Prove there's a god.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#768956 Aug 15, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians frequently think that they are entitled to malign unbelievers just like their bibles and preachers do, and are shocked that we might object or push back. I like to do it by bringing the offender under the same microscope, except with the addition of evidence. Why not? If somebody wants to defend his or her faith with calumny, let them be held accountable.
Hukt thinks of you as a Bus Driver.

You take people to school.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#768957 Aug 15, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
The car starting can have only one of two outcomes:
The car starts
The car doesn't start
The coin toss can have only one of two outcomes:
Heads
Tails
You say those aren't analogous?
Purposefully leaving out the conditions of his statement is blatant lying. One vehicle has started with out fail hundreds of time. The other didn't start two of the last three. This is not analogous to a coin flip. Why lie?
Huh

Bedford, TX

#768958 Aug 15, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
There's this little thing in the US Constitution called "naturally born citizen clause".
You might want to look it up, then tell us why you think it was "disrespectfully ridiculous" that Barack Obama be forced to follow the Constitution
Wow. Your dishonesty continues. You're worthless.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#768959 Aug 15, 2014
PoTAYto, poTAHto. It's already been explained to you. There's no middle ground on this issue between taking me at my word and calling me a liar. Whatever may have been on your mind the first time you posted "I don't believe you"- and I gave you latitude there - I've been pretty clear about how your message reads, and you have been fine to repeat it several times with that knowledge. Your intentions are clear.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
You're the one that's made your intentions clear.
-Close the churches
-Burn the Bibles
-Allow secularists to gain power
-Want to Christianity to dwindle
You've got some sort of egomaniac power trip going on man. Don't fool yourself and think that your posts here are making a difference to the atheist world, at best a dozen people a day might read them. And if any of them are actual evidence-based thinkers, they'll sift through the evidence realize you're full of shit.
Your post had nothing to do with mine.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Oh boy.
IANS: Your intentions are clear.
Mr Fif: You're the one that's made your intentions clear.
And you say "Your post had nothing to do with mine"?! The very first line of my post was directly related to the very last line of your post. And now you've thrown in your Topix posts with the "giants" Dawkins, Harris, et al. All I can say to that is Ahaha.
You're a moron.

Ignoring the substance of a post, repeating the last phrase, and posting about something unrelated is not "directly related."
Huh

Bedford, TX

#768960 Aug 15, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
With a dad who is a native Kenyan and a history with an ambiguous mother, you would think Obama would've shut everyone up in a day and just supplied the birth certificate. He didn't.
Ambiguous? WTF?

President Obama is the seventh president with a parent or parents that was or were not born in the US.

1. Thomas Jefferson
2. Andrew Jackson
3. James Buchanan Jr.
4. Chester Alan Arthur
5. Woodrow Wilson
6. Herbert Hoover
7. Barack Hussein Obama II

Those who contest Article 2, Section 1 vis a vis President Obama claim that since his father was not a US citizen, he would not be a natural born citizen no matter where he was born. This interpretation exists nowhere except in the minds of the Birthers. What is different about President Obama, I wonder.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#768961 Aug 15, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Philo of Alexandria, St. Augustine, John Calvin, John Wesley & St. Thomas Aquinas all taught the opposite of what you're trying to piece together.
The YEC movement is a relatively new phenomenon in Christianity.
You saying "nuh uh" or saying "it is so" isn't a rebuttal.

Additionally, I didn't piece anything together. I simply showed where, historically, the literal day creation was the mainstream or majority doctrine.

That's what history shows.

What you're pointing out is a minority opinion, still historical, but not mainstream.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#768962 Aug 15, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Philo of Alexandria, St. Augustine, John Calvin, John Wesley & St. Thomas Aquinas all taught the opposite of what you're trying to piece together.
The YEC movement is a relatively new phenomenon in Christianity.
No, it's relatively newly readopted. Big difference.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#768963 Aug 15, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I was only referring to what a liberal might call a "real American", after the "you're not American, the Native Americans are" comment.
Yes, you're American. Same as me.
You do realize anchor babies would be eligible to run for President, right?
Huh

Bedford, TX

#768964 Aug 15, 2014
<quoted text>
It's the spam donor.
The spam donor who spreads for any idiotic sperm donor.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#768965 Aug 15, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
One's objective experience is not more or less believable as another's.
You're thinking you were diddled by Sky Sandusky is not an objective experience.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#768966 Aug 15, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Imbibing alcohol is just a fancy way way of saying drinking alcohol.
What? Who was I a dick to??
Wassuup is everything you say Christianity isn't. Why don't you ever call him out?

