Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#766751 Aug 9, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
We don't care about your god - you do. And you and others make bold claims for it that deserve refutation. Lightbeamrider says that all life and intelligence must come from it, and we ask where your gods life and intelligence came from. Buck says it lives out of time, yet acts, and I point out the inconsistency. Joyful prates on about her good and wonderful god, and I asked her why slaying it isn't more appropriate than worshiping it given the choice. Is that what you mean about talking about your god a lot? We talk about it a lot less than you do, and generally to refute claims made about it. What we mostly like to talk about are things that are real and adversely affect people: Faith, religion, the bible, and Christianity - not "God.".
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Yeah.... Look how much you don't care about God...
Where? Under that crumb?

Do you really think I care about what you call a god apart from pointing out how absurd, narcissistic, and cruel a creature your church has created?

Fennario

#766753 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
No one tells me what to think
How can you be sure?

Fennario

#766754 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I used your own words in an attempt to show you that how you think Christians feel about gays is actually how you feel about Christians.
Is that what you think happened?
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I gave you 6 excellent examples of Christians NOT teaching homophobia and what happened? <a faint sound of a coyote howling in the distance>
Please show me the post. Did you use the reply function?
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
You know what that says? That say you're closed-minded about the topic.
I'd bet a bundle that you don't know what open- and close-minded mean. You still don't understand "biased" or "bigoted"
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
You've convinced yourself that Christianity teaches homophobia and nothing, not even truth, will shake that belief.
Sorry, dude, but Christianity is homophobic. Where do you thin homophobia comes from? Two And A Half Men? Major League Baseball? The IRS? Domino's Pizza?

It's Jesus, Inc. and only that beautiful business.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#766755 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be having a bad day, so I forgive you for all the venom you spewed in that post.
The Shut Up, Devil app told me that...
"Bear with each other, and forgive each other. If someone does wrong to you, forgive that person because the Lord forgave you."
It's good advice. Keeps everyone calm.
Great dodge, congratulations.

I'm having a delightful day, dude. Just gave the back yard a generous watering, had an outdoor lunch, watched a little swimming and a little golf on TV, and finished my packing so I'm ready to pollute the atmosphere, as you keep reminding me.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#766756 Aug 9, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Lol. Awesome.

Fennario

#766757 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
It's not skepticism, IANS. It's irrational bigotry.
Nope. You're describing faith.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#766758 Aug 9, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
The Glory of God Inside You - Written by Creflo A. Dollar
Earthly manifestations of God's glory did not end the day on the mountain with Moses.
A few months after Jesus' death, resurrection, and ascension to heaven, an event occurred that was unprecedented in the history of the world. It was an event that would make the glory, presence, and power of God available to you and me. We read about it in Acts, Chapter 2:
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Creflo Dollar?

You're quite a kidder, first with Habakkuk, now this Creflo fellow.

Fennario

#766759 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
God is omniscient, yes. That doesn't imply He wouldn't want to test us, we aren't omniscient, we need to learn from our mistakes and pass that knowledge on.
Sorry, but such beliefs seem absurd to me.

Fennario

#766760 Aug 9, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
On what basis?
It's inadequate.

Location hidden

#766761 Aug 9, 2014
<quoted text>Agree, and spam it is: "Why I Am Not Afraid. Jesus said ..."
"What to do when Satan knocks on your door..."

Invite him in and make another baby? Get him to do some handy work around the house?

I don't know, I scrolled.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#766762 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a horribly adapted movie.
Imagine if they remade Man of Steel without Superman being able to fly or wearing a cape....
What did you think of the Creation/Evolution scene?
If you mean from a cinematic standpoint, it was quite poignant and I dare say quite moving. One of the better scenes overall. If you mean as a precept I could unequivocally accept, the answer is no. A myth, even on a colossal scale, remains a myth.

Location hidden

#766763 Aug 9, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>"Häxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages"
Be careful - it's "ov de Debbil".
Credit to Scaritual for the Debbil reference.
Yay! Thank you.

Fennario

#766764 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
IANS. There's Luci not talking about Christianity again...
Thanks for the heads up. Many of us do that a lot.

