Prove there's a god.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#763514 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop retracting.
Provide evidence that was an actual note on a page from Hitler and not a 'nobeliefs' scam.
/QUOTE

The truth is not scam,,,you silly Redneck
Those are facts of history,,and if you doubt it take a trip to Germany and visit some museums,

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#763515 Jul 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and no. I know your religion is a myth, just like every other religion, but I don't know that mine is the "one, true belief." Unlike you, I admit my subjectivity and bias. All the evidence points me to my belief, but it's possible I'm just not getting it.
We all see what we know to be true and we miss what doesn't fit that worldview.
For an extreme case, just look at Nano. Somehow she insists I didn't post links to the Cognitive Science article that I most certainly posted links to.
Really? You're going to yammer on for the next month about me saying, once, that I didn't see any link from yesterday?

How very Christine of you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#763517 Jul 29, 2014

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#763518 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Uh-huh.... So when little Billy knocks up little Suzy, it's society that did that, not them.
WTF?
It's always one or the other with you.

Responsibility is shared.

Most of the time, you are the single individual that holds most of the responsibility for your actions. Responsibility is also held by other thinking agents who acted before you, who influenced your decision and subsequent action.

Humans don't live in a vacuum. We are social animals. A person could say something to you that you've never thought of before, which could change how you think about some subject, which could lead to you making decisions you would have never made otherwise.

Have you seen The Butterfly Effect?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#763519 Jul 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>umm...thanks, but my parents taught me never to open anything from a witch......
"Being dead is harder for everyone else than it is for you. It's the same when you're stupid."

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#763521 Jul 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is an object of study, Joy, not an instruction manual. It has no place in those courses, except for social studies, where it's part of ideology and people's actions.
There is no such thing as "Christian mathematics" just like there's no such thing as "Hindu chemistry."
I said teaching of religion is just as important as the other four subjects mentioned. I said that it does have ways in which it helps in any job. I said that religion teaches much more than just about God. I did not say that it is intertwined or should be intertwined with those other four subjects. I am not saying it should be required, but as an option to those who want it taught.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#763522 Jul 29, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
There is much more to religion than just God. It helps in every area and aspect of life, learning, and the world.
No it doesn't.
All jobs are aided by it.
No they're not.
Math. Science, English/Language, and Social Studies are also just as important.
Those things are far more important to most jobs and careers, while religion is usually irrelevant if not a hindrance.

Location hidden

#763523 Jul 29, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I said on here several times that I was Christian by Tradition. I will make it clear now, My mother and her side of the family are and were raised Christian, they and she are from Ohio. My mothers belief is very personal to her and she never said much about it, and I didn't care..
My dads side was not. << I was there, Christianity and God was all around me, Just not In my life.
I have and did go to Church up until I was 16 and they told me not to come back. I was there for one reason only, and to the preacher and others dismay, she was also, hahaha! FK THEM!
I believe it's them peoples right to do what they want. POWER (Money ) lets them do what they do.
Probably the most Powerful Entity on Earth..
I Capitalize God, outta respect, and yeah some meaning..
They don't get how juvenile it makes them look to capitalize every other deity or religion *except* Christ, Christianity, God or even Jesus. Buddha, Mohammed, Pazuzu or Nature, the Universe, Satan all deserve more respect in the minds of militant atheists. The best way to keep them from influencing a kid is to tell your kids in the public school system to remind their teachers to keep their own, personal ideologies to their own fkg self.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have major fucking, psychotic hatreds!" ~ George Carlin: a highly irreligious turd, but kinda/sorta funny.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#763524 Jul 29, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You're an idiot. The two are nothing alike.
We don't have millions of years of evolution urging us to run red lights. In fact, our survival instinct gives an imperative to do the opposite once we understand what a red light is and the potential consequences of disregarding it.
This is why don't have much use for the output of faith based thinkers. You seldom know how to think well. You haven't had enough practice.
Reminds me of Matt Slick with his banana bit.
gort

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#763526 Jul 29, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
I said teaching of religion is just as important as the other four subjects mentioned. I said that it does have ways in which it helps in any job. I said that religion teaches much more than just about God. I did not say that it is intertwined or should be intertwined with those other four subjects. I am not saying it should be required, but as an option to those who want it taught.
that was a little over due Beethoven's Fifth.
have you been cleansed by the blood, babe?

