Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#766722 Aug 9, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
How does your god feel about homosexuals?
You feel the same way, right?
God loves all people, including homosexuals.

Yes, I feel the same way.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766723 Aug 9, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
"You people talk about race too much. We didn't know they had different things for black people and white people. You can't do this, you can't go here. I didn't know I was black until Felipe told me.”
~ Jesus Alou
Hello River. Welcome to 2014. Would you please join us?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#766724 Aug 9, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Irish and Germans not a match. <quoted text> Sub humans?
<quoted text> So how much are you sub human? IANS?
You write:
“Irish and Germans not a match.”

There is a natural spread of a few percent of the Homo-sapiens genome, alive on earth today, and in historic times. The Neanderthal genes fall outside of that percentage…they are not fully human.
You can call them Sub-Humans…I call them pre-humans. We seem to have the same ancestor, it’s just that we had some advantages over our ‘cousins’ and we survived.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#766725 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha.
The New Atheist says "if" there's a God....
Seems legit.
Geez, dude.

If, as you stupidly believe, there happened to be a god, then, based on your stupid beliefs, this would be the stupid result.

Of course there's no god.

But these would be the idiotic consequences if your silly, infantile beliefs were to be followed.

Tell me, are you this dumb, or are you pretending to be this dumb?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#766726 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
An atheist made this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OwSWRdbSQK0XX&sns=em
What thinkest thou?
An atheist, me, rented this last week and found it rather enjoyable. I didn't expect much, being a summer blockbuster, so I was pleasantly surprised. Unlike yourself, I wasn't looking for truth (ha), I just wanted some simple entertainment. It was nothing more than a good screen adaptation of a popular myth. Without spoiling anything, I liked Noah's plan for mankind after the flood much more than his wife's alternative.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#766727 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello River. Welcome to 2014. Would you please join us?
Why not welcome Donald Sterling?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#766728 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol yeah, like "an omnipotent being that would test people".
That's not logical. God is omniscient, yes. That doesn't imply He wouldn't want to test us, we aren't omniscient, we need to learn from our mistakes and pass that knowledge on.
Hey, to refute IANS is to be anti science and a faith based thinker.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#766729 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Never ending New Atheists thinking that there way is the best way:
"Just as modern motorways have no room for ox-carts or wandering pedestrians, so modern society has little place for lives and ways that are too eccentric."
Y'all are a trip.
If I may? Most like to think that the way they see things is for the best. Speaking only from personal experience, amazing things happen when folks stop looking at the divide. Can't tell you how many people of different beliefs/non took part in a cancer walk in my area (for example).

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766730 Aug 9, 2014
Anon wrote:
An atheist, me, rented this last week and found it rather enjoyable. I didn't expect much, being a summer blockbuster, so I was pleasantly surprised. Unlike yourself, I wasn't looking for truth (ha), I just wanted some simple entertainment. It was nothing more than a good screen adaptation of a popular myth. Without spoiling anything, I liked Noah's plan for mankind after the flood much more than his wife's alternative.
It was a horribly adapted movie.

Imagine if they remade Man of Steel without Superman being able to fly or wearing a cape....

What did you think of the Creation/Evolution scene?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766731 Aug 9, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, dude.
If, as you stupidly believe, there happened to be a god, then, based on your stupid beliefs, this would be the stupid result.
Of course there's no god.
But these would be the idiotic consequences if your silly, infantile beliefs were to be followed.
Tell me, are you this dumb, or are you pretending to be this dumb?
You seem to be having a bad day, so I forgive you for all the venom you spewed in that post.

The Shut Up, Devil app told me that...

"Bear with each other, and forgive each other. If someone does wrong to you, forgive that person because the Lord forgave you."

It's good advice. Keeps everyone calm.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766732 Aug 9, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, to refute IANS is to be anti science and a faith based thinker.
"What do we care what a faith based thinker like you says about science, Christian trash?"

um....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766733 Aug 9, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
If I may? Most like to think that the way they see things is for the best.
It's a selfish attitude to have. Something that seems prominent amongst the New Atheists and militant anti-theists.
Speaking only from personal experience, amazing things happen when folks stop looking at the divide. Can't tell you how many people of different beliefs/non took part in a cancer walk in my area (for example).
Nice. Everyone has sympathy hardwired into them, God did good there. Christianity helps one have easier and faster access to that sympathy. IMO...

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#766734 Aug 9, 2014
The Glory of God Inside You - Written by Creflo A. Dollar

Earthly manifestations of God's glory did not end the day on the mountain with Moses.

A few months after Jesus' death, resurrection, and ascension to heaven, an event occurred that was unprecedented in the history of the world. It was an event that would make the glory, presence, and power of God available to you and me. We read about it in Acts, Chapter 2:
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
(Acts 2:1-4)
On this remarkable day, the Spirit of Almighty God was poured out upon man. Up to that point, the Holy Ghost had only rested upon man for short periods of time. Now the Spirit was available to abide within man, indwelling them 24-hours-a-day and supercharging them with the power of God.

