Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#760468 Jul 21, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol, yeah, that lisp says it all. What straight guy still has a lisp at his age?
just between you and me, i don't know or care who dawkins is, but since the gaytheists like him i'm sure that i don't and that he's either a flamer or a flaming advocate of everything antichrist;-)

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#760469 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you something, how does the following make you feel?
No offense but you are an ignorant person with a big mouth. Your fake, a poe. You have the nerve to belittle someone and tell them "God bless you"?
Does something like that make you angry? Does it make you want to retaliate and call me names, too?
These kinds of constant personal assaults will get us all nowhere, Joy.
If I thought you meant it, yes it would make me angry and make me want to retaliate. I already told you my purpose was in what I have been saying to a certain someone. It was a clear purpose of showing him what he does to others and how it feels. Whether it worked or not, I made my point that bullies can't just get by with it. Sometimes, one has to stand up to bullies. I already posted earlier that I was going to take Nano's advice that she gave to IANS by letting it go. Although, I know what you posted as an example is not true about me, so even though it isn't true, it would make me angry because there is no reason why anyone should feel that they have the right to hurt others in that way. God and I know that I mean the kind things I say every time I say them. It will get us somewhere. It makes the point that I was trying to make. Just because we are supposed to turn the other cheek does not mean we are supposed to allow others to bully us or demean us. I usually turn the other cheek and ignore. This was a time to stand up and prove a point, so I did.

Have a wonderful day. God bless you and yours.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#760470 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ten Commandments are moral laws, they still stand.
There are three types of Biblical law, which I've discussed before. I'll happily do it again.
First, civil laws. Culturally specific laws, in this case the Israelites. The law we were talking about a few days ago about the men fighting and hitting a pregnant woman is a good example of a Biblical civil law. That law means nothing to Christians and we do not have to abide by it.
Second, ceremonial laws. These are customs of a particular nation, literally. These types of laws includes things like not eating pork or rabbits, which was specifically written for the Jews. Another would be animal sacrifice, which also does not pertain to Christians.
Third, God’s Laws - Moral Laws. These kinds of laws relate to judgment and justice, they are holy, just never change.
Questions/comments?
Keeping the sabbath is a moral law? Restrictions on "graven images" is a moral law?

Wait, you're the one who said that employers contributing to employees medical insurance was "a gift"! Thankfully, the world does not adhere to your irrational opinions

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#760471 Jul 21, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Forgive but never Forget..
My mom used to push the forgive AND forget crap which I thought was hypocritical because she never had anybody offend her in a way that "required" either action.

Location hidden

#760472 Jul 21, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> hahaha!
you say tomato, I say mater..
Hey, tater!
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#760475 Jul 21, 2014
I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS wrote:
TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY
x
Mine was better,

While you waste time fantasizing and hating

I Made over 20 Grand by simply flipping a house,,LLL

Its Great to be an atheist

Location hidden

#760476 Jul 21, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
RR, KENTUCKY, and DWB:
Does forgiveness require the other person asking for forgiveness/apologizing/being sorry? Or can one forgive another without the forgiven one doing anything?
Aw, c'mon! Think about it.

Forgiveness is not an entity requiring anything. There are those who have never asked, that reason allowed a "dismissal" due to a lack of malice. The majority of those who have the nerve to expect forgiveness, by asking for it, are rarely sincere and their remorse false.
Lab28

Anaheim, CA

#760477 Jul 21, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you misunderstood the question. Can you forgive another person for their wrong, if they did not ask for forgiveness/apologize/are not sorry for what they did/ have no remorse for their actions? Why would one apologize/ask forgiveness for what another did wrong? Why would one forgive someone who was not sorry for their actions?
You may be seated...

Our message today will be from the Gospel of Matthew, if you have a bible free feel to join in we'll be starting in Chapter 18 starting from verse 21.

If you've been coming here for awhile you know that we just finished a series on whatever it is I was talking about last week, and we're going to be starting a series on the most excruciating and painful practice that ever there was in Christianity. Forgiveness. Sounds fun right?

21Then Peter came to him and asked,“Lord, how often should I forgive someonei who sins against me? Seven times?”

22“No, not seven times,” Jesus replied,“but seventy times seven!

23“Therefore, the Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to a king who decided to bring his accounts up to date with servants who had borrowed money from him. 24In the process, one of his debtors was brought in who owed him millions of dollars.k 25He couldn’t pay, so his master ordered that he be sold—along with his wife, his children, and everything he owned—to pay the debt.

26“But the man fell down before his master and begged him,‘Please, be patient with me, and I will pay it all.’ 27Then his master was filled with pity for him, and he released him and forgave his debt.

28“But when the man left the king, he went to a fellow servant who owed him a few thousand dollars.l He grabbed him by the throat and demanded instant payment.

