Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#762177 Jul 26, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assertions are meaningless.
History is written, it is meaningful. Hitler wanted to eradicate Christianity and replace it with his own religion.
Yes and your god wanted to eradicate humans too..remember?
All of them, including you...tell your wife not to look .
While I fix it for you, by killing everybody but you shrink aND vIKING! You bunch of whole butts.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#762178 Jul 26, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That's because he decided he was god , alot like shrink and Viking. We have only to nail them up to the cross and show them just how godly they are.
Father forgive me, they had no clue what to do.
We're just 3 nails away from forgiveness, and but 4 horsemen away from showing you how. to forgive them.
Hitler was a G/)^^d@/V\Ñ christian and no amount of your lying or apologetic bull tripe will change it!¼ watt dimly lit and definitely, dumbfounded.
You'll have to excuse me for not taking your word for it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#762179 Jul 26, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
History is written, it is meaningful. Hitler wanted to eradicate Christianity and replace it with his own religion.
Aura Mytha wrote:
Yes...
Well then. We're done here.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#762180 Jul 26, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You are a product of your environment by default so the simply being around " non belief " is a concept, it is a reasoning, rendering it nothing but a " belief "
So you're telling me an atheist parent wouldn't talk about the big bad genocidal God?
The questions a child would ask defeats your whole " non Indoctrinated " belief all to Hell scar..
It would make it a " belief "( concept )
The only group that I know of that don't think belief is "belief" are the atheist..
I " believe " I'll go out and put one In the air..
See how that works?
I would think that atheist parents don't talk about God or any other deities. How often do you talk about unicorns among your family and friends?

People are not always a product of their environment by default. My parents are Christian missionaries. It's why I was born in Korea. I was taught to read English by reading Bible stories. I asked questions. The answers were illogical. Look at me now.

;-)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#762181 Jul 26, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>Your assertions are meaningless.

What you're parroting isn't history. It's meaningless propaganda, I thought you knew.

http://i.imgur.com/Pnn9jZB.jpg

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#762182 Jul 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think that atheist parents don't talk about God or any other deities. How often do you talk about unicorns among your family and friends?
People are not always a product of their environment by default. My parents are Christian missionaries. It's why I was born in Korea. I was taught to read English by reading Bible stories. I asked questions. The answers were illogical. Look at me now.
;-)
You can't stop o/side Influences and questions from children, way to much o/side contact for that
So by a parent explaining would help the child develop reasoning for the side of the story He was brought up In.
Thus forming a concept, which In turn is gonna develop " belief"
Yes, by default, you are a product of your environment, certain characteristics and " learned behaviors' " are very hard, if not Impossible to rid ones self of, it's Instilled in us..
So Yeah, it's a " belief "

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#762183 Jul 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Nope, I receive no cash assistance/Tanf.

You're being deceitful again. The taxpayers are subsidizing you. It doesn't matter if they send you bills, coins, a check, a money order, or pay your bills.
Joyful8118 wrote:
It is quite funny when you call me names or accuse me of lying.
Yeah, that's what I thought when you did it. Hilarious.
Joyful8118 wrote:
I receive assistance
So if it's not economic assistance, what is it? Are they carrying your groceries in from the car?
Joyful8118 wrote:
I am striving to take care of my children and striving to make a great life for them
But that doesn't include a job, right?
Joyful8118 wrote:
. I am proud that I didn't desert them
You're proud that you had children and didn't desert them? We're all proud of you. You've evolved beyond a reptile.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#762184 Jul 26, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
You can not not Indoctrinate children into Christianity, w/out Indoctrinating them into another belief, In this case atheism, non belief in any Deities.
What?
dirty white boy- wrote:
Atheism is a " Belief " and " Religion "
.You might like some of these:

ATHEISM IS A RELIGION LIKE…

Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby.

Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair color.

Atheism is a religion like transparent is a colour

Atheism is a religion like health is a disease state.

Atheism is a religion like death is a lifestyle.

Atheism is a religion like nonsmoking is a habit.

Atheism is a religion like fasting is a menu entree.

Atheism is a religion like unemployment is a career choice.

Atheism is a religion like nudity is a fashion style.

Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sexual position.

Atheism is a religion like off is a radio station and silence a song playing on it.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#762185 Jul 26, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then. We're done here.
Yes you are.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#762186 Jul 26, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
<quoted text>
.You might like some of these:
ATHEISM IS A RELIGION LIKE…
Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby.
Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair color.
Atheism is a religion like transparent is a colour
Atheism is a religion like health is a disease state.
Atheism is a religion like death is a lifestyle.
Atheism is a religion like nonsmoking is a habit.
Atheism is a religion like fasting is a menu entree.
Atheism is a religion like unemployment is a career choice.
Atheism is a religion like nudity is a fashion style.
Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sexual position.
Atheism is a religion like off is a radio station and silence a song playing on it.
There is an religious umbrella that covers atheism..
I think it's the First Amendment..
Deal with it.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#762187 Jul 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believed they would stay, not cheat and desert us. Their lies and deceit have nothing to do with me.
Don't call me babe. No clue what your namby-pamby BS means, nor do I care.
Since you had so little interest in the meaning of "namby-pamby" you couldn't help but mention it, here's old, reliable Webster to the rescue:*

