Prove there's a god.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#763134 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
“I could show fight on natural selection having done and doing more for the progress of civilization than you seem inclined to admit. Remember what risk the nations of Europe ran, not so many centuries ago of being overwhelmed by the Turks, and how ridiculous such an idea now is! The more civilised so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of the lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilized races throughout the world.”
&#8213; Charles Darwin
“Truly, this earth is a trophy cup for the industrious man. And this rightly so, in the service of natural selection. He who does not possess the force to secure his Lebensraum in this world, and, if necessary, to enlarge it, does not deserve to possess the necessities of life. He must step aside and allow stronger peoples to pass him by.”
&#8213; Adolf Hitler
----------
Quit making excuses. Hitler admired Darwin. Darwinism causes scientific racism.
Again, quote miner and intellectually bankrupt deceitful person, you fail to understand what Darwin is saying.

You

- didn't read it in context
- don't understand anything
- don't understand history even slightly
- fail to understand that language changes over time

Notice how Darwin qualifies Caucasion races above with "so-called." Darwin didn't believe that race meant "subspecies." He was worried that nations with superior technology would destroy those with less. He used the language of the time - straight from anthropology - that talked about cultures with lessor technology as "savage." In fact, "savage, barbarian and civilised" had specific, technical meaning associated with the level of technology in society.

This is all way beyond your tiny education, though. So I don't expect you to understand it. In the larger writing by Darwin above, which you didn't read b/c it's too big for you, Darwin is deeply worried that Europeans will wipe out other peoples b/c of their higher tech. He's worried humans will wipe out all apes and monkeys, b/c that's what has happened throughout evolution when one species becomes dominant - it wipes out related species.

Anyways, he wasn't wrong. The European expansion destroyed hundreds of millions of people worldwide, countless languages and cultural groups, and entirely changed the face of the planet. It's continuing to this day with foraging, pastoral and horticultural groups pushed to the margins.

Man, but you are stupid.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#763135 Jul 28, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
How Can We Love Difficult People? BY RICK WARREN — JULY 27, Sunday
“If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.”(Romans 12:18 NIV)
One of the most important skills we can develop as we walk with Christ is to love difficult people.
Here are four methods Jesus modeled when he encountered difficult people:
Realize you can't please everybody. Even God can't do that! Refuse to play games (Matthew 22:18).
Learn to say no to unrealistic expectations. Confront them by “speaking the truth in love”(Ephesians 4:15 NIV).
NEVER retaliate (Matthew 5:38-39). It only lowers you to their level.
Pray for them (Matthew 5:44). It will help both of you. Let God speak to them.
Talk About It
Why is it better to please God instead of trying to please everybody else?
What are some ways to say no to unrealistic expectations?
What are ways you can pray for the difficult people in your life?
http://devotion.wedaretobelieve.com/
Psst, rumors exist that 'ole Rick likes oysters as well as clams.

Spartacus!

Should you really be quoting a closeted homosexual to prove your point?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#763136 Jul 28, 2014
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>My married sister had an IUD "installed" in 1982. In 1983 she was involved in an horrific car accident in which she was not at fault. Her pelvic injuries were so dramatic that her IUD rendered her infertile. She is a joyous woman that would have been a marvel as a mother. In the meantime, Andrea Yates pumped out copious children whom she subsequently drowned in the name of Jesus.
Please alliterate god's plan again, because the static is overwhelming.
OK, I will respond for the Church.

Our God has a plan.

Your sister somehow got caught up in His plan.

We humans are unworthy scum, and have no right whatsoever to question our God or his plan.