29“His fellow servant fell down before him and begged for a little more time.‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it,’ he pleaded. 30But his creditor wouldn’t wait. He had the man arrested and put in prison until the debt could be paid in full.

31“When some of the other servants saw this, they were very upset. They went to the king and told him everything that had happened. 32Then the king called in the man he had forgiven and said,‘You evil servant! I forgave you that tremendous debt because you pleaded with me. 33Shouldn’t you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?’ 34Then the angry king sent the man to prison to be tortured until he had paid his entire debt.

35“That’s what my heavenly Father will do to you if you refuse to forgive your brothers and sisters from your heart.”

So, Jesus uses money as the analogy here. A debt is owed to a king, an enormous debt that this servant will probably never be able to repay. And the king forgives the debt with a stroke of his hand, in an easy and simple gesture the debt is repaid. Because He has the power and the willingness to do it. It is the king's character to forgive. This doesn't say a thing about the character of the servant.

And the servant, being owed far less by another servant turns around and demands payment, grabs him by the throat, has him thrown in jail. Not only repayment but revenge! Justice! This speaks to the servant's character, an unwillingness to absorb the debt a necessity to be paid back.

Which of these can you best relate to. The servant, or the king? I know that if I'm honest with myself I relate to the servant; revenge, payback, justice, these are my first instincts when I am owed. When it's the friend who owes me loyalty, the wife that owes me love, the peers that owe me respect and I don't get it, they owe me and I must make sure they pay me back.

But look at the King, I have to think about how I accrued that debt with the king.

Psalm 51:3-4 For I know my transgressions, And my sin is ever before me. 4Against You, You only, I have sinned And done what is evil in Your sight, So that You are justified when You speak And blameless when You judge.

cont...
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#760479 Jul 21, 2014
I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Please ignore any "advice" or reprimand which that phony POS known as Proxy Queen aka
RR gives you. He has attacked me and several others on this and other threads hundreds of times..........that is NOT hyperbole. He has even attacked my mother, who has never met the man. He is nothing short of a two-faced hypocrite and nothing less than a forked tongue rattlesnake. He CONSTANTLY and I mean CONSTANTLY sides with God-hating demons vs Christians. You should do what I do and use his posts for toilet paper. Have a nice day.
Do tell
Just how do you use computer tread for toilet paper?

You're NOT normal are ya

HAHAHAHA
Lab28

Anaheim, CA

#760483 Jul 21, 2014
So, for all of my transgressions and every sin I have committed I have racked up quite the debt. A debt that I can never repay. Because of this I know that there is no way that somebody can sin against me more than I have sinned against God.

Yet, God forgives me. Because it is His character to forgive, it is what He does and nothing that I have done to deserve it. I don't think this should fill me with fear or guilt or shame that I am so unequipped to forgive. But in light of the mercy that He has given me, how can I not forgive?

This still doesn't make it easy though. It isn't a wave of my hand and it's done. It isn't a one and done. Look at what Jesus says to Peter. seventy times seven times. That's the payment plan, that's making payments in order to absorb the debt that's been accrued. And we can feel that debt when we've been wronged. But look at what Christ went through to forgive us.

Anytime I am having difficulty with this I picture Christ being whipped with a cat o'nine tails asking me, "it isn't easy, is it?"

I also believe that when we make payments to absorb the debts accrued by others that that good and merciful king will vest himself into that forgiveness. He has an infinite treasury to pay for these kinds of things, and it is a matter of tapping into his resources. It is a matter of asking His mercy.

Luke 23:34 But Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing."

So is forgiveness easy? No, not at all. In fact it feels like death, and it took death. But we are called to do it, so that we might be resurrected to life in Him.

Let us pray.

Location hidden

#760484 Jul 21, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Forgiving someone is for your own peace of mind..
You have no control over someone else and whether they ask for it or not.
Do it for yourself..
Peace..
True enough, forgiving helps the forgiver move on and not have those toxic thoughts circling through the consciousness forever. Forgiving is healing for the forgiver, too bad it rarely changes the perpetrator in a positive way.

Forgiving someone for stealing is a given, but some offences leave lasting scars that may never heal. Blood calls for blood.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#760485 Jul 21, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Even a scumbag that kidnapped your child with intent to sell them to a pedophile that went through kids like the rest of us go through shampoo?
Forgiving either of those people is the same as saying your child's well being is not that important, that the child's life had no value. I could never take that stance so casually.
When you forgive people like that they take it as consent for them to continue to do what they like best. Haven't you noticed that it's the worst people who demand the most forgiveness? The unmerciful always expect mercy, murderers always claim to be innocent and fight fiercely for their own survival and right to breathe freely.
Forgiving someone for the atrocity you mentioned does mean they get no punishment.

Forgive, never forget, never empower, never enable.

