Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#763479 Jul 29, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
It is pretty grovelling behaviour, now you mention it. A bit of a slave mentality.
Absolutely.

And it's accompanied by slave ethics. You might have noticed that ethics of the New Testament - the Sermon on the Mount mostly - promotes a slave mentality. They're teaching people to accept exploitation without objection, to be meek, long-suffering, count poverty a blessing, accept injustices in this world because you will compensated in the next, turn the other cheek and let massah hit that one too, etc.

A slave needs to [1] forsake his family, and [2] forget the world outside of the plantation, and [3] surrender himself to massah. These verses capture that:

[1]“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26

[2] "You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God." - James 4:4

[3] "And he said to all,“If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it." - Luke 9:23-24

Worship is perfect practice for groveling through life.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#763480 Jul 29, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
I like this one today: http://i.imgur.com/TpY199T.jpg
Funny as hades.
KENTUCKY

Louisville, KY

#763481 Jul 29, 2014
and to think you believe yourself to be a beacon of light on a cold dark cloudy day.

Worship is unworthy of free citizens ?????????? Tell that to the 2%.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Agreed. Worship is unworthy of free citizens. We are each sovereign over ourselves.
And worshiping the sadistic, narcissistic god of Christianity is particularly degrading. Who but a narcissist would even want continuous praise, let alone create a universe and stock it with life to get it? And who but a sadist would keep the holdouts conscious after death just to toss them into a lake of fire and make them scream?
KENTUCKY

Louisville, KY

#763482 Jul 29, 2014
*******flush*******
<quoted text>
Absolutely.
And it's accompanied by slave ethics. You might have noticed that ethics of the New Testament - the Sermon on the Mount mostly - promotes a slave mentality. They're teaching people to accept exploitation without objection, to be meek, long-suffering, count poverty a blessing, accept injustices in this world because you will compensated in the next, turn the other cheek and let massah hit that one too, etc.
A slave needs to [1] forsake his family, and [2] forget the world outside of the plantation, and [3] surrender himself to massah. These verses capture that:
[1]“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26
[2] "You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God." - James 4:4
[3] "And he said to all,“If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it." - Luke 9:23-24
Worship is perfect practice for groveling through life.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#763483 Jul 29, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There was no link in the post last night and none this a.m. I call 'em as I seez 'em, loon.
lol, you have a short memory.
I understand now why you refuse to get tested, you're afraid a cranial amputation might be recommended. After a brief consideration, I suspect it might improve your personality AND your sex life.
No idea why you lie about the link. It's still there. Just reposted for you, along with news articles talking about it.

Or if you're not lying, wow, worried about your ability to ignore reality.

Some stable somewhere

#763484 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. And like all non-believers, you "know" against all odds that Christianity is false and it teaches lies. You "know" that your belief is "the one, true belief."
Yes and no. I know your religion is a myth, just like every other religion, but I don't know that mine is the "one, true belief." Unlike you, I admit my subjectivity and bias. All the evidence points me to my belief, but it's possible I'm just not getting it.

We all see what we know to be true and we miss what doesn't fit that worldview.

For an extreme case, just look at Nano. Somehow she insists I didn't post links to the Cognitive Science article that I most certainly posted links to.

Some stable somewhere

#763485 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, that seems like a legitimate and fair study. Thanks.
Basically what they found out is that children are more apt to follow in their parents footsteps. For example, a child brought up in an atheist home would likely find things like miracles to be untrue while a child brought up in a Christian home would likely think the opposite. Or a child brought up with a football fanatic dad will likely also enjoy watching football, or a child brought up in a Japanese speaking household will probably speak Japanese also.
They needed a study to figure that out?
That's not quite what they found. You are interpreting it one step further than the researchers are. For one thing, they did not have access to the parents, so they cannot draw the conclusion you are drawing.

They found that religious children will fail to interpret fiction as fiction if religious imagery is present in a story, whereas secular children do not make that mistake. It's more than simply parroting their parents - religious children who attend church have a whole swath of adults reinforcing belief in miracles and other impossibilities - moreover, to interpret little events in their life as if part of a deity's plan.

In other words, religious children are taught to live in a fantasy.

Some stable somewhere

#763486 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
You're also free to ignore his requests for evidence. You've seen what he does with them.
He sort of rocks back and forth with spittle dripping down his chin, clutching an ancient, but well taken care of, book.

Sure. That's a man I'd trust to inform me of, say, biological science.

Some stable somewhere

#763487 Jul 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting and revealing here that you're entire conclusion is based solely on your interpretaions of the behavior of individuals and NOTHING on the biographies of Jesus The Christ/The Son of God!!!
You want me to base my life on stories and mythology? That's insane.
would you like me to base my opinion of the entire Japanese Island, history and race based on the cpl japanese people i've had to do some business with over the years?
I've done most of my higher education in America - I've met more than a couple of Americans. If you lived in Japan for as long as I've lived in your country, you'd be welcome to judge Japanese people based on your experiences.

It would be utterly insane to judge Japanese people based on our ancient religious texts.

Some stable somewhere

#763488 Jul 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm..yeah...sure...sure people are jacked-up, you, me and everyone else - WE GET THAT!
now - have you read the eye-witness biographies/Gospels of Jesus The Christ? there will be a test regarding whether you've received or rejected Him and it determines your entire future; now and the one to come!!!
hahaha!

nice one :)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#763489 Jul 29, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Palin failed.
Is that the retarded chick?

