Prove there's a god.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#766778 Aug 9, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
God is real...... Miracles happen.
i experienced a real Miracle last June 30, 2011.
thank you God for my:
diamonds
golds
growing investments
and my other achievements like:
4 academic awards and an honor in high school
from high school to college an academic scholar
3 college diplomas
my parents, "Most Outstanding Parents of the Year" for having a son (me) garnering most of the awards in high school
perfect 4.0 gpa when i graduated my computer course
won 2 gay beauty contests
a supervisor or director at work
witnessed a real Miracle on June 30, 2011
applauded loudly after i danced solo during Christmas parties
also, many people told me i look 20 years younger
in other words, it pays to be a believer in God.:)
And gosh darn-it you're good enough, too.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#766779 Aug 9, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:

Should I object to that?
Yes.
Not in my experience.
So what? Your subjective experiences do not constitute reality for everyone else.
Sorry, but Jesus hasn't been well enough to teach for quite some time.
Jesus exists. He is immortal, everlasting, always existing.

But that's cool, I accept your apology.
If you're referring to the book, well, it's the Klan's book, too. And Duckman's. And Fallwell's, Worley's, and Phelps'.
You throw Robertson in with the Phelps'???

What's the matter, read one too many anti-Christian blogs about Robertson?
My issue is that your church is a poor source of values. We can do better.
Yes, we all know what your issue with this mysterious church (which remains unnamed).

Did you go to the WBC? I only ask because you seem to have the impression that every Christian and every Christian church teaches exactly like they do.

Location hidden

#766780 Aug 9, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Snowflakes do not come up in every day conversation but you are right, they appear intelligently designed. More later, if i have time.
hahaa...

No they don't.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#766781 Aug 9, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>No, I've read the bible numerous times.

There is no reason to lie in saying that. If I were to add that I thought it was a good story, and an enjoyable read.

That would be a lie.

Has your wife returned to her natural state or is she still masquerading as a heterosexual due to the societal and cultural aspects that Christianity places upon people?
Hahaha, g'day. Ah, I mean good eye.

Damn autocorrect.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766782 Aug 9, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, it doesn't bother me at all. I don't know what the law says but I'm OK with her giving a discount for people who say grace before eating.
My dog doesn't get his Milk Bone unless he sits. It's entirely up to him.
It's not illegal. As Mary's attorney says:

"They are saying that this is discrimination against the people that don't pray, not-uh, that's not the way that works, no," explained Clifford.

He added, "It would be illegal if Mary would say to people,'Unless you are going to pray, in a way prescribed by me, Mary, when you come in this restaurant, you cannot come in. I think that would violate Civil Rights Act. I think thought that there is a line between that and saying,'I'm going to give you a discount based on what you have done, not based on what you are, not based on what you believe, not based on what you say, but what I, Mary, have observed you do, and I'm going to give you a discount."

The owner also says she has other discounts:

"I also have Trade Street employee discounts, I also have a 'I waited too long discount' when people get upset with me on the weekend," said Blalock. "I'm not picking and choosing, I am inclusively finding ways to meet people where they are at every table."

Somebody should complain about that waiting too long discount. That's discrimination.....
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#766783 Aug 9, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Creflo Dollar?
You're quite a kidder, first with Habakkuk, now this Creflo fellow.
That Creflo Dollar clown was charged with choking and punching his teenage daughter. On the 911 call she explained it wasn't the first time

What a lovely Christian.

Location hidden

#766784 Aug 9, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
1+1=2 does not cause anything or put money in your bank account.
I don't know what the world would do without these tidbits of lightbeanrider wisdom.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#766785 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
http://atheism.about.com/od/Atheist-Dictionar...
<quoted text>
Agreed. I just think that Christianity enhances it.
Thank you for the link.
I agree to a point. I think that in some instances it can actually stunt it. Unfortunately some use the Bible as a tool to belittle others. It's amazing how much damage one can do to another simply with words, let alone action. When someone places others before self, and are also a believer...agreed - Christianity enhances it.

Location hidden

#766786 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Prove it. A demonstration would be nice.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766787 Aug 9, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:

