Prove there's a god.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#762661 Jul 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy stuff.
Took my son to the optometrist for a check up and new glasses,$200.
Took myself to the chiropractor to get some back work done,$45.
Price insurance would have cost me so far this year,$2800.
Crazy stuff, man.
You do understand what "aging" means, yes?

You will, like everyone else, get sick and require medical assistance at some point. If you don't have health care at that time, you will go bankrupt. Additionally, depending on the nature of your illness, you may be denied insurance in your nation (unless your gov't prevents that before you get sick).

Seriously, humans do not grow younger. Baring death from accident, you will need health services.

Some stable somewhere

#762662 Jul 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. Good point. The Hitler debate NEVER goes anywhere.
It's not a debate. You, and other Christians, are history deniers. You feel this strange need to rewrite history, thinking it somehow supports your religious beliefs in the doing so.

Some stable somewhere

#762663 Jul 27, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
HFY is correct.
Are you trying to make a point or disagree with her?
Hitler did not persecute Christians - that was the incorrect and inaccurate claim made by Stilgar Traffleman.

Some stable somewhere

#762664 Jul 27, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even quote yourself correctly.
Hitler was not inspired by Darwinism, but by something Darwin opposed.
Perhaps you're just a tool, and don't know why other Christians do this, but please stop it. At least call it Social Darwinism to differentiate.
Really, the label "Social Darwinism" isn't very fair to Darwin either. I'm sure he wouldn't want his name on that shit.
Well said!

Darwin was also horrified that Marx wanted to dedicate his book to him.

The funny thing is that the conflict part of Marxism is actually an evolutionary theory - Marx got that, but Darwin didn't.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#762665 Jul 27, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Of all the G8 nations, only America lacks full national health care. It's the main reason for your enormous debt, and the main reason for personal debt.
Not having health care - giving it to private companies - is bad for your GDP and your people.
That certain religions promote thoughtless policies on birth control increases your teenage and unwanted pregnancies, which subsequently reduce people's economic outcomes.
Your national policies are crippling your nation. But, hey, don't worry about it. Don't change. It's great for the rest of us. Seriously. The private sector in America produces lots of new medicines and surgical techniques that benefit the rest of the world - and you are able to do so b/c of the competitive capitalist nature of your health care system, which necessarily keeps health resources out of reach for those of lower income.
Anyways, the nations I live in benefit from your nation's choices, at the expense of your nation's population.
So, thank you America :)
Read Hiding's post very carefully, Redneck.

And think why it is that you don't purchase health insurance.

Some stable somewhere

#762666 Jul 27, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I might have that one.
It's very rare. None were ever made.
hahaha!

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#762667 Jul 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think a paper trail is an issue, but it doesn't matter to my point. Secularists need to retaliate and keep the issue in the news. There should be no special rights for theists. Let the atheists do the same.
<quoted text>
It's a Pandora's box. It was an extremely selfish, religious, and foolish verdict, and I expect secularists like American Atheists and the FFRF to exploit it.
Agreed. It's all or nothing. Greece NY (my neck of the woods) recently gained national attention based on that. I'm sure you've read about it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#762668 Jul 27, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ljd7f2tFOakXX
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Apparently Christian Mingle doesn't have a Women seeking Women section.

Who knew?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#762669 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Apparently Christian Mingle doesn't have a Women seeking Women section.
Who knew?
You were trying to look at some Hellbait videos weren't you!

Did you find any?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#762670 Jul 27, 2014
I thought that was a new word. It's not.

Nevermind.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#762671 Jul 27, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
You mean that atheism wants religious protection, as a religion, but not actually mean a religion?
No, atheists want irreligious protection. It's non-religion.

Do you think that the religious should enjoy special rights not available to the irreligious? Many if not most Christians do.
dirty white boy- wrote:
Doesn't atheism have basically the rights, as a religion, under the First Amendment?
No, atheists have the same freedom of expression as the religious, but not as members of a religion. That's why we have the freedom to not worship.

The recent history of the colonies inspired such protections. From http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/25158-the-r...

