Prove there's a god.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#764240 Aug 1, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting post. I could agree with this, for the most part. But, I think that it is more of the way people have interpreted Christianity incorrectly that is the cause of women/single Mothers being looked down on/degraded. I guess that is why I have a hard time believing that the Bible, as it is written, is the true word of the loving God that I was taught. Hope this makes sense.
Old Testament---evil god

New testament--more mellow god...on purpose, the Hebrew god wouldn't attract people to the con

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#764241 Aug 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
"I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it."
- Abraham Lincoln
Yo Buck! Nice to see you here.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#764242 Aug 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
To the contrary, philosophers have argued both pro and con for the validity of an "uncaused cause" for centuries.
There are very good arguments for the proposition that a first cause is not only logically possible, but necessary.
Existence is a property that is caused. It is passed along a chain in one direction, from the previous link to the succeeding one. But if there is no ultimate source of the property, it could not be passed along, and we would have no existence.
The infinite regress argument pops up. It has little weight for me. First, the universe is past finite. Prior to it, the principle of causality is only speculative. Second, the line of reasoning involved is, of itself, a product of the universe, as a product of our minds.
I'll be refraining from posting here for the duration of your stay.

“Miles from Nowhere”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#764243 Aug 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?
Dallas is lovely this time of year, Mrs. Kennedy.

Sorry you couldn't stay longer.

Y'all come back now, ya hear?

“Miles from Nowhere”

Location hidden

#764244 Aug 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Certain quantities are qualitative.
Quality is subjective.

A broken fork can still stab.

A broken spork is just garbage to me. I can't even get the cole slaw out from between my teeth with it.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#764245 Aug 1, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, what does the KKK have to do with Jesus? Why do the unbelievers think everything is caused by Christianity/God?
"A Message for the Imperial Wizard

"BIBLE ON HOMOSEXUALITY"
"In the beginning, it is said that God created the Earth in 6 days and he rested on the 7th day and said, "Keep the 7th day holy."
And on the 6th day, God created the animals to fill the Earth, God also created man and woman (Adam and Eve) in his own image to commune with him. He blessed them and gave them every creature and the whole Earth to rule over, care for, and cultivate. Meaning of "commune" - To be in a state of intimate, heightened sensitivity, and receptivity, as with ones surrounding's.
Our church teachings tell us that God knew that Adam would be lonely, so God took a rib from Adam and created Eve. In any teachings does it ever say that the rib from Adam was meant for STEVE since Adam was lonely
"THE BIBLE TELLS US IN"
Leviticus chap 18 v 22 says:
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is a abomination."
Leviticus chap 20 v 13 says:
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed a abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Matthew chap 22 says: That Christ lets his deciples know "You shall love God with all of your heart"
John chap 13 v 34-35 says: That Christ lets his deciples know that you love one another, even as I have loved you.
The Bible tells us that Christ our Lord was sent to us from God. Christ in John 13 does not say, man lay with man and woman lay with woman. So yes, the Bible does address "HOMOSEXUALITY"
Our society today teaches us that Homosexuality is alright. The President and Vice-President endorse this shameful act, members of Congress endorse this shameful act, and now the Homosexual rights advocates have oral arguments right now before the U. S. Supreme Court.
So our question is this:
If you are a real Christian and believe in the Bible then join with us and together we can stop this illness of Homosexuality that has polluted our government and threatens to pollute the next generation. Join the Ku Klux Klan today "Soldiers of the Cross"
We all know according to the teachings of the Bible what is going to happen to the Homosexuals, in the rapture if Christ."

http://www.ikkkkk.org/site/mobile...

("in the rapture if christ", right on the .org website, morons. I'm not correcting that.)

I hope this answers your question, Joy :-)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#764246 Aug 1, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like there are major similarities with your story and mine. The two that I have MY children by were/are both pathological liars, the second one a player added to it. I didn't know it til later. I guess I was too trusting/naive. Such is life, we live and learn, I suppose. No worries, I won't let them get me down. We can't. They aren't worth it.:)

Agree. Roar, woman.
Yeah, I've always related with parts of what you've shared here, perhaps we shouldn't discuss religion. We might get along then.

Me, roar? Lol.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#764247 Aug 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>I had to put my dog down yesterday.

Rott/retriever. 15 1/2 years old.

Great dog.

Leaves a huge hole in my life.
Gorgeous mix, I'm sorry for your loss.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#764248 Aug 1, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Two nice breeds. What a privilege it is to have dogs in our lives.
Certainly.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#764249 Aug 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Quality is subjective.

A broken spork is just garbage to me. I can't even get the cole slaw out from between my teeth with it.
http://i.imgur.com/PuUuwJG.jpg

“Miles from Nowhere”

Location hidden

#764250 Aug 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a repetitive dream of being burned at the stake.
I have the same dream about you, Buck.

Hickory or Cherry?

Wet ropes or spikes?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#764251 Aug 2, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to put my dog down yesterday.
Rott/retriever. 15 1/2 years old.
Great dog.
Leaves a huge hole in my life.
Ah, very sorry to hear that. Have a whiskey for him tonight.

Some stable somewhere

#764252 Aug 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a repetitive dream of being burned at the stake.
Perhaps you were Joan of Arc in a past life?

Some stable somewhere

#764253 Aug 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
The infinite regress argument pops up. It has little weight for me. First, the universe is past finite.
You cannot make that claim, unless you're omniscient.
Prior to it, the principle of causality is only speculative. Second, the line of reasoning involved is, of itself, a product of the universe, as a product of our minds.
Which is to say...?

“Miles from Nowhere”

Location hidden

#764254 Aug 2, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't eat meat or grow pot.

I know how to smoke both of them.

I was educated.

Spit. It's not always for lubrication.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#764255 Aug 2, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps. Or maybe I was nailing her.

Location hidden

#764256 Aug 2, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Buck! Nice to see you here.
No need to put it to a vote.

Location hidden

#764257 Aug 2, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be refraining from posting here for the duration of your stay.
Nice to see you too, Scar Tissue.

Location hidden

#764258 Aug 2, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Quality is subjective.
Why would you want to do that?

Location hidden

#764259 Aug 2, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like there are major similarities with your story and mine. The two that I have MY children by were/are both pathological liars, the second one a player added to it. I didn't know it til later. I guess I was too trusting/naive. Such is life, we live and learn, I suppose. No worries, I won't let them get me down. We can't. They aren't worth it.:)
Agree. Roar, woman.
Men are driven to spread their seed.

Please don't ask Hiding to explain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min PadMark 673,026
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Holy Child Jehova... 104,590
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Rider on the Storm 184,604
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 14 min blkguylooking 471
Best adult sites (Apr '12) 22 min Eric 9
Want to find a BDSM skype salve for light BDSM (Feb '15) 28 min ZACHSNOW01 11
White Women Feet Smell and Taste! (Jun '12) 42 min jj is cool 35
More from around the web