Prove there's a god.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#765439 Aug 6, 2014
"As an aside, I also find it interesting that Mr. Crothers has become aligned with the Electric Universe (EU) advocates. Mr. Crothers' understanding of physics seems to rely on some rather bizarre interpretations of mathematics that keep it disconnected with real physical theories. Yet comparison of mathematical models against observations and/or experiments is a key component of valid science. If Crothers chooses to dismiss such validation, he is admitting that he is not doing science."

Key point here - "Crothers...is not doing science."

http://dealingwithcreationisminastronomy.blog...

Buck, your heroes are mocked by scientists for their sloppy and religiously biased work.

Therefore your criticisms of me are fine praise. Thank you.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#765440 Aug 6, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Hawking's paper isn't science yet. It's also just a suggestion for how we should model the phenomena classical physics labels black holes.
2. Crothers is a creationist idiot. He denies Einstein's general theory of relativity - a theory demonstrated correct at every turn. It's never been disproved.
And, no, Hawking's new model isn't a demonstration of disproof of Einstein. If you think that, you simply don't understand physics. Given how you've characterized the entire Hawking's paper on one sentence, though...
It isn't science yet?

What is it - Art? Music?

You have no idea how ridiculous you are.

Your comment about Crothers is outright falsehood.

You should have just said, "I Shun Thee!"

Location hidden

#765441 Aug 6, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You did no such thing. You just showed me one more fallacy of theistic reason.
Which you utilized in your science conclusion.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#765442 Aug 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
As to tasks required of you, like separating whites and colors, you are on very unequal footing with Joyful. You exploited the inequality for gratuitous satisfaction, when it had nothing to do with the subject matter, so far as I know. Whether that reflects well or poorly, I'll leave to you.
You're entering this in the middle, Buck.

As far as inequality does, she chose to target me. I tried to reason with her, but she would have none of it. If she can't take the blowback, then she made a tactical error, didn't she?

Do you think I should forgive her? Do you think I should give her a pass?

Location hidden

#765443 Aug 6, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not overstating my case. Evolution demonstrates that deities don't create new lifeforms, that all life is descended from earlier life - hence no special creation.
You seem to be talking about the beginning of life here - and you're wrong there, too. There is no evidence for deities and not a single one of our sciences incorporate deities into their theories. Additionally, all evidence in biology, molecular biology, chemistry and geology suggest abiogenesis occurred. The details are being worked out via hypothesis testing.
It's amazing that, against all scientific progress, against all of the incorrect religious and dualism postulates that science has demonstrated false, you still suggest that a religious explanation of the beginning of life is more plausible. Sorry, Buck, none of the theoretical frameworks or hypotheses produced by science incorporate deities - none needed. Matter is self-organizing via energy.
Just because we don't have abiogenesis fully worked out isn't a reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater, toss our arms in the air and pick some fictional account of creation.
Well, nope. You're going to have to pony up some evidence for your claims. Otherwise, you're only spouting a mythological belief system.
Yammer, yammer,...

Evolution does not demonstrate that all life descended from earlier life. In fact, it could not have, because there was a period of no life on the planet. Evolution demonstrates how life progressed, i.e., change in allelic frequency - your definition. It says nothing about the origin of life - as you yourself have stated on Topix.

Now you treat us to a different tale, contradicting your earlier one.

"No evidence for deities" does not aid your thesis at all. You're just yammering. Your thesis was that evolution destroys special creation, not that it supplies no evidence. That is a far cry from "no evidence", as you are claiming disproof.

You are first and foremost a philosopher, and you like the science that agrees with your philosophy. If it does not agree, you will twist it, distort it, or flatly contradict yourself to make it agree.

You can't have it both ways - deny that evolution addresses origins, then utilize evolution to address origins.