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#763527 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Your premise is based on the assumption that Christianity is nothing more than false mythology. That is, of course, only your opinion.
I hope there's a cure to help you understand that.
Do false mythologies exist?

Location hidden

#763530 Jul 29, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>They don't get how juvenile it makes them look to capitalize every other deity or religion *except* Christ, Christianity, God or even Jesus. Buddha, Mohammed, Pazuzu or Nature, the Universe, Satan all deserve more respect in the minds of militant atheists. The best way to keep them from influencing a kid is to tell your kids in the public school system to remind their teachers to keep their own, personal ideologies to their own fkg self.
"I don't have pet peeves, I have major fucking, psychotic hatreds!" ~ George Carlin: a highly irreligious turd, but kinda/sorta funny.
"The best way to keep them from influencing a kid is to tell your kids in the public school system to remind their teachers to keep their own, personal ideologies to their own fkg self." - Nanoanomaly

Well put!! Agreed!! I will remember to tell my daughter that, minus the expletive of course.:) She most likely would get kicked out for that.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#763531 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Uh-huh. And like all non-believers, you "know" against all odds that Christianity is false and it teaches lies. You "know" that your belief is "the one, true belief."
Christianity, via the Bible, makes a lot of falsifiable claims. A lot of them have been falsified. It makes some logically contradictory (impossible) claims. At least a great deal of Christianity is false.

Do you limit your Christian beliefs to the claims that might be true?

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#763533 Jul 29, 2014
River Tam wrote:
What?
I saw a trailer for Dumb and Dumber To.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it. I'm hopeful.

Location hidden

#763535 Jul 29, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text>
My pushing back never was a good thang..
The churches around here are good about helping people, they always were.
Thanks dude, that's good looking out..
He lies.

Location hidden

#763537 Jul 29, 2014
http://devotion.wedaretobelieve.com/

Do You Need a Heart Transplant? By Rick Warren ó July 26, Saturday

ďThe fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from that.Ē(Proverbs 29:25 MSG)

If youíre going to get control of anger in your life, you must base your identity on Jesus, understanding that he loves you unconditionally, that you are his, that you are valuable, and that he has a purpose and plan for your life.

If you build your identity on anything else, youíll struggle with insecurity your whole life. You can build your identity on your job, but you can lose your job. You can build your identity on how good-looking you are, but you may lose your good looks. You can build your identity on the person you married, but your spouse will eventually die. You can build your identity on being popular, but youíre not always going to be popular.
If you build your identity on anything that can be taken away from you, youíre going to be insecure, and insecurity is at the root of your anger. Until you start feeling secure about yourself, people are going to be able to push your buttons. When you know who you are and whose you are, people canít push your buttons. They canít get to you. Anger and insecurity go together. The more insecure yo
u feel, the angrier you feel.

The Bible says in Proverbs 29:25,ďThe fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from thatĒ(MSG).

When you get angry, your mouth just reveals whatís inside your heart. A harsh tongue reveals an angry heart. A negative tongue reveals a fearful heart. A boasting tongue reveals an insecure heart. An overactive tongue reveals an unsettled heart. A judgmental tongue reveals a guilty heart. A critical tongue reveals a bitter heart. A filthy tongue reveals an impure heart.

On the other hand, an encouraging tongue reveals a happy heart, a gentle tongue reveals a loving heart, and a controlled tongue reveals a peaceful heart.

You know what you need to get rid of your anger problem? You need a heart transplant. Fortunately, God specializes in them. Itís called salvation! God gives you a brand new heart and a brand new identity. You donít have to find your identity in your job or your bank account or your good looks or your relationships, because you find your identity in what God says about you.

Jesus can heal the three things that cause anger: hurt, frustration, and fear. Jesus can heal your hurting heart with his love. Jesus can replace your frustrated heart with his peace. Jesus can replace your insecure heart with his power.

If you pick up a crying baby and hold it close so that it feels warm and secure, it stops crying. It stops being angry. When you feel secure and accepted in Jesus Christ, your anger is going to dissipate.

