“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#753859 Jul 7, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:
The unbeliever cannot understand. It's not just a matter of being stupid, it's the very nature of the unaware. By default,(as a result of original sin) man will always recoil and withdraw from the presence of God. They refuse to see or hear in a spiritual sense, because they're not able to handle the truth.
Are you aware that theists of every stripe make the same kinds of statements about those that don't believe as they do? They all appear to be deluded as you are.

Have you got anything that lets you know you're not deluded, that all those other wrong theists don't have?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#753860 Jul 7, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm serious. I blame religion, there'd probably be less teen pregnancies if girls were taught things like self respect and self love.
This is very true.

What I find absolutely fascinating in that in Italy, with its very high population of catholics and the Vatican State slap bang in the middle denying birth control you will find condom vending machines on most street corners and many schools.

http://melicin.tumblr.com/post/26081324125/co...

Unfortunately those good christian big boys have problems with education

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/...

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#753861 Jul 7, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>ha ha ha ha You prcks love it when I post so you can plaigarize my comments as your own.
I saw where you poofters were using my comments as your own over in the atheist forum. It must really hurt to be so dull as to steal others' writings in an effort to look quick witted.
Sit on it.
http://www.tabletonic.com.au/categories/Moroc...

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#753862 Jul 7, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>What you have is Christian proof, not regular proof. Regular proof is the kind of thing you can use to convince any sufficiently well educated and open mind. Christian proof is any private, subjective interpretation of anything that supports your faith based preferences, and which convinces nobody that doesn't already believe.
http://i.imgur.com/bJzAQmz.jpg

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#753863 Jul 7, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong twice. A miscarriage is an abortion, and legal abortions are not murder.
Regarding miscarriage being abortion, you are making the same type of error that lightbeamrider made when he used the word "history" to mean one of its subsets, recorded history. You're using the word "abortion" to mean only clinical abortion, one of its subsets.
The problem is your choice to use angry and abusive language in support of your ignorance, which seems to be a recurring theme among the faithful. Your gifts and fruits of the spirit are pretty weak if they fly out of the window under this little testing.
<quoted text>
Well said.
There is no need to treat anybody that you are trying to teach, but who tenaciously clings to her ignorance and ungratefully returns verbal abuse with any more courtesy or respect than you receive.
You obviously touched a nerve calling a miscarriage any kind of abortion. She is hearing you calling her a murderer, and is quite angry about it. If anybody gets to call falsely anybody else a murderer, it will be her, not you.
What's feces for brains trying to teach IANS?
He is comparing a natural occurrence to an abortion. so what if they call it spontaneous abortion.
Dude is arguing an Ignorant point just to throw feces against a wall..

HERE

enjoy

Location hidden

#753864 Jul 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously do otherwise you would not be prattling on about it
You are on the list..

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#753865 Jul 7, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Any man who thinks that 70 virgins is a suitable reward, has never been to bed with one.
Technically, I'm a virgin.

Any man who thinks he can take me is welcome to try. Oh, and I don't fight by any rules that you or I have heard of.

I make them up as it suits ME.

Now then, who wants to play?

<River sharpens things unseen>

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#753866 Jul 7, 2014
gort wrote:
Who stands firm? Only the one for whom the final standard is not his reason, his principles, his conscience, his freedom, his virtue, but who is ready to sacrifice all these, when in faith and sole allegiance to God he is called to obedient and responsible action: the responsible person, whose life will be nothing but an answer to God's question and call.
— Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Despicable.

But thank you nevertheless. I've added it to my growing list of quotes by the faithful summarizing the church's contempt for reason and intelligence - so called Christian anti-intellectualism, one of over a dozen harmful ideas that the church promotes:

[1] For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." - 1 Corinthians 1:19

[2] He said, "Go and tell this people: "'Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving.”- Isaiah 6:9

[3] Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed." - Isaiah 6:10

[4] Ecclesiasted 1:18 -“For in much wisdom is much vexation and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow.

[5] "Empty your minds of secular knowledge." - John Chrysostom, Holy Hierarch of Constantinople

[6] "Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed. Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense & understanding. Whatever it sees must be put out of sight with nothing but the word of god remaining in view.- To be a christian, you must pluck out the eye of reason." - Martin Luther

[7] "Since God has spoken to us it is no longer necessary for us to think." - St Augustine of Hippo

[8] "Ignorance is the mother of piety" - Pope Gregory I

[9]“Who stands firm? Only the one for whom the final standard is not his reason, his principles, his conscience, his freedom, his virtue, but who is ready to sacrifice all these, when in faith and sole allegiance to God he is called to obedient and responsible action: the responsible person, whose life will be nothing but an answer to God's question and call.”
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

#753867 Jul 7, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Tight as a banjo or loose as a goose. Been around the block a few times? More likely the latter.
http://i.imgur.com/LHFofvA.jpg
gort

Anonymous Proxy

#753868 Jul 7, 2014
If any one step in the evolutionary process is proven to be impossible, this is sufficient to prove that the whole theory is totally false and invalid.