Location hidden

#765444 Aug 6, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
"As an aside, I also find it interesting that Mr. Crothers has become aligned with the Electric Universe (EU) advocates. Mr. Crothers' understanding of physics seems to rely on some rather bizarre interpretations of mathematics that keep it disconnected with real physical theories. Yet comparison of mathematical models against observations and/or experiments is a key component of valid science. If Crothers chooses to dismiss such validation, he is admitting that he is not doing science."
Key point here - "Crothers...is not doing science."
http://dealingwithcreationisminastronomy.blog...
Buck, your heroes are mocked by scientists for their sloppy and religiously biased work.
Therefore your criticisms of me are fine praise. Thank you.
You can copy and paste anti-creationist blogs.

How brilliant.

You neglected to include Crothers' reply to that very criticism you copied.

Unlike what you copied, which is inuendo, guilt by association, and opinion, Crothers' reply is scientific, detailed, and reflects an advanced understanding of mathematics and physics.

Here it is. Enjoy at your leisure.

http://www.sjcrothers.plasmaresources.com/REP...

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#765445 Aug 6, 2014
http://www.cfaith.com/index.php/article-displ...

Five Ways to Hear from God = Written by Sandra Hughes

You CAN Hear From Heaven!
If you don't think someone wants to talk to you then you probably won't go near them. God created you in His image. He started out in the Garden of Eden fellowshipping with His creation, and He wants your fellowship too. Scripture says that He thinks good thoughts toward you that He wants to give you a hope and peace for your outcome.

Throughout the Bible, He says words like hearken diligently to My voice; listen to these words I'm speaking to you today; and hear Me now in this…. He wouldn't say things like that and then not give us the ability to do it.

It amazes me how many people don't believe that God would ever have anything to say to them. The very One that created you and gave you the breathe of life has so much he wants to share with you so draw near and listen.
He Gives Us Ears to Hear!
If you want to hear from God - you can but you've got to have faith that He wants to talk to you. Next, look at the word heart - you'll notice that e-a-r is in the center - that's the ear of your heart.

Have you ever had your ears stopped up, making it difficult to hear? It's the same thing with your heart. If your heart is cluttered, you may not be able to hear from God like you should.

Psalm 24 talks about being in a place of contact with God, "who shall go up to the mountain of the Lord? Or who shall stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart…."

It's not difficult to maintain a pure heart. If you confess your sin He is faithful and just to forgive you of your sin and cleanse you from all unrighteousness. So, dig out the ears of your heart and you'll be amazed at how clearly you'll hear God's voice.
We Are Sons of God
The Word says that as many as are lead by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God. As a born-again believer, you have been equipped with an inside leader called the Holy Ghost. He will show you those things to come and teach you those things you don't yet know.

Daniel describes Him as "He who reveals the profound and hidden things, He knows what is in the darkness and the light dwells in Him." This same light is in you! It is the light of revelation that can only come by the Spirit of God dwelling in you.

It is the Lord's will for you to hear from heaven so that you have the wisdom and insight needed to be successful in life. Go to God in faith knowing that He wants to speak to you. Find scriptures like John 16:13 - "He will disclose to you what is to come…He will guide you in all truth." God has something to say to you - so draw near to Him!
It Is God's Will
It is God's will for you to hear from heaven. Have you ever had a scripture jump out at you while reading your Bible? Or have you ever had the Word that is stored in your heart "come to light"? That's God speaking to you.

When the Lord speaks to you in these ways - His word is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword. It brings the exact answer or direction you need.

From your soul comes your mind, will and emotions. From your born-again spirit comes the "God" part of you. This living word divides the soul and spirit. It clears the path between what God is saying and what your own will or emotions are saying - revealing the thoughts, intents and purposes of your heart and you'll know with confidence when God really speaking to you. Draw near to God, listening to His Word in your heart.
We Are Spirit Led
The Lord is our shepherd and He leads His sons by the Spirit. You may be in a place where His voice is not booming down from heaven but He can still be leading and guiding you. Isaiah says - you'll go out with joy and be lead forth with peace.

Location hidden

#765446 Aug 6, 2014
http://www.cfaith.com/index.php/article-displ ...

continued...

Five Ways to Hear from God = Written by Sandra Hughes

How does it feel in your spirit as you make steps in a certain direction? Is there joy and peace or is something saying, "this is not right." Having joy and peace doesn't mean it will always be easy but as you make steps He gives the strength and confidence to do what He is leading you to do.

