Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#764024 Jul 31, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbit and deer are my favorite. Turtle stew is good depending on who makes it. I don't have a recipe for that, as I have never made it. But a good friend of ours used to catch a snapping turtle every once in a while and cook up a batch of stew. Delicious. I don't like coon or possum, too "wild" tasting.
My husband, before we divorced, was a butcher and deer hunted. I have used venison in spaghetti sauce, chili, cube steak, sausage, chops, hamburger meat and lovely tender roasts. He also fished and we kept catfish year round in the freezer or fresh. We had four kids and that went a long way to feeding growing kids and it was very healthy. Along with the vegetables from the garden.
Eating Bambi could cost you your life.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/wildlife/health_pr...

There is no cure for prion infection.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#764025 Jul 31, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
. Who's Lyssa? You accused me of being someone before - maybe Lyssa and someone else?
That suggests to me that you have lots of socks here.
Anyways, you want a hug? You seem pretty upset.
/hugs nano.
I know who Lyssa is. At least now i do. May be related to Harpy.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#764026 Aug 1, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
A little side note to your discussion above. Liberty University is the largest--Evangelical Christian university in the world.--
That's right. It was founded by Jerry Falwell.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#764027 Aug 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Eating Bambi could cost you your life.
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/wildlife/health_pr...
There is no cure for prion infection.
From your link..

During the approximately two decades of monitoring, public health officials and researchers have not found any evidence that CWD can be transmitted to humans.

But, it's basically the animal version to Mad Cow Disease, which you can get...from the supermarket.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#764028 Aug 1, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Yes, life can only come from life. Prove it wrong. Until then, it is blind faith based.
As written, yes, your claim is faith based. I presume you meant that believing that abiogenesis is reasonably or very likely to have occurred is faith based.

If so, you are wrong. There is a huge space between positive proof and blind faith. You seem to be unaware of a concept called partial knowledge. Almost all knowledge is of this type. Something may by judged to be not unlikely, reasonably likely, or very likely to be correct.

Faith based thinkers like yourself have a great deal of difficulty processing evidence and reasoning effectively. It's a skill developed over a lifetime that requires a respect for the process and a lot of practice with some form of feedback by which to tweak and refine the process.

A willingness to engage in faith based thought subverts the process into the service of defending one's faith based preferences, which mean confirmation bias (antiprocessing). Here you are these many years later with a contempt for reason and science, and little to no experience thinking rationally and objectively, arguing with people who have done the opposite.

You may think that your methods of data processing are equally valid and reliable, but I don't. I can see from evaluating the output of your mind such as your comment above that you have never learned to do this well, and that your conclusion are useless to somebody like me. They're also useless to you. They are useful useful only to your church.

Sorry, but faith based thinkers have nothing to offer in any area of thought that intersects with their god belief, especially science. Your mind has been co-opted to generate pro-religious thoughts, and that's what it does, which is why it is at odds with minds not trying to defend and justify faith.

Fennario

#764029 Aug 1, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Neanderthal is modern myth about ancient man and is believable as big foot. Believe it if you want. It is garbage mostly harmless. I detest lying to children and attempting to make the lies more believable by invoking science.
And here is another excellent example of the output of the mind of a faith based thinker. You have neither an understand of nor respect for the evidence that contradicts you. You have faith, faith that is apparently challenged by the former existence of Neanderthals, and the confirmation bias that your faith has established as a beachead at the entrance to your mind goes to work antiprocessing contradictory evidence. As a result, you produce garbage output.

This is why nothing that a person like you says about anything that is affected by your god belief is of any value.

From an earlier post:

"How many ideas do you think you have that are unaffected by your god belief? It is limited to trivial things like the best route to get to work, who you think will win the next World Series, and what to order at a restaurant, although it is not impossible that those opinions are tainted by your faith. But your conclusions on matters such as the historicity of Jesus or the credibility of Ehrman are of no value. We all already know what they will be in advance of hearing them. Without fail, you will agree with anything that supports your faith based idols, and reject whatever challenges them."

