Prove there's a god.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#760773 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies damn lies.
Anyone who's anyone knows the best drinks are served in El Garaje del Paleto.
Oh wait, you said happy hour. Never mind.
Fun fact, There's no happy hour in the state of Massachusetts.
But do they make a good peach margarita?
Free Babysitter

London, KY

#760774 Jul 21, 2014
Hello...
gort

France

#760775 Jul 21, 2014
become an atheist

do whatever

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#760776 Jul 21, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that you can. I know of many instances in families where there have been a lot of what we would call unforgivable acts, say molestation of a child. The child may harbor such hatred for that person that it is eating them alive. Nothing but hate and revenge is all they can think of and it affects every person around them, school, work situations.
They may never see this person again in their lifetime, but if they cant forgive and go forward their life, it is a mess. Forgiving is not for the person in the fault. It is for the person who received the transgression.
Thank you for your answer. Very helpful like many to my question have been.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#760777 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
Not at all. From my POV, those are minority opinions of Christianity, like the WBC's views.
I'd say they are typical, in that they read the Bible, form beliefs about what it says, and then act on those beliefs as if they are immutable truth.

When you do the same thing, and say that it's okay for you, you're saying it's okay for them.
Free Babysitter

London, KY

#760778 Jul 21, 2014
gort wrote:
i renounced my citizenship. you Americans killed tens of thousands of innocent Japanese children
I never touched them I swear.
gort

France

#760779 Jul 21, 2014
since trouncing them, they don't even deny jesus. it is all about everything but

Location hidden

#760780 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Patriarchal systems and systematic oppression of women over the years have dictated that promiscuous women are sluts while promiscuous men are studs. It's a double standard of society that makes no sense at all. How can we fix it?
See? You bring up married women infected by husbands who were cheating, you did not bring up married husbands infected by their wives who were cheating. The double standard continues...
You are right, I certainly did. Only time will fix the double standard problem, as with each generation, it gets a little better. Men and women who do the same things should be judged the same. Not one a stud and the other a wh*re.

Location hidden

#760781 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
We're working on it. All of us. Not just here but everywhere, sharing ideas, arguing, debating and ultimately (hopefully) learning about one another and becoming more tolerant and open of varying ideas of lifestyle and happiness, which will lead to a more peaceful and prosperous world.
Starting in America of course :)
That's a very nice sentiment.

Location hidden

#760782 Jul 21, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we have won already, in the sense that there is no going back. It's still going to take years for all the pieces to fall into place.
<quoted text>
I'm getting depressed thinking about how broken our government is.
I could use a drink.
I think I have enough tequila to make a peach margarita, want one, frozen?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#760786 Jul 21, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you mean "doesn't mean they get no punishment"?
ha, I wondered too.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#760789 Jul 21, 2014
Q: Did you hear about the the evangelical atheist? A: She went door to door with a book full of blank pages.

Location hidden

#760791 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
Indeed.
If all you know about me is that I'm a Christian, how much do you know about me?
A lot. I could make a list starting with fundamental beliefs, then move onto beliefs where Christians have two options, then to beliefs where Christians have three options, and so forth until I've covered all the Christian beliefs I know of. I may not be able to define your entire belief system without being incorrect, but I can narrow it down. If I look up statistical data on the popularity of Christian beliefs I can make the best guesses.

I wouldn't have any idea if you prefer chicken over fish.

Location hidden

#760792 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you misunderstood my post. Sorry, that was probably my fault.
Nano put it out there that AIDS is caused by men and spread to women by men. She coincidentally left out the "promiscuous woman" part that is required for a woman to contract AIDS.
My post was not intended to be misogynistic, I just worded it wrong. It takes two to tango...
"Required?" You don't want to go there.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#760793 Jul 21, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not at all surprised. ArAr or RR or Proxy Queen is quite likable in spite of a lot of his opinions. Every one argues with him, but never treats him badly except Scroogie but that's Scrooges problem. We can get into arguments that can get quite heated, but as I mentioned a while back, we don't take this to heart. Its like arguing with an old friend. You cannot get emotional and get your feelings hurt over this thread.
Some people here are just playing games, taking on a roll and playing it to the hilt, some are serious, some are the mecca of information. I like this thread even tho I have been called names or whatever. Just ignore it and go on. I don't take any of it to heart and learn every thing I can. I do much more reading than responding.
I count you among the good, sweets.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#760795 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Example:
Corinthians is a letter written by Paul to the church of God which in Corinth, in Greece.
Who do you suppose that letter was written for?
Paul in't God either. He was just another clown saying he was the only one who KNEW what God wanted. Just another moron claiming to be God's only begotten mouth.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#760796 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you make assumptions that every law in the Bible is written for every Christian to follow in full detail, so I assumed....
I never said that.

Location hidden

#760797 Jul 21, 2014
I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS wrote:
SO LIKE I WAS SAYIN..........RICHARD DAWKINS ADMITS TO
INTELLIGENT DESIGN. CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW.
I WONDER WHAT THE ATHEIST EXCUSE WILL BE FOR THIS ONE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BoncJBrrdQ8XX
lol

"Design, according to Richard Dawkins", hahahaha, yep, I've seen this one before.

As if his word id the last one on ANY subject. Talk about egotistical.

Location hidden

#760800 Jul 21, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
I think I have enough tequila to make a peach margarita, want one, frozen?
I only drink through straws with three loops or more.

It gets me drunker faster.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#760802 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
Mirab, with sails unfurled.
Horselover Fat at Mount Zion with Gloria....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min waaasssuuup 682,031
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Denny CranesPlace 8,127
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Aerobatty 124,079
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Comrade Trump 286,504
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Here For Now 619,476
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,373
--- for SIDE SLEEPERS --- *Instant Better Comfo... 5 hr Arm Pillow Max 1
More from around the web