Talk It Over

Pray this prayer today:ďDear God, I admit I have a problem with my anger. I let other people push my buttons, I get even, and I donít think before speaking. Iím asking for your help. Help me to reflect before reacting. Help me to learn to release my anger appropriately. Help me to find my identity completely in you. I open myself completely to you. Come into my life. Save me. Make the changes that only you can make. In your name I pray. Amen.Ē

Location hidden

#763538 Jul 29, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Oh boy! Such purdy words..
The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is more fertilize ( BS )
Why thank you, he learned them from stalking me for dang near forever.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#763539 Jul 29, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
"Being dead is harder for everyone else than it is for you. It's the same when you're stupid."
Hahaha, yes.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#763540 Jul 29, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
http://devotion.wedaretobeliev e.com/
Do You Need a Heart Transplant? By Rick Warren ó July 26, Saturday
ďThe fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from that.Ē(Proverbs 29:25 MSG)
If youíre going to get control of anger in your life, you must base your identity on Jesus, understanding that he loves you unconditionally, that you are his, that you are valuable, and that he has a purpose and plan for your life.
If you build your identity on anything else, youíll struggle with insecurity your whole life. You can build your identity on your job, but you can lose your job. You can build your identity on how good-looking you are, but you may lose your good looks. You can build your identity on the person you married, but your spouse will eventually die. You can build your identity on being popular, but youíre not always going to be popular.
If you build your identity on anything that can be taken away from you, youíre going to be insecure, and insecurity is at the root of your anger. Until you start feeling secure about yourself, people are going to be able to push your buttons. When you know who you are and whose you are, people canít push your buttons. They canít get to you. Anger and insecurity go together. The more insecure yo
u feel, the angrier you feel.
The Bible says in Proverbs 29:25,ďThe fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from thatĒ(MSG).
When you get angry, your mouth just reveals whatís inside your heart. A harsh tongue reveals an angry heart. A negative tongue reveals a fearful heart. A boasting tongue reveals an insecure heart. An overactive tongue reveals an unsettled heart. A judgmental tongue reveals a guilty heart. A critical tongue reveals a bitter heart. A filthy tongue reveals an impure heart.
On the other hand, an encouraging tongue reveals a happy heart, a gentle tongue reveals a loving heart, and a controlled tongue reveals a peaceful heart.
You know what you need to get rid of your anger problem? You need a heart transplant. Fortunately, God specializes in them. Itís called salvation! God gives you a brand new heart and a brand new identity. You donít have to find your identity in your job or your bank account or your good looks or your relationships, because you find your identity in what God says about you.
Jesus can heal the three things that cause anger: hurt, frustration, and fear. Jesus can heal your hurting heart with his love. Jesus can replace your frustrated heart with his peace. Jesus can replace your insecure heart with his power.
If you pick up a crying baby and hold it close so that it feels warm and secure, it stops crying. It stops being angry. When you feel secure and accepted in Jesus Christ, your anger is going to dissipate.
Talk It Over
Pray this prayer today:ďDear God, I admit I have a problem with my anger. I let other people push my buttons, I get even, and I donít think before speaking. Iím asking for your help. Help me to reflect before reacting. Help me to learn to release my anger appropriately. Help me to find my identity completely in you. I open myself completely to you. Come into my life. Save me. Make the changes that only you can make. In your name I pray. Amen.Ē
Yikes.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#763541 Jul 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
- that other cultures have belief systems not compatible with all religions
- that some cultures don't have belief in afterlives or deities
- that people are animals, have evolved to our present state
- that neuroscience can explain human behavior, that people with left temporal damage are more likely to be religious
- that any given religion is full of contradictions and absurdities (like Genesis)
- that none of the claims of religion can be demonstrated
- that all religions have equal evidence to support their myths (like claims to miracles, magic, etc). That is to say, no evidence
- that none of our sciences includes appeals to deities or magic - not a single one
- that, historically, all of our explanations of reality that were based on religion have been overturned by science
- that religion changes throughout history
- that religion changes when spread to different cultures
That's all well and good, but do you have an old book written by anonymous, ignorant, and superstitious religious zealots, to support your position?

Because that would be impressive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 591,410
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min waaasssuuup 4,816
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 100,221
www.accountnow.com activate - Account Now Activate (Jan '13) 9 min Jessica Elaine Ra... 2
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 28 min Ricky F 24,099
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min stemaxgizmo 271,484
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 50 min Thats MeMan 106
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Truths 612,282
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 hr Neelakaran 1,477
More from around the web