As for alliterating our God's plan, I'm sorry. It's a secret plan.
uIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#763137 Jul 28, 2014
<quoted text>Haha. Wonderful! His church is the Saddleback Church. Google saddleback if no children are present and there are no net monitors who regulate your salary.
Welcome back i always like reading your very witty posts in make me laugh so hard on how you smack them dem questionable Xtain fundies down to size! Bahhahaaa
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#763138 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> What difference does that make? You do not believe in any of them. <quoted text> If you do not believe the universe came into being from nothing, by Something, for something, then you must believe the universe came into being from nothing, by nothing, for nothing. I don't know how i can dumb it down for you anymore. The former is more plausible. Atheism explains nothing.
You're incorrect

Atheism explains everything

Universe always existed..

Dumb one is YOU kristain

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#763139 Jul 28, 2014
<quoted text>Yet, until you were corrected, you propagated the lie. Why?
Damn, my Captcha as 6466. So close.
He'll say he wasn't careful enough, or got lazy.

Maybe issue a vanilla apology, for not making himself sufficiently clear.

Or, he thought we'd realize that it was just humor.

Or something like that.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#763140 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep everyone happy, have education about both abstinence and contraception. Let the people decide what they choose to do.
And if they choose unsafe sex and have an "unwanted pregnancy" (lol), they're in their own.
I agree except for the 'on their own' part. Yes we often support those that con the system, but there are always those women who are caught up in men's lies, and I'd much rather make sure they don't fall through the cracks.

I'm sorry....I have a soft spot for women--my mom was one.

:o)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#763141 Jul 28, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
To LB: Hitler never read Darwin.
Prove it.
Hitler read Herbert Spencer's Social Darwinism.
Spencer read Darwin?
You're unbelievably deceitful and stupid. You do your religion proud.
Hitler was a Darwinist. Darwinism brings about scientific racism. Its a natural consequence. In a world without God there is no right or wrongs. No transcendent morality everyone should obey. No universal rights. There is no accountability except to man. There are only circumstances.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#763142 Jul 28, 2014
<quoted text>Wait? What? Someone cal Marlin Perkins! We found one in the wild.
"Watch as Jim approaches the Fruit Cake Bat. That reminds me of insurance. Mutual of Omaha..."
Sorry, but is don't think you're American or old enough but I had to do it. If you like fruit cakes, you must be the president of the waaasssuup fan club.
Cant help it , I am just one of those freaks of nature. Bring them fruit cakes on down to my house.

My mama used to wrap a fruit cake in cheesecloth, and every other day, soak the cloth in sweet red wine. That way it was moist instead of dry. And would last forever.

Oh, lordy, don't mention my name and waaasssuup in the same sentence.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#763144 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Your guess isn't fact.
Thought you should know.
What would you know about facts?

Have a little faith in meeeee.

Location hidden

#763145 Jul 28, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Why would it ever be nice to lie?
A claim that a human has never lied is a tacit lie.

Until the day we meet again.... we will not have seen each other.

Location hidden

#763146 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If abstinence education contributes to teen pregnancy then teaching teens to stop at red lights in driver education encourages the running of red lights. The statement is absurd on its face.
Really? Sex drive is analogous to drive time? You're very unique.

Are you the same guy that proposes this analogy yet calls atheism faith and a religion?

If you can't see why that is ridiculous......

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#763147 Jul 28, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, quote miner and intellectually bankrupt deceitful person, you fail to understand what Darwin is saying.
You
- didn't read it in context
- don't understand anything
- don't understand history even slightly
- fail to understand that language changes over time
Notice how Darwin qualifies Caucasion races above with "so-called." Darwin didn't believe that race meant "subspecies." He was worried that nations with superior technology would destroy those with less. He used the language of the time - straight from anthropology - that talked about cultures with lessor technology as "savage." In fact, "savage, barbarian and civilised" had specific, technical meaning associated with the level of technology in society.
This is all way beyond your tiny education, though. So I don't expect you to understand it. In the larger writing by Darwin above, which you didn't read b/c it's too big for you, Darwin is deeply worried that Europeans will wipe out other peoples b/c of their higher tech. He's worried humans will wipe out all apes and monkeys, b/c that's what has happened throughout evolution when one species becomes dominant - it wipes out related species.
Anyways, he wasn't wrong. The European expansion destroyed hundreds of millions of people worldwide, countless languages and cultural groups, and entirely changed the face of the planet. It's continuing to this day with foraging, pastoral and horticultural groups pushed to the margins.
Man, but you are stupid.
https://answersingenesis.org/charles-darwin/r...

