Location hidden

#764476 Aug 3, 2014
Thank you..

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#764477 Aug 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Infinity Church is not the only faith on display in this precinct.
There is the Earth Church
This sect is led by scientists called "Climatologists" and have some kind of strange fondness for Polar Bears and government research grant money.
Their armageddon is predicted for 2013.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
You may want to check out the Holy Church of Catcher.

It even has its own (currently inactive) thread.

Best Happy Hour anywhere.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#764478 Aug 3, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Hachioji, a city in Greater Tokyo with about a half-million residents, was once the gruesome place where captured American airmen were beheaded with Samurai swords. American pilots retaliated, adopting the phrase,“Save one for Hachioji,” meaning that they would reserve one bomb from their scheduled drops to hit Hachioji. Elderly residents of Hachioji are still traumatized by the massive destruction, so much that our planes are forbidden from flying over Hachioji today.
http://the-cochran-clan.blogspot.com/
1. You got that from a blog. Not a history source. So I have issues believing the truth, but here, also from a blog: "When I was stationed in Japan 1967-69, it was rumored not to venture near Hachioji, as they weren't too fond of Americans there. The story claimed aircrews would "Save one for Hachioji," since an aircrew was downed there and all were killed. I don't recall if the story was that the civilians killed them or they were beheaded.

However, in my research of B-29s, specifically the 315th Bomb Wing, I'm not sure of the validity of saving a bomb for a single city. In most cases, after the aircrew dropped their bomb load, even if they were able to save one, they were mostly interested in getting away from Japan, not risk flying to some small village to avenge an aircrews death. Just my opinion on the situation."

http://forum.armyairforces.com/quotSave-one-f...

2. It was war. Tough. We each bombed cities, soldiers were killed on both sides - tough. Additionally, the gov't here made sure our citizens "knew" that you were cannibals and would eat us.

3. The war is over young man. You won. Congratulations! You have bases lingering on our soil.

4. Hachioji is a very fun city now. It harbors no harsh memories for Americans, and foreigners are treated as guests, with respect. Please see the city website for details on how to live:

"Hachioji International Association provides various supports for foreign residents/ international students. It also holds events that let cultural exchanges between citizens and foreign residents."

http://www.city.hachioji.tokyo.jp/english/437...

5. It's actually one of the friendliest cities in Tokyo, perhaps b/c of its poverty. I don't live there, but I've always had a special place in my heart for "8 towns."

If you show up, I'll give you the tour.

6. You know where Americans are treated with less respect? In areas surrounding your bases. Your soldiers are young, expect to get laid at every opportunity, and don't respect or understand Japanese culture or language. So if you want to be treated with less respect, visit Japanese suburbs that surround American bases - Hachioji isn't like that, not even one bit. It's a very friendly city.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#764479 Aug 3, 2014
hahaha!

"believing it's the truth"

Not "believing the truth" though that is, admittedly, a lot funnier.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#764480 Aug 3, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
1. You got that from a blog. Not a history source. So I have issues believing the truth, but here, also from a blog: "When I was stationed in Japan 1967-69, it was rumored not to venture near Hachioji, as they weren't too fond of Americans there. The story claimed aircrews would "Save one for Hachioji," since an aircrew was downed there and all were killed. I don't recall if the story was that the civilians killed them or they were beheaded.
However, in my research of B-29s, specifically the 315th Bomb Wing, I'm not sure of the validity of saving a bomb for a single city. In most cases, after the aircrew dropped their bomb load, even if they were able to save one, they were mostly interested in getting away from Japan, not risk flying to some small village to avenge an aircrews death. Just my opinion on the situation."
The city was rebuilt when i was there and we were told to stay away from Hachoili because they resented Americans. It was leveled by American bombs for a reason and it was not on account of military significance.
6. You know where Americans are treated with less respect? In areas surrounding your bases.
Like the Honcho outside Yokosuka? Agree. Is the Green Door still around? How bout Tom Popo's? The Green Door was a whorehouse and Tom's was a place for Americans to get BJs. Yeah Japanese culture.
Your soldiers are young, expect to get laid at every opportunity, and don't respect or understand Japanese culture or language.
They do not want to be there anymore than you want them there. Yeah, they do want to get laid. So what. There were plenty of Japanese women willing to accommodate them for a price.
So if you want to be treated with less respect, visit Japanese suburbs that surround American bases - Hachioji isn't like that, not even one bit. It's a very friendly city.
Before i left Japan my ship pulled out. I had opportunity to witness all the Japanese wives of American servicemen out there cheating on their husbands in broad daylight. They acted like they did not know me. But, you know it is all relative. Philippines was even worse.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#764482 Aug 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>You may want to check out the Holy Church of Catcher.

