Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#762383 Jul 27, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
religion = child abuse
I would say that can be correct but blanket statements are generally non-starters. It certainly has all the tools but they aren't necessarily always used.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#762384 Jul 27, 2014
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>Have you considered showering? These sandals aren't much of a foot covering and a shower does much to remove the dirt. I realize showers aren't mentioned in the Bible, but neither are computers.
No!
I'm allergic to water, I break out in that clingy, fresh feeling of cleanliness...
I shutter at the thought..

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#762385 Jul 27, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> So I guess right wing atheist tell their kids that they're going to heaven?
you're an atheist , yet you think it's possible for God?
Just not the Christian God of the Bible, correct?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#762386 Jul 27, 2014
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>I would say that can be correct but blanket statements are generally non-starters. It certainly has all the tools but they aren't necessarily always used.
:)

I'm in the mood for generalizations!

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#762387 Jul 27, 2014

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#762388 Jul 27, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> You can't stop o/side Influences and questions from children, way to much o/side contact for that So by a parent explaining would help the child develop reasoning for the side of the story He was brought up In. Thus forming a concept, which In turn is gonna develop " belief" Yes, by default, you are a product of your environment, certain characteristics and " learned behaviors' " are very hard, if not Impossible to rid ones self of, it's Instilled in us.. So Yeah, it's a " belief "
You're a vector for one of the commonest meme's in apologetics: that atheism and/or evolution are faith based beliefs and religions. Do you know why the church promotes this meme? What do you think it stands to gain by making this argument?

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#762389 Jul 27, 2014
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>Have you considered showering? These sandals aren't much of a foot covering and a shower does much to remove the dirt. I realize showers aren't mentioned in the Bible, but neither are computers.
One of my legs is longer than the other one, Eileen.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#762390 Jul 27, 2014
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
If hindsight bias and confirmation bias had a baby, it would be the Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy.
http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/09/11/the-te...
Practiced by prayer groups worldwide.
That was really interesting, thanks :)

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#762391 Jul 27, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
religion = child abuse
I actually have 3 Rose of Sharon bushes in my garden.

Pruning Rose of Sharon:

Although naturally a multi-stemmed shrub, this plant can be trained through pruning (in late winter) to have simply one main trunk; thus some people refer to it as rose of sharon "tree." It's easiest to give rose of sharon its desired shape by pruning it accordingly during its first two seasons. It can also be trained for espalier.

Espalier:

When a tree, shrub or vine is trained to grow on a single plane and not allowed to deviate from it, that is known as the "espalier" style. The plane is often defined by a wall or fence. The plants are trained from the time that they are young on wires running along the wall or fence. The subsequent "espalier" is continually pruned thereafter, so that all its growth remains parallel to the wall or fence.

Christians love espalier.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#762392 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cjuGCJJUGsgXX
Yes, Thank You..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#762393 Jul 27, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
There is an religious umbrella that covers atheism.. I think it's the First Amendment.. Deal with it.
Deal with what?

Why are you so insistent that atheism be thought of as a religion? Do you know? Do you have a reason? If not, would you agree that you are being used for a purpose unknown to you?

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#762394 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually have 3 Rose of Sharon bushes in my garden.
Pruning Rose of Sharon:
Although naturally a multi-stemmed shrub, this plant can be trained through pruning (in late winter) to have simply one main trunk; thus some people refer to it as rose of sharon "tree." It's easiest to give rose of sharon its desired shape by pruning it accordingly during its first two seasons. It can also be trained for espalier.
Espalier:
When a tree, shrub or vine is trained to grow on a single plane and not allowed to deviate from it, that is known as the "espalier" style. The plane is often defined by a wall or fence. The plants are trained from the time that they are young on wires running along the wall or fence. The subsequent "espalier" is continually pruned thereafter, so that all its growth remains parallel to the wall or fence.
Christians love espalier.
I have got some Indica trained to grow on the ground, very purdy.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#762395 Jul 27, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Nope, I'm never deceitful.
You lie nonstop, especially to yourself.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#762396 Jul 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a vector for one of the commonest meme's in apologetics: that atheism and/or evolution are faith based beliefs and religions. Do you know why the church promotes this meme? What do you think it stands to gain by making this argument?
IANS, I know nothing of the Church or why it does, what it does..
I do NOT attend Church nor do I keep up with it's Politics.
Like I said yesterday. The reasoning of non belief is a concept that will lead to belief..
you saying it's not a belief is like you saying there is no God..
Which by the way I think you said it could be possible for A God, Just not the Christian one.
The threat of hell is used no more against children, than the threat of heaven by YUNS.
Sure the hard core Christian is a cold blooded mf'er, but so are hard core atheist, each fighting and standing by what they " Believe "
Now throw some purdy words at the board that I don't have a clue to their meaning, hahaha!

