Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#765827 Aug 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lie is that there is zero evidence for a god.
Even after you conceded there is.
Once again, you are being dishonest.

To repeat: I began by stating that I find zero evidence for a god. Then I indulged you and said that, assuming arguendo that you could posit some sort of "circumstantial" evidence--which you hadn't even specified, by the way--any such evidence would be insufficient under any standard.

Again, I have not conceded that there is evidence. I find no evidence. Want to show me what you consider to be evidence of a god? Or do you just want to attack my person, by repeatedly calling me a liar?

If the latter is the case, I'm done with this discussion.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#765828 Aug 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Today’s science has no real comparison in past centuries.
We did not evolve directly from apes, we are from the line that diverged from the great apes millions of years ago.
But we know this. Two separate studies (maybe more by now) have shown that humans carry a percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood. This can only mean that some of our ancestors had sex with Neanderthals and produced fertile offspring. Neanderthal DNA is different than humans…they were not human.
Hybrids normally do not produce fertile offspring. That means what you depict as Neanderthal were Humans.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#765829 Aug 7, 2014
Arnoldj777 wrote:
The question is,'Prove there's a god."
Satan is the god of this world. Just turn on the news and see murder, theft, rape... To believe in the God of Love and Mercy can only come by faith and that faith has to be given to you by God. No one can say Jesus is Lord, the Son of God our Father in heaven, without the Holy Spirit.
I was addicted to a quart of whiskey a day. I lost three jobs by calling in sick and buying a bottle in the morning. Then, another when that was gone afternoon. Two quarts a day for a week. I got fired, cleaned up and got another job. This happened three times. I was being evicted and made an enemy who wanted to kill me. I prayed to God in the name of Jesus the Christ. And in that One Day I was set free from my alcohol addiction. It's all uphill from now out of my pit. Faith comes from hearing,(testimonies) and the word of God. The God of Israel.
Amen!! Very thorough and helpful post.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#765830 Aug 7, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
I thought both the book and the movie were excellent. Am surprised that an indoctrinated person likes it.
analmonotony likes anything showcasing hatred and violence. She eats larvae, too:

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#765831 Aug 7, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you are being dishonest.
To repeat: I began by stating that I find zero evidence for a god. Then I indulged you and said that, assuming arguendo that you could posit some sort of "circumstantial" evidence--which you hadn't even specified, by the way--any such evidence would be insufficient under any standard.
Again, I have not conceded that there is evidence. I find no evidence. Want to show me what you consider to be evidence of a god? Or do you just want to attack my person, by repeatedly calling me a liar?
If the latter is the case, I'm done with this discussion.
I'll retract the accusation of lying, and settle for you not knowing what evidence is.

That's a generous assumption I'm allowing you. Because you SHOULD know what evidence is.

But if you say that's how it is, I will allow it.

Location hidden

#765832 Aug 7, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>

Thanks, man.

Fremont, CA

#765833 Aug 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What law does it violate?
Years ago, I represented a large public utility company. The company made a mistake in the gas metering for one residential customer, placing a decimal point three numbers removed, so that the customer was being charged one one-thousandth of what he should have been charged. The customer had a large house, with a huge outdoor swimming pool. When he saw how small his gas bills were (pennies!), he began to keep his pool heated to 84 degrees, and did so during the entire cold, bitter winter. His gas usage was enormous.

Eventually my client became aware of its error, and sent the customer an additional bill, reflecting the true cost of the gas he had used. The bill was well into five figures. The customer objected, claiming that it was the company's fault, hence the company had to eat the loss. The company took the position that the customer had to know he was being undercharged for the use, and took unfair advantage by running up the use.

I argued the case a bit differently (although also stressing that the customer had to know there was a mistake). My argument was that the utility company cannot legally discriminate by charging one customer a different amount than is charged by other customers, for the same amount of service.

The court seemed to agree with my argument, pointing out that the customer should not be able to receive a windfall, at the expense of other customers.

Mid-trial, we settled.

Catch the analogy?

Fremont, CA

#765834 Aug 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll retract the accusation of lying, and settle for you not knowing what evidence is.
That's a generous assumption I'm allowing you. Because you SHOULD know what evidence is.
But if you say that's how it is, I will allow it.
Thanks.

But you haven't presented your evidence.

