Prove there's a god.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764492 Aug 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Infinity Church is not the only faith on display in this precinct.
There is the Earth Church
This sect is led by scientists called "Climatologists" and have some kind of strange fondness for Polar Bears and government research grant money.
Their armageddon is predicted for 2013.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
The Armageddon was just a fake no more.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#764493 Aug 3, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
May you all be filled with the Holy Spirit and allow God to come into your hearts and souls. God exists. God loves you. Accept him as your Lord and Savior.
/
May the patron saint of question dodgers bless you for your continued devotion...

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#764494 Aug 3, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The city was rebuilt when i was there and we were told to stay away from Hachoili because they resented Americans. It was leveled by American bombs for a reason and it was not on account of military significance.
<quoted text> Like the Honcho outside Yokosuka? Agree. Is the Green Door still around? How bout Tom Popo's? The Green Door was a whorehouse and Tom's was a place for Americans to get BJs. Yeah Japanese culture. <quoted text> They do not want to be there anymore than you want them there. Yeah, they do want to get laid. So what. There were plenty of Japanese women willing to accommodate them for a price. <quoted text> Before i left Japan my ship pulled out. I had opportunity to witness all the Japanese wives of American servicemen out there cheating on their husbands in broad daylight. They acted like they did not know me. But, you know it is all relative. Philippines was even worse.
You're not really a person remember? You don't give out personal information, remember?
People say they go to Japan, and never want to leave.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764495 Aug 3, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
May you all be filled with the Holy Spirit and allow God to come into your hearts and souls. God exists. God loves you. Accept him as your Lord and Savior.
Let it flow
Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.– John 4:14
Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Gentleness. Goodness. Faith. Meekness. Temperance. Powerful forces the Bible calls the fruit of the Spirit. They're the character traits of God Himself and when the Holy Spirit came to dwell in you, He brought them with Him, so they could become your character traits too.
They're designed to bubble up inside you, to gush forth like a powerful stream constantly protecting and cleansing you from the inside out.
Have you ever noticed that you can't put any trash in the mouth of a flowing fountain? When it's shooting that water up, the force of its own outflow protects it and keeps it clear of any impurities from the outside. Well, the spiritual fountain within you works the same way. When you're allowing the forces of love and joy and peace and gentleness and all the others to flow out, the devil can't get any of his junk in.
How do you keep the Spirit flowing? You pump your heart so full of the Word of God that the forces of eternal life start bubbling out. Just a little at first...and then stronger and higher.
Choose to keep those forces streaming out of the fountain of your heart. Refuse to let selfishness and sin stop the flow. You have a fountain filled with unbeatable LIFE forces inside you and it's ready to come forth. Let it flow!
Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 17:7-1
http://devotion.wedaretobelieve.com/
There is no god and the bible is a relict of the Stone Age.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764496 Aug 3, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my Light and my Salvation—whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?
The bible is a relict of the Stone Age.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764497 Aug 3, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that makes you kind of a liar.
When you first started posting here you said you didn't know what you believed and you wanted to talk to believers and non-believers alike.
But, apparently, that was all a ruse because you were really here to evangelize.
Classy.
You will be a poor guy if you want to evangelize educated People.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#764498 Aug 3, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The city was rebuilt when i was there and we were told to stay away from Hachoili because they resented Americans. It was leveled by American bombs for a reason and it was not on account of military significance.
Wow. So you are saying the non-military targets, the people and children of Hachioji were bombed by the American military for vengeance?

What could be more abominable than that?
Like the Honcho outside Yokosuka? Agree. Is the Green Door still around? How bout Tom Popo's? The Green Door was a whorehouse and Tom's was a place for Americans to get BJs. Yeah Japanese culture.
Love your holier than thou voice.

You mean "American military culture imposed on conquered peoples."
They do not want to be there anymore than you want them there.
Of course they want to be here! When's the last time you spoke to a 20 something year old recruit? They want to see the world.
Yeah, they do want to get laid. So what. There were plenty of Japanese women willing to accommodate them for a price.
Wow, off on so many points.

1. You're a Christian and you're telling me that American Christian young men want to sinfully have sex out of wedlock. I have no issues with this, but you're a hypocrite.

2. Japanese young women have sex because they want to have sex, baby. It has nothing to do with money. If Americans need to go to prostitutes, they suck at picking up girls. Since you think that way, you have no skills, bro.
Before i left Japan my ship pulled out. I had opportunity to witness all the Japanese wives of American servicemen out there cheating on their husbands in broad daylight. They acted like they did not know me. But, you know it is all relative. Philippines was even worse.
Can't really speak to that. Waaaaaay before my time - and you already established yourself an a dishonest, unreliable source, since you have no issues whatsoever cherry picking your data points.

