Prove there's a god.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#764743 Aug 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That buck, dislike him you dislike America, prove him wrong and you prove America wrong, show distain for his god dunitwiv magic claims and you dislike America.
It is a common failing of so many egotestical (correct spelling) American godbots.
The subject was American actions in WWII, Christine, not me.

If you ever got anywhere near proving me wrong, I would exit the thread forever.

Know why?

Because you are a rank idiot. Your entire worldview is based on snippets you read, which you do not understand, and could not understand if you wished to.

Intellectually, you are below average. That puts you well out of reach of me, or of proving me wrong about anything.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#764744 Aug 4, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So, do you believe black holes don't exist?
The basis for the existence of black holes is fiction.

To begin with, true singularities and infinite density are impossible.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#764745 Aug 4, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So, do you believe black holes don't exist?
Stephen Hawking now says they do not exist. And he's almost as smart as me.

It was his work that forms much of the basis for them.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#764746 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
One of the top sinners against Science Religion. Maybe the devil himself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =A4GFAjX62YgXX
Hey Buck.

"Science Religion"? Science is devastating religion without trying. The church has responded in its usual way, Here's an excerpt from an episode of Cosmos outlining the relationship between faith and science:

[Giordano] Bruno … couldn't keep his soaring vision of the cosmos to himself, despite the fact that the penalty for doing so in his world was the most vicious form of cruel and unusual punishment. Giordano Bruno lived at a time when there was no such thing as the separation of church and state, or the notion that freedom of speech was a sacred right of every individual. Expressing an idea that didn't conform to traditional belief could land you in deep trouble.

Recklessly, Bruno returned to Italy. Maybe he was homesick. But still, he must have known that his homeland was one of the most dangerous places in Europe he could possibly go.
The Roman Catholic Church maintained a system of courts known as the Inquisition, and its sole purpose was to investigate and torment anyone who dared voice views that differed from theirs.

It wasn't long before Bruno fell into the clutches of the thought police. This wanderer, who worshiped an infinite universe, languished in confinement for eight years. Through relentless interrogations, he stubbornly refused to renounce his views.

Why was the Church willing to go to such lengths to torment Bruno? What were they afraid of? If Bruno was right, then the sacred books and the authority of the Church would be open to question. Finally, the cardinals of the Inquisition rendered their verdict.

“You are found guilty of questioning the Holy Trinity and the divinity of Jesus Christ …Of asserting the existence of other worlds. All of the books you have written will be gathered up and burned in St. Peter's Square … You shall be turned over to the Governor of Rome to administer the appropriate punishment for those who will not repent.”

[Animation of them burning Bruno alive.]

Ten years after Bruno's martyrdom, Galileo first looked through a telescope, realizing that Bruno had been right all along. The Milky Way was made of countless stars invisible to the naked eye, and some of those lights in the sky were actually other worlds.

=======

I don't think the campaign to portray evidence and reason based thought as religious has gained too much traction outside of faith based circles. Do you?

I posted this comment to another poster about a week ago. Maybe you'd like to field it::

"You're a vector for one of the commonest meme's in apologetics: that atheism and/or evolution are faith based beliefs and religions. Do you know why the church promotes this meme? What do you think it stands to gain by making this argument? "

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#764747 Aug 4, 2014
Well, off to do the many things a Mother does. Lots of cleaning, laundry, and other things to get done. Blessings to you all.

IANS, I hope you find happiness and joy in your life and cease being the biased, hateful, sad, and miserable person that you currently are. Blessings to you and yours.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#764748 Aug 4, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Is that it?
Gdam, you're going soft drill sargent.
Okay then, how was your wkend?
Other than the miserable weather it was very nice thanks.

I am not going to reciprocate by asking how your weekend was because I don’t really care

#764749 Aug 4, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
God is great !!:)
i have this mole on my skin just below my neck. it just appeared recently. it even became swollen and growing in size. the doctor told me it is benign.
but today, when i woke up, oh my, it shrunk and became smaller.
and today, i also found out there is a mole removal cream.
thank you God.:)
What god is that? Dermatend, the god of mole removal creams.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#764750 Aug 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than the miserable weather it was very nice thanks.
I am not going to reciprocate by asking how your weekend was because I don’t really care
hahaha thank you

#764751 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject was American actions in WWII, Christine, not me.
If you ever got anywhere near proving me wrong, I would exit the thread forever.
Know why?
Because you are a rank idiot. Your entire worldview is based on snippets you read, which you do not understand, and could not understand if you wished to.
Intellectually, you are below average. That puts you well out of reach of me, or of proving me wrong about anything.
The post I replied to was written by Hiding and it read :-“I like America, and Americans. You guys are generally pretty honest people. Well, the people I've met personally I guess. Not always the people on here.”
I can see it referred to people she has met and people on topix but I cannot for the life of me see any reference to WW2 in that posts... can you?

