Prove there's a god.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#767205 Aug 10, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not. I didn't go to prison for telling.
It had to be for stupidity. Nah, you'd still be in.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#767206 Aug 10, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>still unwilling to admit that science says the same thing the bible does about what we are made of...?
Flail, little man, flail!
I haven't made any claims about the origin of life. I have no answers, only questions. I don't find the Bible to be a reliable source. It has fallen flat too often.

Why do you keep attributing claims to me that I don't make? How does that serve any purpose?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#767207 Aug 10, 2014
Huh wrote:

Girly man?
That's from the movie Spawn, 1997. Spawn. That seems apropos contextually.
Here's one for you.
"F^ck face… I like that one Erroll. I’ll have to remember that one next time I’m climbing off your mum.”
Hint, it's British. You'd better install the drool cup before your next tirade.
What was that you said about "irrelevant invectives"? Hypocritical loon.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#767208 Aug 10, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What was that you said about "irrelevant invectives"? Hypocritical loon.
We're not doing movie quotes?

What, no tit for tat? That's rude. You don't expect me to take you seriously, do you?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Gainesville, TX

#767209 Aug 10, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What was that you said about "irrelevant invectives"? Hypocritical loon.
Heeeeeelp.

I'm trapped in Gainesville.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#767210 Aug 10, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>still unwilling to admit that science says the same thing the bible does about what we are made of...?
Flail, little man, flail!
Wait, I thought I was a girlie man. Make up your mind, man!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#767211 Aug 10, 2014
Anon wrote:
Aww, now I'm going to sulk for the rest of the evening.
Hey now. The dastardly plan is working?

Kewl

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767212 Aug 10, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's revealing that you compare your religious mythology to a movie based upon a comic book in an attempt to point out the errors of an interpretation in what you see as a reality.
Well I have to lower it to something that you can understand....

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#767213 Aug 10, 2014
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>
He's one of Joyful's heroes.
I post the articles for the message in them, not because of the author. I don't even know anything about him, so how can he be a hero of mine, idiot? Please don't answer that or anything. You will only further embarrass yourself. You are really and truly ignorant, like most atheists/unbelievers.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767214 Aug 10, 2014
scaritual wrote:

The "militant anti theist" comment, is funny, btw.
Thanks. So is "atheophobia".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767215 Aug 10, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
No... you don't see.
As stated...
It isn't the same thing. I make full disclosure up-front and in my customers' faces.
Mary had and still has the option to continue giving the discounts... and if she chooses to, she needs to tell people before they get service. I feel, if she did that, no lawyer could touch her.
Why wouldn't a person choose to do that? What is there to be afraid of? Well, let's see... there's the possibility a proprietor would end up losing a percentage of their bottom line across the board because *everyone* has the option to take advantage of the offer. There's also the possibility of losing customers for obvious reasons >>> everywhere ya read about it, discrimination keeps getting mentioned. That can hurt a business.
Anyway...
Usually, it's the other way around; proprietors display a bulletin in-house, or incorporate an offer in an advert >>> "10% off with a student ID" or something like that.
It's out in the open now, because one of her Christian customers spilled the beans on Facebook and a Christian radio station blabbed about it. NOT my fault.
In this sign shop, I've never been under the illusion that I'm required to provide special treatment to anyone... and if I decide to, the people that aren't going to get it know they're not going to get it before they don't get it. It's all out in the open and always has been.
I'm not so much discussing legalities and think Mary should be able do whatever she wants to, including give discounts for praying and keeping it hush-hush... it doesn't bother me one way or the other. That isn't quite what Mary was doing. If she had been, we wouldn't be posting about it.
That being said...
I'm not compaining about Mary's prayer discounts. I'm complaining about you complaining.
I'm metacomplaining!
More power to Mary!
Fugg you!
You aren't being persecuted. What's happening is that the little entitlement scheme you Christians have enjoyed for so long is falling apart at the seams.
Bwaaahaahaahaaaaa.........
Oh
NASAnews

Marietta, GA

#767216 Aug 10, 2014

*DIRE 2014 Forewarnings - 2nd, 3rd BLOOD MOONS

http://youtu.be/JdrHL7WdYqQ

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767217 Aug 10, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:

Peru, starting in Lima and then off to the remote Amazon jungle. Flying in a puddle jumper to a small town from which there are no roads in or out; I'll travel several hours on a small boat up the Tambopata river, which is filled with crocs and piranhas, and end up in a rustic wilderness lodge in mid-jungle. Three days of what you might call a jungle safari, hiking in search of all sorts of wildlife. Had to get yellow fever shots and malaria pills.
Well sumbich.

