“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#763796 Jul 31, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
There doesn't seem to be much reason to critique Christianity in Japan. I wish there were none in the West.
No, we have all the reason in the world to critique it here. It's trying to gain a foothold - thankfully, failing since it was introduced, mostly b/c of it's reliance on deceit - and so we must be on our guard and stop the advance of willful ignorance and self-induced stupidity.

It's also, thankfully, not part of this culture. It's an insult that it arrives in arrogance to teach us something, is an insult when it sets up churches and laughable in all its failures.

I will fight against that cancer coming to these shores.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#763797 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
Interesting.
That's consistent with what Sweets posted. I am developing a new appreciation for these people, although like Sweets, I question their choice of a name.
Worth looking at. Well, they chose their name specifically to cause maximum panic and worry amongst Christians.

Plus, in a democratic society, laws made for Christians apply equally to Satanists - as we are seeing. Although I don't agree with them, I support that kind of resistance.
LOL.
<quoted text>
All the more reason to disempower that church, which specializes in human blighting - what you called structural violence and what I call bad people building. There is no good reason for there to be so many people like them, and no way to prevent it except to help people learn not already captured by the church to not get too cozy with it.
Absolutely. No argument from me.

“God of War”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#763798 Jul 31, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I'm going to hold out for someone who can make 72 virgins happy.
You're off the list!
I hate long waits, we might as well wait together though.
It could happen before the second coming , actually monogamy is my thing. But I have tried
multiple partners. Somehow it never works, It's like being drawn and quartered.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#763799 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
The consensus seems to be that you're an idiot. Do you have a rebuttal?
that was his rebuttal...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#763800 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
Congrats.
I have a five year anniversary as well: five years of retirement and expatriation. I closed my office July 31, 2009 and left the States a week later.
Wow. Was that difficult? I mean, emotionally, to leave behind something that you had created.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#763801 Jul 31, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You can't cherry pick at science, young man.
Like hell i can't. It is not your place to tell anybody what they can and cannot do.
The scientific community is in complete agreement here. There are no dissenters within its ranks in the relevant fields of expertise.
If they do dissent they are ostracized. They just keep quiet about it. They do not want to put up with the hassle. It does not affect their work all that much. That is why you have creationists with published papers. You have been shown them. They have been displayed. You are just a Darwin fanatic. Running out of time.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#763802 Jul 31, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
From intelligence comes intelligence. From life comes life. That means non intelligence does not ever produce intelligence and non life never produces life.
We don't take scientific opinions from faith based thinkers.
lightbeamrider wrote:
You are a Darwin worshipper.
Worshiping is for for people willing to grovel and fawn at the feet of narcissists requiring worship. It is emblematic of issues with self-worth. Why would you debase yourself like that?
lightbeamrider wrote:
Darwinism produces moral nihilism
Humanist morality is superior to Christian morality. Your bible endorses rape, monarchy, treating women and children as property, genocide, infanticide and slavery. It was rational ethicists who looked to their hearts and minds, rejected your religion, and declared its values barbaric. You simply cannot make that go away.

Nothing is more nihilistic than Christianity, which teaches you to loathe your own flesh, disesteem and blame mankind, and separate oneself from and hate the world. Name a more pessimistic, nihilistic and misanthropic philosophy than that.

Humanists by contrast are optimistic. Where you see apocalyptic destruction, we see unlimited potential for humankind: http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#763803 Jul 31, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
It takes Intelligence to create life from non life.
Stop repeating yourself and just pony up the evidence for your claim.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#763804 Jul 31, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Then providing driver education facilitates running red lights. Teaching Darwinism destroys any basis for belief in morality as does atheism.
What? I understand it's hard for you to write with a 2 digit IQ, but seriously, that's about the worst analogy I've seen.
It is Topix and the majority here are atheists and non rational. You are the one who says abstinence only facilitates teen pregnancy.
No, quote-mining dishonest person, we say "abstinence ONLY education" facilitates teen pregnancy."

