<quoted text>
I suspect very carefully, dumb ass.
Huh?

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#763043 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain where you think I was dishonest.
I'll evaluate your claim and we can discuss it.
Otherwise, "stifle it".
No, I won't play your games.

I'll continue to point out your dishonesty, when it's there, just as Hiding just did.

I don't need your "evaluation".

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#763044 Jul 28, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Why would it ever be nice to lie?
Good point. Please stop lying.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#763045 Jul 28, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really here to curry favor.
You must have missed my first post to you on the matter - I said the same thing then. He was a Christian, he stopped being one privately. Publicly, though, he didn't. So we need a nuanced approach to understanding him, if that's our goal. If we just want to say "hey, he's like you guys and not like us guys" so that we can strengthen and us/them identity while making the "them" look evil, I have issues with that.
And that's the only bit that I'm fighting.
And that is the perfect position. Christianity is a helpful tool in totalitarianism.

Some stable somewhere

#763046 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If abstinence education contributes to teen pregnancy then teaching teens to stop at red lights in driver education encourages the running of red lights. The statement is absurd on its face.
"Additionally, research shows that abstinence-only strategies could deter contraceptive use among teenagers, thus increasing their risk of unintended pregnancy.
For example, take the states with the highest and lowest teen pregnancy rates. Mississippi does not require sex education in schools, but when it is taught, abstinence-only education is the state standard. New Mexico, which has the second highest teen birth rate, does not require sex ed and has no requirements on what should be included when it is taught. New Hampshire, on the other hand, requires comprehensive sex education in schools that includes abstinence and information about condoms and contraception."

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/04/10/46...

" States that prescribe abstinence-only sex education programs in public schools have significantly higher teenage pregnancy and birth rates than states with more comprehensive sex education programs, researchers from the University of Georgia have determined.

The researchers looked at teen pregnancy and birth data from 48 U.S. states to evaluate the effectiveness of those states' approaches to sex education, as prescribed by local laws and policies.

"Our analysis adds to the overwhelming evidence indicating that abstinence-only education does not reduce teen pregnancy rates," said Kathrin Stanger-Hall, assistant professor of plant biology and biological sciences in the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences."

http://news.uga.edu/releases/article/abstinen...
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#763047 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah women want to have control over their bodies but cannot keep their legs together. Most of your out of wedlock births, abortions HIV and all that is in the Black community and from single parent families. That is the real problem, not abstinence only.
http://futureofchildren.org/publications/jour...
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/racialethnic/aa/f...
http://familyinequality.wordpress.com/2012/12...
Regardless, there is no disagreement that the majority, and perhaps the large majority, of inmates grew up in fatherless homes.
There you go blaming women again.

Do you ever stop to think that women wouldn't have to bother with keeping their legs together if men would simply stop trying to stick their cock into a holster?

Men bear no less than equal responsibility, but are the ones most easily able to walk away from the consequences.

Location hidden

#763048 Jul 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My problem is that, under the guise of making a statement on an unrelated subject, you inject your racism.
This is the same sort of dishonesty I keep pointing out to the Redneck.
Why do adherents think that their veil is a thin disguise?

Some stable somewhere

#763050 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yet Topix atheists have no problem in insisting Hitler was Christian. Hitler was a Darwinist. That is how he got sub human Jews. Inferior poles. Straight out of Darwin.
Quotes can be provided out of Descent Of Man.
Hitler was not a Darwinist, you idiot.

Social Darwinism is what you mean, but you're too stupid to understand that.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#763049 Jul 28, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Joy, I see you are a Dominionist. The above quotes from someone elses sermon are clearly Dominionists in nature.
Do you know what Dominionism is? It is the belief that Christianity should take over by whatever means necessary, and rule the earth, and that Old Testament laws will apply to everyone on this ol' globe....thats 'Old Testament', you know the ones where you can be stoned for fornication and a long list of sex crimes, as well as other stupid offenses.
Not only is this a very stupid idea, but it is borderline treasonous in todays world.
“Thousands of years ago, God told the children of Israel to go up and occupy the land that He had given them. He told them to take it, by force and without fear, from the ungodly ones who were dwelling there.”
“He's still saying that today. God is still trying to get us, as His people, to take the good land He's given us. He's still trying to get us to use the power He's given us to run the wicked one out.”
“You see, this earth doesn't belong to the devil. It belongs to God (Ps. 24:1). The devil has just moved in and taken control of things because we believers haven't stopped him.”
“...if we're going to establish the dominion of God in the earth. We're going to have to get moving. We can't do it sitting down!”
“So today if the devil has control of an area of your life or your church or your community, rise up in the Spirit through faith and prayer and the Word and start taking that territory back. Don't be afraid. His defense is departed from him. He has no weapon that can stand against you.
The Lord is with you. Rise up in the Name of Jesus and take back the land!”
All of these are clearly treasonous by todays standards....you could get sent to guantanamo as a terrorist..:o)
No, I did not know what a Dominionist was before you told me. However, I am not one. I have said and mean it when I say that everyone should have the right to believe what they wish. I think schools should allow, not mandate, religion/religious teachings. I do believe it would help the world and our schools/children. That is my opinion. I do not think it should be forced on anyone. Whether you and the others believe that I am being honest, this is the truth. I posted this because I believe it stresses the point to stand up God and his message. I like the message in this, with the meaning to me being stand up for God and his plan, not to let others push us down. I don't think non-believers should let us push them down either. I just wish that we all could find a happy middle ground. This is a public forum. I am not forcing my beliefs on any of you. I am merely sharing my beliefs and experiences in God. You all have every right to do the same with non-belief.

