Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#760017 Jul 20, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>Wow...IANS totally owns you, doesn't he?

Obsessed much?
You noticed as well? Nice.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#760018 Jul 20, 2014
seven turns

there ya go IANS, great song.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#760019 Jul 20, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Why do you suppose so many people are anti-theistic and disapprove of Christianity? For no good reason whatsoever?
lightbeamrider wrote:
You are atheist because you simply do not want God to exist in spite of the evidence
I am an atheist because I am a rational skeptic and there is insufficient evidence for a god. There is no other conclusion possible under such circumstances.

It is you that makes choices based on desires rather than evidence. You are foolish to want the god you worship to exist. That god is cruel and doesn't keep its promises. That would be a dangerous combination.
lightbeamrider wrote:
and the fact atheism cannot compete in market place of ideas. Especially in Public Schools. Its all one sided. Theism is censored.
Your church is rightly forbidden access to children in public schools. And atheism is doing quite well in the public debate. It's Christianity that is losing ground.
lightbeamrider wrote:
People are pulling their kids out. Yet everyone is expected to pay for public education.
That's their choice. The free public education doesn't include Sunday school.

And making that choice shows us that it is Christianity that can't compete. If it could, you would be content to give your children their religious education at home and church.with the expectation that the religious teaching would prevail wherever it differed from a secular education rather than choosing to spend so much trying to control what they hear.

Fennario

#760020 Jul 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Evidence for God is everywhere and explains thing both outside and in. Whereas atheism explains nothing outside and in.
That's as weak a claim as Joyful's similar comment a few posts above this one. There is no evidence for a god, and "goddidit" not only explains nothing, such a belief inhibits learning.

I see that you're still telling us that atheism explains nothing as if that is some kind of meaningful insight. It's not. We agree.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Atheism is like going into an art museum and viewing thousands of painting. Masterpieces and assuming there is no artists because they are not visible in the gallery.
That's a poor analogy. Nature doesn't resemble a building or framed oil paintings. It looks more like clouds or a forest.

Here's a better analogy: Theism is like going into a forest and thinking somebody must have planted the trees because you can't imagine any other mechanism to account for them. Theism is like looking up at the clouds and thinking somebody must have put them up there because you can't imagine how else they could be there.

Did you think that anything you posted here answered my question? It didn't. Let's try again: Why do you suppose so many people are anti-theistic and disapprove of Christianity? For no good reason whatsoever?

Location hidden

#760021 Jul 20, 2014
hey feces for brains, you gotta be a woman, you whine, cry, and complain like one..
stop whining bytch!

Fennario

#760022 Jul 20, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
Close a church and open a bank, a gas station or a fast food place you'll get extra tax revenue for sure. That particular church operates food drives, gives out clothing for the poor, offers free counseling, takes poor children to places like the beach or local amusement parks, children whose parents just can't afford that sort of thing, and more. I find it strange that you would prefer tax revenue to the good things that church offers our community.
I prefer that charitable work be done transparently by efficient charities. A few low cost good deeds in exchange for untold thousands of dollars in lost tax revenues isn't a very efficient use of resources.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#760023 Jul 20, 2014
<quoted text>
I had always assumed that lightbeamrider was male, probably because of the misogyny, which recently resurfaced for the rape sub-thread. But Christian women are rather easily co-opted to help with propagating Christian misogyny, and lightbeamrider isn't much different than Joyful in temperament, so who knows?.
Sad that. It's a form of Stockholm Syndrome.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#760024 Jul 20, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
It's not only women who give the silent treatment and it's not always out of spite.
Sometimes communication breaks down and becomes futile or hurtful.
Sometimes it is used as a manipulative tool for control and behaviour modification.
Sometimes, abuse and lack of respect for boundaries coupled with rapist/stalker mentality, can no longer be tolerated or even slightly encouraged.
Sometimes it's due to unforeseen circumstances and can be a protective mechanism.
Then there are times when a person will ignore you simply because they cannot stand you and wish to pretend you do not exist because it's better than wishing you would simply just drop dead or guzzle drano, then drop dead.
It varies.
Some ppl just aint worth the attention, basically. Esp when that's exactly what they want.

