Since: May 10

Location hidden

#769374 Aug 16, 2014
If Raw Grits Fail wrote:
<quoted text>
Not buying it. There is no way you could have found her first post on an iPhone without insider trading.
I like grits. Butter, sugar, pepper, and bacon grease.

And a big pone of cornbread.

Yes.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#769375 Aug 16, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> You mistake want for need while ignoring that the indigenous people populating the continent acted no differently.
The 'indigenous people' that populated the North American continent came here 15,000+ years ago, and there were no other peoples here for them to displace.

When the whites arrive in America they commenced to displace these 'indigenous people' and take over their lands and eventually place them on reservations (what was left after killing most of them).

I don't think Europe was 'overpopulated' when the Americas were being occupied by the European people.

Lets see now, the indigenous people of the Americas have been here for 15,000+ years and about 400+- years ago the European people come here and claim the lands for their native country....might makes right.

In the US, the government made many treaties with the 'Indians,' promising them many things....not one of them was fully honored.

Move or die.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#769376 Aug 16, 2014
If Raw Grits Fail wrote:
<quoted text>
Not buying it. There is no way you could have found her first post on an iPhone without insider trading.
Yup. Insider trading is "the only way".

I had help from pirates and Kirk Cameron.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#769377 Aug 16, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
The persecution doesn't bother me.
What persecution? I've been defending myself from your invidious verbal assaults. You're just getting a dose of Joyfulcillin.

But lightbeamrider will be happy to know that you are unaffected. He worries that you aren't able to take your own medicine.
If Raw Grits Fail

New York, NY

#769378 Aug 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying.
ID does not refer to nor include a postulation of an "intelligent designer", so it is impossible that they could be substituting it for anything.
Nothing was proven in the Dover case, except that one judge copied an ACLU amicus brief, which was written BEFORE evidence at trial, and presented it as his ruling.
Complete with the original typos.
I know the case backwards and forwards.
We can hash it out in detail if you like. Others who have tried it with me have been embarrassed.
Intelligent design doesn't postulate an intelligent designer? Bwahahahahahahahaha.

They were caught, red handed. Why would you persist with this foolishness?
If Raw Grits Fail

New York, NY

#769379 Aug 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I like grits. Butter, sugar, pepper, and bacon grease.
And a big pone of cornbread.
Yes.
Anagram, Son of Sam.
If Raw Grits Fail

New York, NY

#769380 Aug 16, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, it's called semantic change. Some words DO change over time and societies, like your example of awful. Or like gay, used to mean happy or lighthearted (we'll have a gay ole time).
But most words don't change. Like mother, hear, worm, ash, what. They've not changed at all. Husband has, though it used to mean land owner.
Greek words don't change. Most of our language is based of off Greek words/meanings. The main topic today is the word atheism. In Greek, a=no, theo=god, ism=belief. No. God. Belief. How's that changed from no god belief to "lack of belief in deities"? Where's "lack of" in "atheism"?
No god belief and lack of a belief in god are identical for explanatory purposes. One is just more clear.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#769381 Aug 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying.
ID does not refer to nor include a postulation of an "intelligent designer", so it is impossible that they could be substituting it for anything.
Nothing was proven in the Dover case, except that one judge copied an ACLU amicus brief, which was written BEFORE evidence at trial, and presented it as his ruling.
Complete with the original typos.
I know the case backwards and forwards.
We can hash it out in detail if you like. Others who have tried it with me have been embarrassed.
http://ncse.com/creationism/legal/intelligent...

In the legal case Kitzmiller v. Dover, tried in 2005 in a Harrisburg, PA, Federal District Court, "intelligent design" was found to be a form of creationism, and therefore, unconstitutional to teach in American public schools.

As the first case to test a school district policy requiring the teaching of "intelligent design," the trial attracted national and international attention. Both plaintiffs and defendants in the case presented expert testimony over six weeks from September 26 through November 4, 2005). On December 20, 2005, Judge John E. Jones issued a sharply-worded ruling in which he held that "intelligent design" was, as the plaintiffs argued, a form of creationism.
If Raw Grits Fail

New York, NY

#769382 Aug 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just Buck. Buck B. Crick.
Played O-line for the Crimson Tide.
Alchoholic, crack-addict, shot twice, cut from the Cincinnati Bengals for disappearing on opening day and showing up in Miami passed out with two-underage girls, pulled 12 years in supermax for armed robbery.
I can whip any man I ever met.
That's about it.
The first offensive lineman out of Crimson Cried was OT Andre Smith in 2009. Unless you are telling me you are a 27 year old black man who is 6'4", weighs 335 pounds, and is still on the team, I am just going to have to declare that your delusion is across the board.