Location hidden

#753869 Jul 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, when you start ranting about abusing my body to satisfy your lust then I will take you comment in the way it was written and what you say afterward to try and mitigate your pervious is not my problem
Of course you will not know that I have had 3 PMs regarding you obnoxious post. Two advising that I report it and the other saying you are sick minded.
All from crying as$ babies that take shyt to literal, and it doesn't take a scientist to figure out WHO they are.
I don't give a fk if you report it or not.
someone that lives 5000 miles away and takes what i say serious, has way bigger problems than I, Especially them psychotic bytches that can't even make a fake as$ " cyber marriage" work.
such childish shyt!
Report it!
if you can't take a joke you fkn RAT that's not my problem, now back to the cave with your ratting as$..

“ dirty for dirty”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#753870 Jul 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
Here rat ( throwing a block of cheese )

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#753871 Jul 7, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:
Since God created the world and everything (and everyone), then it follows that God would have the right to remove any or all of us at any time.
That does not follow. It's a dangerous and disgusting idea.

I have an obligation to oppose such damaging ideology.

#753872 Jul 7, 2014
gort wrote:
If any one step in the evolutionary process is proven to be impossible, this is sufficient to prove that the whole theory is totally false and invalid.
What?

Can you take you brain out of neutral and say that again

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#753873 Jul 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Honey, when you start ranting about abusing my body to satisfy your lust then I will take you comment in the way it was written and what you say afterward to try and mitigate your pervious is not my problem

Of course you will not know that I have had 3 PMs regarding you obnoxious post. Two advising that I report it and the other saying you are sick minded.
Hm.

Was that on this thread? I skimmed some posts regarding a theft from Pixar but that is all.

#753874 Jul 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> All from crying as$ babies that take shyt to literal, and it doesn't take a scientist to figure out WHO they are.
I don't give a fk if you report it or not.
someone that lives 5000 miles away and takes what i say serious, has way bigger problems than I, Especially them psychotic bytches that can't even make a fake as$ " cyber marriage" work.
such childish shyt!
Report it!
if you can't take a joke you fkn RAT that's not my problem, now back to the cave with your ratting as$..
Honey, you want to cyber abuse that's up to you but may I suggest you choose a willing cyber partner before getting a name for yourself as cyber rapist.

I assume you did not actually read my post, you read the “report” word and flipped into BS aggression mode so in the words of the poet – up yours a$$hole

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#753875 Jul 7, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> I think science can disprove your glove didn't create life or the cosmos, it can NOT disqualify a "God" or other o/side influence.
Don't tell me it has, cause it hasn't.
Creating life in a lab, sure but it's from preexisting life, there are so many unanswered questions about, who, what, where, when, and why.
you got your belief, I have mine, am I supposed to feel Inferior to you because you think you have the answers and know that there is no "God"? if so, you got me messed up..
I would never agree with a non believer, about anything relating to a "God"
I believe In the message of Christ, the rest is up in the air...
Uhh. No. How can science rule out my left glove? Did any scientist actually study it? How can they for sure?

The scientific mindset, is one of collecting supporting evidence. There is no supporting evidence for my glove creating the universe, as there is no supporting evidence for your god doing so. Scientifically speaking, my left glove is as likely as the god you worship to have created this universe, meaning both hypotheses have zero, niks, niets, fokol evidence to support it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#753876 Jul 7, 2014
Huh wrote:
Yeah, that passive-aggressive shtick is ridiculous.
(paraphrasing)'Have yourself a joyful and blessed day, you disgusting, murdering atheist.'

#753877 Jul 7, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hm.
Was that on this thread? I skimmed some posts regarding a theft from Pixar but that is all.
He went into raptures about what he wanted to do with my body. Kind of sick really. If cyber turns him on the maybe he should consider spending some time on a cyber sex site

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#753878 Jul 7, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Any man who thinks that 70 virgins is a suitable reward, has never been to bed with one.
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min USA Born 559,446
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min NEWS-FLASH 175,621
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min onemale 265,131
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 32 min WasteWater 14
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr WasteWater 39,343
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 5,106
12 ingenious kitchen and food hacks that every ... 1 hr hafacs 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ugly Truth from d... 604,998
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web