Namby-Pamby:
nam·by–pam·by adjective \&#716;nam-b&#275;- &#712;pam-b&#275;\
: too weak or gentle : not strong or strict enough

Full Definition of NAMBY-PAMBY

: lacking in character or substance : insipid
: weak, indecisive

synonyms:
banal, flat, insipid, milk-and-water, namby-pamby, watery

And as to why not just one, but two (if not more) deserted you, one could chalk it up to naïveté or some such thing if it were only one, but when it became multiples you can't put all the blame on them. While your misfortune with men is, well, unfortunate, you should consider looking at your participation in the relationships that gave them enough impetus to go AWOL.

Not trying to pick on you, but based on what we're seeing just on this thread from you, one can glean some behavioral characteristics many would wish not to meld with. Yeah, they're classless acts, but at the end of the day, some of the onus is on you, princess.

*as regards "namby-pamby" above, that was a good example of your passive-aggressive self: unwillingless to learn something by simply bothering to look it up, just dismissing it out of hand. How much trouble would it have been for you to google it? Better yet, why would you not want to expand your knowledge/vocabulary? Especially since you're taking college classes, including English, online?

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#762188 Jul 26, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You're being deceitful again.
So if it's not economic assistance, what is it?
But that doesn't include a job, right?
You're proud that you had children and didn't desert them? We're all proud of you. You've evolved beyond a reptile.
Nope, I'm never deceitful.

I have already stated before several times what and frankly it isn't your business.

Again, none of your business and have already said my main focuses are being a Mother and school. But, I do babysit here and there. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Yes, many Mothers and fathers desert or kill/abort their children. I didn't and won't.

Have a blissful day/night.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#762189 Jul 26, 2014
KENTUCKY wrote:
HELLO SCARITUAL !!!!!!!!!!
Man in Ky found what he thought could be a the skeletal remains of long extinct reptile. Upon his amazement, as the expert finishes examination, turns out to be the digestive track of a 300+ million yr. old "living fossil" The Crinoid. YES ! The Crinoid !
PICKS AND MORE
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/echinodermata/cr...
*DISCLAIMER*
Crinoid will not be used as fodder.
Very cool.

That's what you found?

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#762190 Jul 26, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you had so little interest in the meaning of "namby-pamby" you couldn't help but mention it.
And as to why not just one, but two (if not more) deserted you, one could chalk it up to naïveté or some such thing if it were only one, but when it became multiples you can't put all the blame on them. Yeah, they're classless acts, but at the end of the day, some of the onus is on you, princess.
I said I didn't care what it meant. Why would I look something up that I don't give a crap about? It has nothing to do with academia or the everyday world. It isn't necessary or useful.

Nope, none of it had to do with me. I was nothing but good, kind, and loving to them. Neither have any wish to even see their kids. That is why their own families won't have anything to do with them either. I am not a princess, just an ordinary single Mother. No better and no worse than you.

Have a blissful day/night.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#762191 Jul 26, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was inspired by getting rid of Jews, because he thought they were taking over Germany.
Hiding knows the ideals of "Social Darwinism" But this is not what Darwin thought, this is a twisted interpretation of Darwinism. Hitler was also a followers of Martin Luther's teachings.
He also hated Communists, and the ideals of the Prussian Dynasty. That's why he killed so many Russian Jews. Only Christians who lie and twist history, because they cant accept that Hitler was a Christian say what you have.
You would think that these people could at least admit that some Christians turned rogue. Hitler was only one.

Christianity is fraught with black sheep.

Location hidden

#762192 Jul 26, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
You are a product of your environment by default so the simply being around " non belief " is a concept, it is a reasoning, rendering it nothing but a " belief "
And what would the "belief" be, by not being taught a specific belief concerning any subject?

I can tell you right now the result isn't a belief that the unknown of subject doesn't exist.
pusherman_ wrote:
So you're telling me an atheist parent wouldn't talk about the big bad genocidal God?
Yeah.
I didn't and don't.

I don't bring it up.

I also don't or haven't made a point to speak about the subject in front of my son.

Contrary to what many theists may believe, atheists don't continually talk about being atheist in day to day life to people they meet on the street, in stores, or at home in casual conversation with family members - such as my son, for instance.
pusherman_ wrote:
The questions a child would ask defeats your whole " non Indoctrinated " belief all to Hell scar..It would make it a " belief "( concept )
Why would a child ask a question about a deity if that child had not been taught deities exist?

Here's the thing, out of the millions of questions a kid might ask, kids don't ask questions about things they aren't aware of. Like "gods" for instance.