Location hidden

#765835 Aug 7, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Years ago, I represented a large public utility company. The company made a mistake in the gas metering for one residential customer, placing a decimal point three numbers removed, so that the customer was being charged one one-thousandth of what he should have been charged. The customer had a large house, with a huge outdoor swimming pool. When he saw how small his gas bills were (pennies!), he began to keep his pool heated to 84 degrees, and did so during the entire cold, bitter winter. His gas usage was enormous.
Eventually my client became aware of its error, and sent the customer an additional bill, reflecting the true cost of the gas he had used. The bill was well into five figures. The customer objected, claiming that it was the company's fault, hence the company had to eat the loss. The company took the position that the customer had to know he was being undercharged for the use, and took unfair advantage by running up the use.
I argued the case a bit differently (although also stressing that the customer had to know there was a mistake). My argument was that the utility company cannot legally discriminate by charging one customer a different amount than is charged by other customers, for the same amount of service.
The court seemed to agree with my argument, pointing out that the customer should not be able to receive a windfall, at the expense of other customers.
Mid-trial, we settled.
Catch the analogy?
No, it's not analogous at all.

But I also have occasionally made a mistake with my gas metering.

Location hidden

#765836 Aug 7, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>

Thanks, Joy.

Location hidden

#765837 Aug 7, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
But you haven't presented your evidence.
Stop playing dumb.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#765838 Aug 7, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
The owner didn't provide the discount to any and all that prayed in her diner. She let the waitstaff decide when a discount was 'deserved' on an individual basis. One of her patrons (a Christian) posted a picture of a receipt, with discount, on Facebook... eventually leading to full-blown public disclosure. Even if the prospect of legal action hadn't been brought to her attention, how long would it have been before the owner stopped providing the discount altogether anyway?
A 15% percent discretionary discount every once in a while isn't that big of a deal... the owner could afford it... and was happy to provide it.
15% discounts for all...
<Shhhhh. Don't tell everyone.>
Whoops!
Dratted Facebook!
Laffin.

Does speakin' in tounges count?

"Abbalabba blah blah blah"...

Hiya, Hukt.

Fennario

#765839 Aug 7, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
The question deserves an answer: If your sadistic god and the hell and it is said to have built were real, and mankind had the ability to kill it by slitting its throat in order to release the billions of souls that you believe that it is keeping conscious to torture for eternity, why wouldn't that be the highest moral good possible and the greatest act of love ever? Please feel free to answer, or, if you can't, just belly up and concede that there is no good answer other than that it would be a supreme free the human race from such a monster.
pusherman_ wrote:
Something Satan would say for a thousand Alex! Gdam dude, and you call the religious delusional. What kinda question is that?
An excellent one.
pusherman_ wrote:
So you're Implying murder and violence are okay as long as it serves the well being of man? You sound as violent as any sect, denomination, or creed that I know of, only diff is that your religion has no weight to carry out the deeds.
Anybody that slayed the monster entombing millions of souls in a torture chamber would be a hero. Slaughtering the monstrous god that did it would be mercy. Justice would be torturing it for eternity.

From Juice: http://i.imgur.com/yHdB6jL.jpg

Do you really want to take the side of a god like that? Or are you just afraid not to?

Fennario

#765840 Aug 7, 2014
Your explanation need to be explained. If intelligence comes only from intelligence, where did your god come from?
lightbeamrider wrote:
If explanations need explanations, as you insist, then explain how the laws of physics and chemistry causes simple structures to organize.
I didn't claim that explanations need explanations. I claimed that YOUR explanation needed an explanation. And I'm still waiting for your answer.

If you want to understand chemistry and physics, buy a book.

By coincidence, I happen to presently be in the early parts of a video on the formation of the earth. They are discussing how the gas and dust of the primordial solar system organized itself into a planet.This link takes you to precisely that part of the video. In this case, the answer is that static cling caused small pieces of mineral to adhere to one another to form rocks, which later collected together following collisions, and eventually organized themselves into an oblate spheroid under the power of gravity.

&t= 3m3s

Do you really care?

Location hidden

#765841 Aug 7, 2014
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. We can prove very little.
Then the thread is irrelevant since it is prove God. So? What are you doing here?
There is no burden here at all except to solve nature's mysteries.