Seen any good movies lately?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#764030 Aug 1, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I know who Lyssa is. At least now i do. May be related to Harpy.
I always liked Droopy.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#764031 Aug 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>But the creationists "here" are tolerable? hahahahahahaha, keep squirming...worm.
Kong played your game but I knew that you weren't a real anthropologist "then" either. Using Vanessa Hudgins portfolio pics was just plain stupid, Lyssa.
This song suits you, nano, starting from 30 seconds in:

Fennario

#764032 Aug 1, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<lightbeanrider> ",,,life comes from life, intelligence comes from intelligence...BUT THAT DOESN'T APPLY TO MY DEITY..um..*ahem*..it uh...doesn't require that because it destroys my argument when I apply my argument to my deity...LOGIC IS OF THE SATAN! REPENT!..!."
There it is. Thanks for that.

"Special Pleading - a fallacy in which a person applies standards, principles, rules, etc. to others while taking herself (or those she has a special interest in) to be exempt, without providing adequate justification for the exemption."

And why would anyone do that? To defend what he has chosen to believe on faith. Faith destroys the reasoning faculty the way tuberculosis destroys the lung. Some have suggested calling it a mental illness, and inflicting it on young children child abuse. There is merit to both arguments.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#764033 Aug 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I never did, you sick troll.
Now you're just pathetic.
My post to you:

[QUOTE who="Hidingfromyou:]
Are you on crack?
Since when are Christian parents defenseless? I understand that you feel defenseless against my intellect - but, hey, you are against anyone's here.
And when did I deny "Berkeley's proof that an individual's life begins at conception."???
Nano, you have to stop drinking and smoking up in the morning. You're not making any sense.
Btw, I found the full pdf for that study. Here it is Nano, you crack monster you,
http://www.bu.edu/learninglab/files/2012/05/C...
Judgments About Fact and Fiction by Children From[/QUOTE]

Your reply:
nanoanomaly wrote:
Religious and Nonreligious Backgrounds
"Christian parents" were in no way mentioned in my post, tardwad. The defenseless are the unborn that your cult hates so much.
lol, I just Googled "is Kathleen Corriveau a radical atheist" and about 10,000 sources popped up revealing that radical atheists are a big fan of hers, proving she is, indeed, biased when it comes to Christianity. I'll read your link but it's clear enough she's compelled to put a biased spin on this "subject" she "created" to study.

I, personally, have never met a Christian child older than 5 that could not tell the difference between an illustration of Peter Rabbit, the Tooth Fairy, or Santa and a living subject. Your idol is just as full of shyt as Sam Harris is, throwing in her personal bias with just enough of a mix of legitimate, viable research from previous research to pass the lenient eye of militant atheists. Kind of like her more acceptable suggestion that, "Children prefer to learn from an informant who uses non-circular explanations." lol, by that claim, IANS would never be asked to host the kindergartners' Show and Tell Time.
Your previous post regarding the same study:
nanoanomaly wrote:
I doubt I'm anywhere near as wrong about claims you make without showing the source as you are at denying Berkeley's proof that an individual's life begins at conception.
Why are you so determined to dehumanize the defenseless?
So, yes, you most certainly misinterpreted the study on 5 and 6 year olds with abortion and "the unborn."

Now you are lying about it.

You are one crazy chick. Seek help.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#764034 Aug 1, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I know who Lyssa is. At least now i do. May be related to Harpy.
Who are these people? On the evolution thread?

Look at my post count LB and tell me I have time to fake personalities on different threads.

If Nano hates Lyssa and Harpy, I'm sure they're good people.
Nanoisabittersex lessman

Machida, Japan

#764035 Aug 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol, she tries so hard!
Hello from Japan.

:)
Nanoisabittersex lessman

Machida, Japan

#764036 Aug 1, 2014
Ah, hilarious. I logged myself out to bug Nano and my adblock is preventing the log back in.

hahaha!

Seeeeeeeee youuuuuuuu

Location hidden

#764037 Aug 1, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are these people? On the evolution thread?
Look at my post count LB and tell me I have time to fake personalities on different threads.
If Nano hates Lyssa and Harpy, I'm sure they're good people.
The Internets be freaky

http://i.imgur.com/k3RsJ0I.jpg

Yo?

Fennario

#764038 Aug 1, 2014
catcher1 wrote:
It sure works for you. You haven't crawled out of the gutter since your arrival here. And hey, did you forget to go to work today?
lightbeamrider wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T2LK4SO...
Will concur with bad bob on that one.
You chose the gutter, and now you want to escape accountability.

You chose to answer sincerely held ideas about ideas that offended you with personal attacks, and you have been called on it. That is part of the price you are being asked to pay for that choice. "The gutter" is the metaphor for that choice, and now more than one of us is calling you on it in that language. You chose to wallow in that sewage. And you have been exhorted repeatedly to do better. You have no interest in that. Now man up and take your comeuppance, which is to have your own character examined and dissected here.

