Prove there's a god.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#759632 Jul 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are you a punk, you're a really dumb one.
To quote Buck.

YOU ARE A MORON.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#759633 Jul 19, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks.:) has RR turned into a Queen ?
LOL.... Yes.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#759634 Jul 19, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Satanists are atheists.
I don't know why I have to keep saying this.
They don't believe in Satan or God.
Each person is his or her own god.
Just like Christians. <smile>
henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#759635 Jul 19, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Is that where you wanna be when Jesus comes back?
seek help Immediately!
What a childish remark. Jesus died Long ago and of course like any other man will never come back. BTW: there is no god or any other Phantom. You better Change to science as a worthwile life.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#759637 Jul 19, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
A snake in the grass is better than one in the bush.
It's a lesbian thing.
;-)
A bird in the bush is better than one in the hand.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#759638 Jul 19, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and used car salesmen are more honest than both.
At least with a car salesman you get something real even if its a lemon.
henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#759640 Jul 19, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
[<quoted text>
I didn't consider it fruitless.
<quoted text>
No need. It's backed by evidence and cogent argument. Let me reproduce a snippet of it for you:
Lab28 wrote: "I believe in the natural attraction of Christ. I believe in the Holy Spirit working within the hearts of those who accept Him. I believe in planting seeds and letting God make them grow."
IANS replied: "That's a faith based belief by your own reckoning. Look around you. Viking has accepted the message and is a passionate advocate of Christ and Christianity. Is that what you meant by "the Holy Spirit working within the hearts of those who accept Him."? According to evidence based methods, one contradictory finding kills a hypothesis or theory. Find one human being in the Mesozoic strata or in the stomach of a dinosaur, and evolutionary theory flies out the window."
You probably read that a few moments ago, since it's less than an hour old as I write this. Did you attempt to rebut that with an equally reasoned argument, or did you either dismiss or ignore it instead?
<quoted text>
Is that an argument against the merit of that agenda? Is an agenda automatically a bad thing? Isn't the war on poverty an agenda?
<quoted text>
There's a pretty obvious agenda there.
Did you find that to be a compelling argument against it, or just a rhetorical device intended to undermine an argument by implying a sinister or otherwise inappropriate ulterior motive for the source?
God has nothing to do. This myth is not really. People like you I pity.

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#759641 Jul 19, 2014
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm smart enough to know there's a God. YOU TRANSGERED RETARDED K**T.
It seems your "god" has turned you into a hateful, vulgar, frightened and quite UN-godly shadow of a real man. How'd that happen? Methinks your mind is occupied by a different sort of god... the horned kind.
henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#759642 Jul 19, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Is that where you wanna be when Jesus comes back?
seek help Immediately!
Jesus died 2000 years ago and thats it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#759643 Jul 19, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
IANS' entire point is that religions are damaging to cognition. I'm trying to prove him incorrect, but I keep failing in that regard. I also initially disagreed with him about faith - tried my best to defend it as a positive, but failed to do so and have come to agree with him there, too.
Thank you for that.

Topix is a bit like a controlled study. Take ten to twenty believers and ten to twenty unbelievers at any given time, and let them show you the range and relative distribution of qualities each possesses - intellectual maturity and education, emotional maturity, socialization skills and manners, social conscience and sense of justice, spirituality, etc., and judge which program is better at people building. Would we prefer a society more like the unbelievers posting here ("I'm nice and smart.Have a blessed day," "Immigrants are vermin," or "I wish you were all dead and in hell"), or one more like the believers?

These Christians couldn't give a crap about people, just propagating their disease. They know that their anti-scientific talk damages America and puts the world at risk of a climate change disaster, but they couldn't care less.

They know that recriminalizing abortion will lead to back alley procedures by untrained people using unclean tools in unsanitary condition, and what the consequences of that will be, but they couldn't care less.

They know that promoting "abstinence only" promotes teen pregnancies, but they couldn't care less.

The evidence for the damage that religion does is everywhere, but sometimes it helps to have somebody else identify, collect and organize it, and to present it with an argument. If I could help you to see more clearly what I see, then I feel good about that, especially given how much energy you also put into this activity.
henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#759644 Jul 19, 2014
Any god is a myth or Phantom. Any Religion is a fake or a crime.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#759645 Jul 19, 2014
henry wrote:
Capitalism and war are twins.
Actually, capitalism is an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state and war is a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

Very different concepts.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#759646 Jul 19, 2014
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus died 2000 years ago and thats it.
Yes henry, i get it dude.
Broaden your horizon henry, there is so much more to life than the doom and gloom of Industrialization of earth.

Here bro, enjoy

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759647 Jul 19, 2014
scaritual wrote:
Because it meets the requirements of the 501(c)(3) guidelines, and so has that status.
So do churches.

So why do some want churches to start paying taxes but not other groups that meet the same rules?
You'd do well for your understanding of this topic to look at and read the mission statement of FFRF.
The Better Business Bureau says the FFRF does not meet the following 3 Standards for Charity Accountability.

http://www.bbb.org/charity-reviews/national/c...

They still get their 501(c)(3) status though.

Imagine that.
henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#759648 Jul 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Um, you mean civilization and war are twins.
Capitalism came before Feudalism and before Feudalism was Slavery and before that was antiquity.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759649 Jul 19, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
These Christians couldn't give a crap about people, just propagating their disease. They know that their anti-scientific talk damages America and puts the world at risk of a climate change disaster, but they couldn't care less.

They know that recriminalizing abortion will lead to back alley procedures by untrained people using unclean tools in unsanitary condition, and what the consequences of that will be, but they couldn't care less.

They know that promoting "abstinence only" promotes teen pregnancies, but they couldn't care less.
HA HA HA!!!

Oh, you were serious?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#759650 Jul 19, 2014
henry wrote:
Any god is a myth or Phantom.
We eagerly await you to present evidence of your assertion.

Anytime....
henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#759652 Jul 19, 2014
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
That's EXACTLY where I wanna be when Jesus Christ comes back. And it is YOU who needs IMMEDIATE help. Seek it......and you shall find it.........do it NOOOOOOOOOW!!!!
You are just amusing me no more. No god ever existed ever.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#759653 Jul 19, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, capitalism is an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state and war is a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.
Very different concepts.
And what would you say your place is, in our capitalist society?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#759654 Jul 19, 2014
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
No.....my boys" bedtime prayer is:
Please give Anon a life so he can stop
inflating dates on weekend nights from his
Mommy's dark, dank desolate, desperately
dirty dungeon. Please send Anon a real
live woman so he can stop ordering on-line
vaginas. Please send Anon an honest to
goodness girl so he can stop carrying an
affair with the neighbor's St. Bernard. We
Sullivan boys pray this in Jesus's Name...
AMEN
Aren't my boys sweet?
Well, I'll be damned, their prayers are working since I suffer none of the above. Even the owner of the St. Bernard is speaking to me again. Tell your children thanx, and give my regards to your hundred or so brothers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 27 min Tellthetruth 447,410
I miss her so bad. Should I reach out? 50 min mikex28 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Nohweh 71,615
How to make an interracial relationship work 2 hr malvin48 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Gay Equals Pervert 699,410
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 5 hr Dang Jersey Piney 122
Are Quadroons and Griffes Considered Mulatto? (Aug '10) 5 hr Jank 55