I think you're missing the point here, there was no doctrine taught to my son concerning deities.

What I have endeavored to teach him throughout his life, are critical thinking skills. I'm pretty confident he is and will be able to arrive at reasoned conclusions about many things that he will encounter in life using that skill set/process.

If you want to call THAT a doctrine, you're welcome to do so, but then I'd ask you what is the underlying doctrine of thinking critically.
pusherman_ wrote:
The only group that I know of that don't think belief is "belief" are the atheist..
I think it's closer to the mark to say that atheists often have a good grasp of what acquiring beliefs entail, what qualifies as a supported by evidence belief, or if a belief is supported only by faith, absent of any evidence.
pusherman_ wrote:
I " believe " I'll go out and put one In the air..
Okay, looking at your statement above, I do not know what you mean, what you will be doing, nor if you will or won't be outside.

Will you now say I believe you will or won't be doing what you alluded to?

Lemme' answer that. Although I do have a confident and evidence based belief you will be "in the air", I don't have a belief at all concerning the other parts of that statement. It'd be hard to form a belief since I don't know what you're speaking of.

Unless you go under water, and even then you relatively will be both in water and in the air.
pusherman_ wrote:
See how that works?
Yes, I do.

Location hidden

#762193 Jul 26, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> You can't stop o/side Influences and questions from children, way to much o/side contact for that
So by a parent explaining would help the child develop reasoning for the side of the story He was brought up In.
Thus forming a concept, which In turn is gonna develop " belief"
Yes, by default, you are a product of your environment, certain characteristics and " learned behaviors' " are very hard, if not Impossible to rid ones self of, it's Instilled in us..
So Yeah, it's a " belief "
I just showed you that it's not but you can "believe" whatever you wish.

Location hidden

#762194 Jul 26, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read it?
"Hitler himself was hostile to Christianity, and historians, including Ian Kershaw and Laurence Rees, characterise his acceptance of the term "Positive Christianity" and involvement in religious policy as driven by opportunism, and a pragmatic recognition of the political importance of the Christian Churches in Germany."
Thanks for your help.
Yeah, I did read it, and none of that means Hitler wasn't a Christian, it just means he'd arrived at a version of Christianity that he'd decided was "correct", or suited his ideas about what Christianity meant or was supposed to represent.

Which is what all Christians do.

Just because you or 1 billion people do not approve of a version of Christianity that a person espouses, does not mean that person is not a Christian.

It just means you don't approve of that version.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#762195 Jul 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
My children got Mexican Jumping Beans from Vacation Bible School. Then, my daughter told me how they told her brother and her exactly what they are and how they go through the process of hatching and metamorphosis. I was like what???? They are really something that will hatch??? Oh my gosh. Keep them in your room and where they won't get out!! I did not know that a Mexican Jumping Bean contains the larvae of a Moth. This video was awesomeness. I guess we all three get to see this happen for real. I can't wait. This is so cool. But, hearing these darn beans jumping around in that box is driving me nuts, Lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0nEcObP7wTQXX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_jumping_...

Mexican jumping beans (also known as Frijoles saltarines), native to Mexico, are seed pods that have been inhabited by the larva of a small moth (Cydia deshaisiana). The "bean", usually tan to brown in color, "jumps" when heated, because the larva spasms in an attempt to roll the seed to a cooler environment to avoid dehydration and consequent death. They are from the shrub Sebastiania pavoniana, often also referred to as "jumping bean". However, they are not related to actual beans (legume plants), but rather to spurges. The beans are considered non-toxic, but are not intended to be eaten.[1]

After the moth-laid egg on the plant hatches, the larva eats away the inside of the bean (until it becomes hollow) and attaches itself to the inside of the bean with silk-like thread. The larva may live for months inside the bean with varying periods of dormancy. If the larva has adequate conditions of moisture and temperature, it will live long enough to go into a pupal stage. In the spring, the moth forces itself out of the bean through a round "trap door", leaving behind the pupal casing. After its metamorphosis, the small, silver and gray-colored moth lives for no more than a few days.

When the bean is abruptly warmed (by being held in the palm of the hand, for example) the larva twitches and spasms, pulling on the threads and causing the characteristic hop.[2] Leaving the beans in a heated environment (such as direct sunlight) for an extended period of hours can easily kill them.

Location hidden

#762196 Jul 26, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> There is an religious umbrella that covers atheism..
I think it's the First Amendment..
Deal with it.
Sorry but you're wrong.

The next time I talk to my good friend Corporation I'll mention that atheism is a religion. He'll laugh like a hyena.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min PadMark 703,517
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 20 min Wisdom of Ages 6,911
mgtow 49 min the enlightened man 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 57 min TrumpLiesChildAbuse 87,137
The tax bill's loopholes for the wealthy benefi... (Dec '17) 2 hr Fhrung Choc Fu Chu 10
emergency:. don't touch any thing! 3 hr Infinite Force 3
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 3 hr Walter 199