Prove there's a god.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#759734 Jul 19, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Good fortune is better than monetary fortune, no?
What?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#759735 Jul 19, 2014
VIKING wrote:
Not at all......I'm not the one who renamed myself after Marie Antoinette.
Smart lady.

Executed by her subjects.

Very sad.

"I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all." -Marie

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759736 Jul 19, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
Not really, man. I'm seeing a lot of evidence, anecdotal and otherwise, being tossed out in the mental trash by the people that call themselves evidence-based thinkers.

It seems you reject such arguments to keep your fantasy status quo, that churches, and Christianity, do more harm than good.
curiouslu wrote:
Now you're getting it! Yes, churches and christianity, do more harm than good.
By far. It's not even disputable, not honestly anyway.
I see you want to keep the same fantasy status quo.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759737 Jul 19, 2014
VIKING wrote:

I DO......I enjoy every GOD GIVEN picosecond of my life. I help thousands (especially kids)
"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven." -Jesus
and simultaneously mercilessly torture the likes of you.........WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT
NOTHING.
"You shall not murder" -God

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759742 Jul 19, 2014
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah real "smart" She feasted like a pig while France starved, told them "to eat cake" and lost her head before she turned 38.
That may be "smart" in some backwater West Virginia mobile home but not in the big city.
Buying wine may make sense in the big city, but making wine makes sense in some backwater West Virginia mobile home .

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#759743 Jul 19, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>Proxy Queen wrote:
Not really, man. I'm seeing a lot of evidence, anecdotal and otherwise, being tossed out in the mental trash by the people that call themselves evidence-based thinkers.

It seems you reject such arguments to keep your fantasy status quo, that churches, and Christianity, do more harm than good.

I see you want to keep the same fantasy status quo.
You only call it fantasy because you completely ignore history, psychology, reason, reality, the news articles you don't like and anything that disagrees with your faith.

Wait.

Hm.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759744 Jul 19, 2014
curiouslu wrote:

You only call it fantasy because you completely ignore history, psychology, reason, reality, the news articles you don't like and anything that disagrees with your faith.
Wait.
Hm.
To be clear, the fantasy is: churches, and Christianity, do more harm than good.

I know of no history, psychology, reason, reality, or news articles that changes that fantasy into reality.

Catcher1

Manhattan Beach, CA

#759745 Jul 19, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait.
Hm.
Sometimes I feel sorry for the Redneck.

I do believe he's making an attempt to change, but his worst enemy--himself--is an obstacle he isn't able to overcome.

Then I think back on his seedy past, and I don't feel sorry for him any more.

I don't feel compunctions in saying this, because he has told us that nothing will offend him.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#759746 Jul 19, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
I can understand having a low opinion about someone's character, but how can you have a low opinion about someone's intelligence?
By assessing it and finding it wanting.

Location hidden

#759747 Jul 19, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>To be clear, the fantasy is: churches, and Christianity, do more harm than good.

I know of no history, psychology, reason, reality, or news articles that changes that fantasy into reality.
That's right. Because you ignore it. Or deny it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759748 Jul 19, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
By assessing it and finding it wanting.
It seems overly critical to knock someone because you think they're ignorant. It doesn't seem very humanitarian at all....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759750 Jul 19, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Sometimes I feel sorry for the Redneck.
I do believe he's making an attempt to change, but his worst enemy--himself--is an obstacle he isn't able to overcome.
I don't feel compunctions in saying this, because he has told us that nothing will offend him.
"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself." -Persian poet, Rumi

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759751 Jul 19, 2014
[QUOTE who="curiouslu"
That's right. Because you ignore it. Or deny it.[/QUOTE]

What do I ignore, specifically?

Fennario

#759752 Jul 19, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:
How aware are you of your own ignorance?
With regard to what? Religion? I feel confident that my conclusions are valid. Part of that confidence derives from years of presenting those conclusions, and the kinds of rebuttals I get.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#759753 Jul 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So girly are you a man or a woman?
I'm no moron, I'm Aura Mytha!
If you haven't figured that out by now then you really are stu*id.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#759755 Jul 19, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems overly critical to knock someone because you think they're ignorant. It doesn't seem very humanitarian at all....
That is who and how he is. He is not a humanitarian and has no wish to be. It doesn't matter what he thinks. The truth is all that matters and those who matter and know me know the truth.:) Have a lovely day. God bless.

Catcher1

Manhattan Beach, CA

#759756 Jul 19, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard of willful ignorance?

Is it ok to knock willful ignorance?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#759757 Jul 19, 2014
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way you cash your welfare checks and the same way you cash your disability checks for the mentally impaired.
That was a dumb question.
It's the process of converting it into a check or direct deposit that I was referring to, cretin. I had to return to the store where I purchased it, fill out paperwork for roughly ten minutes, now I have to take the paperwork to either my bank or the lottery commission for payment. I was told to expect another fifteen minutes of filling out forms in either place to satisfy the lottery commission and the IRS. Since both my bank and the lottery commission are closed for the weekend, I'll have to wait until Monday. Had the ticket been $599 or under, I could have redeemed it at the store where I bought it. Not so simple, huh?

Fennario

#759758 Jul 19, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Christianity deserves no respect because it gives none.
Proxy Queen wrote:
Your slights and insults do not affect Christianity in any significant way.
Those "slights and insults" are positive claims supported by evidence and argument. If you think they have no merit or impact, you have no reason to mind them. Why do you suppose that so many others do?

Location hidden

#759759 Jul 19, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes I feel sorry for the Redneck.

I kinda feel compassion towards him but that's my way and since I know how it feels to be judged based on societal pre-conceptions or on who one no longer is, I tend to try not to.

As far as being goes, one should only apologise for hurting others, not for who they are.

Positive growth and development is a wonderful thing for any individual, I just think it's important to do it for one's self, based on one's own ideals and motivations. Not because another person thinks you should fit their mould.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min NotSoDivineMsM 30,982
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min kent 687,235
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min David S Pumpkins 286,549
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 3 hr Jack Pitan 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lil whispers 619,792
Topix is run by a bunch of GAY LOSERS 8 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 9 hr Doctor REALIUTY 6
More from around the web