How can you be so stupid to think that your audience would simply accept such a blatantly dishonest phrase?

Oh right. You are the person who chose "Lightbeamrider" for a name. Nevermind, carry on.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#763805 Jul 31, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You can't cherry pick at science, young man.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Like hell i can't. It is not your place to tell anybody what they can and cannot do.
aaaaaaaaaahhhhahahahahahaha! hahahaha!!!

Yes, my apologies good sir. You can do whatever you like, especially if that includes ignoring reality.

Yeah, totally. Stay ignorant and stupid. Just pretend that entire disciplines of science are wrong because of your stupidity. Why are they wrong? Because Lightbeamrider says so!

150 years of biological science?

Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

200 years of geological science?

Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

250 years of physics?

Oh, I love you guys, lots of gaps to insert my gods!

150 years of anthropology?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Lightbeamrider, you are the reason education exists. It's like a pesticide for people like you. When I have kids, I'm having them read your posts as a warning to what can go horribly wrong in human maturation.

Fennario

#763806 Jul 31, 2014
Laser Beam wrote:
Thanks for sharing with us how utterly stupid you are , you arrogant and ignorant atheist prick. You are an imbecile dedicated to delusional bullshit that only the pathetic duped mind of an atheist can dream up. Please, die tomorrow, you sack of shit LIAR.
There you go, lightbeamrider. These are Christian ethics at play - not the ones you claim for yourselves whday.ile pointing to the pretty passages of a book that you ignore. but the ones we see here on Topix every This is the atheophobia your bible endorses and that your priests encourage.

And death as punishment is central to Christian psychology. According to your murderous ideology, it was the punishment Adam and Eve and their descendents earned for disobedience, and also the source of redemption from damnation, a second and worse death. And history is littered with dead bodies killed for Christ, often after torture.

Most of you are too far gone to see care.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#763807 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Worshiping is for for people willing to grovel and fawn at the feet of narcissists requiring worship. It is emblematic of issues with self-worth. Why would you debase yourself like that?
<quoted text>
Humanist morality is superior to Christian morality. Your bible endorses rape, monarchy, treating women and children as property, genocide, infanticide and slavery. It was rational ethicists who looked to their hearts and minds, rejected your religion, and declared its values barbaric. You simply cannot make that go away.
Nothing is more nihilistic than Christianity, which teaches you to loathe your own flesh, disesteem and blame mankind, and separate oneself from and hate the world. Name a more pessimistic, nihilistic and misanthropic philosophy than that.
Humanists by contrast are optimistic. Where you see apocalyptic destruction, we see unlimited potential for humankind: http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
This is my new motto:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
"You can't cherry pick at science, young man."

Lightbeamrider: "Like hell i can't. It is not your place to tell anybody what they can and cannot do."

When I get that journal article back that says "Have you read what X claims about embodiment? I think you need to rephrase here. Do you have any data to support your claim Y?"

I'm just going to write "Screw you guys, I can cherry pick my science because Lightbeamrider says so!"

Or when I become the manager of a nuclear power plant and it's failing, I'll just say:

"No problem, guys. We can just ignore anything we find distasteful. Lightbeamrider tells us that anything outside of our belief system can simply be ignored, especially if it challenges our desires in some way. Ignore that red light."

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#763808 Jul 31, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I hate long waits, we might as well wait together though.
It could happen before the second coming , actually monogamy is my thing. But I have tried
multiple partners. Somehow it never works, It's like being drawn and quartered.
You just have to keep all your relationships in the first bit of happiness, and then juggle the time well.

