Prove there's a god.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#762409 Jul 27, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
"The minimal rule should be, if you want one, prove you deserve it. In the past, courts have been loath to conduct such inquiries, because they can lead down a bottomless, subjective rabbit hole. But the Supreme Court has now turned claims of subjective belief into an enormous loophole. Somewhere, a court may try to narrow that loophole so not just anyone can fit through it. That's bad for the law, and it may be bad for religion, too."
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi...
Why should it be an enormous loophole?
Subjective belief is Individual rights isn't it?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#762410 Jul 27, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
Everything you do distills down to an excuse. And you have many times, on this forum alone, been anything but other than good, kind and loving".

Glad to see you're unwilling to use any English word that doesn't have a direct relationship to "academia", Einstein, but you're more than willing to talk about how good you are in bed to perfect strangers on the internet.

If "their own families won't have anything to do with them either", that strongly suggests that the signs were already there when the two yokels who you let knock you up, knocked you up.
Old idiom: "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".
Excellent.

Location hidden

#762411 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I let the Milkweed take over the back fence just for the Monarchs.
It's ugly but I don't care and I scare the hell out of my neighbors...so.
My Indica is purdy and the neighbors don't mind the smell...so.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#762412 Jul 27, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
That is strange. I was brought up in the Baptist church. Never missed Sunday school, was in the choir, sang in a trio (still like gospel music) went to Wednesday prayer meetings, and Thursday study. But no matter how much I wanted to believe, I couldn't, even as a child. My mind kept telling me something is wrong with this, this story or another made no sense. By 12-13 I was trying to come up with anything to explain it. Maybe these sheep herders were shown by god, something like a time lapse video of the earth forming, something speeded up like Disney would do and they just misunderstood. In the next couple of years I just gave up trying to make sense of it and was simple embarrassed for them and for me being there. That's when I just plain quit. So this is one kid that just couldn't get it and they didn't get me.
You're a congenital rationalist. You were born with what I learned.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#762414 Jul 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that, Rosa. It's not easy to escape such indoctrination. It helps a lot when they push you out like that.
The funny thing is, my mother knew why I might want to leave?

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#762415 Jul 27, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> IANS, I know nothing of the Church or why it does, what it does..
I do NOT attend Church nor do I keep up with it's Politics.
Like I said yesterday. The reasoning of non belief is a concept that will lead to belief..
you saying it's not a belief is like you saying there is no God..
Which by the way I think you said it could be possible for A God, Just not the Christian one.
The threat of hell is used no more against children, than the threat of heaven by YUNS.
Sure the hard core Christian is a cold blooded mf'er, but so are hard core atheist, each fighting and standing by what they " Believe "
Now throw some purdy words at the board that I don't have a clue to their meaning, hahaha!
here player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wOaXTg3nAuYXX
A little touch of gray
From that album, I like this song better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

It doesn't mean that I believe in Hell. I just like the song.

Atheism is not a belief, DWB or whoever you are now. It's not a religion. It's really not even a thing unless you're religious.

Yin/yang.

It's the wall that tennis players practice with while knowing that the real opponent is the person hitting the ball.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#762417 Jul 27, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Why should it be an enormous loophole?
Subjective belief is Individual rights isn't it?
Forcing your subjective belief on others is not your right.

Just pause, for a moment, and think about what that amounts to.

Location hidden

#762420 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
From that album, I like this song better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =01AC4Y2E0t8XX
It doesn't mean that I believe in Hell. I just like the song.
Atheism is not a belief, DWB or whoever you are now. It's not a religion. It's really not even a thing unless you're religious.
Yin/yang.
It's the wall that tennis players practice with while knowing that the real opponent is the person hitting the ball.
I am me River, when not DWB, pusherman..
River any person that has a concept of how life began and what created that life with reasoning, holds a " belief" that they are correct In that reasoning..
I am going to live my life, my way, Just as you or anyone, religion plays no more a part of my life any more than it does yours, other than " law of the land..
I am a hillbilly and don't really understand a lot, but I do understand the reasoning of no God as a " belief" and atheism as a " religion"
I do get that you and others think it's not, but you don't seem to get that I think it is..
Oppression of the people IS gonna happen no matter who is running thangs, and from what IANS posted about with holding ones pay IS only a glimpse into the way thangs would be, believe it, or not!

