Prove there's a god.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#767578 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
You still haven't answered the question, all you've done is present a few people's opinions, not Christianity's message.
Try again.
Christianity's message is whatever a significant number of Christians claim it is.

Every Christian that says something to the effect of, "Hate the sin, love the sinner. Homosexuality is immoral, but no worse than murder.", enables every Christian who chooses to preach an even more offensive message.

Location hidden

#767579 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Why pancakes burn does not conform to my Christian beliefs, but I know that they can burn.
So you can take your "most likely" and shove it somewhere.
Do you understand why pancakes burn?

How does it not conform to your worldview?

Would a loving god not allow it?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#767580 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>It's silly to think that clouds are in the sky?!

o.O
Sure, like "up" in the clouds.

You haven't finished reading the damned babble book, have you?

http://i.imgur.com/zrZJDn0.jpg

I can't decide which is sadder, your obsession with Atheists or the fact that we know the babble better than you do.

There's a good little christian.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#767582 Aug 11, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text>

You are comical as Hell christine..
You ain't seen nothing.

Wait till you see her argue that Stalin was a Christian and the Pope is an atheist.

Or that e=mc^2 proves there is no god.

Or the less funny defense of muslim child genital mutilation.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#767583 Aug 11, 2014
The made up term "christophobia" would imply a fear of christ, it'd be a lot like being scared of Skeletor.

Location hidden

#767584 Aug 11, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>

Does it involve infinite density?

If so, then no, I do not understand it.

Location hidden

#767585 Aug 11, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>

Christianity's message is whatever a significant number of Christians claim it is.
No, it isn't.

A significant number of Christians claim that baptism of babies is a necessity.

That is not Christianity's message.

Location hidden

#767586 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Do you understand that counter examples do not rebut the claim that Christianity teaches homophobia?

I have always recognized that Christianity is rife with inconsistency.

Location hidden

#767587 Aug 11, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
The made up term "christophobia" would imply a fear of christ, it'd be a lot like being scared of Skeletor.
So "homophobia" is fear of homo sapiens?

I see.

Thanks, man.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#767588 Aug 11, 2014
Huh wrote:
Creflo Dollar strangled his teen daughter, threw her to the ground, and punched her ... Despite the testimony of his victim daughter and the corroboration of her sibling, he claimed, in his sermons before his congregation, the devil was trying to discredit him. Creflo was able to escape prosecution via pre-trial intervention.
And Joyful has learned well from her Christian role models. Her sins are the fault of evil atheist liars
Huh wrote:
Instead of acknowledging her error in advertising the words of a violent, unapologetic charlatan, Joyful circled the wagons and claimed I was a vile serpent for mentioning Creflo's criminal behavior and insane deflection without providing a link.
Trash is as trash does.
feces for jesus wrote:
hahaha, I remember hearing about Creflo Dollar. It doesn't surprise me that she would defend her child abusing, fake holy men. What else would you expect from the mentally deranged and brainwashed?
I don't expect her ever to have an appropriate or decent thought about either the scum she admires or the honorable people she demeans. I would like her to find a selfish incentive to stifle what she calls Christian love and kindness if she can't find an ethical reason.

Location hidden

#767589 Aug 11, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
That rubbish excuse might be more credible without the existence of the many videos.
As for the written, take it up with TIME, make sure the pig helps you and let us know how you go.
http://i.imgur.com/UkBbBNT.jpg
No, I'm taking it up with you.

You copied characterizations and treated them as facts.

Then you tried to dodge by referring to videos, which are not the characterizations you typed.

Then you bob and weave.

Location hidden

#767590 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Jehovah is no more a name than "God" is. It's a common noun, not a proper noun.
Wrong.

Would you believe it from another Christian?

http://carm.org/what-real-name-god-yhwh-jehov...
You're confusing proper noun with common noun.
You're functionally illiterate.
I didn't say that then and I'm not saying it now. God doesn't have a name, that's why in any language, He's called God.
I hope you never change your mind so I can use your willful ignorance as an example in the future.

Thanks in advance.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#767591 Aug 11, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
How does it not conform to your worldview?
Would a loving god not allow it?
We were talking about beliefs, why change it to a personal worldview?

God doesn't allow your pancakes to burn no more than a spoon allows you to get fat.

Location hidden

#767592 Aug 11, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
Indiana Jones says it's a name, he's more credible than you.
Additionally, google agrees and is also, more credible than you.
Jehova/jesus/yaweh.
Pelic.
The divine warrior god of Caanan,(Yahweh, as far as we can tell), is pleased that the Indiana Jones franchise has been so successful. He hates those NAZIs too.

From the desk of Papa Smurf, CEO of Yahweh-Mart.

Location hidden

#767593 Aug 11, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand that counter examples do not rebut the claim that Christianity teaches homophobia?
But you are alleging consistency - "christianity teaches homophobia".

Which is it?

You wish to allege both consistency and inconsistency on the same issue.

That's incoherent.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767594 Aug 11, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
Christophobia is anti-Christian sentiment.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767595 Aug 11, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a link to a gay Christian church, which teaches pro-gay sentiment.

You were saying?

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#767596 Aug 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You ain't seen nothing.
Wait till you see her argue that Stalin was a Christian and the Pope is an atheist.
Or that e=mc^2 proves there is no god.
Or the less funny defense of muslim child genital mutilation.
I have been talking with christine well over a year now and have experienced all of that.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#767598 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
why would you say we don't matter? Many Christians are a positive voice in the fight against homophobia. Don't sit there and pretend that the 4% of atheists in this country are doing all the good. Please, don't do that.
Rational ethicists are the only possible source of ethical reform of the church's teaching. The bible cannot produce any new ideas. The church claims that it already posses the one true, absolute moral code, which embraces rape, slavery, genocide, infanticide, homophobia, atheophobia and misogyny, so why would we consult it for moral advice?

The recent changes for the good for gays were fought tooth and nail by the church, which disparagingly calls such reform the homosexual agenda, and which refers to such reform as forcing an unwanted ethic down its throat.

Sorry, but the church gets no credit, just condemnation. If a few Christians embraced humanist values over their church and joined us, good for them. Christianity, however, gets zero credit for that.

Location hidden

#767599 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
We were talking about beliefs, why change it to a personal worldview?
My beliefs makeup my personal worldview.

That's what a worldview is. It's the collection of all of your beliefs about "the world" or reality.
God doesn't allow your pancakes to burn no more than a spoon allows you to get fat.
How many points do you think I should take from you for comparing God to a spoon?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Anthony MN 646,289
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 8 min Kuku 31
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Nohweh 47,701
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 30 min WildWeirdWillie 182,613
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min Judgment Day Watc... 618,607
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 39 min Scottish man 8
topic sex forum gone? 53 min milfmonica 16
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr USA-1 38,710
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Ficken Facts 105,566
More from around the web