Prove there's a god.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#766640 Aug 9, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Absent time, nothing exists. Existence is tracing a path through time. All verbs imply a prior and subsequent states that may vary or remain unchanged, including static existence.
Consciousness is a phenomenon of time as well. The conscious agent at all times experiences itself "here now" implicitly if not explicitly. Thinking is going from a prior mental state to another later mental state. You simply cant divorce wither consciousness or exitence from time, let alone change or action.
If you examine the sentence, "Absent time, there is no objective view of before and after, and what existed would have to have always existed" closely, it falls apart. You use words like "existed" and "always" at the same time as you talk about there being no time.
I use "existed" as a conscious observer of time, in time. Creation occurred in our conscious past. This says nothing about applying tense to events absent time. Absence of time is a requirement for the creation of time.

All verbs imply a past, present, or future, or a path through time because we are conscious observers in time describing what we are conscious of. Time determines the applicability of these verbs; the verbs do not determine anything about time or its absence, and in the absence of the conscious observer.

Therefore, to say nothing exists absent time is illogical.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#766641 Aug 9, 2014
What grounds are there to stigmatize a person and make their lives more difficult and dangerous besides hatred?
Buck Crick wrote:
I referred to disapproval, not stigmatization.
Public disapproval of that nature to that degree for that duration results in stigmatization. You know that.

So let me ask you again: What grounds are there to stigmatize a person and make their lives more difficult and dangerous besides hatred? If you disagree that there is no justification for doing that, please tell me what justifies it. I think you can't.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#766642 Aug 9, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The justices you so often malign for corrupting the Constitution.
But OK, I like the new Buck: When a majority of SC justices rule, that's the proper interpretation of the Constitution.
Unfortunately, I have a sneaky feeling you'll hold to that only when you agree with the result.
I didn't say that. Sometimes they make the proper interpretation. Sometimes not.

The troublesome thing is that 4 voted to ignore the Constitution, which is proof an erroneous decision could happen at any moment.

Fennario

#766644 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Save it. What science "knows" is usually laughable, especially when they are talking about things like other habitable planets. It's all speculation, not fact.
This is the product of faith based thought. It adds nothing.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#766645 Aug 9, 2014

You didn't answer his question. He didn't ask you what the difference was between justice and mercy. He asked you what makes you call Jehovah either loving or merciful. Do you know why he might think that that god is not loving or merciful? You would probably need to in order to answer his question. Let me help out:
What would be the most unjust thing that you can think of? How about torturing unto death somebody who did nothing to harm you? I can think of something infinitely more unjust. Can you?
What would be the most merciless thing that you can think of? I think it would have to involve allowing the most suffering to continue for the longest time with the hardest possible heart. What would be the most extreme example of that that you can imagine?
We all make our own choices and have to live (and die) with them. You can't blame someone else for your doings. The spoon didn't make you fat, you did. The war on drugs didn't make you smoke crack, that's your choice. The man doesn't keep you down, your keep yourself down. God doesn't send you to hell, you send yourself there.

Oh, and I don't call God "Jehovah" because I don't speak Hebrew. We've been down that road before....

Fennario

#766648 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
There was never a stance to change. I've always said that they're fellow humans and should be cared for. By their own parents and their own government. I don't like mooches.
Then people being cared for by their governments aren't mooches? Don't let your conservative friends hear you say that

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#766649 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I get that. Just pointing out that nearly all of her posts are in reference to God, Christianity or Christians. Why? She's obsessed.
Strange how a person can be obsessed over something they say isn't even real.
Funny how she's isn't obsessed over Horus, ghosts or the FSM. Just God.
Imagine that.
Hey, this the Prove There's a God thread.

It's ok to keep referring to the dude.

Catcher1

Manhattan Beach, CA

#766653 Aug 9, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that. Sometimes they make the proper interpretation. Sometimes not.
The troublesome thing is that 4 voted to ignore the Constitution, which is proof an erroneous decision could happen at any moment.
The "proper" interpretation according to what?

Fennario

#766654 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Possibly. We'll see. Do you know how long she's been on the gub'ment teet?
Did you ever answer this:

Stilgar Fifrawi wrote: Regarding Joy, that depends on how long she's been on government assistance and how long she plans to stay on it. Can you answer that?

IANS wrote: No. Why is that a factor? If she was capable of working, she should have been working whether that's been a month or ten years

Stilgar Fifrawi wrote: And I wouldn't just say that's regarding her, I would say that's regarding anyone receiving government assistance of any kind. There are many Americans that are in genuine need of help, be it medical, food, housing, etc and most Americans agree that we need to help them out. But there are the seedy ones, the scumbags that are choosing not to work and instead are using government assistance as a way of life instead of a quick help, like it's supposed to be. Which is she? I don't know.

IANS wrote: Joyful sounds like one of those "scumbags" that chooses to not work to me. Would you agree that if she could have been working but chose not to, that she qualifies as a scumbag by your definition?

Fennario

#766658 Aug 9, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<Dildar> "...SCIENCE IS OF THE DEBBIL!...RUN!"
Science fights back:

Free Smartphone App Promises the Power to Silence Satan
http://www.charismanews.com/culture/44850-fre...

