Prove there's a god.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#763635 Jul 30, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
<quoted text> Reminded of Tortured For Christ by Wurmbrand. How the Communists treated God belief as a mental illness and forced Psychotropic meds on prisoners as experiments.
You are aware that there is religious freedom in Russia now...aren't you?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#763636 Jul 30, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh!
And this is totally off-topic:
Yesterday was a benchmark - 5 years cancer free, 5 years cigarette free, 14 years alcohol and substance free, other half's birthday, and our 21st anniversary is only days away.
All is well, feels good!
Congratulations!!

Enjoy.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#763637 Jul 30, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I saw that. Does it have any momentum?
Nah.

There was another proposal, to carve out one separate state, from the very north of California and southern Oregon. This one seems to have stalled.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#763638 Jul 30, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to base my life on stories and mythology? That's insane.
<quoted text>
I've done most of my higher education in America - I've met more than a couple of Americans. If you lived in Japan for as long as I've lived in your country, you'd be welcome to judge Japanese people based on your experiences.
It would be utterly insane to judge Japanese people based on our ancient religious texts.
"You want me to base my life on stories and mythology? That's insane"

you can do whatever you want to do, it makes no difference to me. but, what you ARE doing is basing your life on your fickle emotions and biased experiences and information.

as for me, i'm basing my life on the Person of Jesus Christ and it's working out very well for me and mine, thank you very much!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#763639 Jul 30, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I think you're worshiping the wrong deity. You don't come across as happy and you spout all kinds of immoral teachings. On the other hand, the Satanists seem quite reasonable - they support science programs and full disclosure of our scientific knowledge to women who seek abortions.
Plus, you seem to be worshiping a bully. "Love me or I'll punish you!" is the only message you send. Perhaps you should rethink your loyalty?
so you choose to rebel with satan over receiving God's Christ!

at least we were able to break this down to the most fundemental truth and i respect you for that!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#763640 Jul 30, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I for one am having fun with Satanism.
so you're the reckless type who lives for the present & temporary gratification but doesn't think about your eternal future with satan in the lake of fire, huh?

i for one, found out that satanism isn't very fun at all, but it leaves you empty and abused at the end of the day. satan is the epitome of selfishness and narcissism and so are they who espouse satanism....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#763641 Jul 30, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Genetics, biology, paleoanthropology, anthropology, archaeology, history, geology, and probably a lot more that I'm missing demonstrate that, without a doubt, Adam and Eve did not exist. Those are mythological figures.
You are a fine example of how religion makes it impossible for believers to tell fact from fiction. So the damage carries into adulthood. Thanks for your contribution to knowledge.
well here's the deal, darling - i can more accurately say that Genetics, biology, paleoanthropology, anthropology, archaeology, history, geology, and probably a lot more that I'm missing demonstrate that, without a doubt, Adam and Eve DID exist

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#763642 Jul 30, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like you judge modern day Christians by the Old Testament?
Hypocrite.
"in the snow" really? i bet you opted to be on top!;-)

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#763644 Jul 30, 2014
Booooo!

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#763645 Jul 30, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh!
And this is totally off-topic:
Yesterday was a benchmark - 5 years cancer free, 5 years cigarette free, 14 years alcohol and substance free, other half's birthday, and our 21st anniversary is only days away.
All is well, feels good!
Congratulations, my man and many many more to come. You and better half have a ball on your anniversary.

Location hidden

#763646 Jul 30, 2014
There was so much that was fkd up about that..

Location hidden

#763647 Jul 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
is that so???
did you talk to the alleged "DNA" personally or did you get this info 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th-hand from a flaming gaytheist who calls himself a "scientist"?
Well you are certainly not a biologist specializing in DNA research. So who do you think I am going to believe?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#763648 Jul 30, 2014

Location hidden

#763649 Jul 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"You want me to base my life on stories and mythology? That's insane"
you can do whatever you want to do, it makes no difference to me. but, what you ARE doing is basing your life on your fickle emotions and biased experiences and information.
as for me, i'm basing my life on the Person of Jesus Christ and it's working out very well for me and mine, thank you very much!:-)
Excuse me? There are no emotions attached to scientific reports and hard data.