Thank you for the link.
I agree to a point. I think that in some instances it can actually stunt it. Unfortunately some use the Bible as a tool to belittle others. It's amazing how much damage one can do to another simply with words, let alone action. When someone places others before self, and are also a believer...agreed - Christianity enhances it.
Hmmm. Well said. "...some use the Bible as a tool to belittle others", I agree.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#766788 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome. Where you off to this time?
Peru, starting in Lima and then off to the remote Amazon jungle. Flying in a puddle jumper to a small town from which there are no roads in or out; I'll travel several hours on a small boat up the Tambopata river, which is filled with crocs and piranhas, and end up in a rustic wilderness lodge in mid-jungle. Three days of what you might call a jungle safari, hiking in search of all sorts of wildlife. Had to get yellow fever shots and malaria pills.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#766789 Aug 9, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what the world would do without these tidbits of lightbeanrider wisdom.
Well I'm still wondering how a law causes anything? A law of gravity is probably a description of a phenomena along with the assumption the universe obeys laws. Folks like you assume those things are sufficient cause for everything for no reason since it is assumed no Intelligence is involved. Topix atheists must be happy in the shallow end of the pool. Never bother to ask why does the universe obey laws?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#766790 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I can't except the mythology of the Big Bang, either.
Aww, now I'm going to sulk for the rest of the evening.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#766791 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
"They are saying that this is discrimination against the people that don't pray, not-uh, that's not the way that works, no," explained Clifford.
He added, "It would be illegal if Mary would say to people,'Unless you are going to pray, in a way prescribed by me, Mary, when you come in this restaurant, you cannot come in. I think that would violate Civil Rights Act. I think thought that there is a line between that and saying,'I'm going to give you a discount based on what you have done, not based on what you are, not based on what you believe, not based on what you say, but what I, Mary, have observed you do, and I'm going to give you a discount."
"I also have Trade Street employee discounts, I also have a 'I waited too long discount' when people get upset with me on the weekend," said Blalock. "I'm not picking and choosing, I am inclusively finding ways to meet people where they are at every table."
Somebody should complain about that waiting too long discount. That's discrimination.....
Ok...been reading the comments, why not just lower the prices if there is a discount for everyone?

Location hidden

#766792 Aug 9, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I use "existed" as a conscious observer of time, in time. Creation occurred in our conscious past. This says nothing about applying tense to events absent time. Absence of time is a requirement for the creation of time.
All verbs imply a past, present, or future, or a path through time because we are conscious observers in time describing what we are conscious of. Time determines the applicability of these verbs; the verbs do not determine anything about time or its absence, and in the absence of the conscious observer.
Therefore, to say nothing exists absent time is illogical.
Buck Crick wrote:
Therefore, to say nothing exists absent time is illogical.
Only if you have a need to support your deity belief.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#766793 Aug 9, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>That Creflo Dollar clown was charged with choking and punching his teenage daughter. On the 911 call she explained it wasn't the first time
What a lovely Christian.
Nice supporting evidence there. Oh wait...I mean nice defaming accusation there, with no supporting evidence. I've never even heard of that name. I just posted it because it was a good message. Most of you atheists/unbelievers here are morally corrupt and FOS, but that doesn't mean you all don't have something worthwhile to say once in a blue moon.:)
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#766794 Aug 9, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Peru, starting in Lima and then off to the remote Amazon jungle. Flying in a puddle jumper to a small town from which there are no roads in or out; I'll travel several hours on a small boat up the Tambopata river, which is filled with crocs and piranhas, and end up in a rustic wilderness lodge in mid-jungle. Three days of what you might call a jungle safari, hiking in search of all sorts of wildlife. Had to get yellow fever shots and malaria pills.
So, you're going on a vacation where death lurks around every corner.
Would that make you, uhm, crazy?

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#766795 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I don't care. Just like I don't care that a church would agree to host the funeral of a man until they found out he was gay. Assholes abound in this country. I'm used to it.

I'm pretty sure my dog thinks I'm an ass for telling him to sit before he gets a treat.

Location hidden

#766796 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
We all make our own choices and have to live (and die) with them. You can't blame someone else for your doings. The spoon didn't make you fat, you did. The war on drugs didn't make you smoke crack, that's your choice. The man doesn't keep you down, your keep yourself down. God doesn't send you to hell, you send yourself there.
Oh, and I don't call God "Jehovah" because I don't speak Hebrew. We've been down that road before....
Right, right, right, and the Hebrew of the time named their gods differently when they were polytheistic because Jehovah, or Yahweh, didn't mean Asherah or B'aal.

So, it wasn't just a name that meant "god".

The four letters, YHVH, each represent a distinct aspect of Deity: Y (Yod) representing Deity as Father; H (Heh) representing Deity as Mother; V (Vau) representing Deity as Son; and the second H (Heh) representing Deity as Daughter.

The end result, in pronounciation, was 'Jehovah" however convoluted that may seem.n 'yahweh" is also a variation upon that concept.

That reflects back to the polytheistic period in early Judaism. Canaanites had a similar polytheistic pantheon; El-Asherah-Baal-Astarte. The Canaanite culture predates the Hebrew/Judaic culture, and is where much of early Judaic beliefs originated. It's thought that the Hebrew were originally an offshoot of the Canaanites. That's what the archaeological evidence shows, which is history.

"There are signs that Yahweh was worshipped as Yah at Ebla (2,350 BCE) and as Yaw at Ugarit (1800-1200 BCE), where he was one of the Elohim (Canaanite 'lhm)- the sons of El" http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Yah...

Location hidden

#766797 Aug 9, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "proper" interpretation according to what?
The mind of Buck, which, as we all know, is subject to being a bit squirrelly from time to time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Just Think 687,224
Topix is run by a bunch of GAY LOSERS 11 min Doctor REALITY 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 48 min Bobby Bobson 30,855
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 55 min Doctor REALIUTY 6
News Driver charged after ramming truck into mobile ... 1 hr bhc 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Berzerkers 286,543
Anthony Bragg 6 hr Eyes open Smh 29
More from around the web