Peace, or lack of it, is one of God's ways of speaking to you. Don't discount it because it is not a dramatic vision or prophecy. The Lord could be showing you that you are mature and spiritually developed enough to obey His gentle promptings. So, draw near to God and obey the inward witness.
Remember, You CAN hear from heaven! But you've got to have faith that He wants to talk to you. Keep a pure heart and obey the leading of the Great Shepherd - you will find yourself in the center of His will.

Location hidden

#765447 Aug 6, 2014
Good morning all. May God be with you all throughout your day/night. Love, joy, peace, and happiness sent your way from God and I. Glory to God!!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#765448 Aug 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help you there.
Since they only exist in your head, maybe you can just leave them there.
I think you have infinite space for them.
You're such an idiot, you think because you believe black holes don't exist.
Coupled with your misunderstanding of a opinion piece paper written by Hawking makes your belief real? turbo doofus

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#765449 Aug 6, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I'm not overstating my case. Evolution demonstrates that deities don't create new lifeforms,
Yeah, they create themselves for no reason.
that all life is descended from earlier life - hence no special creation.
All life all intelligence from non life for no reason. That's science?
You seem to be talking about the beginning of life here - and you're wrong there, too. There is no evidence for deities and not a single one of our sciences incorporate deities into their theories.
Then they assume non life and non intelligence? Sounds dogmatic to assume no intelligence. One can make distinctions between natural effects and intelligent effects in the macro world. Grand Canyon (natural) as opposed to Empire State Building (Intelligence). Everything in the micro is assumed unguided processes. Non intelligent and non life as th source no matter the obvious intricate design.
Additionally, all evidence in biology, molecular biology, chemistry and geology suggest abiogenesis occurred.
How did it occur. Why did it occur. What was the cause?
The details are being worked out via hypothesis testing.
LOL. Will be saying the same thing 10 years from now..........

Location hidden

#765450 Aug 6, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entering this in the middle, Buck.
As far as inequality does, she chose to target me. I tried to reason with her, but she would have none of it. If she can't take the blowback, then she made a tactical error, didn't she?
Do you think I should forgive her? Do you think I should give her a pass?
Admittedly, I have not followed the history. I don't mean to advise you.

I would not expect you to give her a pass. But utilizing the economic inequality in the matter presents what could strike the casual observer as elitism.

That's just my opinion.

Location hidden

#765451 Aug 6, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such an idiot, you think because you believe black holes don't exist.
Coupled with your misunderstanding of a opinion piece paper written by Hawking makes your belief real? turbo doofus
Maybe I misunderstood "There are no black holes..."

Maybe he meant "There are black holes..."

It's Hawking's belief. But he doesn't understand his own belief, according to you.

Why don't you explain to Hawking what he believes, since he doesn't know?

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#765452 Aug 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't science yet?
What is it - Art? Music?
It's an opinion piece, it contains no math, it is also untestable.
Even if it had supporting calculus, it would only be "theoretical".
But this is just like Krauss, Universe from nothing.
So it's an appeal to authority for you, and a appeal to an audience for him.
He has your head spinning, you're dizzy and , you feel feint ....maybe you should lay down.

Some stable somewhere

#765453 Aug 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't science yet?
What is it - Art? Music?
It's an unpublished paper. It's not science until it's been through the peer review process. Even then, it's speculative since it does not have hypothesis testing to back up its assertions.

Wow, Buck. If you don't understand this level of science, I understand why you believe in intelligent design - based on the above, you are unable to differentiate what is and is not science, and choose what to believe by cherry picking what agrees with your worldview.

Sorry baby, that's weak sauce.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#765454 Aug 6, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
What makes you think I go to my Bible to answer science questions?... Why do atheists always seem to revert to that lame argument of assuming that the Bible is referred to as a science textbook?
Perhaps because theist treat their bible stories as science. They have been trying for decades to insert them in science books. Those stories were taught as the literal truth about the natural history, structure, and workings of the cosmos - i.e, scientific fact - for centuries.

Didn't you compile this list?

