Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#762106 Jul 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
I believed they would stay, not cheat and desert us.
How does that fit in with what you preach to others about your god protecting you? Where is the power in faith or prayer if that can happen to a faithful, pious person? There is none.
Joyful8118 wrote:
Their lies and deceit have nothing to do with me.
Blameless as always, aren't you? You had nothing at all to do with letting men with no commitment to you impregnate you and then leave you. Is that your position? Will you ever start taking responsibility for your choices?

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#762107 Jul 26, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that Moses and the Exodus thing probably never happened you know. That whole 'Garden of Eden' with Adam and Eve as portrayed in the Bible never happened....this we know without doubt, so I doubt that Israel was in any way 'the' garden.
Many of your church going Biblical 'analysts' believe that the area between the Tigris and the Euphrates rivers, near the Gulf of Persia, was the Garden of Eden.
Many of them same Biblical analysts believe Jesus lived also, and most on here think was a myth..
Seems that if it was just a " story " they ( Jews ) would have made their land The Garden..
I do not know much about them rivers. I have heard of them tho..
Seems like I remember seeing somewhere, where it said that God had wrote his name on that mountain, if that were the case, that, to me, Implies the Garden would have been near to where He had done that.. God was known to Abraham as El Shaddai ( almighty ) the first letter of that word shin ( Hebrew ) The mountains around there formed something of that letter from aerial photos.
God, seems to me, would have " created " close to home.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#762108 Jul 26, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I was kidnapped twice before the age of sixteen, the second time....she didn't even call the police. That pretty much cut the emotional ties between us for good. I can barely tolerate her voice or even the thought of talking to her.
the persona you project through your posts here, is a psychological mess.

What you offer as explanation does not mitigate your behaviour (or your lack of sanity)

Location hidden

#762109 Jul 26, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.pseudepigrapha.com/pseudepigrapha/...
This is the Book of Enoch in which he describes the sun and moon being pulled across the sky with all the different angels assigned to the task and he visited the place where the sun sits during the night and the moon sit during the day, each awaiting their turn.
For all those who think the bible is a science book, they need to read Enoch to get a feel for the ancient mind.
Did you know that nearly all ancient cultures from around the globe had " Gods " give them Instructions how to build, study the stars, and basically all knowledge?
All Temples are very similar in structure and dimensions.
It wasn't localized..
There are so many thangs peoples of them time periods had in common, to not have contact with the other, that it's unbelievable when you look at all of them closely.
I do NOT see why it's hard to fathom much older places in the cosmos coming and creating, anything is possible.
Just because we don't have the technology to observe it, doesn't mean it didn't happen, it means we don't understand it.
Seems the way science is breaking down everything has an equal and opposite that anything would be possible..
Enoch talks about how diff angels gave diff Instructions to varying cultures and it seems to me, that they all exploded in relatively the time, the most ancient cultures anyway..
It appears to me that mans knowledge of everything went boom sweets and that to me, Implies Intervention from something..

Fennario

#762110 Jul 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
I was nothing but good and true to them. They were full of nothing but lies and deception.
This attitude is a large part of your problem. We see it from you repeatedly. It is childishly black hat / white hat.

Fennario

#762111 Jul 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Yeah, I've seen it. Kokori was me btw. I was on a borrowed device. This Joyful person is a pretty good troll, yes?
It's a shame to witness, but useful and interesting. She's got more than her share of bad ideas and maladaptive behaviors. I don't know how much of it was caused by her Christian upbringing, but it certainly facilitates it.

Fennario

#762112 Jul 26, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
http://www.pseudepigrapha.com/pseudepigrapha/...
This is the Book of Enoch in which he describes the sun and moon being pulled across the sky with all the different angels assigned to the task and he visited the place where the sun sits during the night and the moon sit during the day, each awaiting their turn. For all those who think the bible is a science book, they need to read Enoch to get a feel for the ancient mind.
Thanks for that.

Chapter 11, XI

5 And by day fifteen myriads of angels attend it, and by night A thousand.

6 And six-winged ones issue with the angels before the sun’s wheel into the fiery flames, and a hundred angels kindle the sun and set it alight.

Chapter 12, XII

1 And I looked and saw other flying elements of the sun, whose names (are) Phoenixes and Chalkydri, marvellous and wonderful, with feet and tails in the form of a lion, and a crocodile’s head, their appearance (is) empurpled, like the rainbow; their size (is) nine hundred measures, their wings (are like) those of angels, each (has) twelve, and they attend and accompany the sun, bearing heat and dew, as it is ordered them from God.

