Prove there's a god.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#763371 Jul 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how much does an idiot pro athlete or rap 'artist' rake in these days?
you go, brother Rick, go and prosper your ass off in this goofy backwards world of idolatry.......
Are you sure you're worshiping the right deity in your religion? You sound like you're pretty unhappy.

So I checked out people who worship the other deity in your religion for you. They sound very happy - what's more, they aren't science deniers like you! Here's just a taste for you, to whet your appetite for more:

"The mission of The Satanic Temple is to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people. In addition, we embrace practical common sense and justice.

As an organized religion, we feel it is our function to actively provide outreach, to lead by example, and to participate public affairs wheresoever the issues might benefit from rational, Satanic insights.As Satanists we all should be guided by our conscience to undertake noble pursuits guided by our individual wills. We believe that this is the hope of all mankind and the highest aspiration of humanity."

http://thesatanictemple.com/about-us/our-miss...

Maybe you can be born again again? Only this time, to a benevolent deity, not an angry demeaning bigoted one. Good luck!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#763372 Jul 29, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
You need to prove how intelligence is derived from matter.
Nah. I don't.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#763373 Jul 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, moron, I linked to it. Straight to the journal. Then I copied and pasted parts of it.
I never made up stuff before, and you've never called me on making stuff up. I would also never leave because of you, miss arrogant. You have absolutely no effect on my life.
You are mental, but wow, you're going above and beyond today.
There was no link in the post last night and none this a.m. I call 'em as I seez 'em, loon.

lol, you have a short memory.

I understand now why you refuse to get tested, you're afraid a cranial amputation might be recommended. After a brief consideration, I suspect it might improve your personality AND your sex life.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#763374 Jul 29, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I trust you agree that an employer shouldn't have to pay your tithe, either, or buy you a bible.
Yes. I agree.
You probably thought that your compensation package was yours to use as you see fit since you earned it, but apparently not.

People agreed to the compensation package they sign up for. If they don't agree with it, they shouldn't sign up for it.
Hobby Lobby and the popes emissaries on the Court have seen to that.
Hobby Lobby still has a fantastic benefits package, they're just not going to cover abortion-type contraceptives.
Now we'll see the unintended consequences of that decision, ones readily apparent to all except the religious zealots that midwifed that monstrosity into existence.
The consequences are going to be that women who want abortion-type contraceptives that happened to work for Hobby Lobby have to purchase them on their own. What do you call that unintended?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#763375 Jul 29, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What we know is that you are obsessed with brainwashing those around you. Any college professing neutrality of ideology should be ashamed to have you in its classroom as a professor.
It's obvious that you would find it impossible to resist the compulsion to disparage Christianity in any class you might teach. "That" makes you a bigot with the urge to commit hate crimes.
Baby, I don't disparage religion in my class. I do, however, since I teach anthropology, promote the study of religion. That necessitates looking at religions as cultural systems and comparing how differing ones use symbols, ritual and text to create meaning systems.

Here are the two papers my class had to read about religion:

http://home.ku.edu.tr/~dyukseker/lecture-durk...

http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/icb.topic15...

I only argue on here for your benefit, and whenever people attack me with their religious views. Anyways, you're seriously unhappy despite your religion. It's totally failed you. Have you thought of trying another one?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#763376 Jul 29, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there such a thing as true mythology?
Sure, here's 10 of them.

http://listverse.com/2013/01/31/10-mythical-t...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#763377 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. The two are nothing alike.
The analogy fits. If your complaint against abstinence only is it causes teen pregnancy then logically teaching teens to not run red lights will cause them to run red lights. That is the logical consequences of the argument and the assumptions put forth is garbage. The problem is not really the program. The problem is atheist paranoia because it smacks of Christian principles. Atheists want competition like third world dictators want competition. They want to eliminate competition. Like all control freaks they will not tolerate competition.
We don't have millions of years of evolution urging us to run red lights. In fact, our survival instinct gives an imperative to do the opposite once we understand what a red light is and the potential consequences of disregarding it.
Evolution is garbage. Modern mythology which promotes scientific racism. People run red lights all the time. People murder all the time. Under your scenario we should abolish laws against murder because they do not stop murder.
This is why don't have much use for the output of faith based thinkers. You seldom know how to think well. You haven't had enough practice.
I did not get to where i am in life on my good looks. I live in the real world and i do not sit on my ass like you do. I compete for business. I work, Long hours. You are a deadbeat fu*k. Probably in Mexico because you are a tax cheat. Avoiding debt. Does not matter to me. I am glad you are there.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#763378 Jul 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Like all believers, you "know" against all odds that your religion is "the one, true religion."
Not surprisingly, it's difficult for you to understand that believers of other religions have a very different, yet qualitatively similar opinion about their religions.
Uh-huh. And like all non-believers, you "know" against all odds that Christianity is false and it teaches lies. You "know" that your belief is "the one, true belief."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#763379 Jul 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
Save your atheist apologetics for yourself.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#763380 Jul 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you on crack?
Since when are Christian parents defenseless? I understand that you feel defenseless against my intellect - but, hey, you are against anyone's here.
And when did I deny "Berkeley's proof that an individual's life begins at conception."???
Nano, you have to stop drinking and smoking up in the morning. You're not making any sense.
Btw, I found the full pdf for that study. Here it is Nano, you crack monster you,
http://www.bu.edu/learninglab/files/2012/05/C...
Judgments About Fact and Fiction by Children From
Religious and Nonreligious Backgrounds
lol, you try SO hard to appear intellectual. I'm guessing you were taken off the bottle too early.