Moments after the event just described had occurred, the apostle Peter preached a Holy Ghost-inspired sermon to explain what had taken place:
But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, "Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

"But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; and it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,'I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: and on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy.'"
(Acts 2:14-18)
Pentecost brought a whole new dimension to experiencing the presence of God.

In fact, it almost brings us full circle to where Adam was before the Fall. Adam had the life of God inside himself; so too can we, as believers, have the life of God inside us.

http://www.cfaith.com/index.php/article-displ...

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#766735 Aug 9, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
“Irish and Germans not a match.”
There is a natural spread of a few percent of the Homo-sapiens genome, alive on earth today, and in historic times. The Neanderthal genes fall outside of that percentage…they are not fully human.
You can call them Sub-Humans…I call them pre-humans. We seem to have the same ancestor, it’s just that we had some advantages over our ‘cousins’ and we survived.
Neandertal are considered human twom, they just aren't considered the exact same species human as modern humans. In fact several species of humans existed besides modern humans, thus leading up to homo sapiens then to homo sapiens sapiens.
They are called archaic humans , this is partly due to brain size and speech ability as well as the discovery they buried their dead.

http://www.anthropology.hawaii.edu/People/Fac...

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v505/n74...

But there were other humans, they were just a little different from us.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#766736 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a selfish attitude to have. Something that seems prominent amongst the New Atheists and militant anti-theists.
<quoted text>
Nice. Everyone has sympathy hardwired into them, God did good there. Christianity helps one have easier and faster access to that sympathy. IMO...
What? God did good in the struggle to find a cure for cancer?

OK, Leprosy I'll agree with. Bird blood is abundant.

Location hidden

#766737 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
"What do we care what a faith based thinker like you says about science, Christian trash?"
um....
I prefer white trash but can live with christian trash. With IANS the fault is always with the stars.

http://nfs.sparknotes.com/juliuscaesar/page_1...

IANS to Christians

Blush, blush, thou lump of foul deformity,

http://nfs.sparknotes.com/richardiii/page_20....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#766738 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>No, you did. A very racist joke.

[QUOTE] What I have been seeing is Juice not discussing your god and you claiming that she was, me discussing Christianity and you calling it discussing Christians, you calling a restauranteur that was asked to obey the law persecuted, and you calling the above an example of Juice telling a joke about whites. "

The restauranteur obeyed the law by offering a discount to anyone. By atheists complaining and threatening lawsuits, she was persecuted.

And yes, you atheists and anti-theists discuss God all the time. Haven't you been following the thread? I'll point it out if that helps you.

[QUOTE] You can understand my skepticism when you also tell me that you see a god, or an irreducibly complex eye, or anti-Christian bigotry, or anything else to do with your faith."

It's not skepticism, IANS. It's irrational bigotry.
I agree, a restaurant offering discounts only to those who pray/say grace before eating, is irrational bigotry.

Those who say grace before meals are christians.

Yes, only giving discounts to christians, in a restaurant, is irrational bigotry.

What's the difference between a priest and a pimple?

A pimple waits until you're 13 before coming on your face.

Location hidden

#766739 Aug 9, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
How does your god feel about homosexuals?
You feel the same way, right?
For thou hast made the happy earth thy hell,

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766740 Aug 9, 2014
River Tam wrote:
What? God did good in the struggle to find a cure for cancer?
OK, Leprosy I'll agree with. Bird blood is abundant.
Hi River, I'm Stilgar.

Stilgar said "Everyone has sympathy hardwired into them, God did good there"
---
River replied "God did good in the struggle to find a cure for cancer?"

Stilgar said tomato
River said BOWLING SHOES!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766741 Aug 9, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I prefer white trash but can live with christian trash. With IANS the fault is always with the stars.
http://nfs.sparknotes.com/juliuscaesar/page_1...
IANS to Christians
Blush, blush, thou lump of foul deformity,
http://nfs.sparknotes.com/richardiii/page_20....
For ’tis thy presence that exhales this blood
From cold and empty veins where no blood dwells.
Thy deeds, inhuman and unnatural,
Provokes this deluge most unnatural.-
O God, which this blood mad’st, revenge his death!
O earth, which this blood drink’st revenge his death!
Either heaven with lightning strike the murderer dead,
Or earth gape open wide and eat him quick,
As thou dost swallow up this good king’s blood,
Which his hell-governed arm hath butchered!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Kwisatz Haderach 88,638
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 703,878
How to a approach a top foreign dating coach? 5 hr ramon40 1
News US may never see another spiritual leader like ... 5 hr Rocky 15
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 5 hr carlvei3 1
The REAL reason TWA Flight 800 broke in half 6 hr Doctor REALITY 9
Poll Have you ever secretly sniffed a woman's panties (Apr '09) 7 hr Joseph8 36