Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#766769 Aug 9, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm totally obsessed why his magnificence, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I even dream of him, stop lying and boo hooing. Your religion is a criminal lie, a plague on humanity and must be exposed.
A Catholic priest, a Boy Scout leader and a Sheetrock technician take some boys out on an adventure trip. On the flight over, there is engine trouble and the plane is about to go down.
"We have a problem", says the pilot. "There are only three parachutes!"
The Boy Scout leader suggests they give them to the boys.
"Screw the boys," shouts the Sheetrock technician.
"Is there time?" asks the priest.
Hold it. You said a Catholic priest, a Boy Scout leader and a Sheetrock technician...

Where the hell did the pilot come in?

What do you call a black guy that flies an airplane?

A pilot.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#766770 Aug 9, 2014
White Horse wrote:
So you lied when you claimed you read the Bible?
No, I've read the bible numerous times.

There is no reason to lie in saying that. If I were to add that I thought it was a good story, and an enjoyable read.

That would be a lie.

Has your wife returned to her natural state or is she still masquerading as a heterosexual due to the societal and cultural aspects that Christianity places upon people?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766771 Aug 9, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:

Do you really think I care about what you call a god apart from pointing out how absurd, narcissistic, and cruel a creature your church has created?
Yes.

You can't stop talking (or thinking) about God.

That's a good thing :)

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#766772 Aug 9, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary was not 'persecuted' in any way, shape, or form.
She was not 'threatened' with a lawsuit. She was informed that suits have been filed in similar cases and of the reason they were filed.
She realized that she WAS doing something illegal.
Mind you, there's nothing wrong with discrimination in and of itself. We all do it everyday. That isn't really the issue.
I don't provide churches with 10% discounts for their banners and such... but preachers always walk in expecting one. Gotta let 'em know up front with a price quote. I've told preachers that I could charge them 10% more ***because of their affiliation*** and they still wouldn't be able to find a better price. They agree and always come back. The truth of the matter >>> I can reject their business altogether, FOR RELIGIOUS REASONS, and there's nothing they can do about it but complain. By not providing them a 10% discount and not rejecting their business, I'm not discriminating one way or the other... but legally I could because religion isn't like race; the former is a choice and latter isn't. A person has no control over their ancestry.
The problem was, if Mary's gonna do it, she should let people know up-front... before they oblige themselves to pay her for a meal. When Mary made the statement about the discount not being official public policy in her restaurant, it was a statement of her realization that it should have been all along and NOT an excuse or justification. Potential customers need to be informed beforehand as a matter of decision making (Do I wanna eat here and pay more than that dude because I'm not gonna close my eyes and babble to myself like an idiot like he's doing... essentially paying for part of his meal in the process?)
Mary does not feel 'persecuted' and if the attention did anything, it was to boost business! The place is as packed as it's ever been.
YOU are the one claiming persecution because you just gotta have something to whine about.
If a persecution complex isn't a Christian thing, it's definitely YOUR thing.
Ya little ninny!
Prove there's a god.
Personally, it doesn't bother me at all. I don't know what the law says but I'm OK with her giving a discount for people who say grace before eating.

My dog doesn't get his Milk Bone unless he sits. It's entirely up to him.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766773 Aug 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Is that what you think happened?
<quoted text>
Please show me the post. Did you use the reply function?
<quoted text>
I'd bet a bundle that you don't know what open- and close-minded mean. You still don't understand "biased" or "bigoted"
<quoted text>
Sorry, dude, but Christianity is homophobic. Where do you thin homophobia comes from? Two And A Half Men? Major League Baseball? The IRS? Domino's Pizza?
It's Jesus, Inc. and only that beautiful business.
I'll just wait for your reply to the question I posed regarding the six links that shows you Christianity does not preach homophobia.

I've posted it twice now.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766774 Aug 9, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Great dodge, congratulations.
I'm having a delightful day, dude. Just gave the back yard a generous watering, had an outdoor lunch, watched a little swimming and a little golf on TV, and finished my packing so I'm ready to pollute the atmosphere, as you keep reminding me.
Awesome. Where you off to this time?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766775 Aug 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Sorry, but such beliefs seem absurd to me.
But posting a dozen opinions of what you think God can't do is not absurd.

What?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#766776 Aug 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Nope. You're describing faith.
Not trying to be rude, jumping in mid conversation. I read:
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
It's not skepticism, IANS. It's irrational bigotry.
Nope. You're describing faith.