And you are on the side of all life and intelligence from non life and non intelligent sources for no reason. Oh wait a minute, you say there is a reason even if there is no intelligence involved in the cause.
life and intelligence evolved from non-life for a reason: the laws of physics and chemistry cause simpler structures to organize
How? Your explanation needs an explanation according to your standards.
----------
If matter self assembles into say DNA then why does the assembly of a jet aircraft require a factory and intelligence?
That's why we don't have much regard for your scientific opinions. They're severely deformed by your faith.
Your response does not make sense. It is a question not related to my faith. You did not answer.
----------
Does the human eye self assemble?
Who assembled yours?
Well i was thinking along the terms of all the energy coming in from the sun and the laws of physics and chemistry causing simpler structures to organize according to your position it would seem reasonable you must assume the human eye came about as a result of those all those laws and not intelligence. Do you have any engineering skills? Mechanic background?

Fremont, CA

#765842 Aug 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not analogous at all.
But I also have occasionally made a mistake with my gas metering.
But what if the guy had used an infinite amount of gas?

How much would be left for the other customers?

Fremont, CA

#765843 Aug 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop playing dumb.
Sometimes I do that, and when the defender becomes complacent I dribble right around him.

Works every time.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#765844 Aug 7, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
An excellent one.
<quoted text>
Anybody that slayed the monster entombing millions of souls in a torture chamber would be a hero. Slaughtering the monstrous god that did it would be mercy. Justice would be torturing it for eternity.
From Juice: http://i.imgur.com/yHdB6jL.jpg
Do you really want to take the side of a god like that? Or are you just afraid not to?
The point was that your thinking is no better than anyone else's IANS.
I don't see it as taking sides anymore than anyone that opposes your view, which is tic for tac.
Afraid not to take sides with a God like that? No. I live the way I wanna live and IF my punishment warrants Hell, then so be it. No need to fear it, it will come deservingly.
The religion of atheism would be as Just and cruel as any Christianity majority, probably more so.
I personally don't think the weaker of society would stand a chance against it..Hell, we barely survive now..
Freedom "of" religion gives you that so you and other club members of atheism can sit and bytch about religion, but it doesn't exempt you "from" religious laws that govern the country.
you want exempted "from" the same laws that everyone follows even Christians. I was on a thread the other day where satanist wanted exempt from a contraceptive law or something and why should they be? they attend the Church of Satan but don't want religious laws applied to them.
Bunch of whiny as$ bytches if you ask me..

Location hidden

#765845 Aug 7, 2014
I didn't claim that explanations need explanations. I claimed that YOUR explanation needed an explanation. And I'm still waiting for your answer.
I have answered that. It is an interesting response and says a lot about you. You exempt yourself from the expectations you impose on others. Is consistent with your character.
If you want to understand chemistry and physics, buy a book.
What do you know about engineering?
By coincidence, I happen to presently be in the early parts of a video on the formation of the earth. They are discussing how the gas and dust of the primordial solar system organized itself into a planet.This link takes you to precisely that part of the video. In this case, the answer is that static cling caused small pieces of mineral to adhere to one another to form rocks, which later collected together following collisions, and eventually organized themselves into an oblate spheroid under the power of gravity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =B_ZzTmzN-D0XX&t=3m3s
Do you really care?
They can theorize on the process but they really cannot explain the why. A theoretical process does not rule out an Intelligent Cause.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#765846 Aug 7, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Hybrids normally do not produce fertile offspring. That means what you depict as Neanderthal were Humans.
Human and Neanderthal genes are not a match. They were not humans. Different skulls, different brain mass, different bones, different heights.

Neanderthal DNA comes close to human, but is not. We have the complete genome sequence of both humans and Neanderthals now.

“Modern humans, Neanderthals, and their sister lineage, Denisovans, descended from a common ancestor. The ancestors of modern humans broke off from this single branch more than 500,000 years ago. The Neanderthals split from the Denisovans sometime later. The Neanderthals formed their own lineage that lived in Europe and Asia from around 200,000 years ago to 30,000 years ago. There's also a period when scientists believe that Neanderthals and ancient humans overlapped and interbred.”
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/neanderthal-dn...

“Neanderthal DNA bears on several debates concerning the origins of modern humans. What was the relationship between Neanderthals and anatomically modern Homo sapiens? Did Neanderthals and anatomically modern humans interbreed? Did Neanderthals contribute to the modern genome? How much? Scientists answer these questions by comparing Neanderthal DNA and mtDNA to that of modern humans.”
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sexy sister and my girlfriend family holiday 22 min cool 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 25 min Steve III 45,018
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min onemale 281,495
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min Steve III 650,851
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 56,497
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 183,001
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 2 hr patsy the shared ... 42
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Toby 106,105
More from around the web