Prove there's a god.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#763790 Jul 31, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You really should get treatment for that tumor you call a personalty.
Oh!

IANS: 4

Nano:1

Wow, girl, you is trailen' and trainen' behind like you ain't hada drink o' wata since waaaaay before.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#763791 Jul 31, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Then providing driver education facilitates running red lights. Teaching Darwinism destroys any basis for belief in morality as does atheism.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The consensus seems to be that you're an idiot. Do you have a rebuttal?
It is Topix and the majority here are atheists and non rational. You are the one who says abstinence only facilitates teen pregnancy. If under that program a teen decides to be sexually active, it did not mean they were denied access to condoms or birth control. If abstinence only fails then all equally fail. The fault is not with the programs, nor is it necessarily with education. Absent responsible loving fathers is a huge part of the problem. When there is a loving father in the presence of a young female she is far better equipped to resist Romeos seduction attempts.

What does it matter if twice as many unwed girls are using birth control if 10,000 times are having sex? Teen pregnancy, single parents, is practically a guaranteed recipe for poverty. In marriages it takes two incomes to raise children. If you have a 20 something single mother of two working at McDonald's then not only do you have poverty, you have the precursor for generational poverty.

Some stable somewhere

#763792 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
Nobody believed this.
<quoted text>
Ouch. Scrunt down. Somebody get a mop.
Nano is like a male version of Lightbeamrider. I like them both because of their limitations and mental handicaps.

Anyways, you just responded to a Nanopost not directed at you, that brings our score to:

IANS: 4

Nano:2

Oh, no!

Can the Nanomonster make it up?

Some stable somewhere

#763793 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
Thanks. That was also new and very helpful.
There's a lot of literature on the subject - most of it mathematical, but also easily transferable to thinking about religions.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#763794 Jul 31, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Aura.
Get Dave over here.
Maybe he can demagnetize this Laser dude.
Prolly better to call for a clean up on aisle 7 , another christian meltdown.

Some stable somewhere

#763795 Jul 31, 2014
Lab28 wrote:
Y'know, I know I said the last one was my final post but I made the mistake of looking in... I am discouraged by what I see.
Welcome back. Your humor is sorely missed.

Some stable somewhere

#763796 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
There doesn't seem to be much reason to critique Christianity in Japan. I wish there were none in the West.
No, we have all the reason in the world to critique it here. It's trying to gain a foothold - thankfully, failing since it was introduced, mostly b/c of it's reliance on deceit - and so we must be on our guard and stop the advance of willful ignorance and self-induced stupidity.

It's also, thankfully, not part of this culture. It's an insult that it arrives in arrogance to teach us something, is an insult when it sets up churches and laughable in all its failures.

I will fight against that cancer coming to these shores.

Some stable somewhere

#763797 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
Interesting.
That's consistent with what Sweets posted. I am developing a new appreciation for these people, although like Sweets, I question their choice of a name.
Worth looking at. Well, they chose their name specifically to cause maximum panic and worry amongst Christians.

Plus, in a democratic society, laws made for Christians apply equally to Satanists - as we are seeing. Although I don't agree with them, I support that kind of resistance.
LOL.
<quoted text>
All the more reason to disempower that church, which specializes in human blighting - what you called structural violence and what I call bad people building. There is no good reason for there to be so many people like them, and no way to prevent it except to help people learn not already captured by the church to not get too cozy with it.
Absolutely. No argument from me.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#763798 Jul 31, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I'm going to hold out for someone who can make 72 virgins happy.
You're off the list!
I hate long waits, we might as well wait together though.
It could happen before the second coming , actually monogamy is my thing. But I have tried
multiple partners. Somehow it never works, It's like being drawn and quartered.

Some stable somewhere

#763799 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
The consensus seems to be that you're an idiot. Do you have a rebuttal?
that was his rebuttal...

Some stable somewhere

#763800 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
Congrats.
I have a five year anniversary as well: five years of retirement and expatriation. I closed my office July 31, 2009 and left the States a week later.
Wow. Was that difficult? I mean, emotionally, to leave behind something that you had created.

Location hidden

#763801 Jul 31, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You can't cherry pick at science, young man.
Like hell i can't. It is not your place to tell anybody what they can and cannot do.
The scientific community is in complete agreement here. There are no dissenters within its ranks in the relevant fields of expertise.
If they do dissent they are ostracized. They just keep quiet about it. They do not want to put up with the hassle. It does not affect their work all that much. That is why you have creationists with published papers. You have been shown them. They have been displayed. You are just a Darwin fanatic. Running out of time.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#763802 Jul 31, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
From intelligence comes intelligence. From life comes life. That means non intelligence does not ever produce intelligence and non life never produces life.
We don't take scientific opinions from faith based thinkers.
lightbeamrider wrote:
You are a Darwin worshipper.
Worshiping is for for people willing to grovel and fawn at the feet of narcissists requiring worship. It is emblematic of issues with self-worth. Why would you debase yourself like that?
lightbeamrider wrote:
Darwinism produces moral nihilism
Humanist morality is superior to Christian morality. Your bible endorses rape, monarchy, treating women and children as property, genocide, infanticide and slavery. It was rational ethicists who looked to their hearts and minds, rejected your religion, and declared its values barbaric. You simply cannot make that go away.

Nothing is more nihilistic than Christianity, which teaches you to loathe your own flesh, disesteem and blame mankind, and separate oneself from and hate the world. Name a more pessimistic, nihilistic and misanthropic philosophy than that.

Humanists by contrast are optimistic. Where you see apocalyptic destruction, we see unlimited potential for humankind: http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Some stable somewhere

#763803 Jul 31, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
It takes Intelligence to create life from non life.
Stop repeating yourself and just pony up the evidence for your claim.

