Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#767427 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
You know what? I didn't see this list. Are you sure you addressed it to me? Did you hit the reply button?
Are you getting frustrated? You seem to be decompensating.

This thing we do on Topix is guaranteed to be a frustrating experience for the believer. You have chosen the wrong side of this issue, and have no defense for your position - just faith based assertions that have no cachet with the unbelievers. You are arguing with people that that are in the opposite position, which is why the battle is so one-sided.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#767428 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I know. But that doesn't equate to "Christianity teaches homophobia".
On the contrary, it tells you that some "Christians use the Bible as justification for bigotry against gays and atheists".
Hope it's all cleared up now.
To recap, you've conceded that Christians are able to use the Bible as justification for bigotry against gays (and atheists).

That means that Christians forming opinions based on what the Bible says can be taught by the Bible, an artifact of Christianity, to be homophobic.

When those Christians teach others to be the kind of Christians they've been taught to be, Christianity as a society teaches homophobia.

Location hidden

#767429 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Are you implying that two men can't love each other without being homosexual?
You said God loves everyone.

The Bible says God did not love Esau.

Location hidden

#767430 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
How about you respond to my post yesterday, the post I posted twice, with the 6 links regarding Christians preachers, adherents and websites preaching pro- homosexuality? Why did you ignore that twice?
Twas not a rebuttal.

Does Christianity teach that Hell exists?

If you say yes, can I prove you wrong by providing evidence that some Christians preach that it doesn't exist?

Location hidden

#767431 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Nope. They said it was based on the biblical story, which it definitely wasn't. The only thing they got right was there was a boat, a flood and a man named Noah. Pretty much everything else they fuckedup.
The reason for one of their decisions is pretty obvious.

Noah is easier to pronounce than Utnapishtim.

Location hidden

#767432 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Right. But if they're going to make a movie based on the story from a book, don't you think the story from the book should be followed?
Not necessarily.

Would you actually want a blockbuster movie depicting a literal Biblical account of the Flood Myth?

Location hidden

#767433 Aug 11, 2014
[QUOTE who="It ain't necessarily so"]
My Topix experience is real world study.
It's real world because posting on Topix is no less real than making a YouTube video, a telephone call, or writing a letter.[/QUOTE]
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
What the...?
Dude you just lost like 100 points, comparing this kind of communication to a phone call.
Dude, you just went into point debt.

Location hidden

#767434 Aug 11, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Some serpents can talk their way out of trouble.
Did you leave this for me?

Location hidden

#767435 Aug 11, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Faith is silly, isn't it!
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
We all have it and we all use it. That much is certain.
False.

You should know that, but faith deforms thinking.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#767436 Aug 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
Qualifications determine validity.
I didn't know that.
Do you know what degree Charles Darwin held? He had one.
In theology. So his biological theories are not valid, according to you.
Michael Faraday had virtually no qualifications. He invented the electric motor, the electric generator, the Bunsen burner, electrolysis and electroplating, discovered electro-magnetic induction, he discovered benzene, determined the shape of magnetic fields, and pioneered nano-science.
His accomplishments are not valid, according to Christinemc^2.
Thanks, Christ. You have enlightened us again.
What you didn’t know could almost fill the world and what you do know can perhaps be written on the back of a postage stamp.

More buck ancient history and irrelevance, fact, Darwin had a degree, surely that counts him as holding a qualification. This seems to be a point that totally eludes you for some reasons.

Yup and Isaac Newton invented the cat flap, you seem to be confused on the word ‘invent’– it requires insight, not qualifications.

Personally I would much prefer the word of several qualified people in the field I was inquiring as opposed to the words of a PhD failure and deliberately ignorant creationist

#767437 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want a man instead of a by.
That's understandable.
Instead of a what?- could you try again but in English this time?

http://i.imgur.com/LHFofvA.jpg

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#767438 Aug 11, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
So if there wasn't an awareness of time, where did the notion to "create time" come from?
Who said there was no awareness of time?

I don't know whether a creator of time would be "aware" of it or not, since time is a byproduct of space, matter, and motion perceived by a subjective consciousness which would be a future consequence of the same act.

It is a construct of the human mind, in other words.

It might or might not require a "notion" from a creator of time.

