Prove there's a god.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#758351 Jul 16, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So mac, are you staying in the US of A?
Long enough to work up the necessary grubstake...

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#758352 Jul 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope – you?
Nope! Sugar?

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#758353 Jul 16, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Nope! Sugar?
There ya go honey, see what happens when you guess?

Location hidden

#758354 Jul 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go honey, see what happens when you guess?
You keep saying that you're not gonna post to me anymore, but there you are every morning..
Just how many chances you gonna give me?
YOU are on the List!

#758355 Jul 16, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> You keep saying that you're not gonna post to me anymore, but there you are every morning..
Just how many chances you gonna give me?
YOU are on the List!
I do not say that, I said you have had 2 chances to prove yourself and failed both times. Just because you are a looser does not mean I will not post to you anymore, I enjoy humiliating sick minded dickheads like you. Sh|t I even post to no no no brain on occasion and she has a long time passed any chance she deserves.

It is you who has claimed you would not post to me any more and your obsession got the better of you after just 6 minutes

What list?

Location hidden

#758356 Jul 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not say that, I said you have had 2 chances to prove yourself and failed both times. Just because you are a looser does not mean I will not post to you anymore, I enjoy humiliating sick minded dickheads like you. Sh|t I even post to no no no brain on occasion and she has a long time passed any chance she deserves.
It is you who has claimed you would not post to me any more and your obsession got the better of you after just 6 minutes
What list?
I don't have to prove anything to you christian..
The RAT list!
Don't you ever get tired of nano serving you crow?
I have noticed that she serves it well..

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#758357 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like what Christians still do :)
Exactly, at least some claim the authority.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#758358 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Totally. Well said!
Thanks, Hiding.

#758359 Jul 16, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have to prove anything to you christian..
The RAT list!
Don't you ever get tired of nano serving you crow?
I have noticed that she serves it well..
Then WTF do you consider it clever to prove yourself by posting a youtube page about me? Sounds kind of embarrassing now you have come down a bit eh? Such a pity that you cannot control your emotions when you get stoned, isn’t it?

Yup whatever, you meant the informing on the criminal thief list. You are welcome to condone theft as you choose, you only have your own conscience to appease, as I do with mine and I am happy to thwart criminal intent, how about you?

Don’t know, never seen it happen but your belief is whatever seems to sexually excite you. Personally I think you are better off on your own without brown nosing the no no.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#758360 Jul 16, 2014
scaritual wrote:

Yeah.
You know none of this is about winning. Not for me anyway.
Me neither, brother. Not anymore, anyway. It's about sharing ideas and hopefully learning something new. That's why I stopped debating you about this, there's no reason to.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#758361 Jul 16, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately I can't. I'm sorry. When a corrupt person or organization exists and even if they do good but they refuse to change their ways and still continue on their destructive path, how in the world is anyone supposed to be ok with it. It's like a neighbor that murdered those people but in between those murders saved my kitty from the tree. I guess he's " not all that bad"
That's not very fair, Al. How can you compare an organization to a person like that?

I see it more like a neighbor that murdered those people but no one else in the community has. I guess they're "not all that bad", just the one bad apple is.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#758362 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:

I'm just offering education, spiked with a healthy dose of atheism.
:)
It only works on the thinking.
Whew. I thought you were talking about me at first.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#758363 Jul 16, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
If it says miscarriage, it says miscarriage and I'd go along with that. None of the translations I've seen (aside from two posted here) says miscarriage, though. From my perspective, it says premature birth - because "no harm" is done.
HOWEVER, in all honesty and fairness, I've discovered this from a site I use and trust very much, gotquestions.org :
They are discussing abortion in the Bible:
"Exodus 21:22-25 prescribes the same penalty—death—for someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb as for someone who commits murder."
http://www.gotquestions.org/abortion-Bible.ht...
I think they're referring to Exodus 21:23, not Exodus 21:22. What do you think?
ALSO, I've discovered this:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
(click on the "[e]" after the word 'prematurely')
My interpretation may have been skewed, maybe not. Who's to say?
Answer me this, in the time frame of the old testament, how many premature infants do you believe survived being born early through a fight that injured a woman badly enough that it was born way early?

No modern hospital, no incubator, no oxygen. An infant born before its time would die. No way to save it.