"The Shut Up, Devil! app is an innovative resource that puts the power of the Word of God in your pocket. And because it's on your smartphone, which is almost always with you, you're ready to resist the devil whenever and wherever he attacks ... The app conception stemmed from Charisma House's upcoming book, Silence Satan by Kyle Winkler, which releases in September. Winkler is founder of Kyle Winkler Ministries, a media and teaching ministry broadcasting on the Christian Television Network."

Fennario

#766659 Aug 9, 2014
Huh wrote:
The precoming knocked up Mary. After all, she was still a virgin. He only put in the tip.
So who busted Mary's cherry? It might have been the first and last one broken from the inside out.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#766660 Aug 9, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "proper" interpretation according to what?
The United States Constitution, text and intent.

You haven't heard of it?

Oh...I forgot you live in The Peoples Republic of California.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#766661 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
We all make our own choices and have to live (and die) with them. You can't blame someone else for your doings.....
Ok I agree with that
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
The spoon didn't make you fat, you did.....
You're assumint the person you are responding to is fat.....
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
The war on drugs didn't make you smoke crack, that's your choice.
another assumption

You belief in a supreme omniscient sky daddy made you addicted to religion and other fairy tales
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
The man doesn't keep you down, your keep yourself down.....
Really, tell that to blacks who have been discriminated against under Jim Crow laws and bigotry today. Tell that to women who make .75 cents on the dollar compared to a man.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't send you to hell, you send yourself there.....
Really?? acoording to your religion the only way into heaven is through Jesus. What about those billions souls who never were exposed to the Jesus because of where and when they were born.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#766662 Aug 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Science fights back:
Free Smartphone App Promises the Power to Silence Satan
http://www.charismanews.com/culture/44850-fre...
"The Shut Up, Devil! app is an innovative resource that puts the power of the Word of God in your pocket. And because it's on your smartphone, which is almost always with you, you're ready to resist the devil whenever and wherever he attacks ... The app conception stemmed from Charisma House's upcoming book, Silence Satan by Kyle Winkler, which releases in September. Winkler is founder of Kyle Winkler Ministries, a media and teaching ministry broadcasting on the Christian Television Network."
Will that work on my Obamaphone?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#766663 Aug 9, 2014
UIdiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>What Stil and many ConnedSErvative want is Internal Instability and wars, money to be made in arms race...
Yeah, I make a lot of money on the side selling F-18s.

Here's an arms race.

I get my arm around your neck and you see if you can race away before I choke you out.

Fennario

#766666 Aug 9, 2014
Huh wrote:
you forgot the Jewy Jews. Prepare for air strikes.
You reminded me of a bit from Lewis Black
&t= 25m58s

"And yet every Sunday I turn on the television set, and there’s a priest or a pastor reading from my book, and interpreting it, and their interpretations, I have to tell you, are usually wrong. It’s not their fault, because it’s not their book. You never see a rabbi on the TV interpreting the New Testament, do you? If you want to truly understand the Old Testament, if there is something you don’t quite get, there are Jews who walk among you, and they—I promise you this—will take time out of their very Jewy, Jewy day, and interpret for you anything that you’re having trouble understanding. And we will do that, if, of course, the price is right."

Catcher1

Manhattan Beach, CA

#766667 Aug 9, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The United States Constitution, text and intent.
You haven't heard of it?
Oh...I forgot you live in The Peoples Republic of California.
Aha, "text and intent."

And Buck decides the intent.

And anybody who disagrees with you is wrong.

That would be the U.S. Buckstitution.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766669 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:

Save it. What science "knows" is usually laughable, especially when they are talking about things like other habitable planets. It's all speculation, not fact.
This is the product of faith based thought. It adds nothing.
Are you saying that it isn't speculation?

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#766670 Aug 9, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I agree with that
<quoted text>
You're assumint the person you are responding to is fat.....
<quoted text>
another assumption
You belief in a supreme omniscient sky daddy made you addicted to religion and other fairy tales
<quoted text>
Really, tell that to blacks who have been discriminated against under Jim Crow laws and bigotry today. Tell that to women who make .75 cents on the dollar compared to a man.
<quoted text>
Really?? acoording to your religion the only way into heaven is through Jesus. What about those billions souls who never were exposed to the Jesus because of where and when they were born.
According to the Bible Jesus descended into Hell and preached the " word" and freed the souls who had not heard the "word"

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#766671 Aug 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Did you ever answer this:
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote: Regarding Joy, that depends on how long she's been on government assistance and how long she plans to stay on it. Can you answer that?
IANS wrote: No. Why is that a factor? If she was capable of working, she should have been working whether that's been a month or ten years
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote: And I wouldn't just say that's regarding her, I would say that's regarding anyone receiving government assistance of any kind. There are many Americans that are in genuine need of help, be it medical, food, housing, etc and most Americans agree that we need to help them out. But there are the seedy ones, the scumbags that are choosing not to work and instead are using government assistance as a way of life instead of a quick help, like it's supposed to be. Which is she? I don't know.
IANS wrote: Joyful sounds like one of those "scumbags" that chooses to not work to me. Would you agree that if she could have been working but chose not to, that she qualifies as a scumbag by your definition?
Yes I already answered that.

I'll answer again.

Yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Mr Wiggley 31,172
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Duhhh 286,585
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 687,325
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 6 hr may i suggest 2
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 hr lightbeamrider 4,316
Investigations of DCF in CT (Dec '08) 9 hr Always aware 91
Are Quadroons and Griffes Considered Mulatto? (Aug '10) 13 hr Dona 33
More from around the web