It even has its own (currently inactive) thread.

Best Happy Hour anywhere.
Every time I look for it, I cannot find it.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764483 Aug 3, 2014
A Formal Satire wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is your definition of "God," then god is a vacuous concept, devoid of meaning. You act as though humanity must be in a state or worship at all times.
Not even a dint of a god.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764484 Aug 3, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that makes you kind of a liar.
When you first started posting here you said you didn't know what you believed and you wanted to talk to believers and non-believers alike.
But, apparently, that was all a ruse because you were really here to evangelize.
Classy.
There is not the slightest idea of a god at any time.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764485 Aug 3, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what you think your god's "true word" would have been had it written it itself. All that matters is what's in the book. It calls you a second class person - not even a second class citizen. You do women everywhere a disservice by promoting Christianity.
And of course you have no answer for why a loving god that wants to be known, understood and loved back would allow its message to be corrupted like that. I do. It doesn't exist. Obviously.
Of course there was never such a Thing like a god at all.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764486 Aug 3, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that makes you kind of a liar.
When you first started posting here you said you didn't know what you believed and you wanted to talk to believers and non-believers alike.
But, apparently, that was all a ruse because you were really here to evangelize.
Classy.
Never mind there is no such a Thing like a god and there was never be such a Thing at all. We don`t Need such a funny Thing.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764487 Aug 3, 2014
Hootus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pure evil. This entire thread is evil.
Childish, not at all.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764488 Aug 3, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
May you all be filled with the Holy Spirit and allow God to come into your hearts and souls. God exists. God loves you. Accept him as your Lord and Savior.
Let it flow
Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.– John 4:14
Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Gentleness. Goodness. Faith. Meekness. Temperance. Powerful forces the Bible calls the fruit of the Spirit. They're the character traits of God Himself and when the Holy Spirit came to dwell in you, He brought them with Him, so they could become your character traits too.
They're designed to bubble up inside you, to gush forth like a powerful stream constantly protecting and cleansing you from the inside out.
Have you ever noticed that you can't put any trash in the mouth of a flowing fountain? When it's shooting that water up, the force of its own outflow protects it and keeps it clear of any impurities from the outside. Well, the spiritual fountain within you works the same way. When you're allowing the forces of love and joy and peace and gentleness and all the others to flow out, the devil can't get any of his junk in.
How do you keep the Spirit flowing? You pump your heart so full of the Word of God that the forces of eternal life start bubbling out. Just a little at first...and then stronger and higher.
Choose to keep those forces streaming out of the fountain of your heart. Refuse to let selfishness and sin stop the flow. You have a fountain filled with unbeatable LIFE forces inside you and it's ready to come forth. Let it flow!
Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 17:7-1
http://devotion.wedaretobelieve.com/
The bible originates at the Stone Age. Forget this Piece of shit.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764489 Aug 3, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Randy Travis - Worship and Faith
Very uplifting and inspiring album. Hope you all enjoy.all this
God Bless you all this wonderful Sunday morning.
Forget all this childish trash.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764490 Aug 3, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
THE NINE SATANIC STATEMENTS
1. Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence!
2. Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5. Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek!
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic
vampires!
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than
those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual
development", has become the most vicious animal of all!
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or
emotional gratification!
9. Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all
these years!
(FIRE)
THE BOOK OF SATAN THE INFERNAL DIATRIBE
The first book of the Satanic Bible is not an attempt to blaspheme as much as it is a statement of what might be termed "diabolical indignation". The Devil has been attacked by the men of God relentlessly and without reservation. Never has there been an opportunity, short of fiction, for the Dark Prince to speak out in the same manner as the spokesmen of the Lord of the Righteous. The pulpit-pounders of the past have been free to define "good" and "evil" as they see fit, and have gladly smashed into oblivion any who disagree with their lies - both verbally and, at times, physically. Their talk of "charity", when applied to His Infernal Majesty, becomes an empty sham - and most unfairly, too, considering the obvious fact that without their Satanic foe their very religions would collapse. How sad, that the allegorical personage most responsible for the success of spiritual religions is shown the least amount of charity and the most consistent abuse - and by those who most unctuously preach the rules of fair play! For all the centuries of shouting-down the Devil has received, he has never shouted back at his detractors. He has remained the gentleman at all times, while those he supports rant and rave. He has shown himself to be a model of deportment, but now he feels it is time to shout back. He has decided it is finally time to receive his due. Now the ponderous rule- books of hypocrisy are no longer needed. In order to relearn the Law of the Jungle, a small, slim diatribe will do. Each verse is an inferno. Each word is a tongue of fire. The flames of Hell burn fierce ... and purify! Read on and learn the Law.
It never ceases to amaze; just how much christians behave like Satanists, minus the awesome humour of course.
There was never such a Thing like a Devil.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#764491 Aug 3, 2014
henry you don't say much but when you do, you're to the point..
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764492 Aug 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Infinity Church is not the only faith on display in this precinct.
There is the Earth Church
This sect is led by scientists called "Climatologists" and have some kind of strange fondness for Polar Bears and government research grant money.
Their armageddon is predicted for 2013.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
The Armageddon was just a fake no more.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#764493 Aug 3, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
May you all be filled with the Holy Spirit and allow God to come into your hearts and souls. God exists. God loves you. Accept him as your Lord and Savior.
/
May the patron saint of question dodgers bless you for your continued devotion...