If your one friend's wife cheated on him, probably he was beating her, didn't treat her right, didn't respect her culture, was cheating on her himself, or did something else wrong.

btw, all your above comments were heavily racist. You're basically trying to bait me by proclaiming Japanese women to be "bad." I don't mind. I expect that from someone like you.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764499 Aug 3, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
THE BOOK OF SATAN
III
1. "Love one another" it has been said is the supreme law, but what power made it so? Upon what rational authority does the gospel of love rest? Why should I not hate mine enemies - if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?
2. Is it natural for enemies to do good unto each other - and WHAT IS GOOD?
3. Can the torn and bloody victim "love" the blood-splashed jaws that rend him limb
from limb?
4. Are we not all predatory animals by instinct? If humans ceased wholly from preying
upon each other, could they continue to exist?
5. Is not "lust and carnal desire" a more truthful term to describe "love" when applied to
the continuance of the race? Is not the "love" of the fawning scriptures simply a
euphemism for sexual activity, or was the "great teacher" a glorifier of eunuchs?
6. Love your enemies and do good to them that hate and use you - is this not the
despicable philosophy of the spaniel that rolls upon its back when kicked?
7. Hate your enemies with a whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek, SMASH him
on the other!; smite him hip and thigh, for self-preservation is the highest law!
8. He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog!
9. Give blow for blow, scorn for scorn, doom for doom - with compound interest
liberally added thereunto! Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, aye four-fold, a hundred-fold! Make yourself a Terror to your adversary, and when he goeth his way, he will possess much additional wisdom to ruminate over. Thus shall you make yourself respected in all the walks of life, and your spirit - your immortal spirit - shall live, not in an intangible paradise, but in the brains and sinews of those whose respect you have gained.
The Stone Age is gone for a long time. Now we have the nuclear Age and as capitalism is concerned we as a race will not survive.

Some stable somewhere

#764500 Aug 3, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
How bout Tom Popo's?
You spelled the above wrong, btw. Unless they were making fun of you, it's tanpopo, which means "dandelion."

It's funny you blame us for your whorehouses. That's like blaming a whore for screwing a john.

Do you have morals or are they just derived from your deity?

Because you're doing a fantastic job here representing Christianity. I love how you justify bombing noncombatants - i.e., children and families - then blaming the desperately poor for working as sex slaves so they could feed their families.

Well done, Lightbeamrider, you Christian you.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764501 Aug 3, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
THE BOOK OF SATAN
III
1. "Love one another" it has been said is the supreme law, but what power made it so? Upon what rational authority does the gospel of love rest? Why should I not hate mine enemies - if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?
2. Is it natural for enemies to do good unto each other - and WHAT IS GOOD?
3. Can the torn and bloody victim "love" the blood-splashed jaws that rend him limb
from limb?
4. Are we not all predatory animals by instinct? If humans ceased wholly from preying
upon each other, could they continue to exist?
5. Is not "lust and carnal desire" a more truthful term to describe "love" when applied to
the continuance of the race? Is not the "love" of the fawning scriptures simply a
euphemism for sexual activity, or was the "great teacher" a glorifier of eunuchs?
6. Love your enemies and do good to them that hate and use you - is this not the
despicable philosophy of the spaniel that rolls upon its back when kicked?
7. Hate your enemies with a whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek, SMASH him
on the other!; smite him hip and thigh, for self-preservation is the highest law!
8. He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog!
9. Give blow for blow, scorn for scorn, doom for doom - with compound interest
liberally added thereunto! Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, aye four-fold, a hundred-fold! Make yourself a Terror to your adversary, and when he goeth his way, he will possess much additional wisdom to ruminate over. Thus shall you make yourself respected in all the walks of life, and your spirit - your immortal spirit - shall live, not in an intangible paradise, but in the brains and sinews of those whose respect you have gained.
All religions is childish and a fake or even worse a crime. Such a Thing like a satan is laughable like all such trash. Only uneducated People can be indoctrinated with such rubbish.

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#764502 Aug 3, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I look for it, I cannot find it.
Well, I'll be.