Abstract

Leading Nazis, and early 1900 influential German biologists, revealed in their writings that Darwin’s theory and publications had a major influence upon Nazi race policies.

Hitler believed that the human gene pool could be improved by using selective breeding similar to how farmers breed superior cattle strains. In the formulation of their racial policies, Hitler’s government relied heavily upon Darwinism, especially the elaborations by Spencer and Haeckel. As a result, a central policy of Hitler’s administration was the development and implementation of policies designed to protect the ‘superior race’. This required at the very least preventing the ‘inferior races’ from mixing with those judged superior, in order to reduce contamination of the latter’s gene pool. The ‘superior race’ belief was based on the theory of group inequality within each species, a major presumption and requirement of Darwin’s original ‘survival of the fittest’ theory. This philosophy culminated in the ‘final solution’, the extermination of approximately six million Jews and four million other people who belonged to what German scientists judged as ‘inferior races’.

----------

Location hidden

#763148 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yet Topix atheists have no problem in insisting Hitler was Christian. Hitler was a Darwinist. That is how he got sub human Jews. Inferior poles. Straight out of Darwin.
Quotes can be provided out of Descent Of Man.
No, no, no, no, no, no. See, Stigflar, or whatever the LBR it is, this is the exact dishonesty I was illustrating. Darwin never spoke of genetic engineering. Those were racist, classist Christians who transmogrified and manipulated the concepts for their confirmation bias.

Why, Christians, why do you perpetuate this deceit?

Location hidden

#763149 Jul 28, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace, the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes ... will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilised state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as now between the negro or Australian and the gorilla.
Darwin
So, Darwin was more advanced than you, spiritually and intellectually 150 years ago.

Thanks for that.

At least he didn't malign "leg-spreading" women who were magically dickmatized into being pregnant.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#763150 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Thinking.....
Are you? I'm skeptical.
Lol. You're comparing health coverage to birth control. That's nuts.
Birth control is just as much a part of health care as a flu shot.

We're not talking about sex toys here.

Location hidden

#763151 Jul 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
@ Redneck.
Where do you stand?
Come on, let's have it.
Haha. He never answered because he was caught in the same web of lies.

Location hidden

#763152 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point.
But I don't think he meant abstinence education, I assume he meant something more like a mandate or a law for abstinence.
You might be the first to ever "great point" LBR. That's indicative of your failure. By the way, he conflates "social Darwinism" with Darwin. When are you going to "not so great point" him to confirm your dodge?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#763153 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hitler killed Jews, Christians, gypsies, homosexuals and blacks"
Does not mean:
"Hitler killed Jews, Christians, gypsies, homosexuals and blacks equally"
I don't understand why you read it that way.
Categories matter, Stil. They constrain our knowledge and our ability to produce knowledge.

Location hidden

#763154 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a direct question to ask, ask it. I'm not playing your little game.
Wait I know you. You toss the board game in the air, disturbing all the pieces, unless the game goes your way. Yep. "I'm not playing YOUR little game". In the meanwhile, all you have is gamesmanship.

I can't remember any post of yours rendered in tacit honesty. If you present one, I will retract.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min NutSo HL 30,658
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min Robert F 687,159
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 1 hr LG Sucks 2
BING keeps DOMINATING with "Homepage Magic" 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 hr Here For Now 619,788
News Costa Mesa man, 50, sentenced to 25 years to li... 10 hr Voice of Reason 3
Any horny girls with snapchat looking for fun (Oct '16) 18 hr skurrrrallla 14
More from around the web