Prove there's a god.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#759823 Jul 19, 2014
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one bored, lifeless, mother***er ma man.
It takes a real sick pup to compile that sort of list. IANS has too much time on his hands which means he is a do nothing.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#759824 Jul 19, 2014
VIKING wrote:
I enjoy every GOD GIVEN picosecond of my life.
No you don't. You fool nobody. Everybody present knows what it feels like to have the feelings you express regularly. It is a feeling of angst, and it feels terrible.

You should consider pursuing the peace that I have found in unbelief, but I suspect that it's no longer an option for you - that you have no say in the matter. Thank your parents for the disease that they threw into your crib.

Did you give your children that disease as well? Did you toss bibles at them?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#759825 Jul 19, 2014
scaritual wrote:
It's a metaphor in the grass.
I found Satan. He's on Stargate SG-1.

He's a Goa'uld named Sokar.

He had a serpent in his head.

http://www.zianet.com/jsager/sokar1.jpg

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#759826 Jul 19, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
It seems overly critical to knock someone because you think they're ignorant. It doesn't seem very humanitarian at all....
Humanists are typically concerned with such things as people building. Intellect is an important aspect of humanity. It's our chief advantage. Calling a human mentally slow is as serious a diagnosis as calling a cheetah physically slow.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#759827 Jul 19, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't attended that church in probably 20 years, but it's still open.
Close a church and open a bank, a gas station or a fast food place you'll get extra tax revenue for sure.
That particular church operates food drives, gives out clothing for the poor, offers free counseling, takes poor children to places like the beach or local amusement parks, children whose parents just can't afford that sort of thing, and more.
I find it strange that you would prefer tax revenue to the good things that church offers our community.
Why do you need a church to do those things? Does the pastor get a salary and if so, who pays for that?
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#759828 Jul 19, 2014
jerry turnbo wrote:
proving there is no god is like proving there is no you .do you exist. if so prove it. I cant see you how do I know you exist. oh ye of little faith. you said not to quote scriptures so lets look at this this way.prove to us where you came from .Someone had to make you some one had to make the the first person on earth .where and how can you prove that man was not created.who has eyes to see and see not ears to hear and hear not.my god is real but I don't know for sure you are because I cant see you or hear you.
So if We prove to you we exist will you worship us?LL

Gods are Invention of stupid ancient people
www.godchecker.com

Life is the result of evolution

http://youtu.be/leLpFwjjn8M

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#759829 Jul 19, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
They call it Sexual Wellness lol.
Dunno about the blow up dolls, but lots of other stuff is available. I ain't gonna post the link, check for yourself if you want.....
Wise choice.

I remember the ugly boobs link.

Just sayin
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#759830 Jul 19, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one Creator. I call him God. Other religions call him by other names/titles. Have a great night/day.
UNsuported assertion fallacy

Its Irelevant what you call god,this place is about PROOF,,so far you have none..

Have a gorgeous day
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#759831 Jul 19, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> You, Just as anyone doesn't know there's not a " God "
You " believe " there's no " God "
There's more proof for one than there's proof of their not being one..
Thats what we are waiting for PROOF

And you haven't got any either,,,

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#759832 Jul 19, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
UNsuported assertion fallacy
Its Irelevant what you call god,this place is about PROOF,,so far you have none..
Have a gorgeous day
Incorrect. I have plenty of proof. Rainbows and butterflies.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#759833 Jul 19, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he a moron?
Either he gets his rocks off by being the biggest internet troll he can be it he's mentally unbalanced.
If he's getting pleasure off of this, then he deserves harsh ridicule. If he's unbalanced, then he should just be ignored.
I'm not qualified to determine either.
He's from New Jersey. Everyone living in Jersey is crazy. It's not his fault.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#759834 Jul 19, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I reject fallacious and insufficiently supported arguments. Give me sound reasoning with credible support, and we can talk. In the areas of your life where you depend on people making intelligent choices, such as the building of a bridge, you depend on thought of that quality.
If you can provide solid evidence and cogent argument that the church is a force for good, I'll soften my stance on it. What I see instead are bare claims supported only faith and anecdote such as people asking me to assess the status of Christian charity throughout the nation by taking a walk and looking around.
If the church did a significant amount of good relative to its size and resources, it ought to be easy to demonstrate that fact and settle this issue. Why is that so difficult?
It's difficult because many churches keep their finances private, as the law allows them to.

This is just for the RCC:

The Economist estimates that 57% of the church's U.S. spending went to Catholic health care networks, with an additional 28% to colleges, 6% to day-to-day operations at local parishes and dioceses, and 2.7% to national charities.

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx...

57% of $170 billion is a boatload of charity.

