Prove there's a god.

“Just a very naughty boy.”

Since: Dec 08

Dodge

#768098 Aug 12, 2014
Edit to post.

Why might a homosexual want to be a Christian and how might they go about becoming one?

Lets speculate. Would they have to give up sex?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#768100 Aug 12, 2014
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Only proves that this must have occurred. A scripture passed down through so many generations of God's people has remained in the holy books. There IS NO plagiarism!!...there are only passed down histories of the chosen tribes which are scattered abroad the nations. And, right, Jesus wasn't a Christian!! He wasn't anything for that matter...Jesus only dealt with LAWS which came from God for the House of Jacob (Israel). The tribe of Judah are Ju\s (Jews) and the RED man has conquered that land, stolen the identity of the original Israelites, and turned the holy scriptures into one of his "religions" that he says anybody can convert, learn, and join Judaism...lolololol!!!...white (RED) folks have been lying for soooooooo long!!! This Holy Book is NOT yours!! Lololol!!!
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#768101 Aug 12, 2014
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Only proves that this must have occurred. A scripture passed down through so many generations of God's people has remained in the holy books. There IS NO plagiarism!!...there are only passed down histories of the chosen tribes which are scattered abroad the nations. And, right, Jesus wasn't a Christian!! He wasn't anything for that matter...Jesus only dealt with LAWS which came from God for the House of Jacob (Israel). The tribe of Judah are Ju\s (Jews) and the RED man has conquered that land, stolen the identity of the original Israelites, and turned the holy scriptures into one of his "religions" that he says anybody can convert, learn, and join Judaism...lolololol!!!...white (RED) folks have been lying for soooooooo long!!! This Holy Book is NOT yours!! Lololol!!!
There were no Hindu tribes in 1st century Palestine.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#768102 Aug 12, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Wwith an estimated 12,800,000 people having visited Lourdes and only an average of one "miracle" per decade.
It could "only" be a miracle, right"
That is far less than 1% of the people who visit receiving any help. With those kinds of numbers it can be safely considered to be misdiagnosed illness and/or not miraculous, just mistakes.
What the hell is the god thinkin?
Your deity needs some work in the PR department. More exposure, less bible.
That's as laughable as the SOT.
The Jesus! Stingray MIRACLE~/.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/03/jesu...
<falls over laughing>
God is real....... Miracles happen. i experienced a real Miracle myself.

i don't think only few were healed. the fact that many go to Lourdes means, many got healed.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#768103 Aug 12, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe is 14.798 Billion years old. Our sun did not form until 4.57 Billion years ago, and the earth is 4.54 Billion years old.
There are newly formed stars visible from earth. Stars and planets are always being born and some exploding and dying. Its like a living creature. So NO, DWB, everything was not formed at one time.
this only means that God is eternal. God keeps creating new solar systems.:)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#768104 Aug 12, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is real....... Miracles happen. i experienced a real Miracle myself.
i don't think only few were healed. the fact that many go to Lourdes means, many got healed.
Proof of God:

http://whatsthedose.com/spl/lidocaine-ointmen...

ROFLMAO

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#768105 Aug 12, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now the "holy spirit" is something different than what you said before? You've got nothing to back up your never ending string of BS and spiritual jargon. Really, you're just not worth the time or energy. Please continue to be full of feces for jesus so we can laugh at you.
Well not really totally different, it's kinda the same thing, just diff.
I don't give a fk what you laugh at feces for brains!

Location hidden

#768106 Aug 12, 2014
atheism is destructive wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you are blind.
He also has feces for brains..

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#768107 Aug 12, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no Hindu tribes in 1st century Palestine.
I don't get it

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#768108 Aug 12, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Your arguments.
I'll second that.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#768109 Aug 13, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
The government helps us for now, not the taxpayers.
LOL.
Joyful8118 wrote:
Babysitting and making money, babysitting is not a deadbeat.
Get a steady job.