Oh honey, I have proved you wrong often, the real problem is that you are such an egotestical (correct spelling) moron that you need to rely on the word of educationally failed creatard because you are incapable of comprehending that you get you butt slapped daily.

#764752 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Stephen Hawking now says they do not exist. And he's almost as smart as me.
It was his work that forms much of the basis for them.
We have been here before and I pointed out with reference to the original paper that you are a cherry picking lying moron. I even provided a link to the paper in from which you make your claim and which shows you to be wrong.

And of course when I did point out your stupidity you went off on a different track because you refused to face the truth that the FACTS shows you to be a liar. And what happens, you try the same trick all over again.

Round and round you go, where you stop nobody knows

Fennario

#764753 Aug 4, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
No dear, my daughter is going to be a Veterinarian, no matter what it takes and my son - well at 5 he says a firefighter or police officer. My daughter already has her plans made - Purdue University. Btw, thanks for helping me make the decision to home school my children. You helped me realize that I can absolutely do the better/best job of it.
Your daughter will be at a huge disadvantage competing against peers not raised with Christian anti-scientism.

Also, the faith based thinking that you are teaching her will undermine her efforts think rigorously, which will undermine her ability to learn the science.Science is evidence and reason based.

So, if you're planning to home school your kids, make sure to include something practical and within your grasp in the lesson plan such as, "Would you like fries with that?"
Joyful8118 wrote:
Bless you and yours.
You, too.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#764754 Aug 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Buck.
"Science Religion"? Science is devastating religion without trying. The church has responded in its usual way, Here's an excerpt from an episode of Cosmos outlining the relationship between faith and science:
[Giordano] Bruno … couldn't keep his soaring vision of the cosmos to himself, despite the fact that the penalty for doing so in his world was the most vicious form of cruel and unusual punishment. Giordano Bruno lived at a time when there was no such thing as the separation of church and state, or the notion that freedom of speech was a sacred right of every individual. Expressing an idea that didn't conform to traditional belief could land you in deep trouble.
Recklessly, Bruno returned to Italy. Maybe he was homesick. But still, he must have known that his homeland was one of the most dangerous places in Europe he could possibly go.
The Roman Catholic Church maintained a system of courts known as the Inquisition, and its sole purpose was to investigate and torment anyone who dared voice views that differed from theirs.
It wasn't long before Bruno fell into the clutches of the thought police. This wanderer, who worshiped an infinite universe, languished in confinement for eight years. Through relentless interrogations, he stubbornly refused to renounce his views.
Why was the Church willing to go to such lengths to torment Bruno? What were they afraid of? If Bruno was right, then the sacred books and the authority of the Church would be open to question. Finally, the cardinals of the Inquisition rendered their verdict.
“You are found guilty of questioning the Holy Trinity and the divinity of Jesus Christ …Of asserting the existence of other worlds. All of the books you have written will be gathered up and burned in St. Peter's Square … You shall be turned over to the Governor of Rome to administer the appropriate punishment for those who will not repent.”
[Animation of them burning Bruno alive.]
Ten years after Bruno's martyrdom, Galileo first looked through a telescope, realizing that Bruno had been right all along. The Milky Way was made of countless stars invisible to the naked eye, and some of those lights in the sky were actually other worlds.
=======
I don't think the campaign to portray evidence and reason based thought as religious has gained too much traction outside of faith based circles. Do you?
I posted this comment to another poster about a week ago. Maybe you'd like to field it::
"You're a vector for one of the commonest meme's in apologetics: that atheism and/or evolution are faith based beliefs and religions. Do you know why the church promotes this meme? What do you think it stands to gain by making this argument? "
I'm not a church, nor am I promoting anything in service to a church.

The point I'm making, and it is a valid one, is that the functionaries of science, in numerous cases, treat their findings with religious faith, rather than examining the conclusions for "evidence and reasoning".

The two examples I chose are cosmology and climate science.

