“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#765816 Aug 7, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wow, what awesome wit....
yawn...
Most here would rather hear my 'wit' that to hear you talk about your circumcision again.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#765817 Aug 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to say that. It's a lie, but you are free to say it.
So now I'm a liar?

What's my lie?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#765818 Aug 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
So this restaurant was giving a 15% discount to folks that said Grace before their meal.
http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/local/201...
Freaktard atheists had a conniption fit. Christian persecution at its finest.
How is that persecuting Christians? As the Christians themselves noted, "We are no longer issuing the 15% praying in public discount. It is illegal" as would be a 15% surcharge added onto the checks of people caught praying before their meals.

No special rights for Christians.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#765819 Aug 7, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> I am not on any Psychotropics.
I think you're rather funny and I do like reading your post.
Hmm, Psychotropics....That must be somewhere near Vero beach.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#765820 Aug 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a scientific journal of math and physics.
Sorry you don't like it.
You were looking for Crothers on Facebook. So I'm sure a physics journal would not be your cup of tea.
There is no "like" to click on.
By the way, are you aware that wiki is notoriously unreliable on science matters?
Wiki and Facebook - Christine's research library.

You are sure are strange, investing everything in a astrophysicist you call a moron and idiot.
Who wrote a sciency story about black holes you don't understand.
Is your donut halo slipping? I think it's covering your eyes. hahahaha

Since: Aug 14

Kingsport, TN

#765821 Aug 7, 2014
The question is,'Prove there's a god."

Satan is the god of this world. Just turn on the news and see murder, theft, rape... To believe in the God of Love and Mercy can only come by faith and that faith has to be given to you by God. No one can say Jesus is Lord, the Son of God our Father in heaven, without the Holy Spirit.

I was addicted to a quart of whiskey a day. I lost three jobs by calling in sick and buying a bottle in the morning. Then, another when that was gone afternoon. Two quarts a day for a week. I got fired, cleaned up and got another job. This happened three times. I was being evicted and made an enemy who wanted to kill me. I prayed to God in the name of Jesus the Christ. And in that One Day I was set free from my alcohol addiction. It's all uphill from now out of my pit. Faith comes from hearing,(testimonies) and the word of God. The God of Israel.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#765822 Aug 7, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, Psychotropics....That must be somewhere near Vero beach.
Fort Walton Beach

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#765823 Aug 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
At the invitation of the editors who have not stopped laughing since?
Do you really suppose an honourable journal is going to get all hot and bothered over the discredited work of a PhD failure?
I just looked up a wiki on Progress in physics
“Progress in Physics is an American *alternative* science journal”
“The journal *describes* itself as peer-reviewed”
“The referees of the papers published are *not listed*, although anonymity of referees is specifically criticized in "Article 8: Freedom to publish scientific results" of the Declaration of Academic Freedom.*This document harshly criticizes the current peer-review system using the words "censorship", "alleged expert referees", "blacklisting", and "bribes".*
Yeah go buck, you got a “proper” scientific journal there... LOL... you really are so sad.
Assailing him personally is your substitute for actual criticism. You know nothing else to assail him with, and you are not smart enough to recognize a legitimate case against him if you saw it.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#765824 Aug 7, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that persecuting Christians? As the Christians themselves noted, "We are no longer issuing the 15% praying in public discount. It is illegal" as would be a 15% surcharge added onto the checks of people caught praying before their meals.
The owner didn't provide the discount to any and all that prayed in her diner. She let the waitstaff decide when a discount was 'deserved' on an individual basis. One of her patrons (a Christian) posted a picture of a receipt, with discount, on Facebook... eventually leading to full-blown public disclosure. Even if the prospect of legal action hadn't been brought to her attention, how long would it have been before the owner stopped providing the discount altogether anyway?

A 15% percent discretionary discount every once in a while isn't that big of a deal... the owner could afford it... and was happy to provide it.

15% discounts for all...

<Shhhhh. Don't tell everyone.>

Whoops!

Dratted Facebook!

Location hidden

#765825 Aug 7, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So now I'm a liar?
What's my lie?
Your lie is that there is zero evidence for a god.

Even after you conceded there is.

Location hidden

#765826 Aug 7, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What law does it violate?

San Francisco, CA

#765827 Aug 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lie is that there is zero evidence for a god.
Even after you conceded there is.
Once again, you are being dishonest.

To repeat: I began by stating that I find zero evidence for a god. Then I indulged you and said that, assuming arguendo that you could posit some sort of "circumstantial" evidence--which you hadn't even specified, by the way--any such evidence would be insufficient under any standard.

Again, I have not conceded that there is evidence. I find no evidence. Want to show me what you consider to be evidence of a god? Or do you just want to attack my person, by repeatedly calling me a liar?

