Prove there's a god.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#767277 Aug 10, 2014
My initial assumption about constant mass-energy was with disregard to a particle horizon.

Is the amount of "stuff" in our "observable universe" decreasing?

Do you think it matters one way or the other with regard to "the beginning"?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#767278 Aug 10, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
They were as addressed to you as this post is.

IANS: there's a good chance I didn't see them

I don't believe you.
Bad answer demonstrating poor judgment. All you had to do was repost the link or its content. Instead, you called me a liar. And you are mistaken. I didn't see them. When have I ever run from any question?

Now the matter is closed. Please feel free to stick it up your ass.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#767279 Aug 10, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite the post where I claimed to demonstrate a designer.
Or, admit you are a liar.
Demonstration aside...

Haven't you claimed there's evidence for design?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#767280 Aug 10, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I'd seen her (S. E. Cupp) on Bill Maher's show.
She said "Most conservative atheists that I know have a really healthy respect for the role of religion in society and in this country in particular" "In contrast on the left, it seems as though there is this knee jerk embraces of what is more like a militant hostility - a reaction against intellectual diversity. It's exclusionary."
I can't imagine why an atheist would say such things. The church despises atheists, even her.
And how is faith intellectual diversity?
And why is objecting to the church either knee jerk or militant? My position on the church is the result of years of collecting data.
And is hardly militant. It's democratic. It's a discussion. It's no more militant than an objection to anything else that is wrong and detrimental to society, like organized pedophilia in the Catholic church and banking fraud.
I wasn't sure what to make of it, and consider the possibility it is no more than a republican actor. Though I am much like this, I don't think there is another , at least if she is.... we know of two. But I don't even know anyone like me, none ..zippo , zero. Everyone I know believes in brainwashed garbage.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#767281 Aug 10, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
My initial assumption about constant mass-energy was with disregard to a particle horizon.
Is the amount of "stuff" in our "observable universe" decreasing?
Do you think it matters one way or the other with regard to "the beginning"?
For a short more time , it will increase. Followed by a decrease.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#767282 Aug 10, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have to lower it to something that you can understand....
Sure, serpent grabber.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#767283 Aug 10, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything was gospel, Moron.
I said it is the standard cosmological theory. I am correct.
Red Herring much?
The cosmological model that postulates the existence of a special kind of dark matter >>> Cold Dark Matter >>> The Lamda-CDM model?

'Zat the one you're talking about?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#767284 Aug 10, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> For a short more time , it will increase. Followed by a decrease.
Shhhh...

Don't spoil it!

Location hidden

#767285 Aug 10, 2014
scaritual wrote: The "militant anti theist" comment, is funny, btw. A relatively recent development, I'm assuming due to the increase in non theists in recent years. You must malign and paint anyone who does not agree with you as hostile, and "militant ". The amusing part, is that the implication in your comment is that non theists are confronting a militant force themselves. As in opposition to - a militant organization There are times I wouldn't dispute that, at least from the Christian side. I wouldn't assert that at all times, either.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Thanks. So is "atheophobia".
I didn't use that word, and don't.

Are you having another word jumble?

Location hidden

#767286 Aug 10, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
I post the articles for the message in them, not because of the author. I don't even know anything about him, so how can he be a hero of mine, idiot? Please don't answer that or anything. You will only further embarrass yourself. You are really and truly ignorant, like most atheists/unbelievers.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#767287 Aug 10, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text>
My " illegal" activities are none of your concern..
Remember yesterday morning?

Said activities were none of my concern either.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#767288 Aug 10, 2014
Either?

Too?

You know what I meant.

Maybe.

Fennario

#767289 Aug 10, 2014
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
You have to consider them Christian Calumnists -- opinionated blowhards who write to drive reaction. Facts don't matter. Style is unimportant. Why think, reason, or report when you can assert and accuse?
Good description.

My ideas about faith have been radically altered by my Topix experience. Faith is a cancer of the both the reasoning faculty and the conscience, more in the case of those more susceptible to its message. The more one is devoted to one's religious convictions, the more deformed the worldview and ethics.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#767290 Aug 10, 2014
My Topix experience is real world study.
It's real world because posting on Topix is no less real than making a YouTube video, a telephone call, or writing a letter.
What the...?

Dude you just lost like 100 points, comparing this kind of communication to a phone call.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767291 Aug 10, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much was, and you're asking for a non Hollywood spin on a mythological tale?
It isn't documented history... YOU KNOW?
No. The Noah movie was not "pretty much" based on the Bible.

If you actually think that, all you're doing is showing your Biblical ignorance.

Fennario

#767292 Aug 10, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Nothing but the truth which you are not interested in.
You don't have truth. You have faith.

Truth is the quality facts possess, which are linguistic strings that accurately map a portion of the universe. To do that, you need to examine the universe and gather evidence. That's what science is doing while you're praying and reading an ancient book that tells us that the earth is flat, fixed and immovable. There is no truth in that. What useful information has ever come from that?.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Not telling anyone that and it is not the fault of the Christian you are a literally idiot.
What?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767293 Aug 10, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
At least he lives in a pineapple under the sea, that beats not existing.
Well there's some good ole atheist logic for ya.

SpongeBob exists because he lives in a pineapple under the sea.

You're about ready to check out, aren't you?

Fennario

#767294 Aug 10, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
No Christianity in North Korea.
And no food in Ethiopia. Ethiopia had first dibs.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#767295 Aug 10, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Every time you post you make real retards look smarter.
Lookin' good, nano!

The effects are only temporary.

Enjoy them while they last.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767296 Aug 10, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:

They made a movie from a story in the Bible. They got so many things wrong, "artistic license" doesn't give their wild imaginations enough justice.
The producers claimed that they held very closely to the story as written in the Bible; "I think we stayed very true to the story and didn’t really deviate from the Bible." -Scott Franklin
Really? Here's a list of some of the major things they got wrong:
1. Only one son takes his wife on the Ark in the movie, while in the Bible all three sons had wives with them.
2. Noah decides who will be worthy board the Ark, while in the Bible it is GOD who chooses.
3. The son with the wife has twin daughters, which are perhaps supposed to be the future wives of the other two sons. This was not written in the Bible.
4. Noah seeks advice from his grandfather Methuselah to understand a vision by God; this never happened. Apparently in the movie Noah really never understands God.
5. Methuselah is shown to be sort of a witch-doctor with mental health issues.
6. Noah has no concern for the people who will be killed in the flood, but the Bible says he was a “preacher of righteousness,” which would make his lack of concern out of character.
7. When Noah learns that his son’s wife is expecting, he says if it is a girl she should be killed because God doesn’t want to repopulate the world. Yet in the Bible we find that repopulation is exactly why Noah and his family — all eight of them — are saved.
8. A wounded man cuts his way into the Ark and eats animals to stay alive as a stowaway, and even tries to kill Noah. The Bible says no one but the eight of Noah’s family were on the Ark, and none of the animals died on the journey.
9. Noah teaches theistic evolution to his family while on board the Ark.
10. The “nephilim” are giant rock-creatures, help Noah build the Ark, and defend the Ark in battle.
Aura Mytha wrote:
You are going way beyond the known, and you have remember.
There are more books to the bible than in the versions you adhere to.
The link below is the story of Noah from Genesis. Cross reference that story with the 10 points I listed above that were in the Noah movie.

You'll find that none of those things in the movie where in the actual story.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

"artistic license", indeed...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 35 min coco 57
Ring Payments 1 hr annaleighanne 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 100,153
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 670,272
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 9 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web