Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#763096 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Hitler was a Darwinist. You are in denial. Nobody believes your historical revisionism. Darwinism is scientific racism.
@Redneck.

Is this your view also?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#763097 Jul 28, 2014
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>What's the plan? Can I get in in triplicate on my desk by Friday?
Lightbeamrider doesn't like it when women are spreading. It makes him uncomfortable in that special place. Till we meet again, half naked and swinging from trees.
Got an argument? All you demonstrate is sarcasm along with absurd claims.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#763098 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Nothing is proven true. The fault is never with the message. It is always with people. Want to blame a program for teen pregnancy? That is the height of stupidity.
"always with the people" says the uneducated, dishonest, barely intelligible embarrassment for Christ.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#763099 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah women want to have control over their bodies but cannot keep their legs together. Most of your out of wedlock births, abortions HIV and all that is in the Black community and from single parent families. That is the real problem, not abstinence only.
http://futureofchildren.org/publications/jour...
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/racialethnic/aa/f...
http://familyinequality.wordpress.com/2012/12...
Regardless, there is no disagreement that the majority, and perhaps the large majority, of inmates grew up in fatherless homes.
Women? So, I think we need to have "the talk". Women aren't getting pregnant from toilet seats or spreading their legs when the dandelions bloom.

The real problem is apparently the penis. You've heard of thinking with the small head, I'm sure. Why is it that you won't even resort to that and you continue to think out of your ...?

So, we've established that you consider women and non-whites to be your inferior. Why is that the way among Christian, white makes? What is it about your theology that promotes such views?

The large majority of inmates are put into prison for crimes that should not be crimes. The large majority of inmates that are put into prison are done so out of racism. Blacks get sent up at an amazing proportion to whites for drug crimes despite an eerily similar percentage of usage. Anecdotally, a friend of mine who works in the aviation industry and is regularly drug tested was discussing his imminent retirement and his desire to relocate to FL from NY and partake in one of the green plants your god promised (Genesis 1:29) but your Christian lawmakers revile. I asked why he didn't move to CO or WA where his activities would not be scrutinized. His response? "I'm white. They don't send white guys to jail for pot"

You know what. He's right.

You know what? You're not. It really is that simple.

Some stable somewhere

#763100 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Opinion. <quoted text> The existence of God is beyond opinion.
Pony up your evidence.

Manhattan Beach, CA

#763101 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh...
You want to buy a house? You're on your own.
You want to buy a car? You're on your own.
You want to take a trip to Italy? You're on your own.
You want new sprinklers in your yard? Again, on your own.
You want to take a helicopter ride? You're on your own.
You want to have a baby that you can afford? Hey no problem, everyone else will pay for it.
Yet another dishonest analogy.

Location hidden

#763102 Jul 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Christians own a fox?> I hope it isn't Heather Locklear or Pam Anderson! lol
Hmm, I suppose our foxiness has kept up with theirs. Can you beep a horn?

Location hidden

#763103 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.... So what if a teenager chooses abstinence as a personal choice?
And why are you stuck on teens? Don't you know that people in their 20s, 30s, 40s and usually 50s still have raging hormones?
Teen pregnancy is an epidemic in the Bible Belt, even if you control for abortion. 50 year olds have raging hormones? The Low T Center would like a word with you.

Some stable somewhere

#763104 Jul 28, 2014
<quoted text>And that is the perfect position. Christianity is a helpful tool in totalitarianism.
Totally.

If they have to use deceit to support their religion, that tells us what to think of them and theirs.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#763105 Jul 28, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only did you not read that in context, you don't understand what you're reading. You're embarrassing yourself.
RR/Stilgar, see? If religion requires this kind of deceit and stupidity, it's a harmful system.
“I could show fight on natural selection having done and doing more for the progress of civilization than you seem inclined to admit. Remember what risk the nations of Europe ran, not so many centuries ago of being overwhelmed by the Turks, and how ridiculous such an idea now is! The more civilised so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of the lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilized races throughout the world.”
&#8213; Charles Darwin

“Truly, this earth is a trophy cup for the industrious man. And this rightly so, in the service of natural selection. He who does not possess the force to secure his Lebensraum in this world, and, if necessary, to enlarge it, does not deserve to possess the necessities of life. He must step aside and allow stronger peoples to pass him by.”
&#8213; Adolf Hitler
----------

Quit making excuses. Hitler admired Darwin. Darwinism causes scientific racism.

Location hidden

#763106 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> F U Catcher.
My, my, Jesus would be proud. Read the first cartoon in this article. Whoops.

http://www.tillhecomes.org/10-excuses-christi...

Wait, F U Catcher. Friendly Understanding, Catcher! Good show!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#763107 Jul 28, 2014
<quoted text>Wow, what a powerful,rebuttal.<quoted text>According to whom? Which god? Thor? Allah? Those adherents make the same claims you do. Why are you, absent of any evidence, more plausible?<quoted text>Yeah, here's a mirror.<quoted text> What does that even mean?<quoted text>For what? <quoted text>Your mind does not matter, clearly. <quoted text>Wow, you were right once. <quoted text>Nonsensical. Revise. <quoted text>Huh?<quoted text>You're on a roll, but in such an odd way.<quoted text>Who claims men came from apes? How can you refute something if you don't understand it?<quoted text>Why? Don't you need to prove how intelligence can derive from the supernatural, of which you have zero evidence, and of which any equally ludicrous claim can be made? <quoted text>Who is making that claim? Only you. <quoted text>Who is making that claim? Only you. If you turn a rock over and see a salamander, do you have difficulty distinguishing between the two? <quoted text>Haha. Oh, sweet irony. I wish I could learn about your background. I know no one like you in real life. You're a hoot.
Regards Baby Jeebus, I hope you don't mind if I interject here.

“lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>

Multi verse, abiogenesis, even man from ape like creatures which provides a rational for scientific racism no matter how much it is denied.
Who claims men came from apes? How can you refute something if you don't understand it?”

LBR
I don't think I have come across anyone making a case for racism from the fact that humans descended from the great ape line.

How is your explanation for a vaporous God taking a handful of clay and fashioning a human being from it better then our - proven by facts - explanation that we humans evolved from the great ape line?

We got DNA and bones....what you got?

A BOOK!...a 2 thousand year old book?

You got to be kidding....

:o)

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#763108 Jul 28, 2014
<quoted text>Huh?
I don't recall stuttering.

Location hidden

#763109 Jul 28, 2014
KENTUCKY wrote:
....Up to a point, yes. That point is that God created the universe as opposed to "by chance".
As far as Adam -Eve, it depends. I was always taught(as a Catholic) that the Bible is full of parables with a moral outline and not to be taken literally. I don't think the Catholic church has an official position on the theories of creation or evolution and leaves it up to the individual. I did read an article where a Catholic Bishop says A + E is a myth. Again, it is up to the individual.
http://consciouslifenews.com/catholic-cardina...
"pick and choose" ..... well, science does the same. When new evidence is presented an idea might change to fit the new data. <quoted text>
But the god arose "by chance". Please tell me how explaining away complexity with something even more complex is in any way rational. After all, you must be the smartest man in KY.(Sorry, that was a silly shot, but I was hanging out with two guys from KY today, one from Louisville and one from Lexington and that was a common meme throughout the evening.

Location hidden

#763110 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> This was the claim.
<quoted text>
Prove abstinence education causes teen pregnancy.
None of what you posted proves abstinence only causes teen pregnancy. That was the claim. Not failure or success.
Teen pregnancy is caused by teens having sex. Abstinence only education leads to teen ignorance about how to prevent those pregnancies. Drops mike.

Manhattan Beach, CA

#763111 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Got an argument? All you demonstrate is sarcasm along with absurd claims.
Hahaha.

Precious.

Location hidden

#763112 Jul 28, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can always ship it on to me. I actually like fruit cake.
Wait? What? Someone cal Marlin Perkins! We found one in the wild.

"Watch as Jim approaches the Fruit Cake Bat. That reminds me of insurance. Mutual of Omaha..."

Sorry, but is don't think you're American or old enough but I had to do it. If you like fruit cakes, you must be the president of the waaasssuup fan club.

Some stable somewhere

#763113 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Again?
Yeah, you didn't do so in the first place.
That was only propaganda, nothing more.
So you are now claiming that propaganda does not include symbols? And you're telling me that, for the Germans, Got mit uns meant nothing?

Pretty amazing insights you have there.
Either you misunderstand me or I'm not being clear enough. Probably the latter.
In no way do I mean to imply that Hitler persecuted Jews equally to Christians (which is why I never said that).
You implied it by grouping them together. Be more clear in the future, please. When you group unalike categories, then produce an argument that supports a religious position, it comes across as dishonest, whether you meant it that way or not.
Right. That's why he forbade any evangelical or Catholic press to be printed? That's why he removed all crucifixes Christian from public schools? Did all those public education schoolkids resist him?
I haven't read such things. If he did so, I would guess he was beginning to implement his plan to switch the blind faith given to religion by the masses to Nazism and himself, as per what he wrote in his journals.
Hitler's struggle against Christianity was an ideological assault, a power struggle. It wasn't nearly the physical and murderous struggle he had with Jews.
You might find this scholarly article interesting:
http://digitalcommons.iwu.edu/cgi/viewcontent...
Pay attention who Himmler was and what he did.
<quoted text>
Again, you misread me. Or I didn't make myself clear enough.
I'm not sure why, but you're analysis here completely fails to include the Christian messages he used in propaganda, speeches and symbolism. Plus, you keep pointing to non-Hitler people and claim that it backs up your statements about Hitler.

So why are you singularly focused on his treatment of *certain* Christian groups - the Catholics, mostly in Polland - and entirely leaving out his Christian propaganda and Christian nation? Clearly Hitler wasn't struggling against Christianity - rather, he had issues with very specific churches in very specific nations.

It's hard to not draw the conclusion that you would prefer the very strong Christian influences in the Nazi state to be forgotten, so that the religion, in all of its forms, becomes a religion of peace, love and happiness.

Some stable somewhere

#763114 Jul 28, 2014
<quoted text>Of course their bigots. Scientists have a bias toward reality and truth and that is just so bigoted.
Sooooooo bigoted. So awful of us! Let's hide behind dogma and tell them everything will be ok.

Location hidden

#763115 Jul 28, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like abstinence education might not work.
*rolls eyes*
Hey, how you doin'?

Haha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min River Tam 92,719
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 54 min MUQ2 286,086
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 57 min MUQ2 46,040
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 1,101
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 667,942
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 3 hr truth 7
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 4 hr raj 37
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web