Location hidden

#760486 Jul 21, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I am used to it, but it is neither necessary nor acceptable. I am critical of ideas, institutions, and practices.
This is a forum for having exactly those kinds of discussions. I read criticisms of atheism every time I'm here. Is that not the same thing in reverse?
When lightbeamrider tells me that atheism answers nothing and offers nothing except hopelessness and immorality, do I take it personally and attack him for it? No, I answer the claim and nothing else. He doesn't return the favor, however.
It is only then that I attack him person - after he's been slurping from his gutter of abusive language and spitting its sewage onto the thread.
Likewise with nanoanomaly, reply mail, Viking, and Joyful. They all drink and spray that same filth.
Let's look at your comment again: "You constantly denigrate Christians and our culture and our teachings. You should expect hostility thrown at you for doing so."
What you call denigrating your culture is this: I criticize faith and am criticized for having none or for being skeptical and a materialist. I criticize scripture and hear criticisms of Darwin. I criticize the church and read criticisms of atheism and humanism. It's all the same.
I don't call that denigrating atheists, at least not sufficiently to justify hostile personal attacks against the Christian that posted it.
So yes, I expect to be dealt with with hostility from ill-bred people of faith because it's so very common here. But I don't consider it justified.
Do you?
Says the ill bred atheist. You are like the boorish host at a buffet dinner who repeatedly insists a guest with a full plate try an unappealing dish, ignoring the fact the guest made his choices for a reason and shouldn't be expected to be influenced in ANY way.
Your attempt to convert, thousands of times, and expecting agreement, across the board, is the height of narcissistic arrogance.

Get over yourself, creep.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#760487 Jul 21, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>My mom used to push the forgive AND forget crap which I thought was hypocritical because she never had anybody offend her in a way that "required" either action.
Jesus said to forgive seventy times seven

Forgive and Forgiveness will be granted you
KENTUCKY

Louisville, KY

#760488 Jul 21, 2014
LOOK AT ALL THESE CHRISTIAN CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS !

Thank you good American CHRISTIANS for continuing to set the example for the world and raising the bar every day.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Guide-to-Gi...
KENTUCKY

Louisville, KY

#760489 Jul 21, 2014
NO. You can forgive anyone you feel your heart needs to. Never forget, ever.

YES, forgiveness comes from you, regardless of if the other wants it or not, to put it simply
Joyful8118 wrote:
RR, KENTUCKY, and DWB:
Does forgiveness require the other person asking for forgiveness/apologizing/being sorry? Or can one forgive another without the forgiven one doing anything?
KENTUCKY

Louisville, KY

#760490 Jul 21, 2014
*******ATTENTION IANS*********

I am still waiting for those questions !
KENTUCKY

Louisville, KY

#760491 Jul 21, 2014
**********ATTENTION JOYFUL**********

I swear if I were not married I would swim across the Ohio river, holding on to a log, picking up a couple flip flops and used tires for buoyancy along the way and give your sweet azz a hug. No shyt !

[email protected] !

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#760492 Jul 21, 2014
Lab28 wrote:
So, for all of my transgressions and every sin I have committed I have racked up quite the debt. A debt that I can never repay. Because of this I know that there is no way that somebody can sin against me more than I have sinned against God.
Yet, God forgives me. Because it is His character to forgive, it is what He does and nothing that I have done to deserve it. I don't think this should fill me with fear or guilt or shame that I am so unequipped to forgive. But in light of the mercy that He has given me, how can I not forgive?
This still doesn't make it easy though. It isn't a wave of my hand and it's done. It isn't a one and done. Look at what Jesus says to Peter. seventy times seven times. That's the payment plan, that's making payments in order to absorb the debt that's been accrued. And we can feel that debt when we've been wronged. But look at what Christ went through to forgive us.
Anytime I am having difficulty with this I picture Christ being whipped with a cat o'nine tails asking me, "it isn't easy, is it?"
I also believe that when we make payments to absorb the debts accrued by others that that good and merciful king will vest himself into that forgiveness. He has an infinite treasury to pay for these kinds of things, and it is a matter of tapping into his resources. It is a matter of asking His mercy.
Luke 23:34 But Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing."
So is forgiveness easy? No, not at all. In fact it feels like death, and it took death. But we are called to do it, so that we might be resurrected to life in Him.
Let us pray.
Thank you for that, LabTwentyAte. Excellent post.

Location hidden

#760493 Jul 21, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgiving someone for the atrocity you mentioned does mean they get no punishment.
Forgive, never forget, never empower, never enable.
It doesn't matter if the victim forgives, kidnapping and trafficking children is an offence the State will prosecute whether the victim or their parents want that or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min here 63,443
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min marge 653,695
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 57 min Knock off purse s... 21
Fedz Pimping Poison Meat - Don't Buy 2 hr HiddnNumbrz 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,478
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,568
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr Classic 3,797
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr LAWEST100 618,751
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Pegasus 281,841
More from around the web