here player



A little touch of gray

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#762397 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Sorry but you're wrong. The next time I talk to my good friend Corporation I'll mention that atheism is a religion. He'll laugh like a hyena.
The Christians need to be careful here now that the Supreme Court has ruled that it is legal for closely held corporations to deny their employees compensation that they fear will be used in violation of their religious beliefs. If it offends atheists controlling such a corporation that any part of an employee's paycheck is going into a church collection plate, the employer could claim the right to withhold wages using the same argument as Hobby Lobby.

The Christian wouldn't need to be fired. He or she would be free to continue working without compensation.

I would love to see this tested.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#762398 Jul 27, 2014
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>I would say that can be correct but blanket statements are generally non-starters. It certainly has all the tools but they aren't necessarily always used.
Got this from another thread. Well worth posting here!

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/co...

"In two studies, 5- and 6-year-old children were questioned about the status of the protagonist embedded in three different types of stories. In realistic stories that only included ordinary events, all children, irrespective of family background and schooling, claimed that the protagonist was a real person. In religious stories that included ordinarily impossible events brought about by divine intervention, claims about the status of the protagonist varied sharply with exposure to religion. Children who went to church or were enrolled in a parochial school, or both, judged the protagonist in religious stories to be a real person, whereas secular children with no such exposure to religion judged the protagonist in religious stories to be fictional. Children's upbringing was also related to their judgment about the protagonist in fantastical stories that included ordinarily impossible events whether brought about by magic (Study 1) or without reference to magic (Study 2). Secular children were more likely than religious children to judge the protagonist in such fantastical stories to be fictional. The results suggest that exposure to religious ideas has a powerful impact on children's differentiation between reality and fiction, not just for religious stories but also for fantastical stories."

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#762399 Jul 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Deal with what?
Why are you so insistent that atheism be thought of as a religion? Do you know? Do you have a reason? If not, would you agree that you are being used for a purpose unknown to you?
Behind that reasoning is my belief, Just as reason is behind any concept. thank you.
I Just like fkn with ya, I don't care if it's a religion or not.
I AM NOT RELIGIOUS!
The First Amendment does give it religious umbrella protection tho, right?
That would be like me being under the rules of a bass fishing tournament and me fishing for catfish, but saying that I'm not a fisherman.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#762400 Jul 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie nonstop, especially to yourself.
If one lies continuously, especially to their person, does that really count as lying? Would not the normal order simply reverse, with honesty being unusual?

I'm just kidding. She's a filthy liar, demeans everyone who disagrees with her, is incapable of reason, and I fear for her children. But otherwise, yeah, great person. Totally wonderful.

Peace and long life to you and yours. Deadly nightshade and puffer fish.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#762401 Jul 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christians need to be careful here now that the Supreme Court has ruled that it is legal for closely held corporations to deny their employees compensation that they fear will be used in violation of their religious beliefs. If it offends atheists controlling such a corporation that any part of an employee's paycheck is going into a church collection plate, the employer could claim the right to withhold wages using the same argument as Hobby Lobby.
The Christian wouldn't need to be fired. He or she would be free to continue working without compensation.
I would love to see this tested.
That would be like having a say In what one wants to do with his/her earned money.
That would be like Individual opinion not mattering, unless it suited the State, or Corporation.
IANS, dude, Seriously?

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#762402 Jul 27, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
LET THERE BE ROCK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =s3nEAmt5AZ8XX
OTay

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 min Johnny 4,858
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Pad 650,546
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min Dr Banonator 56,152
Salalah gay 29 min Aabbboy23 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 38 min ImFree2Choose 2,347
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Lbj 106,078
why have black people got no history? (Apr '11) 1 hr UnderstandPeople 16
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Rider on the Storm 182,965
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr ChristineM 445,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 19 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web