I'm taking some kids to the pool and then pizza so I won't be back on until around 4 or 5. Later.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#763381 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
Nah. I don't.
You mean you can't. Faith based thinker. Since you do not believe Intelligence came first. You must believe something else caused intelligence. A precursor to intelligence. Anything but God, yet you cannot explain what it is and how it happened. Where did intelligence come from? Where did life come from? All you have is a convoluted BS story.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#763382 Jul 29, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> So which part of these 8 points do you not agree with and why? Which part of these 8 points causes females to engage in pre marital sex?
Females?

Are you talking about lesbian sex then?

If that's the case, don't worry, nobody will get pregnant anyway.

If you don't know this, ask the Redneck to explain it to you.

Fennario

#763383 Jul 29, 2014
KENTUCKY wrote:
The lessons of Adam and Eve represent conduct in the face of temptation. They are not lessons in biology. The Bible is teaching Religion not science.
Jesus died for our sins. We would not be forced to change this view in light of new biological evidence
A lesson in biology tells us that there was no Adam or Eve, without which there was no original sin or curse. Although absurdity has never been a deal killer in the faith department, you may want to update your doctrine anyway.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#763384 Jul 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how much does an idiot pro athlete or rap 'artist' rake in these days?
you go, brother Rick, go and prosper your ass off in this goofy backwards world of idolatry.......
So you are saying that a minister, who has supposedly given his life to doing gods work and helping the poor, should ignore the poor, and live like like a rock star?

How many homeless people could he help with all those millions?

How many kids could have a hot meal? Do you think he even gives a sh*t at this point?

I expect athletes and rap stars to be selfish bastards but not a minister. He is supposed to be the ideal of his faith. We know what Rick and the other worship. And it is not god, its money and power.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#763385 Jul 29, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The analogy fits. If your complaint against abstinence only is it causes teen pregnancy then logically teaching teens to not run red lights will cause them to run red lights. That is the logical consequences of the argument and the assumptions put forth is garbage. The problem is not really the program. The problem is atheist paranoia because it smacks of Christian principles. Atheists want competition like third world dictators want competition. They want to eliminate competition. Like all control freaks they will not tolerate competition.
<quoted text> Evolution is garbage. Modern mythology which promotes scientific racism. People run red lights all the time. People murder all the time. Under your scenario we should abolish laws against murder because they do not stop murder.
<quoted text> I did not get to where i am in life on my good looks. I live in the real world and i do not sit on my ass like you do. I compete for business. I work, Long hours. You are a deadbeat fu*k. Probably in Mexico because you are a tax cheat. Avoiding debt. Does not matter to me. I am glad you are there.
What?

San Francisco, CA

#763386 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, here's 10 of them.
http://listverse.com/2013/01/31/10-mythical-t...
Nope.

More dishonesty.

Fennario

#763387 Jul 29, 2014
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
Remember always that if the shoe were on the other foot you would walk away awkwardly.
Also, you should never jump to harsh judgment against another person until you have walked a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets pissed, it's better that he's a mile away and barefoot.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#763388 Jul 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
if anyone would like to contribute your finances to make me wealthy, let me know and i will set-up a pay pal account for you to give through.
how much do all y'all spend on stupid, violent and deviant cable tv programing? can't you cut-back on that and give to me instead?:-)
I earned what I have. I send no money to money grubbing preachers who would not spit on you if you were on fire. But you go ahead. But don't expect any thing from me. Maybe I might send you one of those prayer cloths that nobody prays over and see if you can anything from it.

San Francisco, CA

#763389 Jul 29, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> <quoted text> Evolution is garbage. Modern mythology which promotes scientific racism.
Hahaha.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#763390 Jul 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So, here, the study you asked for. I finally found a free version. You can check it's methodologies and carefully analyze whether the psychologists properly followed psychological methodologies and statistics:
Judgments About Fact and Fiction by Children From Religious and Nonreligious Backgrounds:
http://www.bu.edu/learninglab/files/2012/05/C...
Okay, that seems like a legitimate and fair study. Thanks.

Basically what they found out is that children are more apt to follow in their parents footsteps. For example, a child brought up in an atheist home would likely find things like miracles to be untrue while a child brought up in a Christian home would likely think the opposite. Or a child brought up with a football fanatic dad will likely also enjoy watching football, or a child brought up in a Japanese speaking household will probably speak Japanese also.

They needed a study to figure that out?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Just Think 100,025
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 590,422
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr waaasssuuup 4,487
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr David play boy 110
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Just Wondering 612,201
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr lovewithin 40,509
Emirgan SERVIS ) SIEMENS (- 342 00 24 -) Servis... 2 hr siemenswr 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Charlie Sheen 271,359
More from around the web