Are you saying that faith is irrational bigotry, or am I so far behind in reading that I can't catch up with the conversation?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766777 Aug 9, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you mean from a cinematic standpoint, it was quite poignant and I dare say quite moving. One of the better scenes overall. If you mean as a precept I could unequivocally accept, the answer is no. A myth, even on a colossal scale, remains a myth.
Yeah, I can't except the mythology of the Big Bang, either.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#766778 Aug 9, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
God is real...... Miracles happen.
i experienced a real Miracle last June 30, 2011.
thank you God for my:
diamonds
golds
growing investments
and my other achievements like:
4 academic awards and an honor in high school
from high school to college an academic scholar
3 college diplomas
my parents, "Most Outstanding Parents of the Year" for having a son (me) garnering most of the awards in high school
perfect 4.0 gpa when i graduated my computer course
won 2 gay beauty contests
a supervisor or director at work
witnessed a real Miracle on June 30, 2011
applauded loudly after i danced solo during Christmas parties
also, many people told me i look 20 years younger
in other words, it pays to be a believer in God.:)
And gosh darn-it you're good enough, too.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766779 Aug 9, 2014

Should I object to that?
Yes.
Not in my experience.
So what? Your subjective experiences do not constitute reality for everyone else.
Sorry, but Jesus hasn't been well enough to teach for quite some time.
Jesus exists. He is immortal, everlasting, always existing.

But that's cool, I accept your apology.
If you're referring to the book, well, it's the Klan's book, too. And Duckman's. And Fallwell's, Worley's, and Phelps'.
You throw Robertson in with the Phelps'???

What's the matter, read one too many anti-Christian blogs about Robertson?
My issue is that your church is a poor source of values. We can do better.
Yes, we all know what your issue with this mysterious church (which remains unnamed).

Did you go to the WBC? I only ask because you seem to have the impression that every Christian and every Christian church teaches exactly like they do.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#766780 Aug 9, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Snowflakes do not come up in every day conversation but you are right, they appear intelligently designed. More later, if i have time.
hahaa...

No they don't.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#766781 Aug 9, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>No, I've read the bible numerous times.

There is no reason to lie in saying that. If I were to add that I thought it was a good story, and an enjoyable read.

That would be a lie.

Has your wife returned to her natural state or is she still masquerading as a heterosexual due to the societal and cultural aspects that Christianity places upon people?
Hahaha, g'day. Ah, I mean good eye.

Damn autocorrect.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766782 Aug 9, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, it doesn't bother me at all. I don't know what the law says but I'm OK with her giving a discount for people who say grace before eating.
My dog doesn't get his Milk Bone unless he sits. It's entirely up to him.
It's not illegal. As Mary's attorney says:

"They are saying that this is discrimination against the people that don't pray, not-uh, that's not the way that works, no," explained Clifford.

He added, "It would be illegal if Mary would say to people,'Unless you are going to pray, in a way prescribed by me, Mary, when you come in this restaurant, you cannot come in. I think that would violate Civil Rights Act. I think thought that there is a line between that and saying,'I'm going to give you a discount based on what you have done, not based on what you are, not based on what you believe, not based on what you say, but what I, Mary, have observed you do, and I'm going to give you a discount."

The owner also says she has other discounts:

"I also have Trade Street employee discounts, I also have a 'I waited too long discount' when people get upset with me on the weekend," said Blalock. "I'm not picking and choosing, I am inclusively finding ways to meet people where they are at every table."

Somebody should complain about that waiting too long discount. That's discrimination.....
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#766783 Aug 9, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Creflo Dollar?
You're quite a kidder, first with Habakkuk, now this Creflo fellow.
That Creflo Dollar clown was charged with choking and punching his teenage daughter. On the 911 call she explained it wasn't the first time

What a lovely Christian.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#766784 Aug 9, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
1+1=2 does not cause anything or put money in your bank account.
I don't know what the world would do without these tidbits of lightbeanrider wisdom.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#766785 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
http://atheism.about.com/od/Atheist-Dictionar...
<quoted text>
Agreed. I just think that Christianity enhances it.
Thank you for the link.
I agree to a point. I think that in some instances it can actually stunt it. Unfortunately some use the Bible as a tool to belittle others. It's amazing how much damage one can do to another simply with words, let alone action. When someone places others before self, and are also a believer...agreed - Christianity enhances it.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#766786 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Prove it. A demonstration would be nice.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766787 Aug 9, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:

Thank you for the link.
I agree to a point. I think that in some instances it can actually stunt it. Unfortunately some use the Bible as a tool to belittle others. It's amazing how much damage one can do to another simply with words, let alone action. When someone places others before self, and are also a believer...agreed - Christianity enhances it.
Hmmm. Well said. "...some use the Bible as a tool to belittle others", I agree.

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#766788 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome. Where you off to this time?
Peru, starting in Lima and then off to the remote Amazon jungle. Flying in a puddle jumper to a small town from which there are no roads in or out; I'll travel several hours on a small boat up the Tambopata river, which is filled with crocs and piranhas, and end up in a rustic wilderness lodge in mid-jungle. Three days of what you might call a jungle safari, hiking in search of all sorts of wildlife. Had to get yellow fever shots and malaria pills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 665,613
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Aura Mytha 88,533
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min bad bob 184,817
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Peace_Warrior 619,151
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 30 min RiccardoFire 45,872
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 32 min UnderstandPeople 283
donald trump will not fulfill all campaign prom... 48 min Johnny 61
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 284,728
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr truth 708
The Future of Politics in America 6 hr It aint necessari... 312
More from around the web