Fennario

#768110 Aug 13, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I totally agree with you. It's amazing that some of these atheists call the writers of the Bible "ignorant goatherders" when they got so much right thousands of years ago. Here's an interesting link, it's pretty damn long but it goes and a very good detail about how science corroborates Genesis and vice versa: God Created Evolution: Genesis Creation Story is Scientifically Accurate
http://headlyvonnoggin.hubpages.com/hub/Genes...
Seriously? Have you no pride at all? Your goatherd manual is laughable, and is about as far from the truth as you can be. Its creation myth is no more accurate than the Babylonian or Norse creation myths, which got no less right than yours

But here you like thieving magpies trying to steal the fruits of evidence and reason based scholarship for yourselves in a pathetic and transparent effort. Faith is such an ugly thing. At once, we see its intellectual and moral failings.

Here's what Christianity gets credit for: crusades, inquisitions, witch burnings, scapegoating gays and atheists, institutionalized misogyny, untold guilt, blame, shame, strife, division, prudery, tribalism. infantilism, anti-scientism, and anti-intellectualism. Oh, and some profitable hospitals, and a few crumbs of charity for the needy from its vast fortunes.Can't forget that.

Enlightenment values and secular humanism have given us science, modern democracies, personal political freedom,and the advances of rational ethics from the abolition of slavery through women's suffrage, the modern civil rights movement, right up to equal protection under the law for loving gay couples. Did some Christians help? Yes, but they were guided by the principles of rational ethics, a secular innovation that has left your fossilized bible and its primitive, paternalistic, authoritarian values in the dust.

Fennario

#768111 Aug 13, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I totally agree with you. It's amazing that some of these atheists call the writers of the Bible "ignorant goatherders" when they got so much right thousands of years ago. Here's an interesting link, it's pretty damn long but it goes and a very good detail about how science corroborates Genesis and vice versa: God Created Evolution: Genesis Creation Story is Scientifically Accurate http://headlyvonnoggin.hubpages.com/hub/Genes...
scaritual wrote:
LEVIATHAN: Seven heads. Has limbs. Fire and smoke from its eyes and nose. Lives in the sea. Makes the sea boil. Goatherder science. Yeah, right.
I read that entire page. Thanks for the belly laugh.
Agreed - laughable

@ Christiandom:

"Genesis 1 describes only the creation of elements a human would be familiar with: The heavens (night sky – sun/moon/stars), the atmosphere (blue sky), the land, the plants, the animals, and humans of course."

One might expect it to contain something that only a god would know.

"However, over the past century or so, and especially in recent decades, science for the first time in human history has really begun to reveal the geological formation of the earth and the biological formation of life, giving us a glimpse of how it all really came together."

The scientific account is nothing like the mythology, which completely missed the singularity, the expansion of the universe, the inflationary epoch, symmetry breaking, particle condensation, nucleosynthsis, the decoupling of matter and radiation, the hundreds of millions of years before starlight, the 9 billion year delay before the formation of the sun and earth, the moon creating impact event, the cooling of the earth and formation of a crust, and the evolution of life. All it seems to have gotten right is that the universe had a beginning - just like every other creation myth

"So, beyond the first verse, the creation account begins at least 9 billion years along in the process with both the heavens and the earth already in existence."

Nine billion years after the Big Bang is hardly the beginning.

"While the original intention of the creation story was obviously not to prove itself accurate or legitimate, the second verse provides just enough detail to locate a starting point in Earth’s history."

If its goal was to be inaccurate and illegitimate, I think it succeeded.

"The setting is the earth, formless and void, with oceans already in existence, shrouded in darkness."

Nonsense. The earth with oceans was neither formless nor void. Nor was it dark. It was overcast, and ligther on the side facing the sun than on the night side, like Venus.

"water vapor blocked out the sun enough to allow the earth’s surface to cool and harden."

LOL. Does this guy think that the earth's surface was prevented from cooling and hardening by water vapor? This is why we ignore these apologetics sources. They're frauds. How smart do you have to be to know that the sun at 93 million miles away cannot melt rock, or that water vapor couldn't stop it if it could.

"The cooler temperatures then allowed the water vapor to condense, which formed the oceans. So for a time, as the water vapor in the atmosphere condensed and filled the oceans, the earth matched the description given in verse 2."

More science from apologetist hacks. Here, this clown has the the water vapor that he thinks is being stricken with rock melting heat not only allowing the earth to cool, but the water vapor that is taking the hit condensing into oceans because of the coolness beneath it. How smart do you need to be to reject that?