Some stable somewhere

#763804 Jul 31, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Then providing driver education facilitates running red lights. Teaching Darwinism destroys any basis for belief in morality as does atheism.
What? I understand it's hard for you to write with a 2 digit IQ, but seriously, that's about the worst analogy I've seen.
It is Topix and the majority here are atheists and non rational. You are the one who says abstinence only facilitates teen pregnancy.
No, quote-mining dishonest person, we say "abstinence ONLY education" facilitates teen pregnancy."

How can you be so stupid to think that your audience would simply accept such a blatantly dishonest phrase?

Oh right. You are the person who chose "Lightbeamrider" for a name. Nevermind, carry on.

Some stable somewhere

#763805 Jul 31, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You can't cherry pick at science, young man.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Like hell i can't. It is not your place to tell anybody what they can and cannot do.
aaaaaaaaaahhhhahahahahahaha! hahahaha!!!

Yes, my apologies good sir. You can do whatever you like, especially if that includes ignoring reality.

Yeah, totally. Stay ignorant and stupid. Just pretend that entire disciplines of science are wrong because of your stupidity. Why are they wrong? Because Lightbeamrider says so!

150 years of biological science?

Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

200 years of geological science?

Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

250 years of physics?

Oh, I love you guys, lots of gaps to insert my gods!

150 years of anthropology?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Lightbeamrider, you are the reason education exists. It's like a pesticide for people like you. When I have kids, I'm having them read your posts as a warning to what can go horribly wrong in human maturation.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#763806 Jul 31, 2014
Laser Beam wrote:
Thanks for sharing with us how utterly stupid you are , you arrogant and ignorant atheist prick. You are an imbecile dedicated to delusional bullshit that only the pathetic duped mind of an atheist can dream up. Please, die tomorrow, you sack of shit LIAR.
There you go, lightbeamrider. These are Christian ethics at play - not the ones you claim for yourselves whday.ile pointing to the pretty passages of a book that you ignore. but the ones we see here on Topix every This is the atheophobia your bible endorses and that your priests encourage.

And death as punishment is central to Christian psychology. According to your murderous ideology, it was the punishment Adam and Eve and their descendents earned for disobedience, and also the source of redemption from damnation, a second and worse death. And history is littered with dead bodies killed for Christ, often after torture.

Most of you are too far gone to see care.

Some stable somewhere

#763807 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Worshiping is for for people willing to grovel and fawn at the feet of narcissists requiring worship. It is emblematic of issues with self-worth. Why would you debase yourself like that?
<quoted text>
Humanist morality is superior to Christian morality. Your bible endorses rape, monarchy, treating women and children as property, genocide, infanticide and slavery. It was rational ethicists who looked to their hearts and minds, rejected your religion, and declared its values barbaric. You simply cannot make that go away.
Nothing is more nihilistic than Christianity, which teaches you to loathe your own flesh, disesteem and blame mankind, and separate oneself from and hate the world. Name a more pessimistic, nihilistic and misanthropic philosophy than that.
Humanists by contrast are optimistic. Where you see apocalyptic destruction, we see unlimited potential for humankind: http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
This is my new motto:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
"You can't cherry pick at science, young man."

Lightbeamrider: "Like hell i can't. It is not your place to tell anybody what they can and cannot do."

When I get that journal article back that says "Have you read what X claims about embodiment? I think you need to rephrase here. Do you have any data to support your claim Y?"

I'm just going to write "Screw you guys, I can cherry pick my science because Lightbeamrider says so!"

Or when I become the manager of a nuclear power plant and it's failing, I'll just say:

"No problem, guys. We can just ignore anything we find distasteful. Lightbeamrider tells us that anything outside of our belief system can simply be ignored, especially if it challenges our desires in some way. Ignore that red light."

Some stable somewhere

#763808 Jul 31, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I hate long waits, we might as well wait together though.
It could happen before the second coming , actually monogamy is my thing. But I have tried
multiple partners. Somehow it never works, It's like being drawn and quartered.
You just have to keep all your relationships in the first bit of happiness, and then juggle the time well.

:)

Location hidden

#763809 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
Source does not matter if the info is correct.
Humanist morality is superior to Christian morality.
Your posts do not demonstrate morality. If anything they demonstrate bigotry.
Your bible endorses rape,
Well it records rape. That is not the same as endorsing. You are a bible illiterate.
monarchy, treating women and children as property,
So?
genocide, infanticide and slavery.
Yeah thoses things were done for all kinds of reasons. You only highlight those things because you despise the Bible and define Christians by the Old Testament. We have been over this over and over again and you trot out the same accusations. Ignore explanations, historical context. etc.
It was rational ethicists who looked to their hearts and minds, rejected your religion, and declared its values barbaric. You simply cannot make that go away.
Rid yourself of your bigotry. Your posts are laced with hate. You have been told this time and time again and have ignored. Now you are simply spamming the same tired old song and dance.
Nothing is more nihilistic than Christianity, which teaches you to loathe your own flesh, disesteem and blame mankind,
Yeah we know your bigotry agianst Christians.
and separate oneself from and hate the world. Name a more pessimistic, nihilistic and misanthropic philosophy than that.
Yeah we know your bigotry against Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faculty of Dentistry, Dalhousie University Hal... 17 min Case File 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 35 min Grunt56 223,082
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 44 min science is god 88,515
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr PadMark 703,824
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 6 hr stupdwmen 20
Are Ukraine women naturally prideful? 6 hr stupdwmen 4
I'm making a dating blog. Any advice? 6 hr stupdwmen 3