Prove there's a god.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#761020 Jul 22, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well good for you. I wouldn't want to make love outside. It's for enjoyment, not pain.:)
What pain ? I get the same minor scratches and stuff fishing or talking a hike in the woods.

What princess you are, "Oh no! I might mess up my make up!"

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#761021 Jul 22, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not trying to control them. Just making it clear that I don't deal with people who attack, denigrate, and demean or I will return their behavior. Hmmmm, I wondered why people said that. Well, if I don't tell them why I am ignoring them, then they don't get the picture like they do when I tell them exactly why I am ignoring them. Most of them, I do just ignore. Otherwise, you would see me going off on almost all of them.
Bless your little heart.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#761022 Jul 22, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> IANS you were all footies with Joy until you saw she wasn't falling for your Ideologies, Then you started In on her about her beliefs, wanting her to lash out so you could say what a " good Christian " she was and how Christianity has shaped such a wonderful moral person. Some peeps might be blind to it, but I my friend, am not one of them..
Yes, you are blind. You have no idea what I did or why.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#761023 Jul 22, 2014

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#761024 Jul 22, 2014

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#761025 Jul 22, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's much deeper than that, Hiding. I'm sure you know that. Just like evolution isn't just "fish grew legs and walked on land".
Capisce?
I have to disagree. You can't compare a silly mythology to actual knowledge generated by biology. The two aren't even close, biological science is millions of orders more detailed.

Some stable somewhere

#761026 Jul 22, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Two things:
[1] 4% is the number they know about, which means that that is the lowest that it can be. There is no way to know how high an accurate figure would be.
[2] That figure only includes the pedophiles. The crime also includes people that actively participated in the coverup as well as those that turned a blind eye when they had knowledge of a problem with another priest. That's got to be most of them. How many priests do you suppose reported inappropriate activity? I've never heard of it happening. Have you? How would we feel about a mother that knew or suspected that her boyfriend or husband was diddling the kids but looked away, or worse, lied to the police to enable him?
The Catholic church's pedophilia problem defines the church today. What is the first thought that pops into any non-Catholic's head when they think of a Catholic priest?
"A priest, a rapist, and a pedophile walk into a bar. He orders a drink."
Ha!

I asked a close friend - his wife is a Lutheran - would you let a Catholic priest babysit your child?

NO! was the answer.

Some stable somewhere

#761027 Jul 22, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, It was you who caused the problem with KENTUCKY and I. Your lying account of what happened does not fool anyone. You have constantly denigrated Christianity and Christians for as long as I have been here. You have lied and been deceptive several times. As I said before I have no reason to apologize to you. If I owe an apology to someone, I never have a problem giving that apology and it is always wholehearted and sincere. My whole purpose and point was to show you what it feels like when you do that to others and to show you that just because we are Christians doesn't mean we will or should lay down and let you continue to bully, attack, and denigrate us. When I am owed an apology, I usually just refuse to have anything to do with the person until a sincere apology is received. I chose to stand up to you and prove a point. Now, I am finished with that, so I will tend to this matter per usual. As for the words I used. the truth hurts. I am being as kind as possible to you. I am not the one compounding anything or the one who made the mistake. You are. You are the one who committed the offense. Let me know when you are ready and willing to admit that.
Until then:
Have a wonderful day/night.
You have lied repeatedly, are naive and grossly ignorant without even the slightest of education.

Some stable somewhere

#761028 Jul 22, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
AWESOME!
i would forgive you for giving me crabs if you forgive me for giving you herpes and it's a good thing to establish those perimeters right up front in our 'open relationship';-)
You're kinda gross.

Some stable somewhere

#761029 Jul 22, 2014
Lab28 wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading this I'm just wondering how being super clinical about belief, dehumanizing people who accept different evidence than you, is working out.
That's nice "you are an object of study for us."
The ironic part is that you are the one doing the dehumanizing. You actually believe that everyone in the world who has a different belief system than you is simply wrong, not as mature or knowing as you, and are living lies led by lying religious leaders or demons.

I am the one trying to understand how people's experience is meaningful in different social and cultural context, how varieties of religious belief speak to our humanity. Yet you deny "others" their rich, lived, embodied realities.

Some stable somewhere

#761030 Jul 22, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
OMG lol
I asked for this name change weeks ago....
Took em long enough.
You should read Kurt Vonnegut.

Location hidden

#761031 Jul 22, 2014

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#761032 Jul 22, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kinda gross.
Kinda? lol

Some stable somewhere

#761033 Jul 22, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
And everyone talks about much more than what the thread is about, not just me. People should treat each other with respect, period. I have no problem with people debating or telling me that I have no proof.
Ok. Good idea. You start!
It is the evil, mean, disrespectful way people treat others that I have a problem with and I have every right to stand up for that and against that.
As in when you call everyone who disagrees with you evil? You're slipping from the respect part above.
If one wants to be part of a thread, they should learn to act like a decent, respectful, kind human being, not an evil, mean, disrespectful jerk. Kindness is something that everyone should show, not just Christians.
Yeah, you're not good at it. You just said that all the atheists are bad people. Poor attempt at respect. You get a D.
If someone wants to be evil, disrespectful, unkind and mean, then they should be prepared for and accepting of the person who is going to stand up to them for it. Bullies need to be stood up to, period. My purpose and point are finished, as I have stated previously. I have made complete peace with what was going on between me and IANS. I know that I handled it in a way that was necessary and am finished with it.
You basically failed on your promise above. Ok, no worries, come to expect that from you.

Have a lovely day. Bunnies and flowers.
Have a lovely day. Best wishes to you and yours.
Yeah, you too.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#761034 Jul 22, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha!
I asked a close friend - his wife is a Lutheran - would you let a Catholic priest babysit your child?
NO! was the answer.
Would you take a straight man to a lesbians bar?

Some stable somewhere

#761035 Jul 22, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Mostly straight guys who had sex with other men...yeah, that's right, men who insist they are not gay, they just like having sex with other men. Believe it, or not, the CDC now considers that a legitimate category when compiling AIDS statistics.
Talk about a con,it would be funny if it wasn't so twisted.
http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/382250

http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info%3Ado...

Location hidden

#761036 Jul 22, 2014
please don't Judas me

A personal favorite

Some stable somewhere

#761037 Jul 22, 2014
Lab28 wrote:
<quoted text>
You were saying something about bias earlier?
I'm not ignoring any of that, my point is that Christianity was a strong influence.
Christianity was a strong influence in all aspects of life, throughout Western history.

Some stable somewhere

#761038 Jul 22, 2014
Lab28 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman%27s_Christ...
I think we both have an ideal picture of what should happen if someone is living out the implications of their faith and that faith is Christianity. But we both know that it isn't the case in this world.
But it draws two completely different conclusions.
I don't. What does it mean for you?

Out of curiosity, do you accept the framework theory of biological sciences?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#761040 Jul 22, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
I have no reason to apologize to you.

You have gone too far for too long for forgiveness to be an option.

Has a Jesusy day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min exposingdolts 30,807
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 687,186
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Say the Truth 286,541
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 7 hr LG Sucks 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Here For Now 619,789
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 11 hr clayvligon 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 hr LAWEST100 184,840
More from around the web