I'm going to send out a posse.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#764503 Aug 3, 2014
henry wrote:
<quoted text>There was never such a Thing like a Devil.
I know, just didn't want Joy to feel all alone in spamming the thread.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764504 Aug 3, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Let it flow
Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.– John 4:14
Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Gentleness. Goodness. Faith. Meekness. Temperance. Powerful forces the Bible calls the fruit of the Spirit. They're the character traits of God Himself and when the Holy Spirit came to dwell in you, He brought them with Him, so they could become your character traits too.
They're designed to bubble up inside you, to gush forth like a powerful stream constantly protecting and cleansing you from the inside out.
Have you ever noticed that you can't put any trash in the mouth of a flowing fountain? When it's shooting that water up, the force of its own outflow protects it and keeps it clear of any impurities from the outside. Well, the spiritual fountain within you works the same way. When you're allowing the forces of love and joy and peace and gentleness and all the others to flow out, the devil can't get any of his junk in.
How do you keep the Spirit flowing? You pump your heart so full of the Word of God that the forces of eternal life start bubbling out. Just a little at first...and then stronger and higher.
Choose to keep those forces streaming out of the fountain of your heart. Refuse to let selfishness and sin stop the flow. You have a fountain filled with unbeatable LIFE forces inside you and it's ready to come forth. Let it flow!
All what would "stream" out would be reasonable science. That would give your life a sense of reason.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#764505 Aug 3, 2014
Oh poor, poor baby Just Think. I didn't answer it's questions. If you don't realize it, I ignore you too and I don't have to answer them. :) Have a joy-filled day. May God fill your heart and soul. God bless you and yours. God exists. God loves you. I pray you will accept him as your Lord and Savior.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764506 Aug 3, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You got that from a blog. Not a history source. So I have issues believing the truth, but here, also from a blog: "When I was stationed in Japan 1967-69, it was rumored not to venture near Hachioji, as they weren't too fond of Americans there. The story claimed aircrews would "Save one for Hachioji," since an aircrew was downed there and all were killed. I don't recall if the story was that the civilians killed them or they were beheaded.
However, in my research of B-29s, specifically the 315th Bomb Wing, I'm not sure of the validity of saving a bomb for a single city. In most cases, after the aircrew dropped their bomb load, even if they were able to save one, they were mostly interested in getting away from Japan, not risk flying to some small village to avenge an aircrews death. Just my opinion on the situation."
http://forum.armyairforces.com/quotSave-one-f...
2. It was war. Tough. We each bombed cities, soldiers were killed on both sides - tough. Additionally, the gov't here made sure our citizens "knew" that you were cannibals and would eat us.
3. The war is over young man. You won. Congratulations! You have bases lingering on our soil.
4. Hachioji is a very fun city now. It harbors no harsh memories for Americans, and foreigners are treated as guests, with respect. Please see the city website for details on how to live:
"Hachioji International Association provides various supports for foreign residents/ international students. It also holds events that let cultural exchanges between citizens and foreign residents."
http://www.city.hachioji.tokyo.jp/english/437...
5. It's actually one of the friendliest cities in Tokyo, perhaps b/c of its poverty. I don't live there, but I've always had a special place in my heart for "8 towns."
If you show up, I'll give you the tour.
6. You know where Americans are treated with less respect? In areas surrounding your bases. Your soldiers are young, expect to get laid at every opportunity, and don't respect or understand Japanese culture or language. So if you want to be treated with less respect, visit Japanese suburbs that surround American bases - Hachioji isn't like that, not even one bit. It's a very friendly city.
Much better would be US soldiers go home and try to live a peaceful life.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#764507 Aug 3, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Let it flow
Forget these myths of a Long passed time and turn to science.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#764508 Aug 3, 2014
henry wrote:
<quoted text>All religions is childish and a fake or even worse a crime. Such a Thing like a satan is laughable like all such trash. Only uneducated People can be indoctrinated with such rubbish.
True.

Darüber hinaus glauben nur ungebildete Menschen, dass eine Person in alles, was sie lesen und / oder senden Sie indoktriniert.

Ungebildete Menschen neigen auch dazu, zu denken, dass LaVey war wirklich ein Satanist, statt ein Atheist, der eine brillante Satire schrieb religiöse und nannte es eine Bibel.

Der Kerl tatsächlich aus Spott Christentum profitiert, ein dickes Lob an ihn, sage ich.

How come you never write in German, "henry"?

Some stable somewhere

#764510 Aug 3, 2014
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Much better would be US soldiers go home and try to live a peaceful life.
Totally.

Right there with you Henry.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#764511 Aug 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You're not really a person remember? You don't give out personal information, remember?
People say they go to Japan, and never want to leave.
Really? I've had friends and family members come back with greyish skin, saying they were unimpressed with excessive class barriers and pollution.

Which reminds me, is Fukushima a non issue now?

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#764512 Aug 3, 2014
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget these myths of a Long passed time and turn to science.
No thanks. Fall to your knees and ask the Lord to forgive you of your sins and accept him as your Lord and Savior. God bless you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min PELE78 64,319
What color will Taylor Swift's baby be? 7 min Johnny 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr X Pendable 183,192
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Truth Teller 106,580
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr crucifiedguy 281,925
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Steve III 497
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 45,259
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Steve III 654,272
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 5 hr Peter Ross 842
More from around the web