So far, you have been treated better than you have treated others. The unfavorable reviews of what kind of a man you are are backed by evidence - your own words.

You've never bothered to do that. You have called others liars without producing lies, and you have called them bigots for criticizing Christianity. One cannot be a bigot against an abstraction, just against people.

That makes you the liar. You have earned the title Christian trash.

You are also a fool to continue as you have. What are you getting from your fits of unmannered rage besides the contempt of much of the thread? Are you indifferent to that/this?

Perhaps your Christian psyche has been taught to count such contempt from unbelievers as a gift to your god. Who knows what kind of perversion of reason and character accounts for your foolish choices.

Fennario

#764039 Aug 1, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Neanderthal is modern myth about ancient man and is believable as big foot. Believe it if you want. It is garbage mostly harmless. I detest lying to children and attempting to make the lies more believable by invoking science.
thewordofme wrote:
Where in the Hell were you educated....Bob Jones University??? We have bones and DNA from Neanderthals my friend. Neither match humans...they are another species of the genus 'Homo.' Would surely hate to be a child of yours.
Topix has been a big eye opener for me, and maybe for you and others as well. Where else do you get to see this kind of thing up so close for so long in an interactive medium? Did you know the extent of the damage that their religion does on them before this? I didn't. I never hear people say things like what you just read anywhere.

Is it OK with you that the church done this to tens of millions of your neighbors and compatriots?

It's far from OK with me. Doesn't America have enough difficulty because of defective thinking by its citizens? The schools and the media contribute to that phenomenon as well - it's not all due to religion - but do we really need the church piling on in the process of degrading America's collective intellectual performance with its anti-scientism and its anti-intellectualism?

Fennario

#764040 Aug 1, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
You are moral slime and a bigot. You are the last person to consult when it comes to morality.
Yes, you've made that claim. What do you have to offer in support. My rejection of your church?

I have called you Christian trash that wallows in gutter sewage because of your commitment to personal smear an appropriate way to disagree. I offer your post above in support of that, even after I made it easy for you to choose another path. And I find you morally unfit for freely choosing the one you did and do. You're trash. Unrepentant Christian trash.

I blame your church for making you this way. We see so much of it from Christians posting here.

I also blame your parents if they were/are both non-Christians. If either or both were/are Christians, then that's still the church working its magic through them.

And I want to repeat what a fool I also consider you to be to choose to add this dimension to our discussion. It's not merely immoral, it's been an extremely counterproductive tactic for you. You're not very effective, and as the aggressor in this, you're quite vulnerable yourself.

Since: Aug 14

Southampton, UK

#764041 Aug 1, 2014
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
THERE ARE TWO GODS, Satan and the The GOD that created him.

Fennario

#764042 Aug 1, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I imitated you. You posted some Littleton CO crap as evidence of evolution being a sinister theory leading to school shootings. Now you're calling it bigotry.
lightbeamrider wrote:
What that student did is perfectly in line with atheistic Darwin evolution. It is a natural consequence. So called Christian parents whipping a child to death is not in line with Christian teachings. That is the difference.
Here's more of your weak mind's output under the direction of a raging confirmation bias. You are a poor thinker.

Besides generating slop, your weak mind slipped off the track. You had called me a bigot when I minicked you. This issue I addressed was that you called posting two links unflattering to Christians bigotry, but you posting one unflattering to students of evolutionary science was not.

Nicely played all around, moron.

Location hidden

#764043 Aug 1, 2014
Dashdotcom wrote:
<quoted text> THERE ARE TWO GODS, Satan and the The GOD that created him.
So Satan is the GOD that has a name?

Can you translate his name in the language of Reality?

Does he sign autographs?

Is his dad gay?

Jesus was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity is fading away... 4 min messianic114 17
The Christian Atheist debate 7 min Critical Eye 2,114
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Pegasus 272,465
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min waaasssuuup 600,202
clean black, green,stampcurrency.black dollar,e... (Jan '13) 2 hr Amber rose 3
Bad Contractors Montreal (Sep '08) 2 hr Watchout Consumers 7
READ! Tuxedo Crew is OFFICIAL! They are the BEST (Jun '14) 3 hr dfsdvseefr 7
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 12 hr Malcolm 46
More from around the web