If the latter is the case, I'm done with this discussion.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#765828 Aug 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Today’s science has no real comparison in past centuries.
We did not evolve directly from apes, we are from the line that diverged from the great apes millions of years ago.
But we know this. Two separate studies (maybe more by now) have shown that humans carry a percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood. This can only mean that some of our ancestors had sex with Neanderthals and produced fertile offspring. Neanderthal DNA is different than humans…they were not human.
Hybrids normally do not produce fertile offspring. That means what you depict as Neanderthal were Humans.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#765829 Aug 7, 2014
Arnoldj777 wrote:
The question is,'Prove there's a god."
Satan is the god of this world. Just turn on the news and see murder, theft, rape... To believe in the God of Love and Mercy can only come by faith and that faith has to be given to you by God. No one can say Jesus is Lord, the Son of God our Father in heaven, without the Holy Spirit.
I was addicted to a quart of whiskey a day. I lost three jobs by calling in sick and buying a bottle in the morning. Then, another when that was gone afternoon. Two quarts a day for a week. I got fired, cleaned up and got another job. This happened three times. I was being evicted and made an enemy who wanted to kill me. I prayed to God in the name of Jesus the Christ. And in that One Day I was set free from my alcohol addiction. It's all uphill from now out of my pit. Faith comes from hearing,(testimonies) and the word of God. The God of Israel.
Amen!! Very thorough and helpful post.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#765830 Aug 7, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
I thought both the book and the movie were excellent. Am surprised that an indoctrinated person likes it.
analmonotony likes anything showcasing hatred and violence. She eats larvae, too:

Location hidden

#765831 Aug 7, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you are being dishonest.
To repeat: I began by stating that I find zero evidence for a god. Then I indulged you and said that, assuming arguendo that you could posit some sort of "circumstantial" evidence--which you hadn't even specified, by the way--any such evidence would be insufficient under any standard.
Again, I have not conceded that there is evidence. I find no evidence. Want to show me what you consider to be evidence of a god? Or do you just want to attack my person, by repeatedly calling me a liar?
If the latter is the case, I'm done with this discussion.
I'll retract the accusation of lying, and settle for you not knowing what evidence is.

That's a generous assumption I'm allowing you. Because you SHOULD know what evidence is.

But if you say that's how it is, I will allow it.

Location hidden

#765832 Aug 7, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>

Amen!! Very thorough and helpful post.

Thanks, man.

San Francisco, CA

#765833 Aug 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What law does it violate?
Years ago, I represented a large public utility company. The company made a mistake in the gas metering for one residential customer, placing a decimal point three numbers removed, so that the customer was being charged one one-thousandth of what he should have been charged. The customer had a large house, with a huge outdoor swimming pool. When he saw how small his gas bills were (pennies!), he began to keep his pool heated to 84 degrees, and did so during the entire cold, bitter winter. His gas usage was enormous.

Eventually my client became aware of its error, and sent the customer an additional bill, reflecting the true cost of the gas he had used. The bill was well into five figures. The customer objected, claiming that it was the company's fault, hence the company had to eat the loss. The company took the position that the customer had to know he was being undercharged for the use, and took unfair advantage by running up the use.

I argued the case a bit differently (although also stressing that the customer had to know there was a mistake). My argument was that the utility company cannot legally discriminate by charging one customer a different amount than is charged by other customers, for the same amount of service.

The court seemed to agree with my argument, pointing out that the customer should not be able to receive a windfall, at the expense of other customers.

Mid-trial, we settled.

Catch the analogy?

San Francisco, CA

#765834 Aug 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll retract the accusation of lying, and settle for you not knowing what evidence is.
That's a generous assumption I'm allowing you. Because you SHOULD know what evidence is.
But if you say that's how it is, I will allow it.
Thanks.

But you haven't presented your evidence.

Location hidden

#765835 Aug 7, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Years ago, I represented a large public utility company. The company made a mistake in the gas metering for one residential customer, placing a decimal point three numbers removed, so that the customer was being charged one one-thousandth of what he should have been charged. The customer had a large house, with a huge outdoor swimming pool. When he saw how small his gas bills were (pennies!), he began to keep his pool heated to 84 degrees, and did so during the entire cold, bitter winter. His gas usage was enormous.
Eventually my client became aware of its error, and sent the customer an additional bill, reflecting the true cost of the gas he had used. The bill was well into five figures. The customer objected, claiming that it was the company's fault, hence the company had to eat the loss. The company took the position that the customer had to know he was being undercharged for the use, and took unfair advantage by running up the use.
I argued the case a bit differently (although also stressing that the customer had to know there was a mistake). My argument was that the utility company cannot legally discriminate by charging one customer a different amount than is charged by other customers, for the same amount of service.
The court seemed to agree with my argument, pointing out that the customer should not be able to receive a windfall, at the expense of other customers.
Mid-trial, we settled.
Catch the analogy?
No, it's not analogous at all.

But I also have occasionally made a mistake with my gas metering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
REAL Music!!!!!! Part III !!!!!!! 2 min Doctor REALITY 3
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min The truth works 3,334
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 min andet1987 5,830
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 4 min Free Will 221,803
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min duststorm 442,809
I Got AIDS from a Gay Wedding Cake! 8 min andet1987 4
the REAL REASON Bruce Jenner thinks he's a 'woman' 11 min Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min hojo 583,961
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min His Eminency dr S... 611,843
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 43 min WasteWater 98,969
More from around the web