:)

Location hidden

#763809 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
Source does not matter if the info is correct.
Humanist morality is superior to Christian morality.
Your posts do not demonstrate morality. If anything they demonstrate bigotry.
Your bible endorses rape,
Well it records rape. That is not the same as endorsing. You are a bible illiterate.
monarchy, treating women and children as property,
So?
genocide, infanticide and slavery.
Yeah thoses things were done for all kinds of reasons. You only highlight those things because you despise the Bible and define Christians by the Old Testament. We have been over this over and over again and you trot out the same accusations. Ignore explanations, historical context. etc.
It was rational ethicists who looked to their hearts and minds, rejected your religion, and declared its values barbaric. You simply cannot make that go away.
Rid yourself of your bigotry. Your posts are laced with hate. You have been told this time and time again and have ignored. Now you are simply spamming the same tired old song and dance.
Nothing is more nihilistic than Christianity, which teaches you to loathe your own flesh, disesteem and blame mankind,
Yeah we know your bigotry agianst Christians.
and separate oneself from and hate the world. Name a more pessimistic, nihilistic and misanthropic philosophy than that.
Yeah we know your bigotry against Christians.

Fennario

#763810 Jul 31, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
2 Corinthians 4:4
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Revelation 20:2-3
And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while.
That was worthless.

Here's something equally worthless as a token of my esteem and gratitude:

Qu'ran Al-Ghashiyah
88:11 Wherein they will hear no unsuitable speech.
88:12 Within it is a flowing spring.
88:13 Within it are couches raised high

O holy! Couches will be raised high. Couches, I tell you!

And yea verily, love seats. Love seats will be elevated by the angels.

Chaises will be lifted, davenports will ascend, and settees will float,

And divans will sprout wings as chesterfields head for the clouds.

Your religion is equally

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#763811 Jul 31, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> hahaha!
Now that is just right down unfriendly..
that's no way to start off a Monday..
So I guess that means no, you didn't get any slack jerked in them jeans over the wkend?
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1935366912/hB6BD...

Fennario

#763812 Jul 31, 2014
Laser Beam wrote:
One by one, they will be cast into the lake of fire to begin their eternal destruction and painful payback for their hatred and scoffing of Christians.
You reveal too much with that. Hellfire is YOUR revenge for how YOU being rejected
Laser Beam wrote:
We get to watch each of them as they are thrown into the Hell they sorely deserve ...I gleefully enjoy knowing that I will get the entertaining joy of watching these hateful atheists get thrown into Hell ... I love knowing they will eternally suffer intense PAIN.
You come by your sadism and lust for torture honestly. Behold your filthy religion:

[1] "In order that the happiness of the saints may be more delightful to them and that they may render more copious thanks to God for it, they are allowed to see perfectly the sufferings of the damned ... So that they may be urged the more to praise God ... The saints in heaven know distinctly all that happens ... to the damned" - Thomas Aquinas

Apparently you, god and the angels will be rejoicing at the souls in hell:

[2] "The door of mercy will be shut and all bowels of compassion denied, by God, who will laugh at their destruction; by angels and saints, who will rejoice when they see the vengeance' by their fellow-suffer the devil and the damned rejoicing over their misery." - Bishop Newcomb

If you don't enjoy watching people being tortured yet, don't worry. It's only because you are not as perfect yet - as much in His image - as you will be:

[3] "This display of the divine character will be most entertaining to all who love God, will give them the highest and most ineffable pleasure. Should the fire of this eternal punishment cease, it would in a great measure obscure the light of heaven, and put an end to a great part of the happiness and glory of the blessed." - Samuel Hopkins

It's hard to imagine how that could be so entertaining for so long to a and perfectly loving god, or how such a god could be called merciful and compassionate. From 'Christian Theology in Plain Language,' p. 219 comes this explanation of God's love:

[4] "Non-Christians often ask the Christian,“But how can the God of love allow any of his creatures to suffer unending misery?” The question is, how can he not? The fact that God is love makes hell necessary."