"In [1620] Massachusetts, the new Puritan settlers were also making their extreme religious beliefs known. They created laws that banned women from wearing lace, and that established what kinds of dresses a woman could wear. And they had laws that made it a crime for people not to attend church. In fact, you could be fined, imprisoned, and even whipped and tortured for not going to church."

We are not a religion. We never have been. Christianity deals with those who defy it with sadism when allowed to. We require legal protection from religion, that is freedom from religion.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#762672 Jul 27, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
Stalin actually renounced his very christianity, Hitler did not. That's the difference. The things they had in common is that they used christianity to advance their attempted world domination causes and that it made them into mass murdering, power hungry lunatics.
http://i.imgur.com/thjTuaN.jpg
Praise the jesus! character.
Stalin's disdain for Religion was well founded. The Russian Orthodox Church had controlled the Russian Govt for hundreds of Years.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#762673 Jul 27, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh my :) there is a new poster, Stilgar ? new poster or previous poster with new name ?
It's a JASP of the poster formerly know as RiversideRedneck AKA ProxyQueen.

Just Another Sock Puppet.

Fennario

#762676 Jul 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
In all ages hypocrites, called priests, have put crowns on the heads of thieves, called kings.— Robert Green Ingersoll
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." – Diderot

Fennario

#762677 Jul 27, 2014
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
All five pros are white, male Catholics. The dissenters are all female.
Unless it's a coincidence that every justice without ties to the Vatican interpreted the Constitution one way, and every one with such ties voted the other way, it strongly suggests that the Catholics are more loyal to their pope than their Constitution.

Fennario

#762678 Jul 28, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
The metamorphosis failed. Project terminated. Predicted outcome correct. Abort.
Hey, Rocco.

I will remain constructive with Proxy Queen / Riverside Redneck for as long as he remains civil with the unbelievers posting and resists swarming with the hive. That's all I require of any of these people to maintain friendly relations.

Fennario

#762679 Jul 28, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:

Biased.. Thought, reasoning, concept. Belief. Sounds like a cult more than anything..
You've got the order wrong, but those are the elements of healthy thinking, which has been called a cult by many Christians. And Christians typically call rational judgments antagonistic to their religion biased. Is it biased to have a negative opinion of drunk driving or unsafe sex? My feelings about Christianity were derived the same way my feelings about drunk driving and unsafe sex were. Rational biases are good things. They're knowledge.

I understand that you say that you are not a Christian, and I believe that you are being sincere. Nevertheless, you bear the mark of Christianity. When you take a position as you have here, it's typically the one the Christians take.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#762680 Jul 28, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless it's a coincidence that every justice without ties to the Vatican interpreted the Constitution one way, and every one with such ties voted the other way, it strongly suggests that the Catholics are more loyal to their pope than their Constitution.
That was Hitler's main complaint about religions (Jews in particular). He felt they put their religion above their nationality.

Fennario

#762681 Jul 28, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
Good spiritual fruit is the essence of God, that's a way in which he is revealed, you can not observe the unobservable. kinda like them parallel universes, the thought of it opens up the door to possibilities unimaginable I would think.. I am Just along for the ride..See, God can be observed by fruits of the spirit.. your problem seems to be, where to start looking..
Why does a non-Christian refer to the fruits of the spirit as if either the fruits or the spirit existed? You are much more Christian than you seem to realize.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#762682 Jul 28, 2014
gort wrote:
<quoted text>
"I find it highly offensive that you suggest I would roast marshmallows over a burning child. I prefer hotdogs"
rose twinkle don't know her church's doctrine on jew burning
YOU are the only one with girl burning in the brain, and you can't seem to get it out your mind.
Projecting that someones else dies what YOU ALONE think is insane.
But that's what you are anyway.....insane!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Richard The Lion... 79,718
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Acts4-12-BY ONLY ... 701,481
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min Dang Jersey Piney 448,389
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 2 hr Johnny 718
Will Meghan Markle Bring Down the Royals? 2 hr Johnny 4
Bill Cosby guilty on all 3 charges. 2 hr Johnny 43
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 2 hr BILLION HEIR 39