"Creation and abiogenesis aren't the only two hypotheses, theories or guesses as to where life came from. There's Panspermia, Biopoesis, Cosmogeny, Endosymbiosis, Spontaneous Generation, Clay Theory, Materialistic Theory, Organic Evolution and Creation Theory."

Some stable somewhere

#765455 Aug 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Which you utilized in your science conclusion.
No I did not.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#765456 Aug 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I misunderstood "There are no black holes..."
Maybe he meant "There are black holes..."
It's Hawking's belief. But he doesn't understand his own belief, according to you.
Why don't you explain to Hawking what he believes, since he doesn't know?
I don't have a belief , in Hawking or black holes.
But we all know what you're full of..lol

Some stable somewhere

#765457 Aug 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Yammer, yammer,...
Yes, I agree. Your post consists entirely of the above. For example:
Evolution does not demonstrate that all life descended from earlier life.
Yes it does, but don't let reality stop you. Please support your statement above with evidence.
In fact, it could not have, because there was a period of no life on the planet.
Wow, seriously? The above is the most ignorant statement you have uttered. There was no period where life was not on the planet, huh? After it formed, it was utterly inhospitable to life.

Are you espousing a young earth view here?
Evolution demonstrates how life progressed, i.e., change in allelic frequency - your definition. It says nothing about the origin of life - as you yourself have stated on Topix.
Yes. You've got that one bit right! Woohooo! Nice.
Now you treat us to a different tale, contradicting your earlier one.
Uh...you can't just state that without also demonstrating where I contradict myself.

Sorry, I made no claim to evolution also explaining abiogenesis - except in the fact that evolutionary processes in non-life chemistry, i.e., organic chemistry, i.e., the non-life replicators, eventually led to life.

However, the evolution of life - no, had nothing to do with abiogenesis.
"No evidence for deities" does not aid your thesis at all. You're just yammering.
So far you haven't backed up a thing you have claimed. Yammer-yammer, sir Buck.
Your thesis was that evolution destroys special creation, not that it supplies no evidence. That is a far cry from "no evidence", as you are claiming disproof.
Yes, evolution demonstrates that no species was created. In other words, it destroys special creation.
You are first and foremost a philosopher, and you like the science that agrees with your philosophy. If it does not agree, you will twist it, distort it, or flatly contradict yourself to make it agree.
You can't have it both ways - deny that evolution addresses origins, then utilize evolution to address origins.
No to both accounts. I'm not a philosopher. I'm a social scientist. And you are a writer.

Some stable somewhere

#765458 Aug 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You can copy and paste anti-creationist blogs.
How brilliant.
You neglected to include Crothers' reply to that very criticism you copied.
Unlike what you copied, which is inuendo, guilt by association, and opinion, Crothers' reply is scientific, detailed, and reflects an advanced understanding of mathematics and physics.
Here it is. Enjoy at your leisure.
http://www.sjcrothers.plasmaresources.com/REP...
Sorry baby, Crother's reply is not scientific. I understand that you believe that but, once again, science is determined by consensus of professionals working in the field. Ergo, nothing Crother's writes is scientific - he was booted out of his PhD program for being a quack.

It's like you are telling me that one guy who refuses to use modern medicine, and repeatedly fails to learn about the germ theory of disease, and so subsequently is kicked out of medical school is actually a doctor.

Nope. He's a quack. I understand that his belief system matches yours and that you want very badly for him to be correct, but the reality is he's just spouting nonsense. Clever, carefully articulated nonsense - just like the ID people - but nonsense all the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Trump 2016 29,592
_ 7 YR Agreement -- ANTICHRIST & ISRAEL _ 2 min panties8128 2
Wtf 3 min Juicez7300 2
"After" Spurs DESTROY Thunder, will Durant beco... 5 min Lovey392 2
How can i install Diablo 3 7 min Flavor7955 2
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min Plumz3898 18,495
If you dare date a nigerian man. (Aug '13) 10 min Raspberry1718 78
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min Rosesz 637,863
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 50 min Flavor7922 617,950
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 51 min Juicez7300 43,887
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 13 hr Johnny 3,700
More from around the web