Laughter is the best medicine.

Reader's Digest.

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#762513 Jul 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire.
All totalitarian regimes are compatible with Christianity - if they choose to be. Christianity never met a monarchy or dictatorship it didn't like unless the king or dictator was an enemy of the church. Christianity has been cozy with every one of them that would have it.
Furthermore, we have recently seen multiple photographs of members of the Nazi government and the German clergy looking pretty compatible.
In all ages hypocrites, called priests, have put crowns on the heads of thieves, called kings.— Robert Green Ingersoll

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#762514 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
Deal with what?
Why are you so insistent that atheism be thought of as a religion? Do you know? Do you have a reason? If not, would you agree that you are being used for a purpose unknown to you?
I am an ardent non-collector of stamps. I spend most of my free time not collecting them. I even have places on my wall where specifically do not display them and even have an entire library devoted to anything non-stamp related.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#762515 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easier to see a cameltoe whilst on thine knees than from a rich mans toy on Google Earth
:) Me 7:27 12:54
Very Informative, I'll remember that..

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#762516 Jul 27, 2014
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>There is no doubt that promoting magical thinking as reality and not just magical thinking opens up the mind to all manner of future problems.
I am a magical raven of love.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#762517 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>All five pros are white, male Catholics. The dissenters are all female.
Wow. Justice.

Location hidden

#762518 Jul 27, 2014
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#762519 Jul 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are your own worst enemy.
You won't take a hint, and even a direct statement has no effect on you.
The metamorphosis failed.

Project terminated.

Predicted outcome correct.

Abort.

Location hidden

#762520 Jul 27, 2014

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#762521 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>No, no, no, a million times no! Hitler banned and burned Darwin. http://www.library.arizona.edu/exhibits/burne... Just stop that, okay. The Nazi idea of a master race is not rooted in any concepts of evolution. Survival of the fittest was not coined by Darwin, it was Herbert Spencer, and doesn't speak to the strongest. It to the most adaptable. The Victorians ran with Darwin's ideas beyond the realm of sound science. Spencer came up with social "Darwinism", which has nothing to do with evolution or Darwin. Francis Galton introduced the idea of Eugenics in 1883. Eugenics, in no way endorsed or supported by Darwin, was the impetus for the Master Race ideals of the Nazis. During Galton’s era eugenics and social Darwinism seemed reasonable. The notion that filth and disease were associated with immorality was widespread. Those who viewed themselves as superior, usually members of the upper classes of society, found that they could rely upon the theories put forth by Galton and Spencer to justify their discrimination against the lower classes. Support for eugenics continued to grow until,it was ultimately adopted by the Nazis. So, no, no, a million times, no! There is no "Darwinism" there. Not a whip. Eugenics has been thoroughly debunked by science. Researchers have demonstrated that selective breeding among humans could not rid society of transmittable diseases such as syphilis, nor could it eliminate conditions, such as alcoholism and mental illness. Despite all this, Eugenics was still performed in our country as recently as 1979 with the final end of involuntary sterilization programs. The lasting impacts of the deceit and flawed science associated with eugenics have been tremendous. The claims made by eugenicists were erroneous exaggerations drawn from Darwin’s work, and not posited, endorsed, or forwarded by Darwin, that ultimately endorsed racism and blatant acts of discrimination. Hitler was not influenced by Darwin but by those who erroneously and criminally lied about the concepts of Darwin. How is it possible for you to be so full of disinformation?
Nice post.
Sweden

#762522 Jul 27, 2014
gort wrote:
they call it narcissism, witch. lol idiot (which comes from idios, greek for of oneself.)
joyful witch, u believe in the blood of the lamb
ROCCO wrote:
Everything you do distills down to an excuse. And you have many times, on this forum alone, been anything but other than good, kind and loving".
Glad to see you're unwilling to use any English word that doesn't have a direct relationship to "academia", Einstein, but you're more than willing to talk about how good you are in bed to perfect strangers on the internet.
If "their own families won't have anything to do with them either", that strongly suggests that the signs were already there when the two yokels who you let knock you up, knocked you up.
Old idiom: "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".
Excellent. witch
me too rwitch
ROCCO wrote:
Everything you do distills down to an excuse. And you have many times, on this forum alone, been anything but other than good, kind and loving".

rocco's an expert on her behavior, here on this forum, and throughout her life. never occurs to her to focus on her own poison which causes everyone to hate her more than all others

Location hidden

#762524 Jul 27, 2014

Fennario

#762525 Jul 27, 2014
This should be interesting to anyone, no matter your personal beliefs. It is a brief history of the land called Israel/Palestine/Canaan/the Levant.
http://vimeo.com/50531435
Who's-killing-whom viewer's guide here:
blog.ninapaley.com/2012/10/01/this-land-is-mi...
It really is amazing. All over some sand. This perfectly showcases the harm and manipulation of faith, especially in light of the Naziism discussion. It's better with the sound.
Interesting. Thanks.