2 Thus (the sun) revolves and goes, and rises under the heaven, and its course goes under the earth with the light of its rays incessantly.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#762113 Jul 26, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Many of them same Biblical analysts believe Jesus lived also, and most on here think was a myth..
Seems that if it was just a " story " they ( Jews ) would have made their land The Garden..
I do not know much about them rivers. I have heard of them tho..
Seems like I remember seeing somewhere, where it said that God had wrote his name on that mountain, if that were the case, that, to me, Implies the Garden would have been near to where He had done that.. God was known to Abraham as El Shaddai ( almighty ) the first letter of that word shin ( Hebrew ) The mountains around there formed something of that letter from aerial photos.
God, seems to me, would have " created " close to home.
They couldn't have moved into the garden because god set two angels with flaming swords to guard the entrance against them coming back. In the books of Adam, Eve came back to the garden to beg for some of the fruit.

So no, the children of Adam and Eve could never go back. Its funny that nobody has ever ran across those angels with the flaming swords tho. They cant even find them with satellite cameras.

Location hidden

#762114 Jul 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a lovely day/night. Best wishes to you and yours.
may that which you wish for me, be given you a hundred fold

Location hidden

#762115 Jul 26, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
They couldn't have moved into the garden because god set two angels with flaming swords to guard the entrance against them coming back. In the books of Adam, Eve came back to the garden to beg for some of the fruit.
So no, the children of Adam and Eve could never go back. Its funny that nobody has ever ran across those angels with the flaming swords tho. They cant even find them with satellite cameras.
irecknso.
I sure as hell don't understand any of it sweets.
Like the snake in the garden. serpent relates to reptile, reptile relates to the name of the fallen angels somehow.
I think they were kinda reptilian beings or something to that effect.
so the serpent in the garden was one of those beings symbolized as a snake ( deceptive ) the ( serpent ) was cursed to crawl, Implying at one time it had upright walk, stance, or whatever the word is I'm looking for.
The meaning of it all is much deeper in the oldest of old.
I am NOT saying it happened, I am saying there is more proof for it, than there is against it.
way to many cultures were experiencing the same things, coincidence? I doubt it, but we'll find out soon enough I reckn..

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#762116 Jul 26, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame to witness, but useful and interesting. She's got more than her share of bad ideas and maladaptive behaviors. I don't know how much of it was caused by her Christian upbringing, but it certainly facilitates it.
I agree with interesting. We all find certain things useful. You know the old saying:

"One man's junk is another man's treasure.
Two men's junk is Waaasssuuup's pleasure."

Wait...yeah, I think that's right.

Location hidden

#762117 Jul 26, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me optimistic but I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
christian chickens

or

atheist chickens

??

Location hidden

#762118 Jul 26, 2014
hungry heart

you already know

Location hidden

#762119 Jul 26, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Kewl.
How does it feel being brought up a Christian, scarscar?
like betrayal

Location hidden

#762120 Jul 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who have been spoken to by God/the Creator do know what he wishes or wants, because he has related that to us. We do know what he wants when he tells us what he wants. What I am talking about does not come from any book and we cannot do anything but tell you what he has related to us. We cannot or are not trying to force our religion on you, but when you state that no one can know for sure, you are wrong. His words and message to us is just as real as what Science tells you and all of us. We don't think or make up what will please him. He relates it to us. I am not pushing anything on you. I am just replying to your post. We cannot make you believe us, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.
why do you think god reveals himself to you

but not to honorable persons?

Location hidden

#762121 Jul 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Word, I'm doing wonderfully and how are you doing? Hope all is well with you and yours. Thank you for asking.
The word (message) of God is love, kindness, giving, salvation, etc... I am spreading this message to all who want to hear it and will listen to it. That is for fellow Christians, other believers, and non-believers. The message is not just for non-believers, but for all who will listen. The believers also speak to each other about the message of God and Jesus so that they can strengthen their relationship with him. Those who don't want to hear it can ignore it if they like. I am spreading this message so all who will listen can come to know the loving God and his amazing message of love that I know. I am not talking about a book or man that tells us, but I am talking about the loving God that relates his message to us and through us.
I'm not pushing this on you or anyone else. I am merely replying to your questions and post.
HUBRIS

Joy is thy name

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#762122 Jul 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Yeah, I've seen it.
Kokori was me btw. I was on a borrowed device.
This Joyful person is a pretty good troll, yes?
Top of her class.

http://tcc.trnty.edu/new/archive/070909/bp.jp...

Location hidden

#762123 Jul 26, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
like betrayal
karl your enlightening words have truly been missed..

Location hidden

#762124 Jul 26, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you think god reveals himself to you
but not to honorable persons?
God, karl, reveals himself to those who truly seek Him out with their Heart..
Just who is an "honorable" person karl?

Location hidden

#762125 Jul 26, 2014
Black Sabbath

enjoy feces
dude, phones ringing..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to Fix PC Run slowly? 12 min sydneybush0123 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 50 min dollarsbill 4,567
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 1 hr Andrea 1,928
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 590,579
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Inally 3,045
Are afghans and turks white? (May '09) 2 hr Time line 445
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 271,386
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Student 40,523
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 100,065
More from around the web