Fennario

#760026 Jul 20, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Yes, clearly. You admitted to being a moron.
Liar.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#760027 Jul 20, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Some ppl just aint worth the attention, basically. Esp when that's exactly what they want.
In relationships silence is used as a tool by women.
I always hated when my girl would do that, but she would do it to spite me cause she knew that I liked to talk things through.
Here on the net it's more of just Ignoring, it can't be used as a tool because not knowing the person, it isn't a personal thang as In the same sense as Relationship.
cyber marriage or relationships are a joke and can't be considered " seriously personal " if one does take cyber relationships serious, then I suggest that they have problems interacting with reality..

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#760028 Jul 20, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Some ppl just aint worth the attention, basically. Esp when that's exactly what they want.
You're not wrong there, is it just me or do a lot of guys here think if they're told to bugger off it means they must force themselves onto women because no must mean yes and a rejection must mean dejection?

"Curiouser and curiouser".

I don't know about all women but when I'm interested, a guy doesn't have to guess, assume or force, nor do I tell him that I just vomited at the thought of his interest.

Also, when did having polite conversation, become flirting and wtf is the deal with all the game playing, do real people just not exist anymore? Hm.

To me, no means no and yes means yes.

Some of these Americans sure are different, especially the religinuts and they certainly put paid to the "religion causes one to disassociate from reality" theories but it beats the repugnant trolls in the Aus forum.

Fennario

#760029 Jul 20, 2014
You haven't defined what you mean by bias. Do you mean only irrational conclusions? If so, please explain on what basis you claim that it is irrational to want to expose religion?
Proxy Queen wrote:
I mean bias by its definition; prejudice in favor or against one thing, person or group in favor of another. In the case of exposingreligionblog, they seem biased against Christianity in favor of atheism. I explained why above.
I don't think you did. Nor did you explain what you meant by bias. You just substituted the word prejudice. My question remains the same: by bias (or prejudice), do you mean only irrational and unjust opinions, or do you include judgments based in evidence reasonably understood.
Do you think that exposing the Catholic priest scandal was irrational or unfair?
Proxy Queen wrote:

Don't be mad but I'm going to go ahead and ignore your red herring for now.
That wasn't a red herring - a deliberate distraction. It was on point.Your answer would have helped me determine what you meant by "bias."

Since you prefer not to answer, you'll understand if I assume what seems likely to me. I will assume that by bias and prejudice, you mean irrational and unfair judgments. And I will assume that agree that exposing the Catholic priest scandal was neither irrational nor unfair. The combination of those refutes the claim that a website called "exposereligionblog" is biased simply by virtue of exposing religion.

If you have any problem with any of that, you need to participate to explain yourself.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#760030 Jul 20, 2014
I am an atheist because I am a rational skeptic and there is insufficient evidence for a god.
The no evidence presupposes no God from the get go. You are not a rational skeptic. You are a hyper skeptic and a bigot. Seems you do not draw a distinction between a Sunday School Teacher and a terrorist bomber. In your head a Sunday School Teacher is a terrorist bomber waiting to happen. You define Christianity by abuses, sexual abuses, etc. Ignoring the abuse of a thing does not invalidate its legit use. Ignoring abuses by religionists does not automatically make atheism true. Ignoring no God means no evil.
There is no other conclusion possible under such circumstances.
That means you assume atheism is true in an objective sense. Yet you cannot provide evidence for your faith based assumptions which really explain nothing. You cannot explain why we are here or how we got here other than a blind chance assumption. That assumption is self defeating since it cannot be demonstrated to be true. Or from nothing comes everything and then wrap it all up in the misuse of Science and reason. Reason does not come into being for no reason. That notion is unreasonable. The faith based assumption science can explain everything. Science cannot explain why math works nor is math a part of science. Yet science depends on math. That means science does not explain everything.
It is you that makes choices based on desires rather than evidence.
No evidence and reason along with the majority report for all of human history.
You are foolish to want the god you worship to exist. That god is cruel and doesn't keep its promises.
Cruel relative to what? You keep assuming abstract principals like cruelty and evil in an atheist vacuum which does not allow such concepts to have any real meaning.
That would be a dangerous combination.
Dangerous relative to what?
Your church is rightly forbidden access to children in public schools.
Then we should not have to finance lying to children or not bringing them up properly. If you want an atheist education system then finance it and don't expect everyone else to be forced to chip in through the rule of law. Then at the same time whine about tax exempt status of churches.
And atheism is doing quite well in the public debate. It's Christianity that is losing ground.
Take away religious freedom and your freedom will not be far behind. Under atheism there is always another witch to burn.
That's their choice. The free public education doesn't include Sunday school.
Public education is not free. Public education censors Theism. Like i said before, atheism cannot compete. They do not want competition. Atheism eliminates competition like third world dictators eliminate competition.
If it could, you would be content to give your children their religious education at home and church.with the expectation that the religious teaching would prevail wherever it differed from a secular education rather than choosing to spend so much trying to control what they hear.
The actual education does not differ all that much. God is not censored in Christian schools. Rights and responsibilities derive from God, not men. Also all authority is from God and God gives no moral authority to the state to do immoral things or enact immoral laws. Things like that. What atheists are afraid of is accountability to God.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#760031 Jul 20, 2014
What's wrong with a little flirting during polite conversation?
Doesn't always mean being Interested In anything, it just lightens things up a little, ya know put a smile on someones face.
I like flirting and it's not always Intended to mean anything other than Just being friendly.
A lot of people on here and other threads take shyt way to personal, I could name a few, but no need In that.
I enjoyed talking with them very much, and yes flirting with them also, but they took it to heart and shouldn't do that.
there is one that I'm crushing on now but I'm afraid to say anything simply because of the " over reacting " that goes on..
Just like In life, some that do stalk on the net gives everyone a bad name that does wanna talk with someone, but they're afraid to because of that..
So Peace to everyone..