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#762421 Jul 27, 2014
gort wrote:
<quoted text>
Your faith lets little Jewish girls burn to death as you toast marshmallows over their bodies. Were they yummy?
Why do you keep burning up little girls in your mind?
You know that's the only place anyone is burning them, around here, right?

Location hidden

#762422 Jul 27, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
The funny thing is, my mother knew why I might want to leave?
Did you leave because you didn't believe, or because of the troubles of that particular Church?
gort

Netherlands

#762423 Jul 27, 2014
they call it narcissism, witch. lol idiot (which comes from idios, greek for of oneself.)

joyful witch, u believe in the blood of the lamb

ROCCO wrote:
Everything you do distills down to an excuse. And you have many times, on this forum alone, been anything but other than good, kind and loving".

Glad to see you're unwilling to use any English word that doesn't have a direct relationship to "academia", Einstein, but you're more than willing to talk about how good you are in bed to perfect strangers on the internet.

If "their own families won't have anything to do with them either", that strongly suggests that the signs were already there when the two yokels who you let knock you up, knocked you up.
Old idiom: "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

Excellent. witch

me too rwitch

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#762424 Jul 27, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> I am me River, when not DWB, pusherman..
River any person that has a concept of how life began and what created that life with reasoning, holds a " belief" that they are correct In that reasoning..
I am going to live my life, my way, Just as you or anyone, religion plays no more a part of my life any more than it does yours, other than " law of the land..
I am a hillbilly and don't really understand a lot, but I do understand the reasoning of no God as a " belief" and atheism as a " religion"
I do get that you and others think it's not, but you don't seem to get that I think it is..
Oppression of the people IS gonna happen no matter who is running thangs, and from what IANS posted about with holding ones pay IS only a glimpse into the way thangs would be, believe it, or not!
Yeah we get that you seen god on a piece of cheese toast too.
But doesn't change atheism into a religion. We have a concept of how life began , because we see the physical evidence in the fossil record. We haven't made a leap in faith that this evidence exists, it's there and cannot be dismissed.
gort

Netherlands

#762425 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you keep burning up little girls in your mind?
You know that's the only place anyone is burning them, around here, right?
really?

Location hidden

#762426 Jul 27, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Forcing your subjective belief on others is not your right.
Just pause, for a moment, and think about what that amounts to.
Like with holding ones pay isn't Infringing on my subjective belief?
that kinda sounds like subjective belief being forced on someone and it ain't Christianity..
whether or not it's being forced on anyone, it is my right..
Here In America everyone has that right, even atheist.
Let atheist go to N. Korea and express a " belief " against the Government.
I suggest they'd be shot In the street like a dog..
Freedom of expression, In a subjective belief, is an entitlement to everyone.
Just because someone feels pushed or whatever, doesn't matter, when people go to taking away those rights or amending them to suit themselves, goes against everything that is right and Just..
gort

Tyumen, Russia

#762427 Jul 27, 2014
Hey rose twinkle, can't u conceal your identity better than this?

Aura Mytha wrote:

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#762428 Jul 27, 2014
gort wrote:
<quoted text>
really?
Absolutely.
gort

Tyumen, Russia

#762429 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah we get that you seen god on a piece of cheese toast too.
But doesn't change atheism into a religion. We have a concept of how life began , because we see the physical evidence in the fossil record. We haven't made a leap in faith that this evidence exists, it's there and cannot be dismissed.
why lie?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#762430 Jul 27, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>religion = child abuse
A precise calculation, of all the wonders on topix.
gort

Tyumen, Russia

#762431 Jul 27, 2014
Yeah we get that you seen god on a piece of cheese toast too. rose twinkle

u will when u r starving to death

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#762432 Jul 27, 2014
gort wrote:
<quoted text>
"The fact here folks is that we don't really know if Hitler was or wasn't Christian." witch
i know, for sure. i know the demon who pretends she's in charge. i know what hell is and it defies imagination. We do know that you cannot wake up from your bad dream. you are your bad dream. Wherever you go, you are there, burning with remorse, no friends, no hope, just you--burning. 4ever. screaming-howling-sobbing-scre eching-begging-pleading-moanin g-writhing-whimpering-cursing 4ever and ever
He's watching you, all the time.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min RiccardoFire 46,194
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min RiccardoFire 184,746
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 41 min Catcher1 110,267
snapchat dirty pics shemale (May '14) 59 min Cali4real12 30
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Bongo 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr President DonJ Trump 675,587
immigrant muslims in new jersey are destroying ... 6 hr Sethlong 5
More from around the web