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#764494 Aug 3, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The city was rebuilt when i was there and we were told to stay away from Hachoili because they resented Americans. It was leveled by American bombs for a reason and it was not on account of military significance.
<quoted text> Like the Honcho outside Yokosuka? Agree. Is the Green Door still around? How bout Tom Popo's? The Green Door was a whorehouse and Tom's was a place for Americans to get BJs. Yeah Japanese culture. <quoted text> They do not want to be there anymore than you want them there. Yeah, they do want to get laid. So what. There were plenty of Japanese women willing to accommodate them for a price. <quoted text> Before i left Japan my ship pulled out. I had opportunity to witness all the Japanese wives of American servicemen out there cheating on their husbands in broad daylight. They acted like they did not know me. But, you know it is all relative. Philippines was even worse.
You're not really a person remember? You don't give out personal information, remember?
People say they go to Japan, and never want to leave.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764495 Aug 3, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Let it flow
Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.– John 4:14
Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Gentleness. Goodness. Faith. Meekness. Temperance. Powerful forces the Bible calls the fruit of the Spirit. They're the character traits of God Himself and when the Holy Spirit came to dwell in you, He brought them with Him, so they could become your character traits too.
They're designed to bubble up inside you, to gush forth like a powerful stream constantly protecting and cleansing you from the inside out.
Have you ever noticed that you can't put any trash in the mouth of a flowing fountain? When it's shooting that water up, the force of its own outflow protects it and keeps it clear of any impurities from the outside. Well, the spiritual fountain within you works the same way. When you're allowing the forces of love and joy and peace and gentleness and all the others to flow out, the devil can't get any of his junk in.
How do you keep the Spirit flowing? You pump your heart so full of the Word of God that the forces of eternal life start bubbling out. Just a little at first...and then stronger and higher.
Choose to keep those forces streaming out of the fountain of your heart. Refuse to let selfishness and sin stop the flow. You have a fountain filled with unbeatable LIFE forces inside you and it's ready to come forth. Let it flow!
Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 17:7-1
http://devotion.wedaretobelieve.com/
There is no god and the bible is a relict of the Stone Age.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764496 Aug 3, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my Light and my Salvation—whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?
The bible is a relict of the Stone Age.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 281,220
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Rosesz 646,332
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 59 min River Tam 47,918
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 1 hr BobbyReal 32
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Judgment Day Watc... 618,609
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 2 hr Lils 42
Vote for Euro 2016, free game 3 hr Aaron0562 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Annaleigh 105,574
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 5 hr WasteWater 2,012
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 11 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web