Location hidden

#758364 Jul 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Then WTF do you consider it clever to prove yourself by posting a youtube page about me? Sounds kind of embarrassing now you have come down a bit eh? Such a pity that you cannot control your emotions when you get stoned, isn’t it?
Yup whatever, you meant the informing on the criminal thief list. You are welcome to condone theft as you choose, you only have your own conscience to appease, as I do with mine and I am happy to thwart criminal intent, how about you?
Don’t know, never seen it happen but your belief is whatever seems to sexually excite you. Personally I think you are better off on your own without brown nosing the no no.
That youtube page wasn't/isn't about you. I only applied your name to that video, which was deleted right after I posted it to you. my my aren't you conceded..
I am a criminal, well excriminal and RATS are a no no.
I'm not brown nosing nano, only giving credit where credit is due..
Why does everything have to do with sexual excitement for you, you must be a real freak. don't get that thang all knuckled up..

here, for you

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#758365 Jul 16, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
You don't view a human fetus as a person ... I believe a human offspring is a person at the moment of conception ...
I don't view an early term fetus as having a right to be born unless its mother agrees.

Where did you come up with personhood at conception? Your bible seems to say that life begins with breath:

"Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." - Genesis 2:7
Proxy Queen wrote:
... and nothing you say will change that. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
That's the whole point of a wedge issue. It wouldn't be much of a wedge if it didn't divide a population of voters. Religion can accomplish this simply by taking a position that people outside of the religion are much less likely to take. Being against sex slavery isn't much of a wedge issue, for example, because people outside of religion agree. But taking a hard line against gay marriage made a good wedge issue for over a decade, as most people outside of Christianity have no reason to want to oppress loving gay couples.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

just better than yesterday

#758366 Jul 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely said, factual and concise
BTW the Inquisition still exists, only the name on the door has changed to “The Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith”
The cardinal who until recently ran the department was promoted to Pope Benedict XVI.
To be fair though the catholic church did apologise to Galileo – more than 300 years after his death
Better late than never I suppose....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#758367 Jul 16, 2014
scaritual wrote:
numerous translations use the exact term, "miscarriage", and in the Targumim the word following the words/terms for "to produce" - "fetus" - "and also" - "to come to pass"... Is >> "death" http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca... /Exod_zps2a79b847.png Then it's really difficult to imagine anything else was meant. I cut that pic down so it would hopefully fit your screen. Maybe it will.
Nice. Very helpful.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#758368 Jul 16, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>That's my species! We're the best think that the universe has made that we are aware of, and probably the best thing for light years. Congratulations to us both for being human..

And if your religion teaches differently, sorry about that. It did you a disservice.
Well, that's my species too! Yay for us!
My religion? Hahahaha.

Wait. You're not really a teddy bear?

http://i.imgur.com/LbJD3nS.jpg

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#758369 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't consider our spirituality a metaphysical product. We see it as...a particular, non-normal, non-mundane function of the brain. Moreover, it's the product of evolution, and a human universal (all humans have the potential to have spiritual experience).
Additionally, how to interpret the experience is cultural. It is socially learned and taught - when you are growing in Christianity, others introduce you to concepts like "being fulfilled in the Lord" or "being taken by the Holy Spirit" etc. And, if you actually carry out studies on Christians (or just observe), you can see church members correcting junior members on "ways of having spiritual experiences." Last, such "ways" differ between Protestant sects, with differing groups focused on different forms of spiritual experience.
For believers, such as yourself, the powerful feelings connect you to your deity and religious worldview. For religions, these experiences powerfully reinforce the concepts, "ways of thinking about the world," and "ways of engaging the world."
So the cultural system of religion produces, reproduces and reinforces the subjective, lived realities they lay claim to.
Huh. It seems you're referring to universal spirituality, a topic not easy to define. Every person will perceive spirituality in their own way and will give varying answers from large to small margins of percentage.

Spirituality seems to be embedded in every human being, some can access their spirituality easier than others. It's something we always ponder, we always try to understand and we always try to find an answer for. Is it like you said, a simple evolutionary niche in human DNA or is it God's way of allowing us to be closer to Him?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#758370 Jul 16, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer me this, in the time frame of the old testament, how many premature infants do you believe survived being born early through a fight that injured a woman badly enough that it was born way early?
No modern hospital, no incubator, no oxygen. An infant born before its time would die. No way to save it.
As there was never a recorded case of that happening or that law being enforced, I can't answer that. I can only speculate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Ice Man 42,121
US Marines Mostly Gay (Oct '11) 59 min Mike 2232 42
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Rabbis on the Run 140
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr waaasssuuup 690,473
Are you like the silver jewelry? 3 hr ssjtv46 1
Charles Mansion Died Last Night 3 hr Paul McCartney is... 8
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 3 hr Paul is dead 3
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 5 hr Paul is dead 632
More from around the web