Fennario

#768967 Aug 15, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Newton wrote that reason itself is a gift from God. So every scientific discovery through reason, therefore, is a "god dunnit", according to his view.
Then there's this:
"I have a fundamental belief in the Bible as the Word of God, written by those who were inspired. I study the Bible daily".
You have an incessant need to lie about people to make the ones you deplore seem like Christians, and the ones of whom you approve seem like materialists.
Proving you wrong further:
"When I wrote my treatise about our Systeme I had an eye upon such Principles as might work with considering men for the beliefe of a Deity and nothing can rejoice me more then to find it useful for that purpose." -Isaac Newton
And just for fun:
"Opposition to godliness is atheism in profession and idolatry in practice. Atheism is so senseless and odious to mankind that it never had many professors." -Isaac Newton
You still haven't shown where any faith based belief was instrumental in any of Newton's mathematical or scientific work. All of his work could have been done without faith, and in fact, had faith bled into it, it would not have been accurate.

You just keep showing that he was religious. If he was religious but could do excellent work involving reason and evidence, then he knew how to compartmentalize his thinking when engaging in those pursuits.and keep the faith out of it.

And what would any of us care about the thoughts on atheism from a theist who died in 1727?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#768968 Aug 15, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
The car starting can have only one of two outcomes:
The car starts
The car doesn't start
The coin toss can have only one of two outcomes:
Heads
Tails
You say those aren't analogous?
Try using a coin toss to decide if you go to work or not.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#768969 Aug 15, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Always a way out so you can avoid the topic.
zzzzz......
Ted Cruz. Born in Canada to an American Ambiguous Mother and a Cuban father. Sort of the Canadian Little Ricky Ricardo.

Where's his birth certificate?

He actually qualifies, however, and so does Obama, which is why the subject never should have been broached and points to distinct and overt racism.

Currently, citizenship in the US is governed by the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952. On birth abroad to one US citizen:

There are the rules that were in effect from December 24, 1952 – November 14, 1986. A person born abroad between those dates is a US citizen upon birth if all of the following are true:

The person’s parents were married at the time of birth
One of the person’s parents was a U.S. citizen when the person was born
The citizen parent lived at least ten years in the United States before the child’s birth;
A minimum of 5 of these 10 years in the United States were after the citizen parent’s 14th birthday.

So, Cruz would be eligible and if the Birther fantasies were true, Obama would have been eligible, too. It was just another wingnut conspiracy. One in a long list.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#768970 Aug 15, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Try using a coin toss to decide if you go to work or not.
Couldn't you have asked him to use that power to decide whether to go on Topix instead?

Fennario

#768971 Aug 15, 2014
Think again. I have never agreed with you, but I have only recently begun using language like that with you. Do you care? It's hard to believe that you do given your choices over the last week or so. Do you recall me telling you that there is more traffic on this thread than I can attend to, that I frequently use my browser's search function to make certain that I don't overlook anybody's reply to me, and asking you to produce even one of the posts you claim to have left that was addressed to me? It has to include the string " ain" for my search to find it,

You ignored that, which suggests to me that you know that no such post exists, and that you know that my claim is credible. Furthermore, you have never caught me in a lie. Why? Because I don't lie. I have no reason to. Lying to you would be like lying to a cat. Why bother? Do you still think I was lying when I told you that I hadn't seen your posts?
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I posted it three times in direct response to you. Last week, once on Friday, on Saturday and again on Sunday.
Then link me to them.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I'll find the post and give you the link.
No you won't. In fact, this is from your last PM that I just answered: "I cannot link to a specific post, I already told you that."
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Then you can take this thought; "You ignored that, which suggests to me that you know that no such post exists", and shove it somewhere.
"... produce even one of the posts you claim to have left that was addressed to me? It has to include the string " ain" for my search to find it, You ignored that, which suggests to me that you know that no such post exists"

No such post as I described - one addressed to me - has been produced.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#768972 Aug 15, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>

Unless of course you can prove to us that your car started yesterday...
Go.
I can't - because my car DIDN'T start yesterday.

*sighs* I had to buy a new battery today.

:o)

Fennario

#768973 Aug 15, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Newton and Faraday had faith that reason is the gift of a creating god, and the universe, with whatever can be learned of it, is the result of a designer of the universe. So ALL there work was faith-based. The argument that they did not use the Bible as a laboratory tool is spurious.
Nope. The work was not faith based. The things those men believed by faith did not help them. All of it could have been done had they been atheists.

Fennario

#768974 Aug 15, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
It's very likely that a man of faith like Faraday started each laboratory experiment with a prayer to God and ended each successful experiment with a thank you to God.
LOL. Big help.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#768975 Aug 15, 2014
kate21 wrote:
This is a simple Question to those said that there is no God.
The Question in DO YOU HATE GOD?
One cannot hate something that doesn't exist,

www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bless the jews (Nov '08) 5 min USaWarringIDIOTSo... 7,350
The Christian Atheist debate 24 min -Alan S Shole- 1,073
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min End Times 612,650
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min June VanDerMark 596,675
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 1 hr Waiting4ever 366
Former Middle School Classmates Share An Emotio... 1 hr komismithwright 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr I Am No One_ 444,363
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr USaWarringIDIOTSo... 177,219
More from around the web