The only thing Smith has been caught doing is bringing a gun to ATL. That would make you a dumbass, not a badass.
If Raw Grits Fail

New York, NY

#769383 Aug 16, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Insider trading is "the only way".
I had help from pirates and Kirk Cameron.
See, that term is sarcasm. It escapes you.

Fennario

#769384 Aug 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
The private prefix "a" attahed to "theos" means "no god".
To attach the suffix "ism", referring to belief or practice, renders "atheism", or "nogodism" - the belief that there is no god.
You went too far at the end. I have no god, therefore I am an atheist.

And I think you meant privative prefix, not private.
Buck Crick wrote:
ism:
a : act : practice : process <criticism> <plagiarism>
b : manner of action or behavior characteristic of a (specified) person or thing <animalism>
c : prejudice or discrimination on the basis of a (specified) attribute <racism> <sexism>
a : state : condition : property <barbarianism>
b : abnormal state or condition resulting from excess of a (specified) thing <alcoholism> or marked by resemblance to (such) a person or thing <giantism>
a : doctrine : theory : religion <Buddhism>
b : adherence to a system or a class of principles
Atheism is the condition of having no god beliefs (see 2a).

You have no chance of prevailing here. We will continue defining ourselves and using language in the way that suits us. You are welcome to come along or not.

Fennario

#769385 Aug 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Atheism is the belief that there are no gods.
Maybe of you post that 4000 more times it will have more effect than the last 4000.

Fennario

#769386 Aug 16, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
It's not my definition, it's the definition.
I'm calling you Fiddy Cents in honor of Buck.
If Raw Grits Fail

New York, NY

#769387 Aug 16, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god does not exist. It's impossible for a perfect god to make intellectual and moral errors, meaning that your god is logically impossible.
Generic gods, however, cannot be excluded in the same way - or any other that I know.
These two clowns are intellectual cowards. Buck won't state his philosophical or theological position. He just plays silly word games, self-fantasizes, and is as effective as Quixote against a windmill. Stink Farts won't state his denomination, describe the exact nature of this god he believes in, or even disclose which version of the Bible he uses.

It's just plain cowardice, always posting from the position of the pigeon and never the hawk.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#769388 Aug 16, 2014
See above.
*looks up*

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#769389 Aug 16, 2014
Your god does not exist. It's impossible for a perfect god to make intellectual and moral errors, meaning that your god is logically impossible.
Generic gods, however, cannot be excluded in the same way - or any other that I know.
Your god does not exist.
lol.... And you call yourself agnostic...
If Raw Grits Fail

New York, NY

#769391 Aug 16, 2014
<quoted text>
What persecution? I've been defending myself from your invidious verbal assaults. You're just getting a dose of Joyfulcillin.
But lightbeamrider will be happy to know that you are unaffected. He worries that you aren't able to take your own medicine.
Oh, poor pitiful her, She's a Christian in a predominately Christian country full of Christian privilege and I am so persecuted!

There is a police army right now bearing down on her to violate her rights!

Salon had a good article on Fox News and it's fear-mongering tactics about atheists.

http://www.salon.com/chromeo/article/fox_news...

Here's an insider's take.

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/29/i_was_a_liber...
If Raw Grits Fail

New York, NY

#769392 Aug 16, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm calling you Fiddy Cents in honor of Buck.
Haha. Plug nickel?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#769393 Aug 16, 2014
If Raw Grits Fail wrote:
<quoted text>
No god belief and lack of a belief in god are identical for explanatory purposes. One is just more clear.
Yes but only one is correct.

Fennario

#769394 Aug 16, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
Agree but forgive me if I'm not hopeful of seeing most come together. Still remember the days and weeks right after September 11,2001, where if only for a brief moment we were one United States of America. Out of many, one. The events of late outside St. Louis prove to me most are doing all they can to make sure that doesn't happen. Follow the money to see who would lose if it happens. Having said that as a right-winger since the event of the Az. shooting on where I feel those in power like Vp. Biden, Obama and many in powerful positions on the right as well (McCain, McConnell ) outright lie and smear people doubt it happens. We will be attacked again and it most likely will be ISIS or an offshoot but doubt we will ever come together again. Yes everyone has a right to say whatever they want but we also reap what we sow. Imo as a nation we aren't sowing good seed for the future.
How depressing.

The country I live in isn't divided, doesn't have tanks on the streets, and cannot fund militarism or invasion of privacy. Does that not sound appealing? Add to that a rising economy, a low cost of living, and no ice age.

Consider being a citizen of the world rather than of a country. You might find that you create a better life for your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 584,219
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 min Theswamiji 6,294
Derrick Briggs 6 min Zombie Corpse Rental 4
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 14 min WasteWater 5,792
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min Liam 40,143
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min WasteWater 270,665
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 18 min WasteWater 3,458
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr duststorm 442,869
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr truth 611,849
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 hr karvinman 176,528
More from around the web