#767439 Aug 11, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe I could post another video for you and see if you like it better? hahaha!
you mean you prefer a "man" that will let you walk all over him? That's not a man but a pu^^y whipped castrated eunuch..
you've Inspired me to make the perfect video for you..
You could try but you need to remember the old adage, fist impression count and I suggest you take a shower first.

More dwb made up bullcrap designed specifically to fit into his delusional sensibilities? Of course... You see a with a man of confidence there is no need to “walk all over him” with a man of intelligence there is no need to .... and with a man who is not always off his head of drugs there is no need to ....

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#767440 Aug 11, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>

Are you aware that you can't control the usage of words? They mean what the people using them intend them to mean,...
Then he CAN control the usage of words. If people using words can make them mean what they want them to mean, so can Stiglar.

Given the scenario you provide, words have no meaning.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#767441 Aug 11, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. I think it was a bit of a problem for her, though.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/06...
So is that assault? Or did the daughter deserve it?
Proverbs 23:13
Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
People who are strangled like her tend to die, however.
Yes, if it happened, it is assault. Absolutely!! No child deserves that!! I do not believe it is always, or possibly ever, necessary to physically punish a child. Just because I stated that he/she needed to post evidence of the claim, he/she was deceptive and had to try to lie and say that I defended it. As I have stated, a message can be good, in spite of who the author is. I post that stuff for the message, not in support of the author. If I don't post the author, which I accidentally did a while back, they attack my post and if I do post the author they still do. The post remains meaningful, in spite of its author. His name put me off when I first saw it there on the site because it just seemed strange to me, but I still liked the message. The story seems legitimate and I do not condone or defend it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#767442 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Says who?

And why would you say we don't matter?

Many Christians are a positive voice in the fight against homophobia. Don't sit there and pretend that the 4% of atheists in this country are doing all the good. Please, don't do that.
curiouslu wrote:
You mean, while they're protesting and passing around don't let the gays get married petitions?
No, Luci. The Christians you describe aren't pro-gay.

That's are:

https://www.gaychristian.net

There's millions of Christians that don't really give a shit if someone's gay or not.

If you didn't know this before, now you do.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#767443 Aug 11, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:

RR,
Okay, tell me how I should handle that one. This POS just called my children little bastards.
You should ignore it and scroll on.

Some people come here just to piss off others. They don't seem to have much happiness in their own lives and want others to feel the same.

Don't let it bother you, they don't know you or your kids at all.

"Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."

#767444 Aug 11, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a hate video? Did he have those flea eggs in his hair still? Gross.
(some country men are quite dishy and brilliant you know, they can even care about fashion)
By unmarked, do you mean without any tatts?*gasps*
Yup there was a hate vid, he did take it down though before too many people saw what a complete tosser he is.

And flea eggs in the hair, uggg, that is exactly how he looked along with the glazed over eyes of the perpetually stoned and the beer stains down his grubby tee shirt. Not to mention the tats (HATE or some other nice 4 letter word) hand carved into the fingers (seemingly while stoned) of the hand he extended the finger to me.

A person’s (in this case – mans) personality (all inclusive) is not defined by where they were born and raised but in who they are. Being well dressed has little to do with fashion. I married a country man and I was raised on the outskirts of a small village with nothing but farms for 15 miles in every direction. I am not prejudiced against country men, only blithering idiots of little intelligence and flea eggs in their hair.

Yes that what I mean, I think the human body is beautiful, art enough without having to disfigure it.

#767445 Aug 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful. Christine will put one of them Fatwads on ye.
WTF are you rambling about?

Oh I get it, because I object to Israelis killing children under the protection of the UN and ceasefire then I must be Muslims?

You are such a dumb prat.

#767446 Aug 11, 2014
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>Id you are going to use a tautology like "begs the question", you should try to understand what it means. It does not mean "brings up the question".
How can you be expected to be taken seriously with such a glaring error? How can you make such a glaring error after mocking Christine for mistyping boy as by? How can you be expected to be taken seriously when your argument brings up the exact same question?
If god created them, who created god?
Oh “boy” is that what he meant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min Jake999 45,581
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 13 min gundee123 4,938
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 37 min Aussie Kev 2,993
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min Neville Thompson 282,885
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Bongo 70,132
Do White men know that White women prefer Black... (Sep '10) 1 hr BonBonz6139 3,130
Can you suggest best maried dating site for cas... (Feb '14) 1 hr Flavor6827 18
More from around the web