You should be comparing the point.
What should I be comparing it to?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#767617 Aug 11, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity's message is whatever a significant number of Christians claim it is.
Every Christian that says something to the effect of, "Hate the sin, love the sinner. Homosexuality is immoral, but no worse than murder.", enables every Christian who chooses to preach an even more offensive message.
I will be honest, I find it offensive that you compare the two...and imply that it is a Christian message. Yet, I can not say that I have not read the same from some Christians on here and that it offends me even more.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#767618 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I haven't seen that before, but thanks. It's interesting.
"... come to a peaceful confidence in themselves (as many have already) that the Bible does not condemn the homosexual or transgender condition - but that God accepts all as he has created them."
That kind of blows a giant hole in the "Christianity teaches homophobia" make-believe doctrine at atheists try to push.
I would recommend that any atheist that believes Christianity teaches to hate gays to read that link in detail and with an objective eye.
Do you believe that homosexuality is immoral?

“Very adventurous couple ”

Since: Aug 14

Sheffield

#767619 Aug 11, 2014
He's called Brian Deane aka GOD

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#767620 Aug 11, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
garF doen't like it that others find faith irrational... so, in reaction, garF sets about telling others that faith IS irrational.
garF then claims it's certain that everyone has it... "it" being irrational faith.
Misery isn't the only thing that loves company.
garF's an idiot, that much is certain.
Do you understand that there's a difference between faith and blind faith?

Faith: Complete trust or confidence in something.

Blind Faith: Having faith in something without any evidence.

Atheists have blind faith in naturalism, abiogenesis and the multiverse as well as other hypotheses which have no evidence.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767621 Aug 11, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
The church claims that it already posses the one true, absolute moral code,
Correct. For Christians, it's Jesus' two simple rules.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."

"Love your neighbor as yourself."
which embraces rape, slavery, genocide, infanticide, homophobia, atheophobia and misogyny,
Incorrect. Jesus for filled all those old laws, they are meaningless to Christianity.
so why would we consult it for moral advice?
Having a terribly warped misconception of Christianity, I understand why you don't want to consult it for moral advice.

Ann Arbor, MI

#767622 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen that before, but thanks. It's interesting.
"... come to a peaceful confidence in themselves (as many have already) that the Bible does not condemn the homosexual or transgender condition - but that God accepts all as he has created them."
That kind of blows a giant hole in the "Christianity teaches homophobia" make-believe doctrine at atheists try to push.
I would recommend that any atheist that believes Christianity teaches to hate gays to read that link in detail and with an objective eye.
Atheists don't tend to push much of anything as a whole, as they have no doctrine. As a Christian I have had to read the clobber passages many times due to other people's opinions, Christian and non Christian alike. I have found that the message of Christ leaves no room for phobias, but that is simply where I am at.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767623 Aug 11, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:

Do you believe that homosexuality is immoral?
I don't believe that homosexual tendencies are tomorrow, no.

I believe that homosexual sex is just as immoral as heterosexual sex out of marriage.

The Bible, and God, agree with me on that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767624 Aug 11, 2014
*immoral*, not "tomorrow"

Lol

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767625 Aug 11, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:

Atheists don't tend to push much of anything as a whole, as they have no doctrine. As a Christian I have had to read the clobber passages many times due to other people's opinions, Christian and non Christian alike. I have found that the message of Christ leaves no room for phobias, but that is simply where I am at.
Atheists seem to push an anti-Christian agenda everywhere they go, especially the New Atheists today. But atheism itself has no doctrine, yes I would agree.

And I'm not going to sit here and sugarcoat Christians and play a little game like there are no Christians that are homophobic, that would be an outright lie.

Christians like the ones who attend the WBC disgust me and make a bad name for Christianity and Christians everywhere. The atheists tend to cling on to them. The claim that Christianity teaches homophobia is absurd. There are some Christians that teacher that, but it's a minority.

And they are wrong. The Bible does not condemn homosexuals.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#767626 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
You don't think a homosexual can be saved?
Uh, I think you misunderstood my point.

Christianity teaches that people who die without being saved by Jesus will go to Hell, a place of eternal torture.

Do you agree, or disagree, that Christianity teaches this?

If you disagreed, do you rebut that claim by providing me with a link to a Christian church that teaches that Hell is a metaphor?

If you agreed, would you accept a link to a Christian church that teaches that Hell is a metaphor, as a rebuttal?