You claim that Christians are intolerant, opposed to scientific progress (anti-science I think you said), and believe in the ancient interpretations of the Bible instead of the modern, gentle, interpretations. You say you're an evidence-based thinker, where's your evidence for those assertions?

If you want to make the claim that "Christianity does more harm than it does good", then you must stick with Christianity as it is today, not like it was during the Spanish Inquisition or anything. We're talking about modern Christianity, can you stick with that?

You can't say use the generalization that "Christianity does harm" by citing a handful of references about Christians that have done harm, that would be like saying "Italians are evil" and citing actions from the Italian Mafia to prove your point. That doesn't work.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759835 Jul 19, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:

Because you are intelligent and talking to IANS is like talking to a brick wall. Talking to yourself would be a more intelligent conversation than talking to IANS.
Oh crap, I took it a totally different way. The wording you used now makes sense, at least of the idea you're trying to convey.

I've been debating with IANS for a few years now, and believe me we've gotten into it pretty harshly. He's a master debater (lol) and he's really good at saving old posts and previous links to topics that he's already researched. He's a smart man, Joy. Just because his view differs greatly from yours doesn't make him any less intelligent. Or trustworthy.

You have to swallow your pride, Joy. You have to learn to let it go. You don't need to defend every single accusation that's thrown at you.

You seem to be a sweet person, don't you dare let them take that away from you. Don't you dare become that which you are arguing against. Understand?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#759837 Jul 19, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
Nice post, thanks.
I recently told one atheist here about a personal experience of mine, that I've witnessed small churches that don't make enough revenue to even cover operating expenses. You know his response was? "I don't care".
You offered more anecdotal evidence, and in support of what position?

It's irrelevant.
You're right about the broad brush comment. It seems they want us to distinguish them as all unique individuals while they sit back and complain about THE church.
*shrugs*
I thought you were able to finally comprehend the meaning of "the church".

What happened? Did it fall out?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759838 Jul 19, 2014
River Tam wrote:
I don't mind. I wouldn't put it out there if it bothered me.
I don't consider it a disability.
Good girl. You're handi-capable :)

Please don't hit me over the head with that metal leg again. I'll make you a sammich, Otay?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759839 Jul 19, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
The not true parts. Fiction.
Basically all the important parts of religion that make them religions are fiction.
Oh.

"all the important parts"

Shit, why didn't you just say that in the first place? It's all becoming so clear now...

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#759840 Jul 19, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats what we are waiting for PROOF
And you haven't got any either,,,
I do not have proof for the existence of " Gods " Just as you and other atheists don't have any proof for his non existence.
to get on here and say that you know there is no " God " makes you and others liars..
Why are you waiting for proof?
Like a coward when, if God is proved you gonna fall to your knees and suck him dry?
Gdam, at least take your eternal punishment with some dignity karl..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759841 Jul 19, 2014

Yes, although a good life requires an income sufficient to meet basic needs and a little more. We used most of our discretionary income not earmarked for savings on travel and art. I have never regretted those choices. The art and memories still surround us.
Good fortune requires enough money, good health, love and friends, knowledge, and a little luck.
Perfectly said. Thanks!!!

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#759842 Jul 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, although a good life requires an income sufficient to meet basic needs and a little more. We used most of our discretionary income not earmarked for savings on travel and art. I have never regretted those choices. The art and memories still surround us.
Good fortune requires enough money, good health, love and friends, knowledge, and a little luck.
My discretionary funds go to the same--travel and art.

I fully agree with your last sentence, and add only this thought from Carlos Ruiz Zafon:

“I don't suppose you have many friends. Neither do I. I don't trust people who say they have a lot of friends. It's a sure sign that they don't really know anyone.”

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759843 Jul 19, 2014
Humanists are typically concerned with such things as people building. Intellect is an important aspect of humanity. It's our chief advantage. Calling a human mentally slow is as serious a diagnosis as calling a cheetah physically slow.
Hmmm....

You're justifying calling a person for what they are. Would Humanists agree that calling a fat person fat is the right thing to do, because being fat is unhealthy? Would you say that to their face or even on an anonymous website like this?

I know I've done that in the past, that was the old me. It seems like a coldhearted and unnecessary thing to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 50 min Clearwater 87,840
Where can i buy ecstasy in dundee?? ASAP (Feb '13) 1 hr DundeeDank 2
Profitional massage for girl in Sohar (oman) (Jan '15) 2 hr Funny life 33
The Future of Politics in America 2 hr Scaritual 134
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 2 hr Scaritual 12
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 284,458
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 3 hr gundee123 1,212
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 7 hr lightbeamrider 437
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr kent 665,093
More from around the web