So don't worry if all of this seems a little horrible to you now. This famous preacher is letting you know how happy torture will make you as well once you have gone home to be with your loving god:

[5]“The view of the misery of the damned will double the ardor of the love and gratitude of the saints of heaven ... The sight of hell torments will exalt the happiness of the saints forever ... Can the believing father in Heaven be happy with his unbelieving children in Hell ... I tell you, yea! Such will be his sense of justice that it will increase rather than diminish his bliss." - Jonathan Edwards

This early church father is certainly planning on having a good time watching others suffer and even laughing at them:

[6] "How shall I admire, how laugh, how rejoice, how exult, when I behold so many proud monarchs groaning in the lowest abyss of darkness; so many magistrates liquefying in fiercer flames than they ever kindled against the Christians; so many sages philosophers blushing in red-hot fires with their deluded pupils; so many tragedians more tuneful in the expression of their own sufferings; so many dancers tripping more nimbly from anguish then ever before from applause." - Tertullian

Does this include infants?

[7]“Reprobate infants are vipers of vengeance, which Jehovah will hold over hell, in the tongs of his wrath, till they turn and spit venom in his face!”-Jonathan Edwards

But what about your own children? This one from the Catholic Truth Society is as beautiful as a mother's love for her child:

[8] "What will it be like for a mother in heaven who sees her son burning in hell? She will glorify the justice of God."

Location hidden

#763813 Jul 31, 2014
Those genealogies are obviously bogus. Apart from the fact that the genealogies in Matthew and Luke contradict one another, they are conspicuously deficient in women. You have 2 parents half of which are women, 2^2 = 4 grandparents half of which are women, 2^3 = 8 great-grandparents half of which are women, 2^4 = 16 great-great grandparents half of which are women, 2^5 = 32 great.great-grandparents half of which are women.
If we go back 30 generations, you have up to 2^30 = 1,073,741,824 (over a billion) ancestors, probably fewer because of duplication due to cousins and other relatives marrying. Only one of them is your father's father's father's father's ... father's father. The genealogy connecting you to any other ancestor goes through women. One of them is your father's mother's father's mother's ... father. Another is your father's father's mother's mother's father's father's (etc.)
Now look at those genealogies again.
Show me a genealogy that is overwhelmingly male in a paternalistic society's mythology, and I'll show you a piece of fiction.
They do not lengthy put genealogies in fiction. If you have a lengthy genealogy then you have history, not fiction. They are all over the Old and new, along with construction specs. Locations, towns, dates etc. All this indicates recorded history. You also have fiction accounts which are called parables. Trees talking to each other.

http://www.ldolphin.org/2adams.html

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...

You are simply in reliance on the ignorance and prejudice of the Topix audience. In any neutral setting you would be exposed as a buffoon.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#763814 Jul 31, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>lightbeamrider wrote, "Like hell i can't. It is not your place to tell anybody what they can and cannot do."

aaaaaaaaaahhhhahahahahahaha! hahahaha!!!

Yes, my apologies good sir. You can do whatever you like, especially if that includes ignoring reality.

Yeah, totally. Stay ignorant and stupid. Just pretend that entire disciplines of science are wrong because of your stupidity. Why are they wrong? Because Lightbeamrider says so!

150 years of biological science?

Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

200 years of geological science?

Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

250 years of physics?

Oh, I love you guys, lots of gaps to insert my gods!

150 years of anthropology?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Lightbeamrider, you are the reason education exists. It's like a pesticide for people like you. When I have kids, I'm having them read your posts as a warning to what can go horribly wrong in human maturation.
Well put, thought you might like this:

http://i.imgur.com/NUNguqy.jpg

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#763815 Jul 31, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So when did O.J. Simpson ACTUALLY decide to mur... 2 min Doctor REALITY 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min trifecta1 608,351
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 28 min I m Home 176,073
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min Osmius 269,190
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min marge 574,742
should speaking spanish be banned in the us ? (Oct '07) 43 min Commander Bunny 486
A Night At The Movies 45 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 46 min Seentheotherside 39,699
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 2 hr busted 166
More from around the web