Christianity is not so consistent that you cannot find internal opposition to almost anything that is distinctly Christian.

I say that the principal source for homophobia in America is Christianity.

Ann Arbor, MI

#767627 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. For Christians, it's Jesus' two simple rules.
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."
"Love your neighbor as yourself."
I love reading it boiled down in such a manner. Many forget the cornerstone.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#767628 Aug 11, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It's faith that makes you certain.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." - Bertrand Russell
From an award-winning theoretical physicist:

"Clearly, then, both religion and science are founded on faith namely, on belief in the existence of something outside the universe, like an unexplained God or an unexplained set of physical laws, maybe even a huge ensemble of unseen universes, too."

"This shared failing is no surprise, because the very notion of physical law is a theological one in the first place, a fact that makes many scientists squirm. Isaac Newton first got the idea of absolute, universal, perfect, immutable laws from the Christian doctrine that God created the world and ordered it in a rational way. Christians envisage God as upholding the natural order from beyond the universe, while physicists think of their laws as inhabiting an abstract transcendent realm of perfect mathematical relationships"

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#767629 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
We all employ faith.
No we don't.
"An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge." -Proverbs
"Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights,even if you don't know what your rights are, or who the person is you're talking to. Then on the way out, slam the door."

~Deep Thoughts

“Just a very naughty boy.”

Since: Dec 08

Dodge

#767630 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think a homosexual can be saved?
Do gays get to stay gay in Heaven?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#767631 Aug 11, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sorry (a sorry excuse for a human being) and a waste of space. You are not speaking truthfully. You are lying. Guess I was wrong in my earlier post. The lawyer is still on retainer and one day you all may well see that. I just left the money with him, leftover from when I went to court with loser #1. I have given them both every option to see them. Even tried giving loser #1 a place to live and he promised to keep seeing her when he left. He wouldn't even have anything to do with her when I let him live with us. He broke her heart again. I did nothing but be nice to him when he was here. All he wanted was for me and her to serve him hand and foot. Now she is in therapy because of what he has put her through over and over. So much more than I have time to bother telling you. Leave my children out of this. I am the only one who has ever been there for them, except my amazing Father, until he passed in January. You fuck wads are worthless POS's.
This is another one of Joyous' positive posts. I bet she'll say nothing anyone says on here bothers her, but OMG, watching her fume is hilarious.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#767632 Aug 11, 2014
BorisDoris wrote:
He's called Brian Deane aka GOD
Are you related to Boris the bullet dodger?

“Just a very naughty boy.”

Since: Dec 08

Dodge

#767633 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that homosexual tendencies are tomorrow, no.
I believe that homosexual sex is just as immoral as heterosexual sex out of marriage.
The Bible, and God, agree with me on that.
Not sure about the comparison really.

It's easy for an unmarried couple to please god by simply marrying. However I don't see a homosexual suddenly suddenly putting down their musical DVDs.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#767634 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand that there's a difference between faith and blind faith?
Faith: Complete trust or confidence in something.
Blind Faith: Having faith in something without any evidence.
Atheists have blind faith in naturalism, abiogenesis and the multiverse as well as other hypotheses which have no evidence.
No, Stilgar. You're becoming annoying, even to me.

"Naturalism" remains undefined.

"Abiogenesis" means that once there was no life. Now there is.

"Multiverse" is a concept, and most of those who believe in them are prepared to be disproven. I cite as analogies Ether Theory and Phlogiston.

THIS IS CALLED A "LEARNING PROCESS", you quarter-wit!

What has been learned from the Bible in the past 2,000 years?

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#767635 Aug 11, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
I will be honest, I find it offensive that you compare the two...and imply that it is a Christian message. Yet, I can not say that I have not read the same from some Christians on here and that it offends me even more.
The comparison is not my own, so I don't mind that you find it offensive. I do too.

It is a Christian message. It is distinctly Christian, and easy to justify with the Bible.

I have hundreds of reasons to reject the Bible, Christianity, and faith, but that one is reason enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Seentheotherside 609,982
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min marge 579,440
magi chudbo 18 min rajevas 3
Sex with Mom (May '12) 23 min rajevas 14
jawan bhanji ki chudai kaise karu (Apr '13) 33 min rajevas 73
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 54 min sangili karuppan 5,935
The USA is a Corp. Not a country 1 hr stemaxgizmo 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 2,051
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Only Remnant of 1... 39,986
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Porkpie Hat 270,213
More from around the web