Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#760174 Jul 20, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>.
<quoted text>
We sure do have a lot of smart women posting on this thread.
Hi Hiding, River and Sweets.
They have Joyful and maybe lightbeamrider.
Who remembers the young Christian mother in school who brought her chemistry homework here? She was an Internet doppelganger for Joyful. It was the same insincere flowery language combined with a serious lack of understanding and a short fuse.
I miss Happy Lesbo, Clementia and Princess Sue.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#760180 Jul 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
You define Christianity by abuses, sexual abuses, etc. Ignoring the abuse of a thing does not invalidate its legit use.
I think that I have been fair in my assessment of Christianity. I have offered a laundry list of the kinds of damage that it does and don't recall a single point being successfully rebutted, just rejected. Christian anti-scientism, Christian misogyny, Christian homophobia, and Christian atheophobia come to mind. Did you rebut any of those charges? Do you deny that they hurt people?

And I have offered all of you a chance to make the opposite case. The charity thing was all faith based and unsupported claims. The little data that surfaced all contradicted the claim that the church's charity was even a tithe.

And Kentucky produced a list of candidate contributions that also could not be supported. He wanted us to thank Christianity for scientists, hospitals, nursing, medical research. I think I demonstrated that all of those claims were inflated.

You were discussing the marketplace of ideas before. This is it. If you have a good argument, it ought to prevail. If your argument is empty, that should become apparent.

Fennario

#760181 Jul 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Ignoring abuses by religionists does not automatically make atheism true.
Nobody but you has suggested otherwise.
lightbeamrider wrote:
That means you assume atheism is true in an objective sense.
You still don't know what atheism is. It can't be true or false. It's an opinion: "You have not made your case for gods, and I don't accept the claims." How can that be true or false in an objective sense?
lightbeamrider wrote:
you cannot provide evidence for your faith based assumptions which really explain nothing.
Yes, I know. I told you the same thing just recently. That's not a criticism.
lightbeamrider wrote:
You cannot explain why we are here or how we got here other than a blind chance assumption.
My understanding of that is incomplete. Yours is empty. "Goddidit" is not an explanantion.
lightbeamrider wrote:
That assumption is self defeating since it cannot be demonstrated to be true.
Did you just forget that you're a Christian? Demonstrating truth is of no interest to a faith based thinker like you.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Or from nothing comes everything ....
I have never made that claim, although I have discussed it.
lightbeamrider wrote:
... and then wrap it all up in the misuse of Science and reason.
Misuse? You have no use for either.
lightbeamrider wrote:
The faith based assumption science can explain everything
I've never seen anybody make that argument..

Fennario

#760182 Jul 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Cruel relative to what? You keep assuming abstract principals like cruelty and evil in an atheist vacuum which does not allow such concepts to have any real meaning.
Don't try to think for me. I'll tell you what has meaning for me.

And there is no atheist vacuum. The space vacated when I tossed theism out has been filled by its substitute, secular humanism.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Dangerous relative to what?
No god.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Take away religious freedom and your freedom will not be far behind. Under atheism there is always another witch to burn.
Your arguments are remarkable. Ineffectual, but remarkable.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Public education censors Theism.
Don't feel so picked on. It also restricts astrology and seances.

Fennario

#760183 Jul 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
The actual education does not differ all that much.
Christian parents that spend a lot to buy one rather than take the other at no cost don't seem to agree.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Rights and responsibilities derive from God, not men. Also all authority is from God and God gives no moral authority to the state to do immoral things or enact immoral laws. Things like that. What atheists are afraid of is accountability to God.
We reject that, and don't want our children polluted with such ideas. If you think otherwise, make your case to the marketplace of ideas again. If it has legs, it will gain traction. If it is effete, it will be ignored.

Fennario

#760185 Jul 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
So you see we do have some common ground in that we both agree atheism explains nothing. Has nothing to offer. So if atheism explains nothing the why should your atheism be taken seriously?
Because it is the only reasonable position possible. I understand that that is of no concern to you.
lightbeamrider wrote:
What is the source for reason in a world without God? Oh, that is right, atheism has no answers. Atheism assumes reason for no reason which is unreasonable.
Yes, atheism has no answers, Perseveration Man, but humanism does. See if you can guess what humanism considers the source of reason. I'll give you a multiple choice:

[a] Thor
[b] Man
[C] Giraffes

Fennario

#760186 Jul 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
If you do not think Christianity can compete then why are you all for censoring any Christian influence in public education?
We don't expect children too exercise critical judgment. If you can only compete in kindergarten, you have no argument.

Fennario

#760188 Jul 20, 2014
... untold thousands of dollars in lost tax revenues ...
Proxy Queen wrote:
How can "untold dollars" be in the thousands?
Any number of dollars can be expressed in thousands. Five dollars is one two.hundredth of a thousand dollars. Forty billion dollars is forty million thousands of dollars.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#760189 Jul 20, 2014
Thank you, Castrated Hyena, for proving that you are a worthless, lying POS.

I bet $1000 you are a White Christian Male.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#760190 Jul 20, 2014
LAUGHING MY BALLS OFF wrote:
<quoted text>
And you wonder why 98% of this thread thinks you're insane.
100% KNOWS you are a POS.

Congrats!