Location hidden

#762526 Jul 27, 2014
howstupidareyou wrote:
Time out for a verse from the Atheists book.
Your Mother and Father brought you into this world..Not God
Your demise will be decided by fate..Not God
You are on earth for one reason, and for one reason only, to procreate, and when your time is up you will be placed in the ground, or in an urn as ashes in exactly the same as the billions and billions of others who were on the earth before you and have died.
There is no Judgment. You have served your purpose. Why would a man be judged by a God who has overseen Tsunamis, untold wars, earthquakes, and not lifted a finger ?
Be kind, be thoughtful, be nice, be considerate to your fellow men. Do good deeds from the heart, not from the want of attention or personal gain, and do unto others as you would have done to yourself.
All these things are common sense, you have no need of a written word or a God to show you the way to lead a satisfactory life, we all know when we have done wrong
Do not waste your time being afraid of a mythical being that you cannot see, cannot touch, cannot speak to, to discuss why it was that your loved one had to die in a distant war somewhere, or why it is that babies are born crippled for life in his name.
Have no fear of dying. The only person you have to answer to is yourself, and what you failed to do in life, you certainly will not put right in death.
BOOK OF ATHEISM VERSE 1, CHAPTER 1.
Talk about a Psychological Implant..
Biased..
Thought, reasoning, concept.
Belief.
Sounds like a cult more than anything..

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#762527 Jul 27, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Talk about a Psychological Implant..
Biased..
Thought, reasoning, concept.
Belief.
Sounds like a cult more than anything..
It's too bad that you can't explain or relate the reasons, based upon your comments above, why you think that.

Fennario

#762528 Jul 27, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
So I guess right wing atheist tell their kids that they're going to heaven? you're an atheist , yet you think it's possible for God? Just not the Christian God of the Bible, correct?
Although I have no need to, I don't know how to rule out the possibility of a god, or leprechauns or vampires. Anything not logically impossible is possible by default.

The Christian god ("God" or "Jehovah-Jesus" to Christians), is logically impossible the way a married bachelor is. I can rule that god out. I suppose that Allah can be ruled out on the basis of it being said to possess mutually contradictory traits, but I don't really know what the Qur'an says to be specific the way I can with Jehovah-Jesus.

Did you see this list of a dozen mutually exclusive sets of qualities attributed to that god.

WHY THE BIBLE GOD IS IMPOSSIBLE: Things that cannot exist.

[1] An omniscient being that grants free will
[2] An omnipotent being incapable of being in the presence of sin
[3] A perfect being needing worship
[4] A perfect being that changes its mind
[5] A perfect being that makes mistakes or contradicts itself
[6] A perfect being that creates or alters anything
[7] A non-spacial being being omnipresent
[8] An all-loving, omnipotent being that allows unnecessary suffering.
[9] A perfectly just being that punishes innocents like offspring.
[10] A merciful being that damns without hope of forgiveness from hell.
[11] Anything existing, persisting, thinking or acting while being outside of time. Those words all the passage of time (before and after states).
[12] An omnipresent being that you can be separated from.

Does that make it clearer?

What is the least likely thing that you can imagine existing without an intelligent designer? The answer is a creator/ruler god. If you disagree, name something less likely to exist undesigned.

After that, it's a creator (deist) god.

After that, a race or pantheon of creator gods. Multiple copies of anything that can exist is the rule.

After that, there is nothing else conscious left to serve as the source of space, time, matter, energy, force, life and finally mind..

The importance of that is twofold: I believe that hat fact comes as close to ruling out a god as is possible at this time, and it scuttles any argument that tries to insert a god of the gaps as the default answer to questions such as where the universe's singularity came from, or where the first living cell came from.

Location hidden

#762530 Jul 27, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too bad that you can't explain or relate the reasons, based upon your comments above, why you think that.
The atheist lit would be bias, against a direct belief, curiosity would have to be addressed, The child or whoever would have to be taught otherwise, that would form an opinion, thought, reasoning of self, sorta speaking..
A Christian will not have atheist lit around, for the same reason you would not have Christian lit around.
you're forming a " belief " within that person ( Instilling )
Belief is very broad,,

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#762531 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>You don't do well with the women,do you, gort? That's about the worst pick-up line ever.
It's a good thing women have firearms there, a line like that might require more than a knee jerk.

http://i.imgur.com/G3QtJlA.jpg

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#762532 Jul 27, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>It's too bad that you can't explain or relate the reasons, based upon your comments above, why you think that.
http://i.imgur.com/Jb07zP9.jpg

Location hidden

#762533 Jul 27, 2014
howstupidareyou wrote:
<quoted text>
based on common sense and logic.. you have yet to provide a single example or demo of anything supernatural or any gods or prayers working ...science is based on the scientific method which relies on proof and evidence..no beliefs or opinions..
beliefs and opinions are what morons and ret'ar'ds utilize..
Good spiritual fruit is the essence of God, that's a way in which he is revealed, you can not observe the unobservable. kinda like them parallel universes, the thought of it opens up the door to possibilities unimaginable I would think..
I am Just along for the ride..
See, God can be observed by fruits of the spirit..
your problem seems to be, where to start looking..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Catcher1 100,716
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Robert F 670,396
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 18 min Tony 30
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 26 min Tony 6,148
the telomere 1 hr Kimberly2017 3
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 1 hr Kimberly2017 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr waaasssuuup 445,657
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) Wed Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web