In both, scientists promote certain ideas with a faith analogous to religious belief, even when shown to be wrong. When their models are proven wildly inaccurate, and the predictions turn out wildly wrong, their is no mea culpa. The failure is treated as an anomaly, kinda' like Christian' unanswered prayers.

And dissidents are treated much like Bruno, although with less proclivity for violence.

Then the poor global warming scientists get trapped in record-level Antarctic ice.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#764755 Aug 4, 2014
1300 posts in just a few days? Hold carp. What'd I miss? Is Stalin still considered a Christian by the atheists? Is the USA still a war mongering country? Is Jesus all a myth still? If I say anything about gays that isn't status quo, am I still a homophobe?

Nothing changed? Huh...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#764756 Aug 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
We have been here before and I pointed out with reference to the original paper that you are a cherry picking lying moron. I even provided a link to the paper in from which you make your claim and which shows you to be wrong.
And of course when I did point out your stupidity you went off on a different track because you refused to face the truth that the FACTS shows you to be a liar. And what happens, you try the same trick all over again.
Yup. Nothin's changed...

Fennario

#764757 Aug 4, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
No IANS, every teacher and everyone else always gushes about how smart, well-behaved, respectful, and kind my children are.
I don't believe you. Your word means nothing. You have been lying here for weeks.
Joyful8118 wrote:
I know how to raise kind, respectful, smart, well-behaved children.
There you go again. How could you raise such children when you possess none of those qualities yourself?

You live in a dream world, the kind that faith based thinkers are so good at spinning.

Fennario

#764758 Aug 4, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
God is great !!:) i have this mole on my skin just below my neck. it just appeared recently. it even became swollen and growing in size. the doctor told me it is benign. but today, when i woke up, oh my, it shrunk and became smaller. and today, i also found out there is a mole removal cream. thank you God.:)
That's how you define great?
Joyful8118 wrote:
God exists. God is great!!
Yay Magic |Jesus!

"Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down. down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it." – Dan Barker

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#764759 Aug 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:

Your daughter will be at a huge disadvantage competing against peers not raised with Christian anti-scientism.
Also, the faith based thinking that you are teaching her will undermine her efforts think rigorously, which will undermine her ability to learn the science.Science is evidence and reason based.
So, if you're planning to home school your kids, make sure to include something practical and within your grasp in the lesson plan such as, "Would you like fries with that?"
<quoted text>
You, too.
Yes because it's terrible (and should be a crime) to teach your kids to review the evidence for the theory of evolution and decide on your own position. Instead we should just teach them that it's a fact, deal with it.

We'll just forget that when assumptions and conjecture are taught as fact, the next generation does not realize that they are building their own assumptions on somebody else’s assumptions.

Yeah, let's just forget all that and assume that if "science" is in the header, it's true.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#764760 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a church, nor am I promoting anything in service to a church.
The point I'm making, and it is a valid one, is that the functionaries of science, in numerous cases, treat their findings with religious faith, rather than examining the conclusions for "evidence and reasoning".
The two examples I chose are cosmology and climate science.
In both, scientists promote certain ideas with a faith analogous to religious belief, even when shown to be wrong. When their models are proven wildly inaccurate, and the predictions turn out wildly wrong, their is no mea culpa. The failure is treated as an anomaly, kinda' like Christian' unanswered prayers.
And dissidents are treated much like Bruno, although with less proclivity for violence.
Then the poor global warming scientists get trapped in record-level Antarctic ice.
They goofed, man. They've changed it to "climate change" now. No more global warming.

The climate changes. Huh. That means we should all buy a Prius to save the environment.

Then vacation in another country and ignore the airplane's exhaust.

Seems legit.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#764761 Aug 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I would prefer Hawking speak for himself, rather than let an idiot like you speak for him:

"The absence of event horizons means that there are no black holes, in the sense of regimes from which light can't escape,"

-Stephen Hawking, January 22, 2014 at the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics in Santa Barbara, California.

The defining element of black holes is an event horizon which acts as a firewall from which nothing can escape, including light. Hawking removes the firewall - and without the event horizon what is being theorized is no longer a "black" hole, by definition. No firewall - then it is not "black".

Take it up with Hawking if you disagree that he did not say what he says.

You stupid moron.

#764762 Aug 4, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Nothin's changed...
Buck certainly hasn’t – and quite probably can’t

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min As It Is 26,213
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,757
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 58
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 4 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 5 hr YTube 1st 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Here For Now 619,748
More from around the web