Prove there's a god.
Toby

Eugene, OR

#760668 Jul 21, 2014
I will leave you with this observation. People who obsess and rant on incessantly in opposition to atheism, homosexuality or even theism, are usually overcompensating for some personal inadequacy. I don't believe there is any way a human can ever really know what's beyond this life, maybe there is transcendence, maybe nothing, everyone has to make that decision themselves. Many Fundamentalist Christians might be resisting and repressing their own unwanted impulses, and many atheist might be vehemently resisting the possibility that a deity or deities might exist, or they might be in most cases responding to religious sanctimonious attitudes from Christians, Muslims, etc..

All I know is that, I'm here to- shake shake get some cake, shake shake get some cake, cause those that don't shake don't get no cake!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#760670 Jul 21, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
The Bible and Christian culture gives Christians the ability to do just about whatever they want and still find some means of justifying it to themselves through the religion.
Because:
1. There is no real authority
2. The Bible is a mess
3. With faith you can believe anything
Great. So now you've shown that you understand what my personal beliefs are about how Christians don't have to follow the ceremonial or civil laws written in the Bible.

Do us both a favor and quit asking me why Christians are supposed to follow them.
Toby

Eugene, OR

#760671 Jul 21, 2014
I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what every fa**ot says
I'm sure you're (quite familiar) with what homosexuals say and do,(especially do), subjective knowledge that is. The inner queen in you is crying out for attention and acceptance.

Group hug!
Toby

Eugene, OR

#760672 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Up your mother's a*s..........absolutely
Oh you silly queen, you're so obtrusively masculine and in such a beefcake way! Did your Mother make you wear dresses when you were young, bingo! It's alright, don't worry about it, you silly willie!
Toby

Eugene, OR

#760674 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Up your mother's a*s..........absolutely
Just one question, how many times have you secretly been with a man, you aren't obligated to spill the beans now, you can admit it later if you want to,no pressure.

Since: Jan 11

United States

#760675 Jul 21, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Proxy Queen wrote:
I think that by calling God a loser you are attempting to illicit an emotional response thereby facilitating and encouraging your perception that Christians aren't nice people.
Won't work on me, dude man.
That was not my aim.

Is that all you wanted to respond to from that post?

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#760677 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
That's more of a PM type of question. That's why I didn't answer you.
OK

I think we understand each other on this.

I realize I was going about it in a roundabout way.
Toby

Eugene, OR

#760682 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
More projection
Oh just admit it, stop avoiding the truth, let your inner queen out!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#760683 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
"Bad news about Christianity" a totally fair, objective and impartial <sic> sight.
It is just as fair, objective, and impartial as any Christian site, however it IS more truthful.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#760686 Jul 21, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of atheists believe that Jesus the man existed, as do I. The only thing is we usually (probably all of us) don't believe the man was magical or supernatural.
There has never been any undisputed evidence of the supernatural or magical occurring on earth, nor any real evidence for demons, ghosts, angels, etc..
Hey word. I may not have proof that ghosts exists, But I have seen two in my life time.
The first one that I saw scared the hell out of me and I actually followed it for about 2-3 minutes.
The second one that I saw fascinated me and I actually observed it coming down my stairs, crossing the landing and then into the living room for about 45-50 seconds before it finally disappeared.

I do believe that there is more to this world than meets the eye. Things we cannot understand or prove.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#760687 Jul 21, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/TOCO8TEGNA8I5JT63/post 760375
<quoted text>
That was not my aim.
Is that all you wanted to respond to from that post?
Yes. Been round and round the illogical paradox enough for one day.

Unless there was something specific you're referring to.
Toby

Eugene, OR

#760688 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
That's what every fa**t says.
So you don't kiss and tell correct? Ok I understand

United States

#760689 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
Organizations like the FFRF have sued the IRS several times in an attempt to make that happen. They continually fail.
This is not something that can be solved here by people like you & I, this has been solved by our courts and our laws.
Don't cry for me, Argentina. If you don't like it, support the FFRF or call your Congressman or something.
<quoted text>
Churches aren't fighting it not are they being sued for it, the IRS is.
The FFRF is doing what it can for the time being. Their attempts make a lot of noise even if their lawsuits fail to make direct changes.