Location hidden

#768112 Aug 13, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Agreed - laughable
@ Christiandom:
"Genesis 1 describes only the creation of elements a human would be familiar with: The heavens (night sky – sun/moon/stars), the atmosphere (blue sky), the land, the plants, the animals, and humans of course."
One might expect it to contain something that only a god would know.
"However, over the past century or so, and especially in recent decades, science for the first time in human history has really begun to reveal the geological formation of the earth and the biological formation of life, giving us a glimpse of how it all really came together."
The scientific account is nothing like the mythology, which completely missed the singularity, the expansion of the universe, the inflationary epoch, symmetry breaking, particle condensation, nucleosynthsis, the decoupling of matter and radiation, the hundreds of millions of years before starlight, the 9 billion year delay before the formation of the sun and earth, the moon creating impact event, the cooling of the earth and formation of a crust, and the evolution of life. All it seems to have gotten right is that the universe had a beginning - just like every other creation myth
"So, beyond the first verse, the creation account begins at least 9 billion years along in the process with both the heavens and the earth already in existence."
Nine billion years after the Big Bang is hardly the beginning.
"While the original intention of the creation story was obviously not to prove itself accurate or legitimate, the second verse provides just enough detail to locate a starting point in Earth’s history."
If its goal was to be inaccurate and illegitimate, I think it succeeded.
"The setting is the earth, formless and void, with oceans already in existence, shrouded in darkness."
Nonsense. The earth with oceans was neither formless nor void. Nor was it dark. It was overcast, and ligther on the side facing the sun than on the night side, like Venus.
"water vapor blocked out the sun enough to allow the earth’s surface to cool and harden."
LOL. Does this guy think that the earth's surface was prevented from cooling and hardening by water vapor? This is why we ignore these apologetics sources. They're frauds. How smart do you have to be to know that the sun at 93 million miles away cannot melt rock, or that water vapor couldn't stop it if it could.
"The cooler temperatures then allowed the water vapor to condense, which formed the oceans. So for a time, as the water vapor in the atmosphere condensed and filled the oceans, the earth matched the description given in verse 2."
More science from apologetist hacks. Here, this clown has the the water vapor that he thinks is being stricken with rock melting heat not only allowing the earth to cool, but the water vapor that is taking the hit condensing into oceans because of the coolness beneath it. How smart do you need to be to reject that?
What a crock of BS!
you like other atheist word shyt the best to suit yourselves.
Must be the Christian In you..

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#768113 Aug 13, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Easy there. you're gonna get that thang knuckled up.
No I wasn't/didn't stomp my feet about anything, you're just being overly dramatic as always.
feces never agreed or disagreed with me.
I do see others points of view, just not yours.
I could tell you to go wipe your mouth as you still have some BS around your lips as well, but would not do any good cause all you spew is BS!
I really did not ask what you rested on your chin while your are sucking your donkey off

“Be strong ...”

#768114 Aug 13, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
True, maybe it's funny to him because we can't suck each other off like the two of them can? Who knows.
I wonder if they allow conjugal visits in the prison Buck is languishing in?

Location hidden

#768115 Aug 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I really did not ask what you rested on your chin while your are sucking your donkey off
Hi and good morning to you also christine.
I am smiling this morning and I am not gonna let your sour puss bring me down..

“Be strong ...”

#768116 Aug 13, 2014
WSH wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a fact. Robin Wiliams is in Hell. He WAS an atheist, but now, as he is burning, he is a FIRM believer.
What a sick minded delusional godbot you have turned out to be

Tell me godbot, how many charities do you support and contribute to while you are alive?

“Be strong ...”

#768117 Aug 13, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Regardless of all that how would them goat herders have known the earth was void, unformed to have even added that to a creation story?
Are you saying that science would not agree that that is a fair presumption on them goat herders behalf?
You think it was just a lucky guess?
You can try and twist it any way you like but fact is that science does corroborate it..
Could be hashish, it grows wild in that area.

Location hidden

#768118 Aug 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be hashish, it grows wild in that area.
Could be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Hypocrite watch 86,839
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 31 min Big Al 223,069
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 703,469
When you talk in the mind you are now able to h... 2 hr Infinite Force 1
We have off world aliens/Grey's that look like ... 2 hr Infinite Force 11
the end and destruction of christianity 4 hr Infinite Force 3
Pray 4 Sleeping Libtard 2 Wake UP! 9 hr True 1