Hope all is well with you and yours. Best wishes.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#763051 Jul 28, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I meant as in direct attacking of Christians - as in the Polish Catholics.
Anyways, nevermind my views. Support yours with evidence.
Again?
gott mit uns
They used more than their most famous symbol.
That was only propaganda, nothing more.
See? Intellectual dishonesty. Again.
You have just created a false category, for religious reasons. You are demonstrating why we should not trust faith based thinkers.
Either you misunderstand me or I'm not being clear enough. Probably the latter.
In no way do I mean to imply that Hitler persecuted Jews equally to Christians (which is why I never said that).
His policies were not anti-Christian. They were first and foremost anti-Jew. He ONLY attacked Christians who resisted him.
Right. That's why he forbade any evangelical or Catholic press to be printed? That's why he removed all crucifixes Christian from public schools? Did all those public education schoolkids resist him?

Hitler's struggle against Christianity was an ideological assault, a power struggle. It wasn't nearly the physical and murderous struggle he had with Jews.

You might find this scholarly article interesting:

http://digitalcommons.iwu.edu/cgi/viewcontent...

Pay attention who Himmler was and what he did.
You just said that above. In this quote:
<quoted text>
And you made several similar claims prior to this one.
Again, you misread me. Or I didn't make myself clear enough.

Location hidden

#763052 Jul 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My problem is that, under the guise of making a statement on an unrelated subject, you inject your racism.
This is the same sort of dishonesty I keep pointing out to the Redneck.
Here is an interesting article from a Christian about why Christians behave badly.

http://www.tillhecomes.org/10-excuses-christi...

Location hidden

#763053 Jul 28, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently not if they're kids and seeing something like "Noah".
My source are bigots, huh? The Journal of Cognitive Science. You be sure and write them that, Nano. I know they'll value your input.
Of course their bigots. Scientists have a bias toward reality and truth and that is just so bigoted.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#763054 Jul 28, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, people can have existed and have miracles, magic and sorcery associated with them. Jesus could well have been a real person and made mythological. What's that guy's name in India? The one who performs all the miracles? He's like the modern day Jesus - a living mythological figure.
I have read what I could find, which amounted to two paragraphs each...or am I incorrect?
btw, you were right. In Poland, Nazis killed around 10-20000 Catholics. I misread when I went over the information - all I saw was prison numbers. Sorry :(
(that still doesn't mean they should be categorized in the same group as Jews - he was killing them for their resistance, not for their Catholicism. Those are important differences.)
"Hitler killed Jews, Christians, gypsies, homosexuals and blacks"

Does not mean:

"Hitler killed Jews, Christians, gypsies, homosexuals and blacks equally"

I don't understand why you read it that way.

Location hidden

#763055 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain where you think I was dishonest.
I'll evaluate your claim and we can discuss it.
Otherwise, "stifle it".
My, Meathead, you think you are powerful. I wonder why that is?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#763056 Jul 28, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really here to curry favor.
You must have missed my first post to you on the matter - I said the same thing then. He was a Christian, he stopped being one privately. Publicly, though, he didn't. So we need a nuanced approach to understanding him, if that's our goal. If we just want to say "hey, he's like you guys and not like us guys" so that we can strengthen and us/them identity while making the "them" look evil, I have issues with that.
And that's the only bit that I'm fighting.
Sigh....

You're right. It's always been an "us vs them" argument.

Maybe we should just let it go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#763057 Jul 28, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my first question was whether then-living historians documented Jesus, not whether someone wrote about it after the fact.
There seems to be some academic disagreement on where Tacitus got his source - it's useless information if it came from Christian sources. The problem identified in what I read was that Tacitus incorrectly labels Pilate's position, which he wouldn't do if he was actually using Roman records.
On what grounds do you claim that if it came from Christian sources, it's useless?

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#763058 Jul 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
See?
Another dishonest analogy, to suit your agenda.
Actually I quite like that analogy. Vow to abstain, but always have a condom handy just in case you cant quite control yourself.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#763059 Jul 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
No, I won't play your games.
I'll continue to point out your dishonesty, when it's there, just as Hiding just did.
I don't need your "evaluation".
I'm not the one here playing games, you are. You claimed that a post of mine was dishonest but you refuse to point out *what* was dishonest about it.

Game on, Catch? C'mon man.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#763060 Jul 28, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was not a Darwinist, you idiot.
Social Darwinism is what you mean, but you're too stupid to understand that.
Hitler was a Darwinist. You are in denial. Nobody believes your historical revisionism. Darwinism is scientific racism.

Location hidden

#763061 Jul 28, 2014
KENTUCKY wrote:
The lessons of Adam and Eve represent conduct in the face of temptation.
They are not lessons in biology.
The Bible is teaching Religion not science.
Jesus died for our sins. We would not be forced to change this view in light of new biological evidence.<quoted text>
He got better. Not much of a sacrifice when you go right back yo goddin'. Actually, as written, He committed suicide, unless you'd saying He didn't see it coming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Steve III 641,631
Submit Website URL Free to Best Search Engines (Aug '10) 8 min jorvajor 11
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 28 min USA-1 38,356
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 29 min Steve III 44,403
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Ex Lesbian 38,297
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr X Pendable 182,295
Supporting Trump like the fallen angels support... 1 hr Ex Lesbian 28
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 104,721
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Ricky F 618,404
More from around the web