We're still in the process of changing public opinion. We are opposed by theists. This is where the fight is taking place. When public opinion shifts, Congress should act, eventually, maybe.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#760690 Jul 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:

OK
I think we understand each other on this.
I realize I was going about it in a roundabout way.
"I've always thought that we are what we remember, and the less we remember, the less we are."
-Carlos

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#760692 Jul 21, 2014
Toby wrote:
Oh just admit it, stop avoiding the truth, let your inner queen out!
Here, here! I support you, Toby :)

Manhattan Beach, CA

#760697 Jul 21, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey word. I may not have proof that ghosts exists, But I have seen two in my life time.
The first one that I saw scared the hell out of me and I actually followed it for about 2-3 minutes.
The second one that I saw fascinated me and I actually observed it coming down my stairs, crossing the landing and then into the living room for about 45-50 seconds before it finally disappeared.
I do believe that there is more to this world than meets the eye. Things we cannot understand or prove.
Hey Al, you must have had some really good stuff!!
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#760698 Jul 21, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
See RR, It doesn't matter how much you try to be nice or get along. It is never going to satisfy them. All they want is to keep downing you for your past. Just be you. The new you is just fine. Just be yourself. Don't continue to change for them, just for yourself.
Personal responsibility isn't absolved just because someone "changes their ways". Should a thief not be held accountable for thieving simply because he/she thieves no more, a rapist allowed to walk free because he resolved to not ever again rape, or a murderer to be unpunished just because he/she was never caught? Who, exactly, is it that he has been the main (virtually only) proponent of "personal responsibility" on this thread while remaining "personally unresponsible"? Someone who continues to cheat his employer? Is **that** "changing his ways", or is that nothing more than lip service, in whatever particular denomination?

A person who responds to this:
It aint necessarily so wrote:
It doesn't represent Domino's Pizza or Major League Baseball. Of course it represents Christianity. Those were some very prominent Christians there - people that millions of other Christians esteemed.

With this:
Actually, all you've done is post the opinions of 8 individual Christians.
And this:
I'll tell you what: Show me the quotes from equally prominent Christians criticizing or contradicting those opinions.

With this:
Nah. Not interested. What good would it do anyway?

Christian A says this.
Christian B says that.

That would leave us nowhere.

While he is nothing more than Christian C (or D, E, rest of alphabet), saying something else, yet continuing to endlessly conducting himself as the crown prince arbiter of what is and what isn't legitimate interpretation of the entire bible since its inception?

Why should I take someone on faith who has no history of veracity, or honesty?

And is someone who, apparently, believes the best way to deal with my query is to simply shelve and disregard it?

I have nothing against Christians, there are many in my life whom I adore and cherish. But they are all, without exception, upstanding people who say - and do - what they mean. I remain open to others in my life who have nothing more than the low threshold to meet of being of good moral fibre and character.

I wish I could name more than one on this thread.

United States

#760700 Jul 21, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Proxy Queen wrote:
You think this represents Christianity, don't you?
Yes.

Does that make you uncomfortable calling yourself a Christian?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#760701 Jul 21, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
The FFRF is doing what it can for the time being. Their attempts make a lot of noise even if their lawsuits fail to make direct changes.
We're still in the process of changing public opinion. We are opposed by theists. This is where the fight is taking place. When public opinion shifts, Congress should act, eventually, maybe.
Why? You know what public opinion on abortion is, don't you? The majority says no. Should we follow the majority?

Manhattan Beach, CA

#760703 Jul 21, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.

Just look at what's been happening, over just a few years, on the issue of same sex marriage.

We have been opposed by theists and have lost a few battles along the way, but the war is being won, and much faster than I, and I imagine anybody, had anticipated.

The immigration battles are somewhat more difficult. My favorite author, Carlos Ruiz Zafon, says it very well:

“It is difficult to hate an idea. That requires a certain intellectual discipline and a slightly obsessive, sick mind. There aren’t too many of those. It’s much easier to hate someone with a recognizable face whom we can blame for everything that makes us feel uncomfortable. It doesn’t have to be an individual character. It could be a nation, a race, a group...anything.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min It aint necessari... 29,421
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min Adam 104,202
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min kent 637,825
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 16 min Ruby88 53,710
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min onemale 280,519
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Joe Fortuna 4,765
hi i am top from jubail 1 hr top jubail 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr truth 44,238
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr LAWEST100 618,238
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 7 hr Johnny 3,700
More from around the web