Have a safe and happy journey.

And thanks for polluting our skies more ;)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767218 Aug 10, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
So was the movie "Noah" any good or not?
If you've never heard the tail of Noah or the great flood, then you would probably think it's a good movie.

To say that they took some "artistic license" would be an understatement. That would be like making a movie about Bart Simpson where he was the president of United States in 1820 and say it was "based on a true story". The only thing true would be that there was a president in 1820.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#767219 Aug 10, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Please show me the post. Did you use the reply function?

I'd bet a bundle that you don't know what open- and close-minded mean. You still don't understand "biased" or "bigoted"

Sorry, dude, but Christianity is homophobic. Where do you thin homophobia comes from? Two And A Half Men? Major League Baseball? The IRS? Domino's Pizza?
It's Jesus, Inc. and only that beautiful business.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I'll just wait for your reply to the question I posed regarding the six links that shows you Christianity does not preach homophobia.
I've posted it twice now.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I'll just wait for your reply to the question I posed regarding the six links that shows you Christianity does not preach homophobia. I've posted it twice now.
Sorry, but if they weren't addressed to me, there's a good chance I didn't see them. I'm 20 pages from the last post now,and will be forced to skip much of it. I always search for every post containing the string " ain" in it somewhere so as not to overlook answers to my posts or questions asked in response to them. Please supply a link or repost the material, and do it in a post addressed to me or one containing the sting " ain". "IANS" won't do, since my search won't select it.

How can any link show me that Christianity doesn't preach homophobia?

IANS wrote: Please show me the post. Did you use the reply function?

< sound of a pin dropping in the next room >

IANS wrote: I'd bet a bundle that you don't know what open- and close-minded mean. You still don't understand "biased" or "bigoted"

< sound of a distant ship’s whistle through the fog and a buoy clanging >

IANS wrote: Sorry, dude, but Christianity is homophobic. Where do you thin homophobia comes from? Two And A Half Men? Major League Baseball? The IRS? Domino's Pizza?
It's Jesus, Inc. and only that beautiful business

< faint sound of a dripping faucet >

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767220 Aug 10, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You still never answered his question, and now you can two of mine to that list.
That's fine. I understand why. It's embarrassing. Deflection seems like a better strategy.
As far as "God" not sending me to hell, if going there is voluntary, I just won't go. I'll have to be sent.
And I do call your god Jehovah because he needs a name to distinguish him for other gods, and because I do speak a few words of Hebrew, most of which I learned here on Topix.
For example, I have learned the Hebrew word for sphere, globe, or ball - "dur" - which is never used in the bible to describe the earth, and the Hebrew word for circle - "chug" - which is.
I also know "elohim," the plural of god, and "almah," which means maiden, not virgin.
You should doublecheck your Topix education of the Hebrew language. Like the English language, many words in Hebrew have multiple meetings.

In English, the word ball has more than one meaning, as does the word maiden and virgin. Same for Hebrew.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#767221 Aug 10, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heeeeeelp.
I'm trapped in Gainesville.
I'm stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#767222 Aug 10, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. So is "atheophobia".
You tapped Buck out?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#767223 Aug 10, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
Not trying to be rude, jumping in mid conversation. I read:

Stilgar Fifrawi wrote: It's not skepticism, IANS. It's irrational bigotry.

It aint necessarily so wrote: Nope. You're describing faith.

Are you saying that faith is irrational bigotry, or am I so far behind in reading that I can't catch up with the conversation?
I don't recall the context. I don't consider faith bigotry, but I do consider it irrational and a logical error.

Nice to see you again. It's been over a year since we posted together. I hope that we can keep the interaction philosophical and not personal.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#767224 Aug 10, 2014
No. I am saying that what science is not laughable. Religion is. Speculating about habitable planets and moons is not laughable. A flat, fixed, immovable earth with a sun passing over it that can be stopped is laughable.

Your ignorance of the Bible is astounding. I can't even have a conversation with you about it.
I am also saying that you make statements like that as a direct result of being a faith based thinker.

Oh really? How much faith does it take to believe that there are over 40 billion habitable planets in the universe? Tell me that doesn't take a leap of faith.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 min Holy Jehowa Witness 445,832
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min inbred Genius 2,112
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 3 min Holy Jehowa Witness 33,209
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 184,816
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Holy Jehowa Witness 678,575
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 39 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 118,535
preparing to make slaves of all "human" americans 42 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 8
More from around the web