The emotional part is on the christians and other theists.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#763650 Jul 30, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:
<quoted text>
While this is true, by it's own merit, is a weak reason to maintain an atheistic worldview. Philosophically, not all religions can be exclusively true at the same time in the same way, yet all can can contain some truths and all can be false. This doesn't mean they all are. To assume so is nothing more than a personal blanket mentality which highlights the laziness and ignorance of the atheist.
<quoted text>
Again, casting a blanket assumption that I can show to be a false position. Check out this website started by Jeffery Long, M.D. It lists many accounts of Near Death Experiences from many different people across a very wide range of cultures. Your assumption is therefore inaccurate. http://www.nderf.org/
<quoted text>
--Shortened so I can reply--
You write:
“Philosophically, not all religions can be exclusively true at the same time in the same way, yet all can can contain some truths and all can be false. This doesn't mean they all are. To assume so is nothing more than a personal blanket mentality which highlights the laziness and ignorance of the atheist.”
There are only 2 positions on whether any religion is true.
1. Only one is true
2. None are true---most likely answer.
Not being lazy or ignorant, just know that if there were a Christian/Hebrew god I think the whole earth would have known when he supposedly first let himself be known....you know, like 3500-4000 years ago. We know that humans have been inventing gods since at least 11,000 years ago...where the heck was he then?
You write:
“Again, casting a blanket assumption that I can show to be a false position. Check out this website started by Jeffery Long, M.D. It lists many accounts of Near Death Experiences from many different people across a very wide range of cultures. Your assumption is therefore inaccurate. http://www.nderf.o rg/”
There are also tens of thousands of people from everywhere (beginning in the 50's—some earlier) who solidly believe they have been snatched up in a flying saucer and anally probed. They all report similar scenarios....are they all true experiences?
You write:
“I doubt Francis Collins (Human Genome Project genius) came to belief because he was hit in the head. If you believe that, maybe YOU need to be hit in the head.:) j/k”
In 2007, Collins founded the BioLogos Foundation to "contribute to the public voice that represents the harmony of science and faith" he also created a website which bears the same name. He resigned from the BioLogos board when he was appointed to the NIH
Lately they have fired a few directors and underlings for acknowledging that Adam and Eve, as written in the Bible, cannot possibly be true because the DNA cannot/will not confirm the story—in actual fact the evidence shows that the Bible story is impossible. They are currently mum on the matter, no doubt waiting for religious apologetics to come up with some blarney.

Location hidden

#763651 Jul 30, 2014
Locomotive Breath

enjoy gort

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#763652 Jul 30, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:
In case you haven't realized it, you also are a "faith based" thinker.
Nope. We've already been through this. I have defined my terms, and using language in that manner.
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:
You trust that there is no god.
Your words. I don't rule out the possibility of generics gods.
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:
You reject all current claims that there is a god, and that is your current worldview is it not?
Yes. No faith is necessary to reject unsupported claims, whether of gods or leprechauns.
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:

Since faith is synonymous with trust (as I use it so please don't bore me with semantics about different types of faith - faith = trust: period)
Bore you with semantics? Do you know that you are arguing semantics now? Semantics is "the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning."

If you are going to be dictatorial about usage, then there is nothing more to discuss. I have been clear about what I mean when I use a word. You are entitled to nothing more. I am not obligated to use the word you preferred I use to mean what I tell you I mean.

Do you want to communicate or quibble?

Fennario

#763653 Jul 30, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:
you are indeed basing your life on the belief that lack of a belief in a deity is the correct worldview to maintain.
Only to the same extent that we both base our lives on the belief that there are no leprechauns. It isn't much of an effort, and it hardly deserves to be called a worldview. Atheism is not a worldview. Humanism, rational skepticism, empiricism, naturalism - these are words that describe my worldview, not atheism or aleprechaunism..
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:
Now I ask; what proof can you offer me that your worldview is the correct one? Take time to think this over carefully before answering.:)
Proof isn't relevant. Evidence properly understood is. I have a mountain of evidence in support of my present atheistic position, such as the great progress made transitioning from the mindset of the Dark and Middle Ages - the Age of Faith - into modernity and the Age of Reason (The Enlightenment)

I've shared much of this with you and other Christians over the months, but with no little discernible effect.

And what's with all this discussion of proof from the faithful? When has proof ever mattered to people of faith? Have you ever thought about how little a part proof plays in any of the decisions even we evidence and reason based thinkers make in our lives? Do you have proof that the floor will support the next step you take? Do you consider the resurrection of Christ likely or proven? Too much semantics?

Fennario

#763654 Jul 30, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:
Do you even know the origin and meaning of the word "worship?" I'm thinking not. LOL
I just showed you that I know what worship is. The etymology is neither surprising nor relevant.

And see if you can keep your condescension under control. I really don't care what you think about me, just my ideas. We can add that dimension to our discussion if you choose. Just let it be deliberate if that's how the spirit moves you.

Fennario

#763655 Jul 30, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
One day you will wish there were more babies around instead of less.
There is no scenario short of imminent extinction that that would be true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Steve III 650,045
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 11 min vanhalen 41
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 23 min vanhalen 36
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min Lbj 106,066
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 40 min ChromiuMan 6,078
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 47 min old school 44,933
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 47 min Buck Crick 55,974
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web