Location hidden

#760032 Jul 20, 2014
That's as weak a claim as Joyful's similar comment a few posts above this one. There is no evidence for a god, and "goddidit" not only explains nothing, such a belief inhibits learning.
Theism no more inhibits learning then concluding a turtle found on top of a fence post was put there by somebody. its reasonable as opposed to assuming it just popped up there for no reason or assuming nobody was behind the turtle getting there because nobody seen it.
I see that you're still telling us that atheism explains nothing as if that is some kind of meaningful insight. It's not. We agree.
So you see we do have some common ground in that we both agree atheism explains nothing. Has nothing to offer. So if atheism explains nothing the why should your atheism be taken seriously?
Here's a better analogy: Theism is like going into a forest and thinking somebody must have planted the trees because you can't imagine any other mechanism to account for them.
As a Theist, i do not assume that.
Theism is like looking up at the clouds and thinking somebody must have put them up there because you can't imagine how else they could be there.
As a Theist i do not assume that.
Did you think that anything you posted here answered my question? It didn't. Let's try again: Why do you suppose so many people are anti-theistic and disapprove of Christianity? For no good reason whatsoever?
I don't know that so many people are anti theistic or disapprove of Christianity and you are not a good source since you have demonstrated time and again to be a bigot. What is the source for reason in a world without God? Oh, that is right, atheism has no answers. Atheism assumes reason for no reason which is unreasonable.

Fennario

#760033 Jul 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
It takes a real sick pup to compile that sort of list [ http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... ].
That's a typical reaction from a Christian at seeing a long list of crimes by the church: attack the source.

Incidentally, that list just scratched the surface.
lightbeamrider wrote:
IANS has too much time on his hands which means he is a do nothing.
You immediately contradicted yourself. First, you comment on my compiling a long list and even go so far as to say that it is evidence that I have too much free time. Then you call me the opposite - a "do nothing."

You don't really have a message here beyond the fact that you are defenseless against the implications of that list apart from self-contradictory personal comments, do you?

That's fine. Bellying up is acceptable.

Location hidden

#760034 Jul 20, 2014
Is that all you can say about it? that I'm nuts?
irecknso...

Location hidden

#760035 Jul 20, 2014
<
And making that choice shows us that it is Christianity that can't compete.
If you do not think Christianity can compete then why are you all for censoring any Christian influence in public education? It like not allowing the opposing team on the playing field and then declaring victory by default. What atheists do speaks louder than anything they have to say.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#760036 Jul 20, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Shocking revelation status : 10

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#760037 Jul 20, 2014
VIKING wrote:
Never. I wouldn't call our nteraction an argument. It's more that of a very scholarly and learned British Schoolmaster reprimanding his retarded freshman student.
Needless to say I'm the Mr. Chips of the relationship.
So..... You're the top?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 28 min Catcher1 101,231
I love you sister Joyce Meyer 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liamm 670,552
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,310
hurricane hyjinks by yin katz 6 hr yin katz 4
lsexting 7 hr splashshane 1
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 8 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 91
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr btcmacroecon 286,473
More from around the web