Some stable somewhere

#763490 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy...
"Suicide also increases with knowledge (education). But knowledge is not the cause of increased suicide. Rather, it is when religious society loses cohesion that a man seeks to have more knowledge and kill himself."
You teach that biased shit to college kids?
No, that's not the main point of teaching Durkheim. I use it b/c he was the starting point to discuss other cultures as meaning systems.

I mean, I guess if I were teaching about suicide, he'd be the starting point for that discussion. But I'm pretty sure the discussion on suicide in psychology has moved waaaaaaaay beyond him.

However, think about those words more carefully. He's saying that if a believer loses his belief, that believer may think about suicide. He's not incorrect if you think about what happened when the Europeans destroyed and displaced cultures - people literally went insane, they're entire worlds collapsed, 9/10 of their friends died, etc.

Anyways, it would be like you waking up to think "there is no God!" That kind of change is profound. But, yeah, at the end of the day, the discussion on suicide has moved on - pretty sure it centers around one's social life, family and depression now.

Some stable somewhere

#763491 Jul 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i worship Who i know - the Deity who came and has a Name; Jesus The Christ, the only begotten of the Father.
won't you feel utterly stupid for opposing this obvious God when you stand to give an account of yourself and when it's too late for you to repent.....
Yeah, I think you're worshiping the wrong deity. You don't come across as happy and you spout all kinds of immoral teachings. On the other hand, the Satanists seem quite reasonable - they support science programs and full disclosure of our scientific knowledge to women who seek abortions.

Plus, you seem to be worshiping a bully. "Love me or I'll punish you!" is the only message you send. Perhaps you should rethink your loyalty?

Some stable somewhere

#763492 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop retracting.
Provide evidence that was an actual note on a page from Hitler and not a 'nobeliefs' scam.
Those are mostly propaganda photos - they Nazis took tons. Hitler was basically the first statesman to realize how powerful media is. He was the first to use TV, for example, and had photographers setting up shots all the time.

Anyways, I'm curious how you can be so demanding of evidence yet provide so little?

Some stable somewhere

#763493 Jul 29, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
I've often pointed out how well their behaviour meshes with the satanic bible and they get all uppity about it. Doesn't make it any less true.
Well I for one am having fun with Satanism.

Some stable somewhere

#763494 Jul 29, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure it's your assumption and opinion that Christianity is absolutely different(real) than all other mythologies.
There's no more reason for the nonbeliever to think Christianity or any other deity belief is more or less real than any other mythology.
They all smack of the hoodwink.
I don't think you understand that.
I love that Catcher subsequently pointed out that there's no such thing as a "real mythology."

Some stable somewhere

#763495 Jul 29, 2014
Super Scaritual wrote:
There's no more reason for the nonbeliever to think Christianity or any other deity belief is more or less real than any other mythology.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
The amount of anti-Christians trolling the world, especially in America, disagree with you.
Wait, what? The actions of non-Christians somehow demonstrates that Christianity is "real"?

Some stable somewhere

#763496 Jul 29, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we were discussing different religions being taught in schools and those are not just high school courses. Those four classes I mentioned are taught in grade school, junior high, and high school.
Religion is an object of study, Joy, not an instruction manual. It has no place in those courses, except for social studies, where it's part of ideology and people's actions.

There is no such thing as "Christian mathematics" just like there's no such thing as "Hindu chemistry."

Some stable somewhere

#763497 Jul 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i can prove through historic geneologies that adam and eve did exist and you can't prove they didn't.
now that you've been proven a liar and have been humbled, your next step toward honesty and integrity is to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord:-)
Genetics, biology, paleoanthropology, anthropology, archaeology, history, geology, and probably a lot more that I'm missing demonstrate that, without a doubt, Adam and Eve did not exist. Those are mythological figures.

You are a fine example of how religion makes it impossible for believers to tell fact from fiction. So the damage carries into adulthood. Thanks for your contribution to knowledge.

Some stable somewhere

#763498 Jul 29, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Christian parents" were in no way mentioned in my post, tardwad. The defenseless are the unborn that your cult hates so much.
lol, I just Googled "is Kathleen Corriveau a radical atheist" and about 10,000 sources popped up revealing that radical atheists are a big fan of hers, proving she is, indeed, biased when it comes to Christianity. I'll read your link but it's clear enough she's compelled to put a biased spin on this "subject" she "created" to study.
I, personally, have never met a Christian child older than 5 that could not tell the difference between an illustration of Peter Rabbit, the Tooth Fairy, or Santa and a living subject. Your idol is just as full of shyt as Sam Harris is, throwing in her personal bias with just enough of a mix of legitimate, viable research from previous research to pass the lenient eye of militant atheists. Kind of like her more acceptable suggestion that, "Children prefer to learn from an informant who uses non-circular explanations." lol, by that claim, IANS would never be asked to host the kindergartners' Show and Tell Time.
I understand reality might be difficult for you, but the psychological study I linked to, the one you claim I didn't link to, has nothing to do with abortion. It's about testing 5 and 6 year olds.

So...you're off on some crazy tangent. Which isn't to be unexpected, honestly.

And the reason you've never met a child who can differentiate between reality and fiction is because you live in a Christian world. You're only meeting children who've been abused vis a vis your religion. Thanks for confirming the results of that study by anecdote.

Here's the link again, crazy lady:

http://www.bu.edu/learninglab/files/2012/05/C...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Riverside Rednek 60,553
I just caught my mom masturbating 9 min Mama01 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 695,806
News Trump: Dem Memo a 'Bust,' Confirms Actions That... 1 hr davy 7
Dem Libtard Keeps Screaming 2 hr Yes we can 1
Where Does It Say In The Bible...? 2 hr The OT 2
Dem Livertard Are All Liars& Narcists 5 hr town drunk 4
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web