Fennario

#766765 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Like the private churches you love seeing closed down?
Should I object to that?
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
What would Jesus do, indeed. It's that very thought process as to why most Christians aren't homophobes and why I've been trying to teach you that Christianity doesn't teach homophobia. Some pastors might, yes. Some Christians might be downright gay-haters, yes. But that doesn't mean Christianity "teaches" homophobia, it actually teaches the opposite.
Not in my experience.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Jesus teaches us to love all, respect all, to give to all that need, etc. He does not ever teach us to hate anyone or malign a certain group if people into unhappiness.
Sorry, but Jesus hasn't been well enough to teach for quite some time. If you're referring to the book, well, it's the Klan's book, too. And Duckman's. And Fallwell's, Worley's, and Phelps'.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Christianity and Christians can certainly define who is unacceptable or what actions are unacceptable, just as any unbelievers can. We all do it all the time. You do it. I do it. We all do it. What's your issue with that?
My issue is that your church is a poor source of values. We can do better.

Location hidden

#766766 Aug 9, 2014
<quoted text>Thanks for the heads up. Many of us do that a lot.
He's dobbing on me, boo hoo.

http://i.imgur.com/ZKqGUeY.jpg

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#766767 Aug 9, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary was not 'persecuted' in any way, shape, or form.
She was not 'threatened' with a lawsuit. She was informed that suits have been filed in similar cases and of the reason they were filed.
She realized that she WAS doing something illegal.
Mind you, there's nothing wrong with discrimination in and of itself. We all do it everyday. That isn't really the issue.
I don't provide churches with 10% discounts for their banners and such... but preachers always walk in expecting one. Gotta let 'em know up front with a price quote. I've told preachers that I could charge them 10% more ***because of their affiliation*** and they still wouldn't be able to find a better price. They agree and always come back. The truth of the matter >>> I can reject their business altogether, FOR RELIGIOUS REASONS, and there's nothing they can do about it but complain. By not providing them a 10% discount and not rejecting their business, I'm not discriminating one way or the other... but legally I could because religion isn't like race; the former is a choice and latter isn't. A person has no control over their ancestry.
The problem was, if Mary's gonna do it, she should let people know up-front... before they oblige themselves to pay her for a meal. When Mary made the statement about the discount not being official public policy in her restaurant, it was a statement of her realization that it should have been all along and NOT an excuse or justification. Potential customers need to be informed beforehand as a matter of decision making (Do I wanna eat here and pay more than that dude because I'm not gonna close my eyes and babble to myself like an idiot like he's doing... essentially paying for part of his meal in the process?)
Mary does not feel 'persecuted' and if the attention did anything, it was to boost business! The place is as packed as it's ever been.
YOU are the one claiming persecution because you just gotta have something to whine about.
If a persecution complex isn't a Christian thing, it's definitely YOUR thing.
Ya little ninny!
Prove there's a god.
Oh I see. Mary was doing something illegal but if you did the exact same thing it would be perfectly legal.

How's that?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766768 Aug 9, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:

What is a New atheist if I may ask? Sorry new term I am not familiar with unless you are talking about folks that have just become atheist?
http://atheism.about.com/od/Atheist-Dictionar...
I don't know, I think that it is innate. I also think that life experience can dull it, depending on circumstance - regardless of belief.
Agreed. I just think that Christianity enhances it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766769 Aug 9, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm totally obsessed why his magnificence, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I even dream of him, stop lying and boo hooing. Your religion is a criminal lie, a plague on humanity and must be exposed.
A Catholic priest, a Boy Scout leader and a Sheetrock technician take some boys out on an adventure trip. On the flight over, there is engine trouble and the plane is about to go down.
"We have a problem", says the pilot. "There are only three parachutes!"
The Boy Scout leader suggests they give them to the boys.
"Screw the boys," shouts the Sheetrock technician.
"Is there time?" asks the priest.
Hold it. You said a Catholic priest, a Boy Scout leader and a Sheetrock technician...

Where the hell did the pilot come in?

What do you call a black guy that flies an airplane?

A pilot.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#766770 Aug 9, 2014
White Horse wrote:
So you lied when you claimed you read the Bible?
No, I've read the bible numerous times.

There is no reason to lie in saying that. If I were to add that I thought it was a good story, and an enjoyable read.

That would be a lie.

Has your wife returned to her natural state or is she still masquerading as a heterosexual due to the societal and cultural aspects that Christianity places upon people?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766771 Aug 9, 2014

Do you really think I care about what you call a god apart from pointing out how absurd, narcissistic, and cruel a creature your church has created?
Yes.

You can't stop talking (or thinking) about God.

That's a good thing :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 41 min Drumpf Disaster 51,444
Missing Teen - Brittany Crenshaw (Aug '12) 1 hr Denise moody 24
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 5 hr Doctor REALITY 6
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 5 hr Doctor REALITY 9
servpro sucks (Apr '08) 6 hr Picnic 38
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr Holy dr Shrink 693,103
Gf gave me a dog, but it died. How to tell her? 9 hr Kelvin68 1
More from around the web