of the universe is a completed infinity.

It's impossible.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#771458 Aug 20, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Yes. There is no plain mention of anal sex in the Bible. Basically, "sodomy" as written in the Bible refers to "forced anal sex"."

You'll notice that his answer to Catcher was "Yes", followed by "sodomy" as written in the bible refers to forced anal sex".

I would take that affirmative response along with his biblical definition to mean he enjoys forced anal sex with his wife. Couldn't be any plainer, IMO.

Unless he likes to gang-rape angels, too.
What else would you expect from a christian sodomite?

Location hidden

#771459 Aug 20, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It is infinite because it is impossible to travel the co moving distances between point a and point b.
It is a finite distance that is infinite to travel, as it will recede away faster than you can go toward it.
You still didn't address the question.

But never mind.

The above sentences prove you have no idea what we are discussing.

"infinite to travel" is completely nonsensical, and has no meaning whatsoever.

I will reserve my further comments on the subject for someone who is less confused.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#771460 Aug 20, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's placed at the head of what pack? I think it's only become more noticed nowadays because that's where society is leading. In Christianity, homosexual sex is an equal sin to premarital heterosexual sex or heterosexual adultery.
<quoted text>
Divers weights? What? Abomination to the Lord? What?
"The LORD detests differing weights, and dishonest scales do not please him."
<quoted text>
I've heard that preached many, many times. Not just that verse but others like it. It's the whole, "your body is a temple" thing.
"Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise."
<quoted text>
Gracias.
Which only goes further to prove that the church is the first and primary promulgator of homosexuality being an abomination....

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Ver...

Proverbs 20:23 - Divers weights [are] an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance [is] not good.

Proverbs 20:1 - Wine [is] a mocker, strong drink [is] raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

Hey, sodomite, it's your bible. So many of you have changed it so many times, it makes even less sense than it did in the beginning.

As a matter of fact, it made more sense to many more then than it does now, weighed proportionately.

(acknowledging that "divers" in the link should have been "diverse")

Location hidden

#771461 Aug 20, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The cosmic event horizon is a reality that exists, no matter how much you protest it .....it is @ infinity. A physical reality .
Sure.

It's "infinite to travel".

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#771462 Aug 20, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
{snip} Need the space.
All you have to do to resolve this is present any real evidence that proves your god is not imaginary. Can you do this? No? You have no evidence? Then I can only conclude there is no god. Other atheists like me are waiting for any evidence. Like me, they will judge your proofs and decide if your god is real based solely on logic and/or science.
You write:
No, it is not a farce that science is disproving the Bible, and it has been happening for quite a while now. I don’t presume to lie and mislead you, I only pass on what is now known by science.
I don’t really care if I am a minority in my beliefs, or that you don’t believe me. I am reporting actual science and actual proven history. Whether you accept it not is totally up to you, but I would suggest you research what I am saying.
I am relating to you science that somehow bears on your religion, and I am recommending you research it.
Science? Hmm… Most cosmologist state the Universe is about 13.7 billion years old and was formed in an event scientist call The Big Bang Theory. Theoretical Physicist and Nobel Prize winner, Steven Weinberg (an atheist) gave his description of what he thought the “Big Bang” would have looked like. Since he is an atheist, there is no believer bias in his description. He states,”in the beginning there was an explosion and 98% of the matter that ever was and will be was produced and in less than three minutes, the Universe was created in this intense flash of light.” However, for about 2,500 years most Scientist agreed with Aristotle that we had a steady state universe. Meaning, we had a universe that has always existed with no beginning and no end. BUT the Bible disagreed with that “scientific” idea and leaned more to Steven Weinberg’s description, the atheist.
http://worldtracker.org/media/library/Physics...
It is funny how the Big Bang Theory you people love to talk about came from Belgium scientist George Lemaitre, aka father of the Big Bang Theory and Hubble’s Law was a believer, or theist scientist; Lemaitre was also Catholic priest. He said,“The entire Universe jumping into existence in a trilithon of a trillionth of a second in an intense flash of light is exactly how he thought God would command the universe into existence”. Just like Genius 1:3 states, And let there be light.
In other words, according to atheist and theist Scientist, the origin of the universe unfolded just like what the Bible says rather than scientist for the past 2500 years. Steven Weisberg, ATHEIST also agrees with the Bible in the fact that there was an intense flash of light and it all unfolded in less than three minutes. It is funny how the Bible, written over 5,000 years ago agrees with Science TODAY.. AND LET THERE BE LIGHT.

Location hidden

#771463 Aug 20, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It is finite in calculation, but infinite in distance should you try to reach it.
A reality of general relativity and our limitation traversing space/time.
This reality exists surely as the earth orbits the sun and a mathematical certainty.
"infinite in distance should you try to reach it"

It is the same distance whether you try to reach it or not.

No distance is changed by whether you try to reach it, or if you can or can't reach it.

We are talking about a physical distance. It is not altered by travel, or intentions.

Your mind is really wound in a knot on this.

“I love Jesus”

#771464 Aug 20, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, Susie, I never claimed to have proof of that.
Prove there's a god.
Again, Hukt, I never claimed I have proof other than on a personal basis which is NOT proof.
Prove there is not a God.

“I love Jesus”

#771465 Aug 20, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be saddled with what you attributed to me. You have no authority to prove or disprove a possible god. You can only pass on information from sources that do have some authority.
I have understood this for quite a while, and that is why I can back up my assertions with actual scientific research. It will be science that ultimately disproves your god, and it has already started.
Not true, Science is not a tool to disprove God. It can only tell how, why , what and never dismisses a who.

Location hidden

#771466 Aug 20, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I can't help you you will never understand a finite distance can be infinite because you cannot ever reach it. Not in the largest number of years you can think of x the largest number of years you can think of , it's at infinity.
Absolutely wrong.

A finite distance cannot be infinite because you cannot reach it.

If it's a finite distance, it is a finite distance.

Being able to reach it has no effect on the distance. It will still be finite.

Here's proof.

Tie yourself to your chair, then try to reach the refrigerator door.

You can't.

But the distance to your refrigerator does not become infinite.

You understand this even worse than I thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 124,264
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Michael 682,145
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 37 min Pres Donald J Tru... 8,191
Being alone stinks so bad...that even God........ 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Gay Sex in Houston (Apr '15) 1 hr John j 18
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 286,505
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lil whispers 619,479
More from around the web