Fennario

#760195 Jul 20, 2014
KENTUCKY wrote:
Let me ask you, when you make statements like you seriously doubt that I mean what I said regarding child abusers being hung up by their balls..... Do you feel justified in those malicious claims as the truth or should it be interpreted as a blatant character assassination ?
I said that I don't think you mean that you would like to string up the parties responsible for the Catholic pedophile problem by their balls, and proceeded to explain why. You didn't merely choose to take offense at that, you called it character assassination - a few times. I don't understand any of that.

In any event, are you ready to go out and string pope Benedict up by his balls?
KENTUCKY wrote:
Christian emphasis on practical charity gave RISE to the development of SYSTEMATIC nursing and hospitals. 18,000 clinics---16,000 homes for the elderly---5,500 hospitals worldwide and that's not including all the other GOOD CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATIONS.
I have no interest in unsupported claims. And yes, I found the Wiki source you quoted, but you still need to support those claims. And the support needs to be non-Christian sources. After all, of it's true, non.Christians will know it and have reported it somewhere. If it can be found only in Christian sources, I don't accept the claim.

Fennario

#760198 Jul 20, 2014
I will assume that by bias and prejudice, you mean irrational and unfair judgments. And I will assume that you agree that exposing the Catholic priest scandal was neither irrational nor unfair. The combination of those refutes the claim that a website called "exposereligionblog" is biased simply by virtue of exposing religion. If you have any problem with any of that, you need to participate to explain yourself.
Proxy Queen wrote:
What game is this? I explained what I meant by bias then you say I didn't explain it.
Sorry for not explaining what I mean by bias by explaining what I mean by bias.
We've reached the end of this avenue of inquiry. I told you what I assumed you meant by "bias," and you did not dissent, so I will continue to assume as much.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#760199 Jul 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Because it is the only reasonable position possible. I understand that that is of no concern to you.
<quoted text>
Yes, atheism has no answers, Perseveration Man, but humanism does. See if you can guess what humanism considers the source of reason. I'll give you a multiple choice:
[a] Thor
[b] Man
[C] Giraffes
lightbeanrider may very well answer Thormangir.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#760207 Jul 20, 2014
<quoted text>
There most certainly is..........all you misguided, retarded, atheist Simian POS need to get a life and not come back here anymore........ever. Once you do that I PROMISE you'll never "see" me again.
Aww...little Viking...you seem cranky since you lost you balls....

Fennario

#760209 Jul 20, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
Christianity in 2014 is not what it was in 1014.
You have the rational ethicists of the Enlightenment to thank for that. Without them, there is no reason to believe that both of us would not be smelling "witches" burning right now.

Fennario

#760215 Jul 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
If God intervened in every situation then there would really be no consequences for wrong decisions.
That ridiculous. An intervention is a consequence.

But your god is the consummate non-interventionalist whose choices always seem to perfectly mimic its own nonexistence. Of course it sits back and watches -just like Santa. What choice do either of them have?
lightbeamrider wrote:
you need to explain why humans are endowed with a universal sense of right and wrong
The universal part is evolutionary. The differences are cultural.
lightbeamrider wrote:
If life arose spontaneously and non intelligently through random chemical processes as is asserted then what is the source of all this intelligence and this universal sense of right and wrong?
Evolution..
lightbeamrider wrote:
We should have no moral obligation to anyone anymore than a bowl of chili? Are there other laws or influences at work? No says the atheists.[]/QUOTE]

Our worldview is unavailable to your faith conditioned mind. Too bad.

[QUOTE who="lightbeamrider" ]Theism explains, atheism explains nothing. It just assumes.
"Goddidit" explains absolutely nothing.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Science does not explain everything.
Correct. And faith explains nothing. Faith has always been sterile.

Fennario

#760216 Jul 20, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
Biblical omnipotence does not mean that God can do anything. In fact, the Bible is clear that there are things He cannot do, like lie. God can't do anything against His will and He can't do anything logically impossible, like making a spherical triangle or making a stone so heavy He can't lift it.
Agreed. It's why we can reject all allegedly omnipotent gods.
Proxy Queen wrote:
Atheists tend to distort the Biblical definition of omnipotence to "prove" God doesn't exist.
Where does the bible define omnipotence?

Fennario

#760218 Jul 20, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Right.
<quoted text> Three wrongs.
<quoted text> Wrong and wrong.
<quoted text> Other than an assumption i do not know why that is impossible.
<quoted text> Is all suffering necessary in a world without God? Is all suffering unnecessary? Are atheists omnipotent?
Great rebuttal as always. Your unsupported opinions are of untold value to us.

Location hidden

#760220 Jul 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for proving my point oh lifeless one. I TOLD YOU, you would answer my post. You don't have a choice. Poor little bored atheist insect. Poor widdle, widdle, arachnid.
Hmmm...so you attack people, then when they respond, you say they are desperate to respond to you?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Aww....poor little Viking....using such archaic early internet fighting skills....

so sad.

Location hidden

#760222 Jul 20, 2014
Meanwhile, back on topic:

Still waiting for anyone to offer any proof of any god's existence...any at all...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Phooey 650,752
Have a wonderful weekend..4REAL 3 min Doctor REALITY 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 5 min Aussie Kev 2,360
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Bongo 56,381
Is Satan behind mixed-race relationships? 9 min Doctor REALITY 2
Why did God allow sin into His universe? 24 min Doctor REALITY 29
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min RiccardoFire 45,006
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 2 hr Ajay 74
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr X Pendable 182,982
More from around the web